Normies on Superman and Comics

youtube.com/watch?v=pxnwG7v79UQ

>Superman sucks because he's perfect

>Western comics suck because they don't end

>Woolie and Mat can't debate to save their lives and make Pat look like he had a point

>Normies supporting Pat in the comments

I'm so fucking mad.

>bringing more e-celeb garbage to Sup Forums
>bringing fucking Sup Forums e-celeb garbage to Sup Forums

I would rather to nails on a chalkboard and styrofoam rubbing together in stereo surround sound than listen to Pat's voice.

Its true tho.

How is anyone supposed to get invested in a character thats died seven times and just keeps coming back because the writers realize they wrote themselves into a corner and reboot the universe for the third time?

Pat is literally full of shit and so are you

Like it or not these e-celebs represent normies.

These are the normalized opinions on western comics and Superman. And its all because one short ginger skimmed All-Star and decided that Superman was a perfect flawless god that made him feel jealous inside (even though he needs help from others several times in the story) and the only come back Mat and Woolie had was "Muh Sandman".

I cannot understand, for the love of my life, why would someone on Sup Forums be a fan of those guys.

If there's one thing that can be called "Reddit", is "Super Best Friends".

I don't give a fuck, strongly consider suicide

Superman died just one time, user.

Name one Marvel hero. He has died more times than Superman.

Now fuck off, casuals are not welcomed.

Who cares?

you could make a thread and storytime a superman comic you like, instead you are crying over some youtube bullshit, you are a loser and a faggot that needs validation

As a cartoonfag I agree. Batman and Joker sounds cool but when I decided to research on the comic it all sounds incredibly fucking retard like Joker is some fucking reincarnated demon, or he always goes into the back into the Laverus Pit and Batman refuses to kill him despite at this point he's committed enough massacre's I'm fairly certain it can now legally called a genocide in Gotham and the government won't execute him because fuck you.

Listen it's not the mediums fault, any franchise that has gone for 40 or 50 or 70 something years now would have gotten this stupid too but you seriously can't say people outside the niche audience that wasn't introduced to it from a young age would look at all that and think "Yeah nah, that shits fucking dumb".

>How is anyone supposed to get interested in a character

Because writers have runs and those runs end you fucking casual. Like Johns JSA. It ended with everyone going to Courtney's birthday party right after the Magog arc. It ended. Just because the Williams arc afterwards sucked balls doesn't mean the Johns arc sucked.

You think Ovid or Homer ever had tism fits over the continuity of Classical Mythology? Do you think they ever complained that Zeus would never die and Olympus would never fall and the gods would go on and on forever?

We're dealing with modern mythology here. Not disposable anime garbage.

Because there are good and compelling stories in between the "biggest event ever will kill you when you read it" stuff. Because some writers can focus on the right stuff and use characters in new ways, and some can even use the long running format to their advantage.

So what? Let them have their retarded opinions.

I'm not a fan. I'm just angry at the world because normies treat these chucklefucks as knowledgeable on "nerd culture' and because of them I have to constantly hear the refrain of Superman sucks because he's perfect and Western comics suck because they don't end.

I'm talking about comics as a whole, user.
Comics are a dying industry because shit's stagnant as fuck. Why care about Captain America dying yet again when you know in the back of your mind nobody significant will ever stay dead and there are no stakes to any story?

>research
so did you read the comics or did you read Wikipedia

Just read Legends of the Dark Knight Jesus Christ it isn't hard why do you casuals lose your shit over stories returning to the status quo?

I like the Best Friends but they are the lamest casuals. Pat's attitude towards Superman is literally because he is short and morally weak, he is annoyed at even the concept of someone who is tall handsome and morally upright.

This is right for stupid Big 2 shit.

Pat is a short bald former redhead with delusions of grandeur. He's basically Silver Age Lex Luthor and you're wondering why he hates Superman?

Why do you care about "Super Best Friends" fans opinions on anything, user?

Say that out loud. "Super Best Friends fans".

