Superman #32 Storytime

Breaking Point: Part Two.

Now with more accurate cover!

Other urls found in this thread:

www95.zippyshare.com/v/6DkJzkAH/file.html
www16.zippyshare.com/v/VZUhJtPC/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just breathe on him Supes

Norrin why do this first. Itd judt a filler issue. Meanwhile we have the worst thing batman has ever done which will in no way be anticlimactic

I think it's because of the gorgeous Lois. That's the only thing that's got me hooked into this arc. Lois is freaking gorgeous in this.

>ORAORAORAORAORA

>this art

Actually, it's because this was available first.

I'm not Norrin, but I'm guessing it's because this one came out first. Or at least was posted in the Win-O thread first.

this is just bad

Thanks, Norrin!

Thanks for reading.

Return in two weeks, cause Tomasi and Gleason and Lex and Apokolyps is back!

For a minute i thought it was gonna be lex

Press F to Pay Respects

F

Batman: Support your local comic shop!

same, i woulda jizzed

Disappointing.

NEXT!!!

Instead of Doug Mahnke, next month's issues of Superman will be drawn by a variety of fill-in artists as I expected (but sadly still no Patrick Gleason on art duties).

Just break his limbs or some shit

Wow for a second I thought he had a Joker smile on his face

>Lois showing up out of nowhere
And that was for charity Slade

>that logo for Lois

Is that actually something Deathstroky should be able to do

Mah...useless story.

Waller WOULD do something like this.

Not a bad story. Nothing too big, but it was a nice two-parter.

Also how wild is it that we get a comic about Superman not breaking his code against killing against Deathstroke the same time we get a comic about Batman breaking his code against Riddler?

I imagine it when fighting an enhancile like Slade it's harder for Superman to tell how much will break an arm and how much will hydrostatic shock him to death. He's not built like a normal human.

>but sadly still no Patrick Gleason on art duties
>sadly

Lois is so attractive in this that it's distracting

Superman 032 (2017) (webrip) (two covers) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www95.zippyshare.com/v/6DkJzkAH/file.html

Part 1:

Superman 031 (2017) (webrip) (two covers) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/VZUhJtPC/file.html

>Tomasi and Gleason and Lex and Apokolyps is back!
Thank god for that. Though I didn't mind the Parallax issues the book really needs those two back on it.

Deathstroke being written by anyone other than Priest just feels really wrong as well.

mediocre cover

slightly better cover

He CLEARLY drew the trunks there. You can tell the colorist just had to ignore it.

The same, maybe for Doomsday Clock..

F. Len was one of DC's greatest talents.

Good story. Thanks for the storytime.
I really like Deathstroke, and I like how both him and Superman managed to remain interesting without breaking character.

THIS WRITING SUCKS

no it's not and fuck off if you don't like it

I like the idea of the story, though it has already been done better by Joker and Manchester Black. and the fight is just shit in comparison to he one Priest wrote in Deathstroke.

5/10

textbook mediocre filler.

Jonboy definitely likes the trunks. You can see it in some of his other drawings.

F

Dude was a great.

Yup

F

Does Marvel ever do this? I don't read Marvel much but I do browse the story times and I don't think I saw this when Darwyn passed away and he had done work for Marvel, hadn't he?

A) he's still supposedly good and this should be either concurrent with or shortly after Clark just saved Lex, plus

B) since either the next arc OR Doomsday should turn Lex back to back, it likely wouldn't have been allowed by Editorial.

Gross.

Where is Prieststroke so I can cleanse my palate of this garbage.

>Also how wild is it that we get a comic about Superman not breaking his code against killing against Deathstroke the same time we get a comic about Batman breaking his code against Riddler?

I really liked this, and I think this theme will also be quite relevant in Doomsday Clock. So it's nice to have an issue to review his moral code.

Yeah, I surprisingly enjoyed it too. The fill in writers done a really good job.

Hopefully, Tomsai doesn't disappoint in the next arc.

It's pretty cool in fact. But Batman was younger.

suck it snyder cuck

At last the filler issues are over. Hope Imperious Lex is good.

F

Cook once threw a beer bottle at Quesada.

>wwooooosshhh
>thk-vnngg

?????????????

Sooo I know Supermann is Fast but not that fast

Eh, familiar territory about kidnapping Lois to make Supes vulnerable
Not too bad, but nothing out of the park either

>Not that fast

The guy literally can fly from the Sun to Earth in mere seconds. He has FTL speed.

this logic is retarded

This short arc has surprised me, I thought it would be terrible, but these covers are absolute trash. The interior art is pretty good i just cannot stand the way Supes looks on these covers.

The problem is he doesn't have the bonus stuff that Flash has.to prevent shockwaves and etc when going that fast. He totally could have just melted the guns though.
He COULD go that fast but it would cause collateral damage.

He lives in metropolis now again, not California. He wasn't that far away. He also knew the exact spot she was standing at because of his conversation with Lois.

In all honesty, if he hadn't made it in time to save lois from being shot I would've needed an excuse along the lines of "he had a kryptonite bullet in his chest".

Yeah but usually kind of late after people point out a major creative talent has passed. It's a bit fucked.

Supes has always had means to circumvent the implied physics of his powers. Usually along the lines of "something something thin TK barrier on his skin"

depends on the writer as well but SUperman rarely goes a direct line when he has to approach FTL over a long distance. He usually exits the atmosphere, THEN goes as fast as he can to the requisite spot above the globe, then exits at a fast speed that won't cause mass destruction but is still pretty fast.

What's with this grimdark edgelord Superman? Superman would never grab anyone by throat like that and growl out threats, he's not Batman. Superman should be all about hope and optimism not this dark garbage.

BUMPING TO READ!

this kind of story should really be one and done

So - a Lois Lane ongoing with very rare or limited cameo from Superman (preferably more Clark and mostly at the Planet) and no Jon, say a six issue mini with this artist -- would that be successful?

Don't forget that in it's heyday Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane sold half a million issues regularly.

I think DC has a better set of people keeping track of their legacy, even with Paul Levitz gone. Their librarian used to be considered one of the best and their collection of their older comics is unparalleled - especially considering that other companies with books that old (Timely's copies of their Golden Age stuff, for example) they had to build up after the fact and are nowhere near as good.

F

There's always a way

Well, thank you, deathstroke of exposition!

Also this begs the question, how long has it been since the event of rebirth started? Are they happening in real time?

the most retarded plot armor
captcha: bruce

Well, they are dating last I checked.

I disagree with him too but why should he fuck off? Story times aren't comfy times, especially if it's not a comfy story. I think this is good, I'd love to read an ongoing of lois doing journalist shit like this with all of the DCU villains.

But he doesn't have to fuck off.

user... did you really just notice that?

F

fuck. What happened to Gleason on the pencils? is he doing something else? It just seemed like they were doing so well last year.

Oh Waller you cunt. Ok issue but I'm ready for Imperious Lex.

He's still on the book according to Twitter. Might be doing the Batman of Tomorrow crossover.

Is the ongoing Deathstroke series worth looking at?