Wonder Woman was a hit with feminists despite her wearing a sexy skimpy outfit in the middle of battle

>Wonder Woman was a hit with feminists despite her wearing a sexy skimpy outfit in the middle of battle
>Apparently Carol can’t do the same

I don’t understand this.

Someone at Marvel has a fetish for butch lesbians. I have no other explanation for it.

>WW has good story and writing
>Nu-carol doesn't have good story and writing.
Wow, it's like if trying to be progressive were bad for a character.

The new costume looks better.
I hope this helped, user.

That uniform is total shit. FACT

Wonder woman's outfit was pretty similar to a Greek gladiator, even the men had skirts her clothes are more plausibly defensible , they can point to a movie like 300 and say look the men have the same clothes it's not sexist! The original carol suit is just a bathing suit with no historical context to defend it

>those ass fangs

It's absolutely sexist, the men in 300 were topless.

well WW is right up there with Superman and Batman that you can't change to much of her look without controversy, even giving her pants is questionable. Carol is neither as old nor as iconic. That and let's be fair here, that outfit isn't exactly all that great. I like cheese cake but that nears forgettable in all the wrong ways.

don't read the carol comics but I thought her costume wasn't this over-the-top tacticool shit. I mean, I have nothing against the suit itself but it looks too much like Captain America's Cap1 and Winter Soldier suits. Are Carol fans bothered by this or are they cool with it?

I prefer the new costume, if we're being honest. The character may be written like total shit now, but it looks like a uniform, not shit cosplay.

There is no reason the MS Marvel suit couldn't work if they simply make it a thick rubber like the Dceu Superman suit, removed the high heels.

I'm cool with it since her whole direction after house of M was she wanted to stop being a C-Lister and be more like Captain America, and her whole direction right now is she got monkey paw'd and doesn't know how to deal with it

I don't care about the costume. I do care about the hair, and I'm glad they didn't go for hip half shaven head

>Carol fans

Wonder Woman was not a hit with feminists, they bitch about her outfit all the time.

I kinda wish they had gone with the half shaven head like Dormer in the Hunger Games.

That said I am extremely happy they didn't give her the short hair like pic related.
Giant Jawed Brie would NOT look good with that.

They really don't. Movie-wise anyway.

>they bitch about her outfit all the time.
they haven't, they almost never have. Any time they try and take the outfit to far away from the original it goes badly.

that's why I was asking and not stating that it should be some campy shit. it just has too many similarities with Cap's suit, that's all I was saying

to be honest, I don't get why so many Marvelfans hate on the DCEU for making the suits so dark when it's apparenty that Marvel is doing the same for the MCU. A bit more colour wouldn't be that bad but I guess it has something to do with how colours work on cameras

why shouldn't she have fans? I only heard that newer renditions are supposed to be bad

>WW has good story and writing
lets not say something we can't take back.

No carol's been a shit show from start to finish but sometimes she's been hilarious over just plain shit. Wonder Woman almost has the same flaw but she has a few real gems in the 80-90's.

athletes wearing leotards is actually very easy to defend

>I kinda wish they had gone with the half shaven head like Dormer in the Hunger Games.

Get out

>Needs citation

Because obviously blatant bias.
Same people calling best Superman movie where a guy orders to literally shoot down 3 hellicarriers above citizen's heads without any hesitation before or really mentioning it after.

Different times, user. 1st wave feminists werent afraid of their own sexuality.

>still unable to deal with it

I'll give the Wonder Woman this credit, by setting the movie in WW1 and holding up Diana's outfit in comparison to London's conservatively-dressed women, it gave SJWs a viable target to shift their ire - from the negative perception of Diana's outfit being for the "male gaze" to the positive perception of Diana's outfit being a rejection of the patriarchal restrictions and misogynist norms.

James Cameron was absolutely right, going from the actually strong female characters of the 70s, 80s, 90s who weren't particularly sexy (lets face it, Signorney Weaver and Linda Hamilton weren't especially handsome women) to a supermodel in a bikini isn't much progress. But modern-day feminists cheered Diana on anyways and tossed one of their strongest allies under the bus for daring to point out the hypocrisy.

Having said all that, I truly prefer Carol's current costume over her old Ororo-stealing design. The *costume*, note you. I wish they would give her long hair back, and stop drawing her with a masculine build, but the costume itself I do like and some artists can handle it well.

