November is just around the corner, boys

November is just around the corner, boys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nAy4PVwJfGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You'll rip October from my COLD, DEAD HANDS!

>Very interesting, especially that part about whores

>Waiting for this
The state of dcfags

God forbid people are excited for anything ever in their lives

go back to your bo duke dolls, Johns

Sup Forums is so mad that their sacred cow is being milked.

I'm actually sad at the state of mainstream comics. Not because I would think they're above this, but because most fans even seem excited about this shit. There's no hope of any significant change on sight.

It feels like a big change to me.

What's the change? Shoving outside characters into the main continuity? Wow, Johns is a real visionary!

What do I need to read prior

You note that alan moore's name ain't on that cover?
Means it sucks.

>Starting new job at the end of the month
>Lab in flyover state with not LCS
Guess it's time to go digital

Big characters who have never been outside their own story. Feels big to me.

>thinking the Watchmen characters will stay in continuity
Wew

Seems like this will be an explanation why comics throughout the 2000s got darker and darker, and more recently why the New52 happened let alone sucked.
>After Watchmen comics got darker.
Also seems like after the explanation they'd like to return to more generally optimistic and less serialized stories- like the one-offs of yore.

>this stupid argument again

no one is mad about that you dumbass, the problem is that a talentless writer is behind and that is just a gimmick mandated by WB.

No one would be mad if Gaiman were the writer.

what releases are you excited for, user?

>>After Watchmen comics got darker.

I really hate this meme, but at least the number of casuals believing this explains why so many idiots actually believe this shitfest will be good.

>implying a shitposter like that could ever get excited by cape comics

You know nothing about the story. Would you have derailed the "hype" threads for watchmen with

>I'm actually sad at the state of mainstream comics. Not because I would think they're above this, but because most fans even seem excited about this shit.

Just because the dude was knocking off old characters?

Fuck you user. I'm sick of you smarmy faggots. Why even come to this thread? I don't go to the plethora of cartoon threads to tell the faggots how bad cartoons are now compared to 20 years ago.

I didn't specify cape comics. I assume he's an indiefag with an attitude like that. But I'm not stuck in my assumption.

I just find it a bit silly to come to a thread about a specific book to talk shit, not about the book, but about those who are excited to read it. Especially when they don't even provide an alternative.

youtube.com/watch?v=nAy4PVwJfGg

Is anyone going to New York Comic-Con ?

We know why the comics got darker, and the people who made that are the ones doing this shit all over again. It's not because of Watchmen.

>Also seems like after the explanation they'd like to return to more generally optimistic and less serialized stories- like the one-offs of yore.
You said as if this is a good thing. Regression hardly is. And it's also pretty sad that you guys actually buy that shit. How different has Rebirth been, honestly? The comics are still mediocre or downright shit with the exception here and there, just like before.

>I just find it a bit silly to come to a thread about a specific book to talk shit, not about the book, but about those who are excited to read it. Especially when they don't even provide an alternative.

>The state of Sup Forums shitposters

I completely agree with you.

You're a fucking retard if you think this shit is the same as Watchmen.

So I'm hearing Rorsharch survives or something and we're getting a Tom king series?

>How different has Rebirth been, honestly? The comics are still mediocre or downright shit with the exception here and there, just like before.

You could say that about any period of cape comics, really, it's a matter of taste.

For me, the appeal of Rebirth comes from acknowledging a lot more of the Pre-Flashpoint continuity than N52 did. And not just references here and there from single characters, but there is a whole overreaching arc about this, involving the whole DCU. The fact that they are using Dr. Manhattan to explain it only makes it more interesting.

So basically, it's pure nostalgia.

I know there were a lot of people out there who disliked N52 for what it did to the history of these characters. Their legacy. And now Rebirth feels like DC saying "You know what, OK, we will acknowledge all of those stories you read as a kid, and build a mystery around them, while still keeping the continuity in modern times. Also, we're throwing Watchmen in the mix too."

Pure fucking pandering, and I dig it.

As far as the actual stories go, I like most of them so far (though not all).

Again, attacking a poster instead of the post.

Prove that. What's different? Using characters one didn't create, who didn't share a history, to tell a story. Seems pretty damn simple to me.

