Why y'all want SU to be motorcity? just go watch motorcity then

why y'all want SU to be motorcity? just go watch motorcity then.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/robo_friend/status/915327571134476288
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't take you seriously because your voice is too sexy.

But... Why would you do that? Steven Universe IS shit.

Stop shilling your shitty videos here.

>y'all
Kill yourself immediately.

>making rebuttals for videos of nerds venting on the Internet

Just shut up and watch whatever show you like.

You don't understand, the YouTube animation community has a persecution fetish, as if the creators owe them something, and you could say that people on here are the same but at least we all have the common decency to not shill our garbage in an attempt to become internet famous

Try not to be all 'SU really is great' etc etc because it just looks like you're trying to cover your ass. Just go for maybe one 'OK i like it but it has flaws' in the beginning to get the message across. You really need to stand your ground and not beat around the bush.

>why y'all want SU to be like a good show?
gee i dont fucking know

Reported and saged for advertising

Will you do voice work for me

cute voice
video is also good

Maybe try to criticize the show without throwing around that the creators are "lazy" and "don't put in effort"?

Just because they made creative choices you don't like doesn't mean you have to be a bitch about it personally.

That's the biggest problem with your video. You act like the creators of SU are trying to make Motorcity and failing instead of just accepting that they made a show that's not to your specific taste.

Motorcity is not that great. It's all style, but little substance. It has some inventive animation and visuals, but the characterization and plot are empty.

>40 minute video of something I probably already figured and have constantly discussed on Sup Forums
Nah, I don't need 40 minutes to understand the show has shit pacing and inconsistent art and writing.

What I'm surprised is people took this long to figure out something that was very apparent from its first season and only got increasingly worse in the second.

>creative choices

Proof or GTFO

You're dumb. The criticisms about the creator's being lazy are replies to issues with the show that could be avoided if they put in the effort, but with the character designs being as inconsistent as they are, it is clear that the animation team is lazy.

Is "The artist/writers just fucking bad at their job" a better criticism?

Your video was the most interesting thing I've ever watched featuring Steven Universe

Also your voice is cute

I have no critiques off the top of my head, but I will say that you are improving significantly.

Keep up the good work!

this

How hard is it to understand that the situationally inconsistent sizes of the characters is nothing more than a creative choice that you personally don't like?

Are you truly too dumb to understand that someone can have different artistic taste than you?

how come all youtubers do now is talk over shit. you have oodles and oodles of spare time and you just spend time talking over shit

why don't you fuckers make something? MAKE SOMETHING

to be fair, she is working on a comic

So like Steven Universe with good visuals.

But you're making the assumption that the crew WANTS the models to be consistent.

The crew is on tape several times saying they don't care.

Enter is trying. Do you...really want people to do what Enter is trying to do?

twitter.com/robo_friend/status/915327571134476288

Because it's a very poor and ugly creative choice that only takes away from the entertainment. Maybe if all the storyboarder who want to do their own "unique thing" did it in a way where they actually come of as unique and good looking but it never does.

It's amateurish to the point of looking ugly but just samey enough where it doesn't so much look like a unique "artistic choice" as much as it looks like the artist just plain fucked up. Look at these two pictures and tell me even with the knowledge of "artistic freedom" it in anyway looks good.

You're trying to make the show sound like its Space Dandy, which did the whole "every artist did their own style" beautifully but the fact is the artist in SU are just plain bad.

Yeah, and usually people who "don't care" are people who are lazy and don't want to put in the effort for work.

>Because it's a very poor and ugly creative choice that only takes away from the entertainment.

Again, you are free to have that opinion, but it's just your artistic opinion, not a fact.

The crew doesn't want the models to be consistent, and they aren't. Sounds like they're very successful.

I just hope your expecting all of the shit coming towards you.

Sup Forums is only good for waifu/husbando threads and /pol bait but fuck it I'll play Devil's Advocate.

Here's a rebuttal which I'm going to call: "The Rick and Morty Rebuttal". Have you considered that a large part of the disappointment you feel from the show is due to preconceived expectations you gave it rather then what the artists actually intended? Rubecca Sugar herself many times have said the show was never meant to have a central villain or be plot heavy. from the start she said it's main focus was on Steven and his interaction with the Gems, no more or less.

Do you think it's fair to complain over promises which the writers never even promised?

