Are there any black voice actors/actresses that ever voice non-black characters...

Are there any black voice actors/actresses that ever voice non-black characters? It seems that every black voice actor only voices black characters. That’s really weird.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pxvzEfI0BFU
youtube.com/watch?v=50y9_JUPO7g
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles...
youtube.com/watch?v=XKFuBOuxUgk
youtube.com/watch?v=Jad77nHSmbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Phil LaMarr and Samurai Jack.

Eartha Kitt as Yzma and Whoopi Goldberg as Gaia.

*The guy who voices Cleveland Brown
* John DiMaggio did it at least once iirc

>Kevin Michael Richardson and The Joker
>James Avery and The Shredder

Kevin Micheal Richardson and Shredder

An Asian guy voiced Rhodey in Iron Man Armored adventures

And Kevin Michael Richardson voiced Kilowag in Green Lantern TAS, and Darkseid. He did the Joker, Gantu, and a few others

Phil LaMarr

>It seems that every black voice actor only voices black characters. That’s really weird.
That's false tho

>evil jack
does that really count?

Ummmm

Uncle Phil was the Shredder.

Really man? Were you just fishing for examples or what?

She's still my favourite voice for Oracle/Barbara Gordon.

There's Ian, who voices Rad and Darrel in his show.

Cree Summer voiced Bethany Ravenclaw (a white woman) in Beware The Batman.

Would Witch Hagar and Blavkarachnia count or are aliens cheating?

That Voice Actress herself has voiced tons of nonblack characters.
Rad is Piccolo and therefore Black.

There are plenty of prolific black voice actors that voice everything that has a halfway deep voice. I'm not really familiar with very many prolific female black VAs, though.

Cree Summers has voiced a ton of white characters. She was even the camp champ

I can't believe some people are bitching about isle of the dogs

Kevin also voiced Lester (The redneck dude across the street) on The Cleveland Show

Kevin Michael Richardson voiced Trigon and Joker.

Why get a black actor for a non-black character when you can get a white actor? Except for Asians. Black people can voice Asians.

>Wilk
>John Stewart
>The clapslap kid from Jimmy Neutron
That's range.

Does it matter thought?

We all know what's the reaction for a white VA voicing a black character. But what if someone who's neither black nor white voices a black character?

Not to mention THIS character.
youtube.com/watch?v=pxvzEfI0BFU

Preferably you'd have a lot of people getting a lot of experience playing lots of characters so that the stock of voice actors the industry has to pick from is well-practiced and diverse. Or I guess we can just do it FFTA-style, with Marche played by Tara Strong.

Is it racist for white VA's to voice POC characters?

She's underrated desu, never would've figured Shinobu was Jasper.

Came here to say this

Also Bolbi Stroganovski, Wilt from Foster's, and Vamp from MGS2.

youtube.com/watch?v=50y9_JUPO7g
Do you like the 80's ? Because they are back again with ''It's Time to Stop''; a time travel adventure with a real american who needs to find all his beers to kill the evil doctor who wants to transform everybody into flashy clothes! Will you stop his evils plans? Vote for us now and find out! steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles... Music : Tybercore - Cinematic Hybrid Trailer [Epic Suspenseful Trailer Music] Royalty Free Music - Retro Soul

OP said black actors voicing non-black characters, not the other way around.

The person who voices Susie also voices Elmira. In fact , she's using the same voice.

>came here to post this
>it was the first post

Nice.

I remeber Elmira being a lot more sing-songy than Susie

Well, OP sure looks like he didn't do his due diligence on this question.

>wilt
>not black

>Is it racist for white VA's to voice POC characters?
Tumblr says yes, but the industry does it anyway.

You just posted an example. Cree summer

So is this a Sup Forums stealth thread? Because it's some type of bait thread. It has to be

This desu. Phil LaMarr has a huge range of roles and is black

He was also good on mad tv

DAE le dogwhistle xD

I'm guessing you're memeing right now but I don't know what you're saying so yeah awkward

Duh. OP is falsely claiming that black actors stick to black characters. "That's really weird," he says of his false fact, as if it's it's true and should bother us.
Dogwhistle: "them darkies naturally self-segregate, proving that integration is a failed concept."

Tumblr doesn't seem to mind that Connie from SU is voiced by a white girl though

Serious answer: Because they typically have deeper voices so for characters that are supposed to sound threatening that's a good way to go.

No, Sup Forumsmblr.

Cree Summer did plenty of non-black characters, though.

With live action, it leads to controversial topics like whitewashing, or blackface, no matter what you do.

I think it more depends on the artist and writers with Animation though. Unless the voice actor is pulling a very sterotypical accent/lisp, it doesnt really matter.

