Looking at these side by side, can we finally admit the nolan suit fucking sucked?

Looking at these side by side, can we finally admit the nolan suit fucking sucked?

>in4 "muh turning neck"

>anus mouth tacticool ninja vs NOT YOUR GRANDPAPPY'S FETISH VIGILANTE

Yes. Big Daddy Bats is hot. Shitty twink Bat is garbage.

left is actually toyetic. right is ugly as sin and an insult to everyone with eyes

>right is ugly as sin and an insult to everyone with eyes
Oh, finally someone with taste on this board. I thought I'm the only one who thinks it looks like a bunch of plastic garbage bags slapped together.

It looked good at the time

yeah, cheap padded foam armor from a halloween store with a cape and a weird looking batman ask attached is so much better
that never has been a good excuse.
Tim Burton's suit looked better 20 years earlier for fucks sake

I like both.

Ben's head doesnt fit the rest of the body. He looks like a white Dave Chappelle.
Also
>No ears
>No neck
>Fugly symbol (but its from Frank Millar's epi- it's still fucking ugly)

The right looks like it squeaks when he moves

In that kind of flat lighting the Nolan one looks a lot like it's made from plastic but in a darker light it looks just fine.

The Affleck one is alright too, I'm not sure if I like his build, he's a bit too bulky for me, he doesn't seem like he'd be able to move very quick but the costume itself is pretty great.

The silhpoutte of the Begins suit is fucking perfect IMO. Such a beautiful, angular shape straight from the comics...It's only ruined by looking like weird armor. That and arguably the mouth-hole's shape.

>it's always either/or on Sup Forums because god forbids someone dislikes both
This is why I hate you fucktards.

Someone did a grey and black recolor of the TDK suit with lenses which improved it 10x

I didn't know this was a debate. Of course the costume was the weakest part of the Nolan Batman films.

If you added a new helmet on bale and maybe a new colored in symbol it could be great.

The bat on the right should be in movies.

I really don't care about the suits, I hardly notice the difference between them. I think it's weird how people obsess about this stuff.

It's the actors I notice.

No, that was fight choregraphy.

In some shots it looks fucking terrible.

It looks like Affleck is obese half the time.

I doubt he can even bend over

I think it's because the neck guard stops a bit below his chin which pushes the fat there forward, making him look really fat in some shots.

There also appears to be an outrageous amount of padding on the suit.

>yeah, cheap padded foam armor from a halloween store with a cape and a weird looking batman ask attached is so much better
yes

Admit it Sup Forums, neck articulation aside, Burton's Batman STILL has the best looking costume.

Batman as a whole was the worst part of the movies.

Even Bruce was better.

>I hardly notice the difference between two suits that look nothing alike
Seek an eye doctor.

Burton's works best with his aesthetics. Like, it wouldn't work in Nolan or Snyder's works.

>I think it's because the neck guard stops a bit below his chin which pushes the fat there forward, making him look really fat in some shots.

It's The Phantom all over again, where they got Billy Zane at his peak attractiveness and gave him in a suit that smoothed away his muscles and pinches his cheeks into looking like a big fat baby.

Like, Ban Affleck is absurdly ripped now. He looked like a fucking golem in Live By Night, they basically had to stuff him into Talking Heads David Byrne white suits in every scene and he still barely fit. Yet Snyder managed to make him look like an angry baby dumpling.

The Nolanverse cowl was kinda too round for my liking, and sometimes you couldn't see his eyes just the light shining off them

Shit was spoopy y'all

I'm partial to Nolan's suit, but mostly because I like the way it looks in Arkham Knight (the 2016 suit looks like shit in this game).

>Like, Ban Affleck is absurdly ripped now. He looked like a fucking golem in Live By Night, they basically had to stuff him into Talking Heads David Byrne white suits in every scene and he still barely fit. Yet Snyder managed to make him look like an angry baby dumpling.
That's the issue with trying to imitate the skin-tight muscle suits in comics. Clothes just doesn't work in real life the same way it does on paper.

The only real way to show off a muscular actor is by showing actual skin. That, or do unusual CGI to pain the muscles back on the clothes.

There is a reason the helicopter scene in Civil War had wardrobe issues when the costume department gave Chris Evans a full-sleeve shirt. The director quickly had him changed into short sleeves, because the whole point of the shot was to show muscles.

Seek a psychologist for your autism. They're black suits. I don't give a fuck beyond that.

It's kind of like Godzilla 1998 vs 2014

Tacticool grounded details but then you lose some classic essence (armor too prominent and the chest bat is hardly there) vs a more or less straight translation but then it looks too chunky (because Miller doesn't draw realistic proportions)

>That's the issue with trying to imitate the skin-tight muscle suits in comics. Clothes just doesn't work in real life the same way it does on paper.

Oh, I'm not expecting the outfits to be skin-tight, but the Batfleck mask looked awful to the point that it impacted the drama of the storytelling.

Between that, Cavill's Licorice armor suit and Wondy's costume being browned to the point of having almost no color, it was bad for costumes all around.

I'm still kind of partial to the Panther suit from Forever. I mean, nipples aside it still looks really sleek and cool.