Wow. You do realize what happens when people don't keep to the same proportions for their characters right? It's a technical problem that could play into issues with fight scenes, buildings, and even plot points with characters not fitting into something etc etc

This isn't an art film or a metaphorical trip into something that's incorporeal. It's a show that's trying to be anally consistant/realistic given the context of its world. The only time when proportions really don't matter are in situations like Garnet's flashback where it's supposed to be so stylized that the rules of the world don't apply.

>implying the shit isn't already here

They don't care about consistent character models but YOU do care.

So just go watch Fairly Oddparents or something

I would call SU a lot of things, but it really isn't shallow. It's incredibly messy and uneven in how it handles the overall story and the character arcs, but at least they're present.

Can you read the thread along with whatever you get on your stream itself? I don't feel like logging into Youtube for this when you come to us for wisdom.

Sup Forums seems to mostly agree with you.

I'll let you decide how to interpret that.

>Sounds like they're very successful.

Just because a person's popular doesn't make them right.

you FUCKER YOU GOT MY HOPES UP I THOUGHT STEVEN UNIVERSE WAS BACK.

FUCK I HAVE BEEN DEPRAVED OF MY GAY SPACE ROCKS FOR TOO LONG.

>It's a technical problem that could play into issues with fight scenes, buildings, and even plot points with characters not fitting into something etc etc

Again, that's how it feels to you. I've watched a lot of the show and its never bothered me. Im probably just less of an autist than you are

So they original creator intended her show to go hideously off-model constantly?

It's not their popularity I'm talking about.

Their goal is "flexible character models that change appearance depending on which board artist drew them"

They have specifically achieved that goal. That's called success.

Sorta.
Like I said I'm playing Devil's Advocate and I agree it looks like shit but it's a far rebuttal: How far does artist intent go.

t.sucrose

Robot your videos are good but they need to be longer you hack.
Also will you be answering things besides responses to the rant?

>from the start she said it's main focus was on Steven and his interaction with the Gems, no more or less.

Then isn't it a fair criticism when the show doesn't spend enough time on this main premise?

Please keep SU threads in their respective thread.

Yes, obviously. They even discussed in the artbook several times that they want the show to always go off-model to match the drawings of the artist that made them.

It's been a while since I watched that and can't do it again right now, but for the most part I can only think of one nitpick I had.

The thesis, as I remembered it, seemed to be that, because of all of the covered flaws, Steven Universe seemed to be headed for a crash, but a lot of those covered flaws seemed to be basically constant factors that don't really affect the trajectory of the show, like scene composition or fight choreography. And while those can be subpar, as demonstrated, they don't really seem like degenerative problems, much less terminal ones; those sorts of fatal satisfaction-killing flaws that take a while to arise, I would think, would be almost exclusively on the "story/plot/characters" side of things, because that HAS to be dynamic, whereas the visual/art-quality side of things, in theory, ought to be pretty static.

Of course, in THIS case, it kinda isn't, (as shown by how the character designs seem to have been set adrift on the sea of storyboarders' own artistic quirks!) but still, I'm not convinced it's a big enough problem to be the major risk factor for the show "hitting a brick wall." (If I had to give my own not-remotely-educated-enough guess about what'll REALLY leave people maddest about the show once it's over, I'd say that the inevitable Great Big Twist that the writers no doubt have up their sleeve for the very end and are probably super-proud-of isn't going to land nearly as cleanly as they would like, and will probably sour a huge fraction of the fanbase on the show because that seems to be the intersection of "how willing the creators are to take risks" and "how well they're able to pull them off." But you probably want critiques with actual EVIDENCE behind them so I've got nuthin' more for you, sorry!)

Advertising is against the rules.

So you acknowledge that they are lazy because they don't care about the models?

Welp, she's fucked.

>

WIth allAgain, that's how it feels to you. I've watched a lot of the show and its never bothered me. Im probably just less of an autist than you are

With all your talk of subjectivity you seem to think your opinion is the right one.

Maybe because they had to wrap it up in 20 episodes. There was shit in the works we only got because they just let everyone read up on it after everything was all said and done.

really i just wanna ask, if it was more intended for a feel good episodic cartoon would you like it better? its clearly not because SU has tons of fucking destroy the world plot lines and tries to deep and dark, but on the basis of a slice of life, would you call it good?

>Rubecca Sugar herself many times have said the show was never meant to have a central villain or be plot heavy.

Then why feature those elements in the first place? Why not just stick with being a slice-of-life action/comedy instead of half-assing the lore and greater arcs?

Autists complaining about, say, the s3 finale of R&M is obnoxious, but I can't really blame them at the same time. You don't just keep teasing your audience and expect them to be satisfied with teases.