(Adams manages to make her look good, with womenly curves, wavy hair to minimize the visual disinterest of the short hair, and heaven forbid a character be shown *happy* these days)

>I don't get why so many Marvelfans hate on the DCEU for making the suits so dark when it's apparenty that Marvel is doing the same for the MCU
I know it sounds like I'm saying "its okay when Marvel does it", but the appeal of Marvel is the more fucked up setting where its not outer space monsters but straight up assholes who make everything worse while thinking they're fixing everything. while the appeal of DC is much more virtuous heroes who represent human ideals to be inspired by.
making DC more like Marvel is boring. making Marvel more like DC is also boring. because you're just blending and splitting the different until everything is too samey and there's no alternatives left that scratch your itch.

Because 20 million people die if he doesn't shoot them down you fucking dumbass.
It's a thing called "having priorities".

Nice blog post, woman.

But actual Superman would not make that choice, he'd look for a way to not hurt anyone.

Its the same deal as DC fans perceiving hypocrisy over the civilian deaths in the Avengers movie while bemoaning the mass-casualties of the Man of Steel movie.

The thing is, its apples and oranges. My expectations from the Avengers team is simply different than my expectations of Superman. DC characters are a modern-day pantheon while Marvel characters are just a bunch of little humans doing the best they can. I expect much more from the kryptonian boy scout than I do from the repenting war profiteer. Thats not hypocrisy, that different characters being held to their personal standards and capabilities.

I'm not sure how you took my bashing modern feminists and preferring Carol have curves as a likely sign of my being a girl. But it was a bit long so I dont blame you for not actually reading it.

There were over a lake you dumbass.

that's pretty sad considering the cool backstory (haven't read the comics but read the background etc which sounded neat). I hope fans are at least in for a treat when it comes to the movie. I'm afraid it will be full of quips though

I never understood that comparison. I get that you can like the old superman movies due to the bright atmosphere etc but saying the DCEU is shit because Superman is not as in the old movies is plain wrong. If we're being picky, the DCEU Superman is a lot more careful than the one in the old movies. Nevertheless, I hate people who have to compare everything anyway. I'll even take an evil Superman if the script is great, which MoS's script was to me (except for the tornado scene).

well, that's a very good argument but the problem is that normies most of the time try to state the exact opposite. I love the Iron Man movies (IM1 is one of my favourite cape movies) but why nobody wants to realise that he has turned into an even worse and selfish douchebag is beyond me. the guy literally created Ultron out of ignorance and smugness

that's why Civil War made no sense for me in the movie universe. they should have emphasised the Avengers being a threat way more than they did. I can't think of anything that wasn't their own fault except for Hydra. The Avengers are literally not heroes but a threat to society which tries to right their own mistakes

Remember this flops? They tried dressing WW up. It didn't stick. No one liked it. Very few feminists did. Not enough to make a difference, at least.

No one really cares what Carol wears, so long as it isn't OP's stripper fetish fuel.

WW is too iconic. Carol is not.

Cap isn't fucking Superman in terms of powerset.

And any Superman writer who does adhere to the "find a better way" Mary Sue bullshit while he takes negligent risk just to keep blood off his selfish hands can go fuck themselves.

>tossed one of their strongest allies under the bus for daring to point out the hypocrisy.
Who?

>And any Superman writer who does adhere to the "find a better way" Mary Sue bullshit while he takes negligent risk just to keep blood off his selfish hands can go fuck themselves.
So, good writers then

man, this always bothered me about Superman critics

>SUPERMAN WOULD TRY AND FIND A WAY TO BENEFIT EVERYONE
>HE WOULD SAVE EVERYONE!!!!!

how come none of you realise that exactly that kind of shit has almost ALWAYS been bad writing and pretty much a deus ex machina kind of thing? Smallville is the best kind of example for that

>Clark gets into an impossible scenario
>has to save two people at once
>doubts himself
>wants to save both but isn't fast enough to do it
>suddenly IS able to be fast and save both people

that's what choices are about, actually making compromises and sacrifices, not saving everyone in order to have a perfect happy ending. and exactly that problem has been the reason for plebs not wanting to get into Superman. They always think he's perfect whereas the stories that portray him as imperfect have always been the best ones

Superman should ALWAYS be a boyscout type of guy with thoroughly good intentions but he should never be perfect

>superman is more careful
>fucking bashes a warlord through 4 walls because Lois, without thinking of the consequences

these are correct.

you are a retard who probably loves Rey from The Force Awakens

Superman's whole point is that he want to protect everyone, and he might fail in trying to do so, but he'd still try. If you don't want that in your movie, don't write the movie.

how could he have done it instead? genuinely want to know. also, remember that he does not have speedforce

you said it, he TRIES to protect anyone but people were bothered that in MoS, he WASN'T able to protect anyone even though he obviously was

Unable to deal with what? bad writing, yeah it blows carol's worse but not by enough for me to say ww isn't one of dc's worst iconic characters.

