Why does the right-wing not have any competent intellectuals?

? how come all the smart, knowledgeable people are on the left? It just goes to show that the right isn't right.

Example: William F Buckley v Chomsky debate.

youtube.com/watch?v=VYlMEVTa-PI

Chomsky absolutely wrecks the shit out of Buckley to the point where Buckley gets so butthurt that he threatens Chomsky with physical violence.

This is found everywhere you go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YgQy70_LPS4
telospress.com/
youtu.be/J7Ug6UaTodU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The right is usually too busy with real jobs.

>being a professor isn't a job
>education isn't an industry

just shut the fuck up you ignorant right-wing retard.

because they can't get promoted in a left wing climate, you fucking retard.

if you mean modern political commentators then you have Jared Taylor, possibly Molyneux but he's dumb sometimes.

in terms of historical intellectuals, you have Yukio Mishima, Schopenhauer, Knut Hamsun, and Heidegger.

>because they can't get promoted in a left wing climate, you fucking retard.
This is the same argument that creationists make for why their ""theory"" isn't accepted by actual real scientists.

It's always the muh evil liberal establishment is holding us down.

Fuck off, leaf and get a better argument next time you conspiratorial retard.

>Jared Taylor,
Lmao literally who? A white nationalist nobody. What are his achievements?

>Molyneux
You can't be fucking serious right now.

Wtf? Our intellectuals BTFO Leftists with facts every single time. The left is just good at playing the victim and claiming:

>hate facts
>biased sources
>____-phobia
>read a book

Or just flat out claiming they were the real winners.
I.e. This thread

Give some examples.

Forgot to include this link as a counter to yours

youtu.be/YgQy70_LPS4

Chomsky got beat by a an old tripfag that used to prominent on /n/, /new/, Sup Forums and /jp/

Who are
>Milton Friedman
>Keynes (no he wasn't a lefty. FDR was a dumb commie)
>MLK (yes he was a conservative)
>Malcolm X (yes he was a racial realist and segregationist)
>Ambedkar (yes, fuck Gandhi. Ambedkar was the champion of the Dalit while Gandhi was an upper chaste faggot)
>Adenauer (yes, he was the founder of the idea of Europe, and basically a Christian ultraconservative)

Milo
Gavin
Paul Watson
Molyneux
Metokur
Crowder
Cernvic

Every time they're in a debate with a leftist, they're calm collected, rational, fact-based, based and their opponent usually ends up looking like a total cuck. Often on their own show.

>posting Ben Shapiro vs a tranny.

compared to my video of one of the most respected conservative thinkers in america vs a one of the most respected leftist intellectuals of all time.

lmao you fucking right wingers are literally sub 80 IQ. ffs u are retarded man

Oops, was for you

>this is a unironic post from a right winger
>he really is being serious
>he really thinks those people he listed can be classified as intellectuals

This is why only retarded people classify themselves as being right-wing. FFS. What an embarrassment you are.

They were purged from the academia in the 60s and have been kept out ever since.

Our intellectuals were purged out of academia and it stopped producing new ones.

What we actually have is a few really good intellectuals (since they're the ones who do it for love, against all opposition) but who are separated from the academic tradition.

This is a problem for us. We lack the kind of comprehensive scholarly community that our opponents have. But we also lack the bloat that's dragging our opponents down, the restrictive dogma and obfuscating jargon, etc.

telospress.com/ has some good stuff that's intellectual but not edgy-stupid like Richard Spencer or something. I think you are looking for paleoconservatism as the most recent thing that meets your wants, but like I said they were purged.

Proved my point there, Aussie.
This is why the Left is being exposed as a joke and conservatism is having a renaissance. You better start treating conservatism as an intellectual equal before your side get buried by endless public intellectual shaming ;)

More conspiratorial non-sense.

More creationist talking points.

Just face the fact that your IDEOLOGY cannot compete in the free market of ideas. It's not that hard.

Milton Friedman
F.A. Hayek
Lugwig von Mises
Murray Rothbard
Ayn Rand
Thomas Sowell
Thomas Woods

If you wanted a list of serious right-wing intellectuals, you shouldn't have asked someone from Sup Forums.
If you were to ask the equivalent from the equivalent (Tumblr etc), you'd get a list that almost assuredly included Neil Degrasse Tyson or Bill Nye.
Put in some effort.

We have Bill Whittle fuccboi
Greatest of them all

>left defines what "competent intellectuals" are
>expects right to play by them
where are they all at guise!?!?!

Look at Jared Taylor

>Competent.
>Intellectuals.

Pick one.

Chomsky is trash.

He's considered brilliant for not very much at all.

>Lugwig von Mises
>Murray Rothbard
Literal ancaps. You know that right? Ancap is retarded. Beyond stupid. So stupid that it is the most laughed about idealogy on the internet. Fuck most Sup Forumsacks think ancap is retarded. Think about that. Process it. That's how stupid it is.

>Thomas Sowell
What are his scholarly achievements besides writing some books and shilling for the Koch brothers?

>F.A. Hayek
>Milton Friedman
Only real intellectuals in your list.