Anything you would use to justify that statement will rely on the content of watchmen or the respective bibliographies of the writers. Because you know as much as I do about Doomsday Clock until the panel at NYCC.

It's more like because this seems creatively bankrupt and stupid

>but about those who are excited to read it.
you guys have literally no reason to be exited about this either:

You are either a shill (there's no way, since Sup Forums is irrelevant, probably the media board with less shills in all of Sup Forums) or this is your first event, you are clearly a casual. He shits in you just as anyone shits on people exited over the new fast and furious movie.

user, I assume you hate Superman right now and think it's shit. But you have to realize, you're wrong. You just don't like it. Which is fine. But it isn't "shit". Like much of Rebirth.

The people who dislike it use generalized buzzwords like "regressed" or "shit" and can't explain why. Why is it a regression? Because it's a more innocently themed narrative like earlier comics but with the decompressed nature of newer ones? Or is the decompression what you dislike?

You fucking people never get specific. It's just smarmy faggot memes like "it's just shit and pandering and retards like it."

Just because I think Metal is retarded and for fools doesn't mean I can claim that as fact.

You know what, I usually don't do the grammar and spelling nazi thing on Sup Forums but, don't act fucking superior if you can't form thoughts properly you stupid fuck.

Sup Forums isn't too small for shills. I'm not one of them. I've literally shit on Doomsday Clock pretty hard because I think Johns is using it to make this his "lambaste Trump moment" like Moore shat on Nixon. But the Moorefags who spew his tired spiels about "laziness and regression have literally no fucking foot to stand on. The man stole almost every single one of his "creations" in his entire career.

That fact that you people (and his interviews) make me hate him angers me. Especially because I love almost everything he's ever written.

>Sup Forums isn't too small for shills

Sup Forums is you dumbass.

We disagree.

I see you would prefer to talk about that rather than Moore. So I have nothing more to say to you.

>The fact that they are using Dr. Manhattan to explain it only makes it more interesting.

They are using manhattan after some jew ordered johns to put the watchmen characters in continuity.

That's it, this is as organic as civil war 2.

Considering that you're a Moore shill I have to say that's false.

Doomsday Clock is "The godfather vs fast and furious" directed by micheal bay and starring adam sandler.

Who is defending moore?

>Just because I think Metal is retarded and for fools doesn't mean I can claim that as fact.

Yes it does.

>They are using manhattan after some jew ordered johns to put the watchmen characters in continuity.
>That's it, this is as organic as civil war 2.

I don't give a shit who ordered it or why. All I care about is whether it's interesting / entertaining. Here's the premise:

>Remember how in N52, after Flashpoint, suddenly all characters where young and almost at the beginning of their careers? And how so much history was erased? Welp, it was actually because of this interdimensional being messing around with the timeline as a sort of experiment. He is Dr. Manhattan, from Watchmen. Want to find out why? Read on.

The rest of the individual stories coming out of that, you either like them or you don't. But the premise is interesting enough.

Except you could had done the same shit with krona, time traper, monarch, parallax( the real deal, not johns bullshit), captain atom, captain Adam.

The only reason manhattan is here is that it's a gimmick, and the only reason you find the story interesting is a gimmick.

First sensible goddamn person in this thread. Remember this when Johns tells you how personal a story about this is. It's brand extension based on a very popular and successful book in a way that undermines the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of that book. There's plenty of analogues or, y'know, the actual Earth-3 Charlton characters who could have fit this plot without WRECKING WATCHMEN.

They didn't wreck it and that statment colors your response properly for what it is. A salty Moorefag.

And Moore could have written Lost Girls with OCs, right?

The whole fucking point? Didn't Alan Moore make Manhattan say nothing ever ends at the end of the book? Seems to me that you're just full of shit.

And that's why people isnt against a good watchmen sequel by a good creative team.
but this isnt a sequel, this isnt a good use of the resources, this is a gimmick and nothing more.
This is no different than donnie darko 2

in november, the cereal lord will make Sup Forums scream rape

>Except you could had done the same shit with krona, time traper, monarch, parallax( the real deal, not johns bullshit), captain atom, captain Adam.

But of course they could have, and it could have been just as interesting from a story standpoint. But they needed to attract attention. More than they would have with those characters you mentioned. And so:

>The only reason manhattan is here is that it's a gimmick, and the only reason you find the story interesting is a gimmick.

