Rick and Morty

Am I the only one who likes Raising Gazorpazorp? I see a lot of hate for it online even though it's one of my favourite episodes

Yes.

Dan Harmon said he hates it because the fans said it was sexist. He literally said it would be one of his favourite episodes but since the fans hate it he wants it to "die in a fire"

From what I remember, it's just Morty trying to balance both being a good father and stopping his son from following his baser instincts, something that never goes well, especially in humans.

What?

>“I can give you the least favorite,” he says. “It’s the one with the Amazonian women [season 1’s ‘Raising Gazorpazorp’]. I was so proud while I was writing it and then I read people’s comments on it how it felt stale and ‘80s in its observations about gender. And now I hate it and want it to die by fire. But that’s because of people’s reactions or I would love it.”

quote from Harmon

So what this means is Dan Harmon is a fucking bitch.

I honestly don't even remember it. There are a few other episodes that are just a blur in my mind too, like the Purge episode (I can only remember first and last few minutes of that one).

Ok.

The opening of Morty fucking a sex robot is comedy gold but the B-plot ruins it.
It's just the usual
>Men R dum and evil
>women R smrt and sensitive
I'd expect a plot like that to come from nu Simpsons not when Rick and Morty was at it's peak quality.

Morty plot was good.

Summer plot was pretty bad. Shame. Means they'll never do anything with Morty's son.

i thought it was about how ridiculous the whole idea of women being perfect and men being animals.
at first it shows the totally exaggerated and absurd world that leftists imagine and then it
shows the reality of women being catty and useless & men being composed and contributing to society.
then again it is a dan harmon episode so i'm probably giving it too much credit.
i dropped this show after season 2, looking back it seems like it was kinda shit from the beginning.

>women R smrt and sensitive
Did you watched the same episode as I did?
Women were whiny bitches with their heads far up their own asses.

It was the first episode I watched all the way through so it's got a soft spot for me. The entire beginning, and the marmaduke bit are gold.

You are all missing the point.
>Morty has a half gazorpian son.
>Morty has fucked a mermaid.
>Morty is probably going to get insane amounts of interstellar and interdimensional puss throughout his life
>we know its fairly easy for humans to breed with other species, even on accident (case in point)
>will probably knock a significant amount of them up
How long until we get a spin-off series with now old Morty and the highjinks of his many half -human, half-alien/xeno/quasihuman/sentient gas cloud offspring?

The best part was him naming the bot Gwendolyn.

It's one of my favorite episodes. I don't get why people hated it so much.

People hate this episode?

What a bitch

There's absolutely nothing wrong with tropes, everything has been done already. In fact it's when authors try to do something different that's doesn't adjust to common mores that people are left confused. Just look at recent South Park.

I agree. It actually reminded me of a weak post-revival futurama episode. Like the farnsworth one about creationism

all that hate's just from Brad Anderson proxies

Everybody would've been shitting on this episode even more if it came out in season 3

This episode is funny. It isn't ground-breaking in concept like many others, but it's better than every post-revival Futurama episode. In fact, if this was a Futurama episode, people would call it great. Rick And Morty is just held to a much higher standard than other shows.

Compare it to South Park , which gets a free pass because muuh satire.