>left looks like Batman
>right looks like Hulk in a makeshift hobo Batman costume

left looks like he could out maneuver me in a fight. right looks like i could stand behind him and easily win

The lines aren’t doing it any favors, but neither does the Nolan suit. It’s the epitome of tactical, and it doesn’t even protect Batman from motherfucking dogs.

The Nolan suit reminds me of Injustice, so that's reason enough for me to not like it.

I kinda get what they were going for with the nipples. They wanted to make him seem more like a man. Sort of like a Satry or mer-man but with the animal part on top. I think it'd work better with Batman Beyond since his mouth is covered up and the cape is replaced with wings.

Left looks like black Iron Man

Batman Forever had a really coollook and Schumacher had a good eye for aesthetics, he went too decadent on Batman and Robin, but I feel like if we only got Batman Forever and never got B&R we'd look back on that movie more fondly. One of those cases of the sequels hurting the predecessor's reputation.

And yeah, that panther suit is slick, Kilmer really had the jawline for it.

The texture of the Affleck suit is fucking horrible and unnecessary. It's close, though.

I guess it's supposed to be a translation of a cloth suit. But people kept saying it was kevlar. It's an admirable attempt. It's the right amount of detail.They did the same with the Green Lantern 2011 suit and Superman Returns suit.

Both movies still sucked horribly

>yeah, cheap padded foam armor from a halloween store
That's what fucking aramid looks like you moron.

Aye. I really think smooth texture suits look awful in live action. In comics or cartoons they're fine, but live action needs visual "noise" to keep the look of things cohesive. It looks very off when you slap a solid, smooth color over a live-action set and background. It's too visually separated.

While you could argue that Burton's Batman was fairly smooth, I'd say that in doing so it was still keeping up with Burton's cartoonist and wild interpretation of Gotham City. It's all about keeping the tone consistent.

The Nolan films are over-rated as Batman films. And even allowing for comic book logic, the last film was just irredeemably stupid and it, like the second film, were barely Batman films at all.

And Batfleck's suit was probably just one part of a portrayal that's more regrettable than not, video game warehouse action sequence notwithstanding (and acknowledging that any number of the bad guys with guns had zillions of chances to blow a huge skull in Batfleck's skull from minute one of that scene and it's otherwise illogical and nonsensical, albeit entertaining, flow/choreography).

Begins suit>all batsuits

It's fine for what it was.

That was Bale's acting. Like George Clooney before him he was an okay Bruce Wayne but an unforgivably bad Batman

Since visuals-wise it's pretty realistic-looking, why can't we have something like Arkham Asylum game batsuit? It was fantastic. Definitely blows all of movie suits out of the water.
>inb4 BvS
It looked like shit.

I don't like Snyder's batman. Nolan's just need another belt and the shape of the helm maybe.

Guess what guys. It don't matter. You all will die and this debate won't have any benefit or make a change in your life

How does he turn his head?

If the Affleck one did not look like a complete clusterfuck of pieces hotglued together in any random pattern it would not be as horrible.

I get costumes need texture for film, but the seam lines are fucking everywhere on that thing. It does not look like there was some genuine effort put into it from an autistic billionaire. It looks more like something haphazardly stitched together by a psycho.

Yea, I get that it was before everything on earth became Tacticool. It existed before we were burned out on the whole concept

is this a joke? not as bad as Clooney, but the suit and cowl especially looks fucking comical.

The only real problem I have with the Nolan suit is that Bale just doesn't have the chin for Batman.

Afleck's suit is just ridiculously bulky. He looks about as agile as a hulkbuster armor.

Best Batsuit coming through.

It looks like a movie depiction of 80's Batman almost perfectly

one looks like an armored vigilante with the best tools and skills that money can buy.

the other looks like a lunatic who dresses up like a bat and beats up criminals with his bare hands. ...gloved hands.

which do you prefer? because its not like this is an apples to apples argument. the two costumes follow two radically different philosophies as to what Batman should be. personally, I like Armorbats. criminals are not nice people, but they are resourceful. it only makes sense to look like a walking tank. look at actual SWAT operatives. what do they wear? that's what Batman should wear.

but, if you want the movies to look exactly like the comic books, then you will hate this look. personally, Batman's costume was always the weakest part of the comics, for me.

Left looks complete shit, right looks like Batman

>and acknowledging that any number of the bad guys with guns had zillions of chances to blow a huge skull in Batfleck's skull from minute one of that scene
No they shot him in the head point blank.
He has armor under the cowl.

Bales legs are made of delicious pan dulce.

It’s garbage but normies ate that shit up.

Easily the best batsuit.

looks fucking amazing to my eyes

I liked it, fuck you. I thought it was a cool variation of the design.

lol

>195 pounds
>Twink

Batfleck turns his neck just fine anyways

Indeed, also it's all black, much better for those merrily night rounds of his.

>that perfect bland of classic/technological

I ended up loving the Arkham Knight suit.

Indeed.

Lot of shit that was wrong with batman v superman. Batman fight at the end wasn't one of them. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

I really like that kind of design style but not really for Batman. I think there's a line between "vigilante with cool gadgets" and "Iron Man" and Arkham Knight crosses it.

>what gives you the right >what makes you different than me?

Nah, it looked great.