Yes, Manhattan is a gimmick, but the story is interesting no matter which powerful character you use. Personally, I would have loved the original Parallax (who is, by the way, still running around somewhere in-universe). But Dr. Manhattan is as interesting as any of them, perhaps even more so given what Watchmen represented at the time, in a meta level.

DC may be shitting on Moore to get sales, but thematically, I think it works a lot more than N52 did.

>who is, by the way, still running around somewhere in-universe

He isnt, it's just johns's parallax, it's the fearbug from the past.

>perhaps even more so given what Watchmen represented at the time, in a meta level.

And what it's that? I hope you are not buying into the "grim stuff comes from watchmen" bullshot johns is selling

>But they needed to attract attention

You still dont get it, it's not that Johns had a story and then he came out with the idea of using Manhattan to "attract attention", it's that WB told Geoff to make a story around Manhattan, all the things they say in interviews are PR stunts, all the "meta" is a bad joke.

>it's that WB told Geoff to make a story around Manhattan

proof?

>He isnt, it's just johns's parallax, it's the fearbug from the past.

That's never going away. But at least in Convergence and GL his motivations where more in tune with the original version (wanting to make things right - his way).

>And what it's that? I hope you are not buying into the "grim stuff comes from watchmen" bullshot johns is selling

Grim stuff does not come from Watchmen ONLY, but you cannot deny the impact it had on the medium, and the recognition it gets, not only among comic fans, but outsiders as well. DC is taking advantage of that.

I mean, to a general audience, what do you think sounds more familiar? Captain Atom or Watchmen? Time Trapper or Watchmen?

My point is that they can use any gimmicks they like as long as the story is good. It doesn't need to be groundbreaking or game-changing. And it most likely won't be.

they did that all the 67% of their characters werent DC originals

>You still dont get it, it's not that Johns had a story and then he came out with the idea of using Manhattan to "attract attention", it's that WB told Geoff to make a story around Manhattan, all the things they say in interviews are PR stunts, all the "meta" is a bad joke.

I get it just fine, and even though you're talking out of your ass, it does seem likely this is a corporate push.

Which doesn't change the fact that it's appealing as fuck, and if you cannot enjoy cape comics because of the not-so-innocent motivations behind them, then get the fuck out of this DC Hype thread.

When the story comes out, if your 12th grade ethics allow you to read it, then we can have a conversation about whether it's good, fun, or complete shit.

>How did some random Alt right fan fiction get into the batcave

Then why is it owned by DC? If it was meant to be it's own thing then it wouldn't be DC property.

>but you cannot deny the impact it had on the medium

Sure it did. But not the impact you are pretending it had. Watchmen didnt influenced legends, invasion or war of the gods, it didnt influence X-force, Wolverine or Spawn. It didnt influence Ultimates, The authority or Old man Logan. Aside from Identity Crisis not a single dc event was influenced by watchmen.
Watchmen and TDKR legacy consist of Sandman, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, etc The meta mesaage of this shit was fabricated, it's not real and johns knows it.

>My point is that they can use any gimmicks they like as long as the story is good

The story won't be good, or you are forgeting about his justice league?

>What the fuck? Who reports people because they're gay?

I'm not sure if more interested in Doomsday Clock or the ass hurt it will generate.

Rebirth is for retards though

>No one would be mad if Gaiman were the writer
Yes they would because Gaiman is a condescending prick

>That's never going away. But at least in Convergence and GL his motivations where more in tune with the original version (wanting to make things right - his way).

Then is not the original parallax.

What are you trying to say?

>The story won't be good, or you are forgeting about his justice league?

Ugh. Fine. But I liked Infinite Crisis. And if you think that's shit, then ok, we have different tastes.

I'll remain hopeful.

>But I liked Infinite Crisis

It was 11 years ago.

Was Bendis a genius too for putting Sentry into the MCU?

>11 years ago.

There is no future. There is no past. Do you see? Time is simultaneous, an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole design is visible in every facet.

:^)

>without WRECKING WATCHMEN.

It doesn't do that. You can just ignore Doomsday clock and not be so menstrual about continuity

It's about how it's handled and written, not what happens.

Wait, do you think that Manhattan saying "nothing ever ends" means the comic was supposed to get sequels/prequels?