Milton was a liberal (also a Joo) when it came to social issues. And he would consider most of you Sup Forumsacks, racists and he would go against most of your views.

Also Milton was in favor of open borders and unrestricted free trade.

>Ayn Rand
Ancap who wrote shitty novels. She is a laughing stock.

>Thomas Woods
Ancap with a radio show. What are his achievements?

>Whittle was forced to drop out of college when he did not maintain the required GPA and consequentially lost his financial aid.
A fucking college dropout!

This is why nobody takes you morons seriously.

We'll there is the entirety of the Chicago School and Austrian Economics plus Karl Popper...

>conspiratorial

as is white privilege, the biggest leftist talking point. there's no fucking difference.

>i need an """intellectual""" elite to tell me how to think

>Changed linguistics
>Considered one of the greatest most influential political analysts of our time
>not very much at all

LMAO at you.

spotted the pseudo-intellectual. auto didactism is the true mark of a profound mind.

Chomsky cherry picks like a motherfucker.

That email correspondence illustrates that pretty well.

I'm sorry but those people aren't classified as intellectuals... do any of them have any papers released? Or are they all just youtube celebs?
I cringed really hard when I read that list. It's embarrassing.

This kind of thing is why the right wing doesn't get taken seriously. There are tonnes of university professors who are right wing (many who are afraid of 'coming out' as right wing because they usually receive harassment or lose their jobs), but we rarely hear about them because they rarely get funded in a primarily left wing accommodating environment.

I'm not even right wing, I try to remain centrist but obviously lean right and left depending on the subject. I'm an environmentalist for example, but I am anti-immigration as well.

>Karl Popper
He was a liberal.

Try again.

They are too busy working. Chomsky couldnt wreck a 2 year old. Sage this shit.

Literally so many from literally any period

Sowell, Hoppe, Murray, Friedman, Burke, Bentham, Mill, Hayek, Madison, Jefferson, Hobbes, Nozick, etc. ad nauseam

More recently there are young but budding intellectuals from varying schools of though, e.g. Yiannopolous and Shapiro

Also,

>Chomsky
>Not a consequentialistic, relatvistic, incoherent partisan hack who's one step removed from Bernie-esque indignation toward literally anything that can be described as a system

*anti MASS immigration

it's a rubbish meaningless title awarded by the progressive left to jerk itself off

where in a resume does the quantifiable term 'intellectual' fit? it seems like half of them are fucking b grade talk show regulars and movie critics

>Ancap is retarded
>his example of a left wing intellectual is an Anarcho Communist/Syndicalist

they are equally retarded

>He's considered brilliant for not very much at all.
His work in linguistics, specifically context free grammars, is of key importance in computer science.

The media and academia are all controlled by the left, so left wing ideologues and intellectuals are the ones who get to be upheld.

I'm no right winger, but I did enjoy Hayek and Thoreau. And actually also Ayn Rand was admittedly pretty entertaining.

Thomas Sowell you fucking retard

>who is ben shapiro?

>MUH CONSPIRACY
>THE LEFT WING ESTABLISHMENT IS HOLDING THE RIGHT WING MAN DOWN

u sound like a nigger complaining about white supremacy. kek. This is why SJWs and alt-right retards are the same.

Wow, you're quite the moron.

>chomsky
>intellectual
lmfao

Trey Gowdy.

That's nothing.

Listen to Chomsky v Perle, undersecretary of state. youtu.be/J7Ug6UaTodU

Chomsky wrecks him so bad that Perle literally is reduced to single word answers half way through.

why would chomsky reply to user wtf

Dr. Thomas Sewell

>Changed linguistics

Linguistics is contentious to this day.

But since you're not a linguist and I'm not a linguist let neither of us pretend that we really understand the actual scope of his contributions other than via the proxy of reputation.

>Considered one of the greatest most influential political analysts of our time

So is Kissinger, a ruthless pragmatist who informed Nixon's government.

>Considered
and
>Influtential

Are the key words here.

You basically think he's clever because you've been told so and you trust people not to mislead you.

But how would you know, you're not informed enough to actually know, it's like some bizarre Dunning Krueger effect.

All I can tell you is that from the issues I've heard him argue, he usually gets BTFO, free speech on college campuses, race and intelligence.

So nobody here watched the video? Nobody here saw Chomsky literally rape one of the most foremost respected conservative thinkers on his own show to the point where he gets so pissed he threatens Chomsky with violence?

What an embarrassment it must be to be so wrong.

Lol you're a really butthurt liberal aren't you hahah.
I dunno if ancaps are the most laughed about ideology on the internet- anarcho communism would probably tie with that.

I think leftism is a mental illness, but the same goes for rightism. Swinging too far in either direction tends to get you nowhere except angry because reality sits somewhere in the middle teetering one way and the other.

Some things work better swaying to the left, others work better swaying to the right.

>athens
I hope he killed himself. He was fucking cancer on Sup Forums.

The US media is overwhelmingly controlled by Jewish globalists who are very left wing. I am not exaggerating or lying. And the academic world is overwhelmingly marxist. Again, I am not exaggerating.

