The superior Dan Harmon show

The superior Dan Harmon show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hJJilb6s8VY
youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o
kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/HarmonQuest-Season-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who goes and creates a cartoon and puts part of their name in the name of the show?

Steven Spielberg.

>not being a self-insert fag
pendleton ward put his name on Finn in the pilot

True but he's also the worst part of it.

no it isn't. Get people that know how to play dnd if you are going to do a dnd show

One thing that bothers me is how ALL the special guest stars he has on Rick and Morty and his podcasts all think the exact same as him or have the same underlying political beliefs. Patton Oswalt isnt even funny and he had him on recently. It says a lot about his character.

Also, this.

They do know how to play, they just ham it up and put on a show. An actual DnD show would be boring as fuck to watch unless they got incredible animation

The dude couldn't even make a marriage last 6 months. it's a safe bet he simply cannot agree to disagree and is the type that will hate your guts if you have a different way of seeing things and can articulate it well.

He believes 1/3rd the US is skin headed nazi's and believes we should have a civil war to kill them. I doubt he can handle anyone that even slightly holds a different belief than him.

I want to like it but the chick kills almost every scene. She always just goes to much and the DM in me wants to slap her.

Why do Liberals think they would win in a modern day civil war? That's even without the fact that the other side is incredibly gun friendly.

short answer is they don't think that far and like most with that level of brain damage just want to imagine the people they hate dying. Some people are just really broken and loveless so it leads to them dreaming of hurting everything that reminds them life will never be what they want.

fuck off, oswalt is a gem

An awful lot of people don't seem to find Critical Role or Acquisitions Inc. boring...

Is this because of the game theory episode?

no user he said some dumb shit on twitter so that means we're never allowed to like him ever again

No, I just finished watching episodes three and four of season two. What the fuck is game theory?
Thise are also for a very niche audience while this can be mass consumed

I don't know anything about that, he's just not funny

nobody should base any opinion on something somebody said on shitter

>while this can be mass consumed

Is Harmonquest even that well known?

>What the fuck is game theory?

A retarded college grad couldn't get a real job so he makes a youtube show about using circular logic to make video games seem deeper than anyone included the devs wanted. He gave the pope undertale

>A retarded college grad couldn't get a real job so he makes a youtube show about using circular logic to make video games seem deeper than anyone included the devs wanted

I mean to be fair that's a lot of people on YouTube.

The pope also blasted him for giving him a goddamn videogame. It was great.

>Thise are also for a very niche audience while this can be mass consumed

I feel like the niche audience of D&D players that read Penny Arcade and the niche audience of D&D players that subscribe to an anime streaming service are probably pretty similar sizes

I think dnd in general is pretty fucking cringey. At least when you have people who are fucking clueless out can be fun to watch their responses and overall reaction to what is going on.

What did he say? I wouldn't expect him to like the gift but I didn't think he'd say anything untoward

it is genuinely great.

"I'm chip!"
"I'm just wacthing all of this sexual tension between boneweevel and a dragon."

Interesting concept. But I don't find most of the the guest stars funny (most of them are either boring or annoying to me).

He basically said there are better ways of showing mercy and compassion then playing a videogame.

I guess it's really the whole video game thing where they want to sound like it's something big and meaningful but it's really just disposable media. You're not really doing anything. In fact you're doing less than nothing.

The half of guests are cringeawful and the other half are good. Overall I really, really enjoyed it anyways.

Imagine being the studio audience and having to sit through a session without the animation.

Granted, they do make good background noise but I can't sit and watch 5 people try hard to be funny.

And like a drug addict you get a lot of people that game that lose their shit when the light is cast on how wasteful hours on end it is to be playing games.

Really it just seems like most of these assholes are only desperate to prove that their hobby isn't a massive waste of time to people who don't care.

honestly the harmon quest series was fine until he went on a retarded rant about his self insert being gay

It's ok when the thing I like does it.

>cringeawful
Look, I know people like to throw around how tumblr and Sup Forums are basically the same but for fuck's sake man at least try not to bring down the average.

Laser Fart and this are the apex of Harmon's output:
youtube.com/watch?v=hJJilb6s8VY

>Sid Meier's Civilization I-VI

>i’m Just stating what the viewer can easily see is happening right now and that somehow makes it funny
Why not get someone to dangle keys in your face if you are so easily entertained?

As someone said before, the guests are hit and miss. But my main issue is how to watch it. I really don't want to pay to subscribe to a website just to watch just this series. It would be one thing if you could create a free account and they would let you watch it a week later but all but the first episode of season 2 is premium only.