Do you think a "Super Best Friends" fan has a well-thought opinion on anything?
Let them be.

>We're dealing with modern mythology here.

Jesus Christ you believe this don't you?

>Americans are the entire western comics industry

>95769010
normies dont do that, they don't care.

>I'm not a fan
>but I wasted 25 minutes listening to something I knew I wouldn't like specifically to get mad
>because I am an autist, I cannot conceive of a scenario where I write off dumb opinions that do not agree with me
>instead I must get mad at people who disagree with me
>then, because I am still an autist, I decided to spread e-celeb cancer onto Sup Forums

>Dying industry

DC keeps on trucking.

>When Captain America dies yet again

He's not dead just cloned. But Secret Empire was retarded. No one actually liked that story.

>No stakes to any story

Surprise surprise. In 99 percent of action adventure stories the good guys win in the end.

What the fuck, do you go gambling on the outcomes of superhero fights? Is the only thing that excites you in a story is the chance that the main character is going to suffer and hurt?

What is your psychological malfunction?

This is bait, but fuck it.
I bet you're one of those assholes who tells people to watch Game of Thrones because "everyone dies lol". You can't measure the quality of a story by abitrary shit like how many people die or how powerful the mc is. You measure it by the actual fucking quality of the story. How the character is put into different trials, emotionally and physically. How the true strength in either aspect is tested and does the character overcome it or succumb to it. Yes, it may be bullshit that they brought Superman back to life but did you really think they were going to perma kill a cultural icon? The Doomsday and Death of Superman run was a conjecture of how the death of Superman would be handled. Writers are doing that shit with Superman all the time. Just look at Grounded or even Injustice. Being interesting is more than just killing a guy. It's putting shit into different situations to see how it works. Whether it's nuanced or over the top.

Next time any of you fuckers wanna argue Superman, try reading a fucking comic book and not just watching a goddamn Max Landis video

>why do you casuals lose your shit over stories returning to the status quo?

Because nothing matters, and almost any event has a lasting impact, and this damages the narrative.

Hell, people always preferred stories with a fucking end.

It is modern mythology. Comics are modern Bullfinch.

Take a good long look at it. This is pop culture. These are the figureheads of pop culture. This is the world you live in and it won't change.

>This is the world you live in and it won't change.
so why get mad about it on Sup Forums instead of reading comics you enjoy

there's nothing wrong with comics, its the floppy format that's killing them. No one is going to pay upwards 9.99 american dollars for a flimsy book thats can be read in 15 minutes or less.

Extremely entry level reading like Killing Joke, Death in the Family and The Dark Knight Returns, Wikipedia everything else as well as lurking some comic threads.

This is all basically from a normies perspective so I have no say in how the industry is and whatnot but considering the topic is about why the medium is niche I think an outsiders looking in thoughts would provide some mild perspective. Maybe I'm wrong and the Big 2 aren't that bad but from everything I heard, both out and here in this very board it all just sounds dumb.

>Comics are modern Bullfinch.
As much as TTG.

I'm not sure why you're drudging up an old episode of their podcast. I like those guys but I've learned to disregard anything they have to say about comics.

But the stories do end. Every story in Ovid has an end. The gods just won't die.

Morrison's Action Comics had an end. Grounded had an end. Tomasi's Hamilton County arc had an end.

The stories DO end. There's a thousand dominos of stories lined up end to end but your autism won't let you enjoy any of them because the last domino never falls. That's sad user. That's really, really sad.

Why not read something that isn't from Marvel and DC?

its hard not to go back to this when the jerk off to MHA at every opprotunity.

>Implying mythology didn't have its stupid juvenile stuff.

It was always folklore user. It was always a mixture of the highest and lowest of storytelling.

>goku is the strongest mortal in his entire universe and will soon be the strongest mortal in the entire multiverse in a few episodes
>"superman is too perfect"

I don't think superman sucks but I do think he got too powerful.
Mostly I just think flight was a mistake. When did he get that?