Because SU is literally Tumblr: The Cartoon, even they aren't dumb enough to risk getting it cancelled by stirring up shit.

cree summers voices a lot of non-black characters

youd be suprised looking through her imdb

youtube.com/watch?v=XKFuBOuxUgk

go back to tumblr

>that
>white

you must be joking

>mad tv

I miss this show so much.

Grace Rolek is white, google her
T. Different user

>Most of the VAs are Asian or Black
This feels almost deliberate.

To be fair, five of those characters are straight up black in the show.

That aside, it doesn't really matter, because it's not like this fact is heavily advertised or anything. It's not like people are saying "Watch Steven Universe, all the VAs are PoC and that means it's great!" It just does it.

No I'm just saying statistically, because they aren't really getting known voice actors in general and just scouting, in a pool of aspiring voice actors there would be way more white people than Black or Asian, so in that sense it feels almost deliberate. Not that it's a PR-stunt.

You were saying?

>Charlie Murphy
Yeah, I'm still upset.

The main character in Neo Yokio, not black but voiced by a black person.

There is only a small handful of black people who could have their voice pass as not black

Are you retarded?

They're looking mostly for VAs that can also sing, since so much of the show uses music. Take that as you will on how that affects the VA pool they choose. Also a quarter of the image play a member of a black family.

Kinda crazy to think Cree Summers was voicing Penny at 13 years old. Its not that weird to see kids voicing kids, but she already had the voice at 13.

>they look for VAs that can sing
>amethyst still hasn't had more than a few lines of singing in all four seasons

what did they mean by this

isn't that godfrey on bottom left?

he's a good comedian

Does Ronald from Nature Cat count? (voiced by Kenan Thompson)

Brooks is a real talent. Where does the Jasper voice come from? She's really acted the shit out of that character.

Missing: Zach Callison, Tom Schrapling, Susan Egan, Patti Lupone, Dee Bradley Baker, Sour Cream, Vidalia, Blue Diamond

Wait, She was Buena Girl?

>basketball-obsessed giant named after Wilt Chamberlain
>abandoned by parents
>not black

shit I love this dude's voice.

Tumblr thinks SU is racist though.

Why?

And since when?

Bismuth
Concrete
Sugilite
Connie’s Mom
Take your pick really.

What did they find racist about one of the hottest cartoon milfs of history?

Dropped this show last summer. The only thing I can understand is racist is concrete, but even then Ian drew it soo doesn't it get a pass by modern society's standards? Are black people not allowed to make fun of black stereotypes now?

They got trolled by Sup Forums when we edited a bunch of SU pics and now they hate it.

>What did they find racist about one of the hottest cartoon milfs of history?
Given the fact that she’s Indian and a tiger mom, people found this extremely stereotypical.

Close.
We edited a bunch of SU pics, Ian said he’d use the white version of himself, people got mad.

Cree also voiced a dog in a Muppet film.

>but even then Ian drew it soo doesn't it get a pass by modern society's standards?
Lamar Abrams drew it but he’s black so the point still stands.

>Given the fact that she’s Indian and a tiger mom, people found this extremely stereotypical.

I used to get mad at tumblr for being annoying, but now it's just funny. Do you have any caps of someone getting mad at this, or SU being racist in general?

I'd also like to see these. Care to post some?

>Do you have any caps of someone getting mad at this,
Just look up SU Critical.
It’s a never ending sea of people getting offended over a cartoon.

>SU being racist in general?
There was an episode where Steven bribed a black man with some watermelon.

Gonna have to watch that one, sounds like a hoot!

>Jasper is Buena Girl is Shinobu
...huh. That's an impressive range, because I never would have guessed.

The episode was Watermelon Steven.
You probably won’t catch it at first unless you’re paying attention.

>playing Devil Survivor Overclocked
>meet up with Mari
>”what a cute nurse”
>look up her VA
>it’s freaking Jasper

>I'd also like to see these. Care to post some?

people got mad at Ian for tweeting that?

God dammit my sides.

Tumblr really can't take a fucking joke. Ian is more based than I thought he was.

>>abandoned by parents
I mean I realize that all Foster's technically have been abandoned by their "parents", but for some reason the reality of it didn't sink in with me
This is hilarious, and I am happy

Even in your example of a VA the person who played Susi played Penny in Inspector Gadget.

who do you think voices darth vader

I just love how well Ian rolls with it. He even finds it funny.

>That feel realizing Cree can't do the Penny voice anymore without sounding like every other sassy black girl character she voices

youtube.com/watch?v=Jad77nHSmbw