New Ghostbusters animated film next year

>New Ghostbusters animated film next year.
>From the POV of a ghost.

Bravo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/odQnYIuMn-A
youtu.be/W-485a-qj4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ghost busters the video game is what it reminded me of

It was only ever going to feature the 2016 female Ghostbusters, anyway, so who cares.

NOBODY cares about Ghostbusters anymore, OP. Rick & Morty said so.

Depending on the writers it can be interesting. Exploring the ghost's modivations or the ghost world was one of the best parts of the animated show.

This reminded me that I convinced my girlfriend to watch "The Real Ghostbusters" (the animated series) a few days ago and she liked it well enough. I forgot how campy, but good and charming the series was.

It's also saying something about it, because she HATES the movies for some reason. She never saw them as a kid, and either complains the entire time I try to get us to sit down and watch one or literally falls asleep at the start out of disinterest. I couldn't even get her to watch the 90s series because of her Ghostbuster hate.

Both series still have god tier openings, though. If Sony for real thinks it can top either of the older animated series I fucking dare them to try.
youtu.be/odQnYIuMn-A

youtu.be/W-485a-qj4I

>If Sony for real thinks it can top either of the older animated series I fucking dare them to try.

Sony's doubling down on the female Ghostbusters. They just had IDW give them their own exclusive comic series and all plans moving forward are to revolve around them (once the TMNT/Ghostbusters II miniseries is over there is no word on any continuity for the original Ghostbusters).

It's a "this is all you're going to get so you'd better learn to like it" approach.

>(once the TMNT/Ghostbusters II miniseries is over there is no word on any continuity for the original Ghostbusters).

What.

Proof? I doubt they're going to can the originals.

I thought for sure they had dropped everything about the new ghostbusters after it bombed so hard. If Sony for real wants to drive itself into the ground like a tent stake, I guess they're free to fund their own suicide. but boy is this going to suck.

Answer the Call is supposed to be the new ongoing. TMNT/GBII is a weekly miniseries that'll run through November.

They haven't announced anything else after that. Answer the Call is going to be running, but no word on anything with the original GBs. Since TMNT/GBII ends at the end of November, if they had plans for more comics with the original GBs they'd have solicited them by now. We might get something next year, but it looks like they don't want anything to compete with/distract from the Answer the Call ongoing. Making it the only option for Ghostbusters content.

TMNT/GB2 STARTS in November, not ends. Don't scare us like that.

>>New Ghostbusters animated film next year.
after the sony remake, i will never watch any GB movie ever, and so it will be until:
1-Sony pictures is no more.
2-everyone involved in the remake apologises

>TMNT/GB2 STARTS in November, not ends. Don't scare us like that.

Boco, get your shit together.

It's a weekly miniseries ala DImension X and Bebop & Rocksteady. 5 issues across the 5 weeks in November. Each issue will be done by a different creative team (again, like Dimension X and B&R).

C'mon, man. Read Previews.

Also, Burnham is staying hush about any Ghostbusters news on his end after TMNT/GBII (he isn't writing the ATC ongoing).

It's sounding more and more like 101 was produced to transition readers of the classic continuity into the 2016 continuity. Ah well.

Hm. Interesting.

But if they really think AtC is gonna be an ongoing, they're in for a rude awakening.

anyone who reads or watchs anything GB related after that Sony remake is a bad person and is helping to destroy anything good previous GB creators did.
but carry on, I am a nihilist, I want to see shit burn

They'll do what Marvel does; solicit it as an ongoing but when sales plummet and it gets cancelled, call it a miniseries retroactively.

I give it til issue 4, tops.

Then oh wow, the originals are back! What a surprise!

The Burnham/Schoening comics were so fucking good, though, and a tiny scrap of salvation for fans of the original characters when the 2016 shitfest was stinking everything up.

Then 101 happened and now we don't even have that anymore. It's all 2016 female Ghostbusters, exclusively, from now on.

We don't know that.

Better not, anyway. They teased some good stuff in the Annual.

>tfw no high budget traditionally animated real ghostbusters movie

I'm still holding out for the introduction of the REAL Samhaine (not that shitty stage magician version from Haunted Holidays). They teased him in the first Annual but still haven't rolled him out in full.