>I like those guys
/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/

MHA is super good.

>Ecelebs
FUCK OFF RETARDS

Who cares

Seems like you've got more of a problem with MHA

You should get that looked at

Property like stuff where "everyone can die" not because "everyone can die", but because it creates suspense, which makes the story more interesting for them. You are really dense.

Also, this is not important, the real deal is that you are a rabid defensor of a shifty company that keeps regurgitating the sames themes again and again 99% of the time, in a clusterfuck of continuity and retcons that revolve around pandering to neckbeards.

Oh, and he's also come back to life more times than Superman, and has access to magic orbs that can bring him back to life whenever he wants.

the Fleischer cartoons in like 1941? I think it made the hop to comics in 1943

And capeshit is the McDonald's of mythology. Shit.

Virgin Comic Book Writer
>no originality, has to reuse 50 year old characters
>can only write about muscular men in spandex
>no legacy, any original developments will be removed when the next writer comes on
>sells barely any issues, job only exists to give hollywood producers more material to adapt

Chad Mangaka
>can write, draw and ink his comics
>writes anything he wants, from fantasy epics to realistic drama, sports, martial arts, romance, science fiction and more
>creates entire new worlds and characters for his comic instead of reusing old ones
>despite this is completely ready to throw it all away and end it when the comic has run its course
>anime adaptations are created for the purpose of advertising his work

It is but it still triggers me that pat said All-might is a better Superman because All-might stopped crime.

>They love MHA

>"Lol guys its just like a superhero comic" even when its anime fighting high school show number 103.

>Pat loves All Might. All Might who is LITERALLY just Superman. Who he hates.

And they also jerk it to DBZ. Of fucking course they do.

I fucking hate Pat.

Well, say some Manga that you think is good, that I will argue that it's actually shit!

All Might is more like Captain Marvel

And yet people like DBZ despite death being a revolving door. :^|

(you)

Sometime around World War 2 he started flying and it was more or less a cheat for the cartoon because depicting him as jumping everywhere was too hard for them.

But flight is the GOAT ability and is pretty much synonymous with him, so i disagree

>Superman is just one powerhouse in a world filled with powerhouses
>Really just a good guy that lives pulp adventures with his hard-working gal
>Normies have a problem with that because "it is too perfect"
>Normies like every "edgy-Superman" regardless of how shitty their stories are

It's easy to get on the hate bandwagon when it comes to e-celebs, but I do like these guys. It's just that their opinions on comics are shit.

Come at me.

Virgin Mangaka
>Can only use the same archtypes that have been used for decades in the same cheap mass production no talent art styles used for decades
>Writes anything he wants from high school fighting tournament to high school wacky romance
>Is completely ready to drag the franchise out like a zombie for more money decades after it should have ended
>Anime adaptations are created solely for the purpose of getting money from people too lazy to read

What is there besides marvel and DC?
Archie?

>And yet people like DBZ
Because its just dumb action that never pretends to be anything else. Also, it doesnt suffer from status quo as much as big 2 shit because the timeline actualy progresses more than 30 years.

>Better than Superman because All-might stopped crime

I...what?

He said what?

How does that sentence even make coherent sense?

>All Might who is LITERALLY just Superman
Confirmed for not knowing what the hell you're talking about

All that you said happens on the west, but in a worse degree.

>All superhero stories are of the same quality no exceptions

You realize how stupid this makes you sound right?

>Normies like every "edgy-Superman"
I think you meant to say normies like Batman

And he's wrong because crime still exists in heroaca

How do you feel about being a "shitlord", user? Is it like being a "Jake Pauler"?

We're talking about characters, not the series themselves.

He's fucking Superman. If MHA was apart of the DC multiverse he'd be their Earth's Superhero rep like Sunshine Superman or Optiman or Mr. Majestic.

He's fucking Superman!

user, Im talking about 99% of Big 2, not super hero genre. And mainly focusing on the stupid model of endless company owned characters, in oposition with creator owned stuff.