Take him away?
Remove his gun?
Remove Lois?
He's fast enough to do any of these.

I love Tony precisely because he is such a flawed human being.

He was always been such in the comics from his very creation. Stan Lee said this of Tony:

>I think I gave myself a dare. It was the height of the Cold War. The readers, the young readers, if there was one thing they hated, it was war, it was the military....So I got a hero who represented that to the hundredth degree. He was a weapons manufacturer, he was providing weapons for the Army, he was rich, he was an industrialist....I thought it would be fun to take the kind of character that nobody would like, none of our readers would like, and shove him down their throats and make them like him....And he became very popular.

He quickly turned around and became a fairly generic superhero personality throughout the 60s but started to go back to being less of an ideal icon in the mid- to late-70s (demon in the bottle, obviously a big one) For me the turning point for his relationship with other heroes was the first Armor Wars when Tony realized how many tech-users in marvel were using his stolen designs and decided to go around disabling all starktech. The problem is, he took an absolutist approach and went to Project Pegasus to disable all the Guardsmen armors. Guardsman armors that he'd sold to the government and was being used properly. Armors being used to guard the supervillain inmates being kept at Pegasus at the time. His actions resulted in a breakout and coming to odds with Cap trying to tell him his intentions were good but he was way overreacting to the situation.

Thats Tony. He thinks he knows better than everyone else, and if his guilt-laden personality feels responsible for something his first instinct is to take a sledgehammer to the problem to resolve immediately and decisively, no matter the harm caused on the way. Its a very short-sighted mentality, a very flawed mentality. And I love it because its more real that flawless demigods

Wonder Woman had an Auschwitz surviving, Israeli beauty pagaent winning, palestinian-kiling army jew as the lead. there was no way (((anyone))) would even dare speak against or criticise the chosen Justice league-er

>The new costume looks better.

Not a chance.

Joss Whedon IIRC

>you are a retard who probably loves Rey from The Force Awakens
Oh no!

The one in the middle is the worst. The other two look beautiful

>uniform
You're a faggoty normie piece of shit. FACT.

SJWs are antisemitic

That thing looked good in the 90s, now it looks tacky.

Critics aren't

I wish there was a Superman who just wears a speedo because he's fucking Superman and no one can tell him what to do.

James Cameron. He effectively invented the female action hero with Aliens and Terminator 2.

Modern feminists must always have new conquests or else their movement collapses, as a side-effect of that mindset its then difficult for them to acknowledge past successes. Polls to liberals reveal a belief that sexual and racial relations are worse today than they were in the 1950s. Thats insane, but its also partially true now precisely because of their own propaganda.

Him too. For different reasons, obviously. Acrimonious divorce, ex-wife says he was sleeping around with starlets while using her and their marriage as feminist cover. We dont know if its true, due to the nature of the allegations if Whedon defends himself it'd only looks like he is attacking feminism itself so the wife painted him into a corner on that one. But they had decided to turn on Whedon awhile back, they hated his handling of Black Widow in Avengers2, ignoring the fact of ScarJo's pregnancy prevented him from doing much with Widow for safety of the baby. They saw it as diminishing her role so he must be a misogynist.

phew, i loves me so thick Carol and I like that costume. but I really do prefer the new uniform.

I suspect the uniform gets lumped in with associated sins that are only tangentially related to the uniform itself. It looks good when its drawn on a curvy Carol. It looks good when that godawful helmet isn't used, and when she is drawn with longer hair. But the combination of butch carol in that uniform ends up turning everyone off, including fans of the uniform in and of itself.

removing lois would have probably hurt her pretty bad

you are right on all accounts. unfortunately, all of those things not being properly portrayed in the movies made me hate the character by the time Age of Ultron came out. He's an outright cocky asshole but he just isn't consistent anymore. One moment, he doubts himself and in the next one, he is trying to lecture Spider-Man on how he should run things. Maybe he's supposed to be hypocritical all the time but it just doesn't make for a decent character when there is literally no consistent character development

>sells weapons to military
>feels remorse
>stops selling weapons to military
>makes tons of robots in Iron Man 3
>feels bad about it and destroys them
>literally makes Ultron in his next movie appearance

I wish they would just kill him off on a good note and be done with it. they really shit on his character in the movies, damn

No one complains about Namor. But God forbid a woman wears something as revealing.

Reed complains, if that counts.

Superman isn't a woman though. Also, Namor wearing only a speedo has a reason

Anyone have the page from Hickman Avengers of Namor basically saying he'll cuck Reed if he doesn't treat his wife better?