>And Moore could have written Lost Girls with OCs, right?
If you can't tell the difference between the use of public domain characters that are have a considerable weight within Western culture and a corporation milking a brand without any care for creativity or artistry (not to mention all the behind the scenes stuff about Watchmen's ownership), only for profit, then I guess Johns is your guy after all.

>without WRECKING WATCHMEN

Let's be honest, this doesn't ruin Watchmen at all. My problem with this is that it's nothing but a cynical cashgrab from a shit writer that is the epitome of the industry's auto-cannibalizing absolute lack of imagination, creativity and integrity.

>Watchmen is Earth-W now

>I hate it because the nature of the comic book market, which I love, is doing what the comic book market always does!
Wow. Fuck off.

Yes user, keep defending jew tactics and tactics that make capeshit even worse

november is best month

prove me wrong

Rosarch should never come back. If he does then DC will make him less conservative or turn him into a crazy Trump analogy.

trump got elected in november

>If he does then DC will make him less conservative or turn him into a crazy Trump analogy.

>implaying Johns knows anything about politics.

this

yes, and?

Reminder that Rebirth is stale and this Watchmen crossover is the worst idea in comics since the 90s

Reminder that Blue Lanterns are going to be relavant again and either Superman or Manhattan will become the new power battery entity. Putting my money on Manhattan becoming the Blue's new entity if Clark becomes a Blue again.

It's trying to fight comic tradition that makes it shit. Marvel wouldn't be nearly as bad right now if they just gave their fans what they want.

REPORTED

>If you can't tell the difference between the use of public domain characters that are have a considerable weight within Western culture and a corporation milking a brand without any care for creativity or artistry (not to mention all the behind the scenes stuff about Watchmen's ownership), only for profit, then I guess Johns is your guy after all.

And if you're the type of cunt who says shit like this you're a salty moorefag who needs to grow up and recognize the fat faggot doesn't care about you.

There is no difference. Just as there is no difference in doing it for League. Just as there is no difference in doing it for Neonomicon or Providence (the courtyard was more of an homage). And just as, ESPECIALLY, there is no difference in Watchmen.

It's all theft. And if Doomsday Clock and Rebirth is creatively bankrupt for using Watchmen, almost all of what Moore has ever written is creatively bankrupt.

>It's trying to fight comic tradition that makes it shit.

How can anyone have that opinion? What kind of mindless moron thinks like that? Comics are shit because dumb talentless writers continue to live out of gimmicks.
>entities shit

SOMETHING big is going to happen with the blues. I just don't know what.

>Essential Button reading list
>No Watchmen
FIX IT

>SOMETHING big is going to happen with the blues

Remember when something big was going to happen to the CSA? or the krypto fight with red cat? or the plans for the doom patrol and the metal men? or Cold's big plan?

>talentless writer

>the fat faggot doesn't care about you
Have you seen him interacting with his fans? He's actually a very nice guy, you're just a superhero faggot that got butthurt for what he said.

And there is a massive difference. The characters that Moore uses are out there for anyone else to use and do whatever the fuck they want. That's not the case with Watchmen. These are editorial mandated things that are nothing but cashgrabs with absolutely no artistic merit, integrity nor intent.
If somebody were to create a Watchmen pastiche to satirize/parody Watchmen, neither Moore nor anyone else would give two shits.

And Moore has written many things that don't use pre-existing fictional characters and they're great as well. Have you read his ABC comics, From Hell, Future Shocks, Halo Jones, etc? Not to mention his non-comic book work.

On the other hand, what about Geoff Johns?
He only co-wrote 2 comics that didn't belong to a pre-existing franchise. He even wrote Tom Strong, for fucks sake.

>>implaying Johns knows anything about politics.
He already implied this comic was somewhat related to the current social climate in America or something along those lines.

Are you fucking stupid or something? First off, there's a lot of comics out there. I'm not even American, so superheroes are just another genre of comics to me.
Second, there were times when the superhero industry found creative ways to reinvent themselves that actually had some artistic merit to it, like what happened in the late 80s/early 90s. This is pure shit and shows they don't give a shit beyond releasing a cheap cashgrab event every year to get high sales for a couple of months and then go back to the usual shit.