Hasn't Batman died more often at this point?
>YouTube comments
Only place more retarded than Reddit.

>angry at the world
>normies
they get like 50k views tops on their videos these days, their reach is quite limited

get upset over something worthwile

It's something I'd never get about normies.

Superman is far from being the undisputed king of the mountain in DC. Even in the Silver Age a good third of the JSA could be counted on to match him if not overcome him.

Nope, I meant to say "Normies see a page of Sentry killing Carnage and lose their shit about how amazing the character is".

At least watch/read it before spouting shit that makes you look like a retard

Goku enclapsules what the show is about: he is dumb, and likes action, and also there is a heavy focus on humour with everything regarding him. He is not really meant to be the "model" for how you should live by.

when has that ever happened

Neck yourself on stream Mat

>role models

that has nothing to do with how entertaining a character is

This is a legit criticism though. All the best comics have endings, and have no status quo to return to.

hope you're not implying Transmet is one of the best comics

>How is anyone supposed to get invested in a character thats died seven times and just keeps coming back

It doesn't matter how many times they've died and come back. You enjoy stories on an individual basis anyways because reading everything that Superman's ever been in from his conception is impossible.

Unnecessary too. The overwhelming bulk of fiction is a snapshot of someone's life rather than the entirety of it.

>All the best comics

Daredevil Born Again, Batman Venom, and Morrison Action Comics.

>All the best comics have endings
define ending

Superman is just the most powerful famous hero.

He is not the most powerful, but the ones more powerful than him aren't as famous as he is.

It kind of has. Characters that are not meant to be role models have a better range of how they can act. See: Goku x Superman, Mickey x Donald. More often than not, they are just corporate mascots meant to preach and appease a fanbase that would bitch if they didnt acted like they envision. They are often castrated characters.

Its not a rule, but often happens. Hell, the comic code largely ensured that any "dangerous" behavior should be exchanged in comics for dumb role models.

None of the cape heroes are "role models" Sup Forums memeing aside. None of them are really applicable to the real world, and shit like
>NO KILLING EVER IF YOU KILL YOU ARE LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER
Is retarded.

What is it with normies and comic books anyway the most they ever know about comics are obviously through the movies and it's not like any of them will sit down and read a comic so what gives?

This. Holy shit. Characters in classical mythology didn't even die. They just went to the Underworld until Hercules/Orpheus/Zeus rescued them.

I know. But it's a common misconception because of Deathbattle/Super best friends that Superman can't be matched.

Spectre, Dr. Fate, Alan Scott Lantern, Jakeem/Johnny Thunder, Captain Marvel, the JSA has loads of guys that can match him.

...You are kidding right? No mention of Hellboy? Or european comics like the ones by Moebius? Or actual gppd stuff like Shaun Tan? And I am just mentioning the most entry level stuff.

Supes and Bats both haven't been role models for some time. Batman moreso but even Superman does stuff like let his underage son risk his life fighting crime.

he's saying those are some comics that are considered good/the best that end with a status quo to return to

>Comparing Superman to Mickey
>Not even forties Mickey but sanitized post WW2 Mickey
>"Superman is flawless corporate mascot" maymay

Fucking neck yourself

>None of the cape heroes are "role models"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Man, even the authors, and the fags on this thread claiming them to be their religion.

>because he is short and morally weak, he is annoyed at even the concept of someone who is tall handsome and morally upright.
This is true for EVERYONE who hates Superman.

>Skim All-Star Superman
>Now think you know enough about a character older than WW2 to pass judgement

How old are the SBFs? Are they millenials?

>Friend of mine had to go through chemo
>Doctors said that his chances to make it through were only 15%
>He did it anyway because "Hal Jordan would have done that".
>He fucking survived
>He wrote a letter to Geoff Johns thanking him for saving his life
>Johns actually read that letter in an event right after his run on "Green Lantern" ended
Superheroes are role models, user.