>Got dragged along with my now ex gf to see the 2016 movie in theaters
>Wanted to kill myself every second I was there, save for maybe a handful of moments where the black woman was the only likeable character
>Had to force myself to laugh because I kept getting mean looks from my ex for not enjoying myself
>The fucking scene where Steve Rodgers takes over all the cops and starts dancing
>Literally nobody else dances. The director couldn't be fucked to even make that scene slightly enjoyable
>My ex ended up seeing it two more times after that

It was a living hell and a half. Rick Moranis dodged a bullet and basically told Sony in the most professional way possible to "fuck off". The guy is my hero.

I know. Seeing him and the Boogieman (outside that one cameo) would be great.

>Boogieman (outside that one cameo)

Cameo? He got a 4-issue arc. He took on different forms throughout it and only appeared in his RGB design for one panel (the cameo you're thinking of?) but he did get a dedicated storyline.

The Boogeyman was one of those IDW reinventions I didn't like, along with the stage magician Samhaine (which they seem to want to walk back if the Annual is any indication). Burnham did an awesome job with the Peoplebusters (Collectors) and the Sandman, though.

Was that before the ongoing? Only appearance I can think of was the last part of 'Haunted Holidays', where the New Years Eve ghost made them see their deepest fears (Egon's the B-man).

I thought they were gonna abandon them and focus on newer teams?

So how bad is 101?

The New Years Eve ghost WAS the Boogeyman. It just had that whole "can take on the form of your greatest fear" thing going, which is why it looked different throughout the arc. And that's also why I didn't like that rendition of the character, since it lacked the classic appearance (save for that one panel at the end where Egon sees it as the RGB clown monster thing, which reduced its classic design to an Easter Egg).

What? No. He might have been in the background (and now I gotta go back and check, dammit) but each part had different antagonists. Halloween was Stingy Jack, Christmas was Sinterklaas, etc.

>So how bad is 101?

Burnham tries, he really really tries. All the stuff with the original Ghostbusters is as good as anything he's ever written with them and the plot is actually really interesting. The status quo is advanced in the way Burnham likes to advance it, growing the business and the red tape/politics involved.

But then the 2016 GBs show up and they suuuuuuuuuuck. They're fucking annoying the whole way through and Burnham cannot get any laughs out of them while trying to keep them in character. They're fucking obnoxious and detract from all the good elements he's developing with the cast readers DO like.

101 is proof that the 2016 characters are so fundamentally bad that even a good writer cannot redeem them.

FYI, "Haunted Holidays" was the collection of holiday themed one-shots that preceded the first ongoing (and had the stage magician Samhaine story in it).

"Happy Horror Days" is the arc you're thinking of, where the Boogieman attacks on New Years Eve and the Ghostbusters put him in a trap and throw him in the East River. And yeah, the Boogeyman wasn't the central antagonist in "Horror Days" but he was built up to with small appearances throughout before being the main villain in Part 4 (remember, he tries to pull that one kid under the bed in the first part?).

Ohhhhh, see, yeah, I was thinking of Happy Horror Days. Shit. My bad.

I'll calling the twist.

The ghost is the spirit of a young recruit that they lost tragically early on. The spirit isn't vengeful so much as lost, lashing out in confusion and denial.

Didn't the cartoon already do this? A friendly, bald ghost that just wanted to help them?

Actually I found them more tolerable save for Holtzman and the dumbass I can never remember the name of. Especially since Ray pretty much crushed the ego of the fat one hard enough to make her more tolerable by accident. Holtz was fucking irritating tho.

At least twice. The uncle ghost and the hardboiled detective ghost.

But she's hot tho

Kate McKinnon's character? Kate is just meh, and Schoening's art does her no favors.

I've never seen Real Ghostbusters. Is it worth buying the DVDs for like fifteen dollars?

Should I get the Ghostbusters game? It's only 9 bucks on amazon.

Free on Netflix.

Which version?

She sounds like she hates scientists. The cartoon significantly downplayed how these guys were essentially a private R&D firm first and heroic saveours of the city second.

Either PS3 or PC. I just really like Ghostbusters and relistening to the Ghostbusters Resurrection podcast makes me want to play it.

Definitely. Its the closest we'll ever get to a third movie, and really makes you feel like a Ghostbuster.

Jesus fucking Christ it's like they really don't want my money.

Ultimately, I feel really bad for Burnham and Schoening. Their books were so good, even 101 was surprisingly tolerable, and you could tell they both have so much love for the franchise. This whole 2016 push reeks of top-down licensor meddling in the worst kind of way, and they're fucking delusional if they think any of the fans are going to support an ongoing of that shitshow.

Thanks bro.