Marvel has been kicking me in the nuts with events for years. DC has been releasing quality content for the last year or so. Rebirth is great, and Metal is super fun. You better bet your ass that I am excited for John's Clock.

>DC has been releasing quality content for the last year or so
Such as?

>DC has been releasing quality content for the last year
Very few comics had been good, most is either decent or mediocre

>Rebirth is great
Vertigo in the early 90s was "great". You are shit taste if you believe rebirth has been great.

>and Metal is super fun.
Can't argue, i get why so many people find it fun.

>[Spoiler?]
>That's not the case with Watchmen.
It literally is. Actually 'literally', not the meme meaning of the word. And that's the fucking point. Watchmen, League, Girls, Providence and neonomicon all rely on other shit. That's their gimmick: Making a statement about shit everyone knows.It does not fucking matter in a creative sense that I can write a story where all the characters of Moore's books have an orgy as a metatextual statement about his faggot ass fans fellating him. It's actually completely beside the point. And the fact that you resort to "they're public domain" as a defense for something being creatively bankrupt (when the point being made is that neither is creatively bankrupt) while shitting on Johns for using something he has a more concrete legal right to is fucking bullshit. It displays, clearly, the level of mental gymnastics you pieces of shit practice in order to defend the same claims you lob at anyone that dare mention him.

And as I've stated above, I generally like his stories and am at most apathetic to him (really I kinda like the dude), but his interviews and fans, particularly ones like you, fucking anger me because you make me dislike him. For literally no other reason that you have to cynically attack anyone who isn't Alan Moore and doesn't stop writing stories because he wrote the only good ones.

Go start a fucking blog to suckle the man's scrotum hairs. Every fucking rebirth thread is full of you cynical fucks whining, using the same fucking phrases and buzzwords you've heard him use in interview after interview on Youtube in between the Jaws clip of America being shit.

Nobody is ruining watchmen. even if doomsday clock sucks it wont ruin it. even if my hype for Doomsday Clock plummets more and more with every announcement and interview they've done about it, for reasons I've shared in this thread and many before.

is there no remedy to keep you shit stains from shtting up every thread?

>Rebirth is great

>while shitting on Johns for using something he has a more concrete legal right to is fucking bullshit. It displays, clearly, the level of mental gymnastics
I see someone else doing mental gymnastics here.

And again, you're bringing this shit down to Alan Moore, which it isn't really my point. My point is how shit the superhero comics are that they have to do a fucking Watchmen crossover just to sell a few thousand comics. You're the one who keeps bringing up Moore over and over again. You don't seem really apathethic at all in your comments that are nothing but vitriol against him and no justification for your interest for this comic beyond "FUCK ALAN MOORE".

You're the kind of piece of shit reader that has made American comics suck as bad as they do now.

And seriously, if you can't see how what Moore does is entirely different than what DC and Johns are doing here you're a retard. You can not like Moore's comics, that's just a matter of opinion. But trying to justify the shitty dealings and regressive mentality of a corporation that's only pulling a gimmick to get your bucks is just fucking stupid.

I can't wait for Doomsday Clock to be as mediocre as any other Johns comic so guys like you get what they deserve.

Keep celebrating corporate mediocrity just to shit on a guy who you don't like 'cause he said something mean about your favorite fictional character.

>I see someone else doing mental gymnastics here.
explain.

>My point is how shit the superhero comics are that they have to do a fucking Watchmen crossover just to sell a few thousand comics
And my point was that Moore is just as bankrupt for the same reason then. Not that either of them are, just that by that logic Moore is the same.

>And seriously, if you can't see how what Moore does is entirely different than what DC and Johns are doing here you're a retard
Since you've said it twice and can't explain it I'll assume you have nothing to prove this.

>You can not like Moore's comics
I love them, you would know this if you read any of my replies.

>But trying to justify the shitty dealings and regressive mentality of a corporation that's only pulling a gimmick to get your bucks is just fucking stupid.

These are all your opinions. You clearly seem to think Moore is entitled to these characters. he isn't and never was. and it's besides the point in a creative conversation.

Just because you don't like that DC is using them doesn't make it any different than what Moore did. More and more we attack each other, but truthfully, I do feel I've at least explained my points. You simply seem to be attack me, Johns, and american comics. Really you seem to be attacking anything that isn't Alan Moore.