It would be better without the guest stars, to be honest. Paul F. Tompkins was good, so was Gillian Jacobs.
Should just have stuck with the first guest from each season as a permanent fixture and only change them based on season, not from episode to episode.

And the format could have been longer, the breakneck pace and railroading makes the player actions inconsequential, they'll never fail or die. No tension.

Anyone else want to destroy Dan's ex? Sexually?

I think the guest stars are the best part since they always end up bringing something new to the table and it's fun to see their different approaches to tabletop gaming.

Best guest star was hands down Thomas Middleditch, though.

they play for 3 hours but cut it down to like 20 minutes
of course thats going to look like they put on a show

OFFICIAL GUEST STAR RANKINGS

>GOD TIER
Thomas Middleditch
John Hodgman
Gillian Jacobs

>GREAT TIER
Steven Agee
Aubrey Plaza
Kumail Nanjiani

>GOOD TIER
Matt Gourley

>MEH TIER
Chelsea Peretti
Ron Funches
Rhea Butcher
Nathan Fillion
Rory Scovel

Don't be autistic user, it's improv first and DnD second. The objective is to entertain as many people as possible as opposed to appealing to hardcore DnD autists who get off entirely on the concept of dies being rolled in unison.

>forgetting Paul F. Tompkins
Teflonto's ghost shakes his head at you in disgust.

Spencer, Jeff and the guest stars are the only reason I watch the show. Dan and Erin are more annoying than they are genuinely entertaining, although they both have their moments. Dan can be funny at times and even Erin has jokes that work like "No Diplomacy".

I cringe every time she does her Barbarian Rage Song though.

Ah shit, he was definitely in good tier.

>Barbarian Rage Song
At least she's consistent.

Any guest stars people want to see on the show?

I hope they can get in guys like Justin Roliand, Joel McHale, Danny Pudi and maybe some genuine DnD fans like Patton Oswalt in eventually.

>and maybe some genuine DnD fans like Patton Oswalt in eventually
Correct if I'm wrong, isn't Vin Diesel a big DnD fan or something. Or was it the Rock?

You're right, Vin Diesel is a well known celebrity DnD fan, but I wonder if he's too high-profile to ever appear on a show like this.

As opposed to reading comics and watching cartoons.

If by good tier, you mean you added an extra "o" to God tier.

>projecting my own gun fantasies on those who would dare to hint at taking away my ability to easily murder people.
Sure thing, bud.

>v>95761482
>Vin Diesel
>show like this
Critical Role is the normal name of the show.

That's not Great Minds.

Don't forget about HarmonTown

Why is he inviting a bunch of C-list actors and literally who's instead of real stars or people who have a genuine interest in the game?

Doesn't Harmon have any friends who don't just put up with him because they're in the shows he directed?

Wasn't that Harmon's ex wife or whatever? Maybe she won't be back for...

When is season 2 coming out? They said it would be out in August like last year.

daily reminder Chip died for your sins

Why would most real stars appear on a small, low production value show about tabletop gaming.

Here to go buddy

Fugg
kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/HarmonQuest-Season-2

The first three seasons of Community is the superior Harmon show.

Dan 'ME!' Harmon

He was great before he got married, but if you actually still like him today then Sup Forumsmblr really is real.

How long until Harmon harmons it up like he does everything else he creates
>starts with good idea
>it's good and clever
>it gets popular
>Harmon can't handle praise so he self-destructs

Married to which wife? Dead wife or dead wife replacement?

Dead wife. You can pretty much see the dropoff in his standup between 2004 and 2007.

Do you intentionally surround yourself with people who you disagree with on a fundamental level?

Just watched the newest episode. Paul Scheer is definitely one of the best guests they've had. He's so eager about participating and keeping the plot going.

You make it sound as if people who disagree with you on some political point are inherently disgusting.

No I don't, I'm just questioning why anyone would actively try to befriend people who they don't see eye to eye with. How many times have you made a sincere to make friends with someone you disagreed on things with?

Most of the time you become friends with someone and then learn about the nitty gritty details of their political beliefs.

Usually people with significantly differing political beliefs tend to behave in different enough ways that they don't really gravitate towards one another regardless. I'm sure Dan's friends all disagree with him on certain topics, but you also have to take into consideration the fact that Hollywood has a very liberal slant anyway. You're more likely to find leftists than right-wingers regardless.

The YouTube community shot their load with this idea for Geek and Sundry. This is the "extended version."

Never listen to the first...400 episodes of the Podcast then.

You'll develop the need to do stiff shots anytime you hear "I shoot/fire TWO ARROWS..."

This originated under Chris Hardwick's comic book lair before he married off his adopted adult sons and got the hot wife.

I want to wreck that redhead. Please tell me it's not just me.