Doomsday Clock

How likely is this to be even better than Watchmen? If anyone can dethrone Alan Moore's Watchmen it's Geoff Johns.

Also how crazy is it that DC has a clock ticking down to the death of Mavel?

Part 1:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFwhIjlR5g

Part 2:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nAy4PVwJfGg

>If anyone can dethrone Alan Moore's Watchmen it's Geoff Johns.
This is bait, right? Please god let this be bait.

This is going to be shit.

It's going to be amazing. But that's just my opinion.

It's a fact though that Sup Forums will be endlessly mad even if it ends up being good.

Lol you get triggered by differing opinions

Johns is an objectively average writer. There's no underlying theme to any of his works. It's all as surface-level and in your face as it gets.

>How likely is this to be even better than Watchmen?

Anything more than 0% is delusional

Have you read his green lantern, JSA, Superman runs? What about his AMAZING Batman earth 1?
Don't worry he's got this.

I doubt it will be as ground breaking as Watchmen but I think it will definitely be fun.

Lol you think anything that you posted there matters to me

@95775591
OK, this is definitely bait.

@95775610
Of course not, based on how highly you rate Johns and even the way you write, it's pretty obvious you're subnormal.

Anyway, not getting any (You)s from me.

I think even Johns would say it's not going to be better than watchmen

I promise you it's not bait. I love his body of work.

Lol you think replying without the (You) present makes a difference

Johns might write a good story, there's a first time for everything

sinestro corps war Isn't a good story?

I expect it to be underwhelmingly mediocre and for people to defend it as the highest the superhero genre has ever reached as a literary masterpiece and that others will consider it the worst thing possibly written and insist that it's a storytime of pain-tier

The more he gets power, the more he starts writing edgy shit like Grail, blaming Moore of course.

anything is better than the overrated garbage watchmen, it was made ironically just to piss off capeshit nerds, but the nerds ended up liking it.

What does that say about the nerds?

>le "Watchmen is a literary masterpiece" meme

can this just die already? It was a great miniseries and really likable, but at the end of the day, that's it. It's not some sort of untouchable wonderful masterpiece. And even if it was, the verneration of Watchmen goes beyond masterpieces. Halloween was a classic movie, but that got its share of remakes and sequels, same with Psycho, the Blob, and plenty of other great pieces of media.

Besides, if any comic deserves the praise of being a "literary masterpiece" it's TDKR.

If that's true then why did Alan cry like a little bitch when DC didn't give him the rights to Watchmen?

That they are nerds.

Watchmen is shit, m8.

>if any comic deserves the praise of being a "literary masterpiece" it's TDKR

Wrong. It's actually Johns green lantern run.

If the emotional heart of the story is Lois battling Cancer over the course of a year contrasted with the events of Clark dealing with the coming of Manhattan and Oxymandias, I'm sure it will become an astounding success.

I guess, if you think Dragon Ball Z is deep

>I hate DBZ
>I love Johns green lantern

I don't know what to think anymore.

What a fucking garbage thread, Jesus.
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, retard cunt nigger.
Sage.

It's going to be at the very worst above average good. But people can't have anyone messing up their Watchmen comic they put on a pedestal, so

I like Geoff Johns but you're a dumb phone poster and this is bait

You know, I feel like you're trolling but you could probably make that case if you genuinely wanted to. Like, going through his "Green Lantern Epic" of Rebirth/Sinestro Corps War/Blackest Night, it really is a rare revival of the classic heroic epic, in line with the Iliad or the Odyssey.

Shit man, Hypercrisis has fucked me up hardcore.

>Sage

Do you honestly believe that changes anything?

I do post with my phone.

>How did this alt-right fanfiction get into my cave?

Would hypercrisis consider darkseid war a masterpiece?

Fucking amazing! I love God and Johns.

>If anyone can dethrone Alan Moore's Watchmen it's Geoff Johns.

Holy shit are you high?

It's like saying a little kid might win the next UFC.

Johns is smarter and more well read than Moore.

I wasn't talking about Watchmen retards.

Watchmen was bad though.

You should try reading the comic book, not just watching the movie.

Everybody knows that Fabian Nicieza's "Red Robin" run was the peak of comics.

retard, everyone knows it's Robinson's Firearm for Malibu

who cares, Watchmen is lame anyway

He's definitely a good writer, but he's only good. He's nothing great. His work is of a consistent quality, but it never has much meat or depth to it.

>If anyone can dethrone Alan Moore's Watchmen it's Geoff Johns

t. Geoff

Alan Moore is an overrated commie hack. And his fans are brainless cultist willing to suck his dick no matter what.

The movie actually was better than the comic.

>making Doctor Manhattan the God of the DC Universe

I cannot stress enough what a fucking retarded idea this is. This is going to be fucking garbage, and the next 10 years after its culmination will be spent backpedaling and retconning.

They never said he was the god of the DC universe just that he has meddled with time in their universe. Pay attention.

No it was shit, just like the rest of GL run.

>Halloween was a classic movie, but that got its share of remakes and sequels
Yeah and how'd that work out again?

No, he's a fucking idiot that reads nothing but capeshit just like you.

Watchmen fans are unable to think. That's why they like Watchmen.

>If anyone can dethrone Alan Moore's Watchmen it's Geoff Johns

There are Bo Duke dolls waiting for you to play with them, Johns. Time to get off the interwebz.

t. Trix Rabbit
Jealous that Geoff gets all the cereal he wants and you can't even get one.

>Superman is going to save the day.

WE

save the day?

Always.

WUZ

>All these people falling for shit tier bait
>Inb4 OP replies "I really actually enjoy Johns' body of work and think he is the superior writer to Moore"

Please

Too late faggot.

This DC Comics™ event is going to change graphic novels forever

Kings

>Superman is going to save the day.
What's wrong with that?

Something not being deep doesn't make it bad or incompetently written.

I have a weird question. Is Geoff Johns a sorcerer? Because sometimes it seems like he's trying to work a death curse on Alan Moore by attacking his creations or subverting them.

Blackest Night, Sodam Yat, the Five Inversions, Swamp Thing, Constantine, and now Watchmen. I do really like the Green Lantern stuff, but it feels like black magic.

I like watchmen because it got a bittersweet ending.

It just feels boring to have superman save the day again. What does he lose? Nothing, because the ending is predictable

Watchmen was terrible and would have been vastly improved by Superman saving the day.

Most of Sup Forums hated SCW and BN