No it doesnt. Literally no one in his kingdom dresses like that. It's like if Trump decided one day to only wear a Speedo for the rest of his life.

your point being? it would totally fit Trump, considering he's an egomaniac. Namor is an asshole too so he does what he wants

Superman dressing like that makes no sense because he's not a douche who doesn't give a shit about what other people think about him. cmon man, you're not putting any thought into this

Tell me, do you understand the iconography of it? Seriously. Simple question with a simple answer.

I feel like most of you nufags seem to not understand the importance of that outfit. TO be fair, many old fags don't either it seems. But I doubt you can tell me why that outfit isn't just a fucking unitard.

Do Martians even have dicks?

Not to his people. Namor literally has no reason to let it all hang out, but we're getting off topic. The point is that in comics guys are sexualized just as much as women, if not more.

He does that every time when he doesn't have OP supersuperaccurate-superspeed like in Dark Knight Returns, Earth One, Smallville, etc.

They're shapeshifters, they can if you want.

But do they naturally? And why doesn't he just Ken himself so that he can be naked?

Because that would be weird.

He's a green guy from Mars.

I take it you don't know the answer to: It's because it's a nod to Shazam, the original Captain Marvel family. The sash and the lightening bolt are nods to that original iconography.

Yeah, and? You're not a racist are you?

well obviously. no need to get angry over it though because SJWs never read comics to begin with. just ignore those fucks

>tfw they complain about the women wearing light clothing and having unrealistic body types (mainly tits)
>men in comics often don't wear shirts
>in order to look like men in comics you literally have to get on MASSIVE amounts of steroids in real life and stick to a hardcore training and nutrition regime, practically a thousand times harder than going to the doc to get bigger tits

From where I am from we call them Miggers.

This costume is boring garbage. It's only appealing because of the parts NOT covered in costume.

The black swimsuit was always shit, the best Ms. Marvel costume was the version Moonstone used.

I agree but ONLY because you're right

>Signorney Weaver wasn't an especially handsome women
She's not especially curvy, but she's always had a certain appeal about her. There were different standards for attractive female celebrities 30-40 years ago. I remember quite appreciating her in Avatar even. She seems to have generally aged well, but it's not like I've been checking up on her appearance really either.

Let's not forget there was that entire joke about the sex appeal character in Galaxy Quest. Though I don't know if they had to have her "cheat" for that.

>Another child doesn't understand the significance of the design.

Trying to appeal to feminists is like trying to appeal to a landmine, it doesn't matter what you do it's still going to explode when you touch it.

Nobody cares. Its was shit then and its shit now. No kid is gonna go to the theatre and look at that stripper getup and go" Huh, nice tribute to something I dont care about"

yet WW almost did as good as spider-man 10.

Stop baiting. I fucking hate this place. Can't we just ban faggots who say shit like "no one cares". Why are you here other than to start shit?

I can guarantee you didn't even scroll up to see the reason.

user. 80% of the poeple that would go to see this movie would likely be youths. Theyre not gonna get the reference so why waste an entire movie making it. Its common fucking sense that a movies premiere isnt gonna be sold off nostalgia. Coral just looks better in her new outfit and thats all there is to it

Subtle enough that I accept that as worthwhile bait. You're okay user. Even if you're a baiting faggot who likes a terrible iteration of an already terrible character.

>OP's stripper fetish fuel.
Why do people associate leotards with strippers exactly? Have you been to a strip club before? Even if you haven't, you gotta recognize that the point of it is for the woman to take their clothes off quickly or seductively, and sometimes on a pole. You can't do that in leotard. Honestly I don't think there's a woman alive who can take off a leotard seductively.

>stripper getup

There it is

Next time instead of wasting time pretending a costume is "boring" just admit that you're a stuck up prude right away, it'll save everybody time

these literal faggots and fat hairy-assed chicks don't go to strip joints. They see them on CW when the girls wear bathing suits and dance to 3 Doors Down.

>hurr child
Yeah sure because a black swimsuit is sooo exciting. It even has a lightening symbol on it!

It looks like what a kid would draw for their first superhero in crayon.

It's a nod to the original Captain Marvel design you fucking dweeb.

Either you know that and are baiting or you're too young/ignorant to be posting here. Go make a facts page on instagram. Seems more your speed.

the point is that costume needlessly objectifies the woman's body.

So all gymnasts are just strippers?

>One is an archetypical Greek/Amazon warrior woman outfit.
>The other is a crotch-destroying latex swimsuit that the audience is supposed to take seriously.

You are as dumb as trunksfags.