Holy kek, Chomsky btfo

For someone whose battle was with constructivists in the '60s he sure has been parasitized by the left's inflexible principle of "all people have equal abilities"

Address this point:

meh. at the time the right was way too busy being cronyist and antimeritocratic. merit was recognized, but only in members of the clique

these days the situation is reversed. you have people like milo, who are actually intelligent and skilled, talking circles around leftist nimrods whose only talent is for networking

Not denying that, I wouldn't know enough to know.

But to take that as reason enough to assume that his views on political matters are correct by default, is clearly absurd. OP is doing that whether he wants to admit it or not and in the process basically admitting that since he lacks the intelligence to analyse data for himself he relies on trusted figures to do so based on false assumptions about the nature of their intelligence and ability to solve problems.

>he threatens Chomsky with violence?
it was a joke, a reference to when he threatened known sodomite, gore vidal.

this guy can kill any lefty "philosopher" in activity.

I cringed when I saw you say cringe.
That proves nothing.

Does the fact that they're YouTube famous change the fact that they come with fact based arguments? Narrowly defining intellectual is a sneaky and weak argument though because as you pointed out, it's difficult for right leaning intellectuals to gamer attention in academic circles.
Which is why your conditions for what qualifies as an intellectual is an endlessly changing goal post and you know it, and why I reject your conditions.
You'll accept my intellectuals from where they come from.

That being said, public debating is also a form of intellectualism, and it's there that my list has consistently destroyed opponents.

Femanon detected.

Interesting debate. Noam just cracked the shits near the end for no clear reason.

Way to liberal, m8!
You're good at that.

^ this is a decent criticism of OP's scenario

this is on Chomsky's level, Molymeme is not a serious option. Also Nick Land would be someone ready to kick Chomsky's old ass.

Why not address instead of of sperging out in neurotic rage?

Most of the Right, sans the neckbeard contingent, has realized that intellectual masturbation is a waste of time.

>shows one of the few times chummy gets his shit pushed in by someone else
>claims a confirmed victory

Buckley was /ourguy/ for the longest time.

People saw what a crackpot this "linguist" was during this debate and were turned off chomsky since then.

mega rebuttal guy

>Thomas Sowell
>What are his scholarly achievements besides writing some books and shilling for the Koch brothers?

He is a senior fellow at the harvard institute.

You know, fucking HARVARD, that ivy league school? yeah they fucking pay him to just sit around and think he is that important you fucking retard.

>yfw you realize he's a right-wing plant in the leftist (((intellectual))) community

>someone can only be intellectual if they agree with every leftist belief like I do
>if they disagree with me they are evil, retarded racists
>why aren't there any conservative intellectuals?

>liberal intellectuals

You're absolutely retarded

Left wing "intellectuals" are pretentious professors who like to use big words because it makes them sound smart
Right wingers are by definition more pragmatic and down to earth. We don't have an ideology, we simply learn from facts
Source: Reagan's historic speech (can't remember the year)

That's because OP did not make this thread for disscussion. He wanted to shitpost and get max (You)s.

> do any of them have any papers released?

200% Irrelevant because that isn't what this is about.

You're essentially saying

>I think there are more clever people that support the left than right.
>Therefore the left is right

I'm going to altogether ignore why that line of reasoning is flawed and go straight into the first part.

Most geniuses, indeed most of greatest minds of all time in terms of raw ability, will never publish.

Who's to say that Milo isn't more able than Chomsky? Bar seeing their respective IQ test you'll never know, you can only assume based on what you think qualifies as evidence to that effect, which you'll never have the sophisticated intelligent or education required to understand anyway so it counts as little more than a philistine guess.

The point I'm making is that you're drawing an arbitrary line in the sand to justify who give consider intellectual - it's not meaningful in any way and the only way in which it possibly could be you'll never know.

>Sowell
>Uncle Tom
kek

Meh

Left: Chomsky
Right: Friedman

Difference is, in the modern era our debators are more popular than yours...

We are winning the ground game.

Sowell

Friedman

holy shit, btfo from some chan faggot

refer to Sowell has published many papers, the guy is a master of economics.

How butthurt are you?

Intelligence*

>Lefties own/run the media

>BAWWW WHY AREN'T THERE ANY VIDEOS OF LIBERALS BEING FUCKING RETARDED BAWWWWW

I for one should have known this as soon as I noticed his flag, but here I am samefagging like a fucking summer.

Chomsky is older than your grandpa dude. Go easy on him.

>Sup Forums
>females
No.

we got alex jones

Milton Friedman
Thomas Sowell
Hans Hermann Hoppe
Richard Lynn
Jared Taylor

BEN SHAPIRO ???!?!?!?!

this

Show examples of Slavoj's right wing views

LOOK AT THE FLAG
O
O
K

Physical removal man not mentioned. Shame

>Also Milton was in favor of open borders and unrestricted free trade.

Why not tell the full story you fuck

>Open borders
>Only if
>No welfare

His social stance was "freedom", that is not a liberal thing.

Elitist