They have different taste than you. To them a characters' height isn't as important as the emotional content of the scene.

We can debate if that's a good choice or not, or if thay is something that YOU personally enjoy.

But it doesn't make sense to call the team "lazy" for succeeding at their goal.

>Everything is subjective
>Unless it's my opinion and then it's fact!

>STOP CRITICIZING ME REEEEEEEE
kys SUfag

>creator doesn't say that at all
>actually wants criticism
kys dumbass

>large part of the disappointment you feel from the show is due to preconceived expectations you gave it rather then what the artists actually intended? Rubecca Sugar herself many times have said the show was never meant to have a central villain or be plot heavy

Doesn't matter what she said when it's the exact opposite of what they try and fail to do

>Rubecca Sugar herself many times have said the show was never meant to have a central villain or be plot heavy
she's kinda doing a shitty job at it when the show literally has that

At least keep the act going if you're going to pretend you're above giving people shit for having different opinions.

I don't actually. My opinion is just an opinion. It doesn't bother ME, but it bothers YOU.

I'm not claiming to have a "correct" opinion.

But what is true is that the crew WANTS the models to be flexible and artist-specific from shot to shot to the point of being off-model. That's their goal and they have stuck to it from day one.

You can argue that their choice bothers you and you don't like it but I can argue back that it doesn't bother me and I like it.

>going on to Sup Forums for advice when you are semi famous
I'd highly recommend against that.
>Maybe try to criticize the show without throwing around that the creators are "lazy" and "don't put in effort"?
if i ever became a reviewer, I'd just say that the creators simply didn't have the skill/ abillity/ resources to achieve what they were aiming for.

They should've actually done or at least teased some of those greater ideas instead of wasting time on mostly Problem of the Week plots. They had plenty of time to do so and chose not to do it.

>I like that the characters are drawn badly and off model

The state of cartoons

But the story and the animation shouldn't be in their own separate bubbles. The story could be amazing (it isn't, but that is a separate issue) but it wouldn't matter if the people watching it are distracted be the poor animation choices. The fact that people notice and complain about the inconsistent animation should be evidence alone that its a poor decision.

If you are the creator good for you. If you aren't fuck off. Just wanted to say you sound cute,and it was a good video. Good luck fampai

>the show has flaws
>"well they are not flaws according to me so they dont count ok?"

too late im already dead inside :)

Caring about cartoon character heights and keeping track of when they look different from episode to episode is pretty autistic, user. Point out fluctuating character models to a normie and they would never notice.

And I say that as a huge cartoon autist myself.

Pro tip, don't attach yourself to a name or identity on Sup Forums. It leads to nothing but trouble.

>20 episodes
thats a lot of time to tell a story
thats like 3 movies

>But it doesn't make sense to call the team "lazy" for succeeding at their goal.
I'd agree if the visual inconsistencies served some emotional-content purpose, like sizes being deliberately exaggerated to emphasize a characters' presence in the scene, or so on. As it is, though, most of the visual inconsistencies don't actually seem to serve any such purpose and seem to come down to "art errors that the team doesn't care enough about to correct."

And 'lazy' doesn't seem like an inappropriate term for getting themselves in that situation. (Well, that or low-budgeted, because at some point you've got to choose what problems to leave unfixed with your finite resources, but I'd expect that to have other symptoms if a resource crunch were the problem...)

This. Anyone can copy your name, so that will obviously have people pretending to be you saying "I LOVE DICKS" or in your case "I LOVE VAGINA'S"

Because the entire point of a discussion is to back up your opinions with examples and ideas and doing the
>It's just an opinion
Is a poor defense that basically means you can't really come up with a good response as to why you're opinion is valid.

The rebuttal of "Artist intent" is a good initial starting point but now that we're pointing out that many times said designs are unskillfull and unprofessional with examples shown of poor animation and just plain awful looking stills which you really can't seem to defend
>inb4 Art is subjective
Yes, but to a degree. A human portrait where the human has two left hands is drawn poorly. Look at this scribble. It's supposed to be Marge Simpson. Do you think it's a good rendition of Marge Simpson? I hope you don't.

never heard about that video before.
40 minutes is long. too long.

>Caring about cartoon character heights and keeping track of when they look different from episode to episode is pretty autistic, user.

That's a job for the animators. When the animators fail to achieve this, the result becomes blisteringly obvious to the viewer. This has nothing to do with being "autistic".

>liefeld jasper
kek

It's a good video, it's well thought out in the vein of a Plinkett review

This.

It's like if YMS and Jaiden had a lethargic love child.