Untitled

;(

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/10/3/16400510/fema-puerto-rico-hurricane
google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/administration/353337-general-overseeing-puerto-rico-relief-this-is-the-worst-ive-ever-seen?amp
fema.gov/blog/2017-09-29/overview-federal-efforts-prepare-and-respond-hurricane-maria
archive.fo/Y9uWC.
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the issue? Why are they mad at me? Is this a Kelly comic?

?

>;(
Triggered.

>that background
Shameless edit

>@SaveTheChildren

>See these cartoon characters you grew up with? They're mad at YOU specifically because the president isn't doing enough for Puerto Rico!

I wonder if they're aware of the fact that it's some mayor and a workers strike that's holding up aid. Oh who am I kidding, they wouldn't care even if they knew.

And here we have user taking absolutely everything personally, like he always does

Damn. This #woke me up.

I had no idea until this week that Puerto Rico was an American state.
I always thought it was its own country.

While the situation with the truckers is bullshit it doesn’t change the fact that the US government has been slow as fuck to provide adequate aid compared to if this happened on the mainland.

>european education

It’s not a state it’s a commonwealth.

It's a colony, not a state.

>Puerto Rico slammed by hurricane
>Cry to the US
>Cuba slammed by hurricane
>Start fixing up their own country

>"b-but PR is only an American territory!!"
Doesn't mean they can't be somewhat self-reliant. And they're not self-reliant at to the slightest degree.

Don't pretend that's not exactly what that picture wants to say.

It's not a state, but it is a US-owned territory and Puerto Ricans are American citizens. They can't vote without going to the mainland, though.

Same here.
I guess its like Hawaii and Alaska, being a freak state?

Nigga there are people across the US who believe this.

t. Puerto Rican

Wait, why are they upset? Even the Washington Post knows Puerto Rico is not Real America.

One of them is in the Oval Office!

Only 50% of Americans know PR is a US state

Yeah because Texas and Florida were so self-sufficient when they were slammed by hurricanes and didn’t ask for outside aid. And the reason Cuba isn’t asking for aid is because they have no one to ask. If they had someone to ask they would. They’re just fucked.

the other 50% are correct. it's a territory

The point of that headline is to show that the people in Puerto Rico ARE American, how did you misread it so badly?

I'm honestly convinced the reason his response to Puerto Rico was so half-assed is because he genuinely believed it was a foreign country and therefore none of his business.

Kek you have no idea what you’re talking about. Keep on scarfing down every single turd of a thought Trump shits out.

Damn..... powerful stuff

Don't be obtuse, user. If a New Yorker was stranded in Florida, no newspaper would refer to him as "stranded American".

Nah that faggot is from New York which is PR central and had a golf course project on the island. He knows. He’s just a piece of shit.

It's a commonwealth, not a state.

Well it’s not like you bring mch to the table. I mean what did you give us, a street gang setting knockoff of Romeo and Juliet? Gabby Rivera? Big whoop.

Satan can literally be fucking pr and it still wouldn't justify such a cringy and pathetic picture.

Puerto Rico is not a state, it is a commonwealth and short of overstepping the executive branch there isn't anymore the president can do. How about the corrupt assholes actually start distributing aid instead of grandstanding for the cameras?

>you

As much as Hawaii brings to the table along with decades of pharmaceutical companies and others getting Big tax write-offs. What kind of faggot question is this?

I don't like Hawaii though. Alaska at least has oil.

That's because everyone knows Florida is in America but clearly not even knows Puerto Rico is part of America, so the headline is made specifically to get people to know that once they read it- as you'll notice from the subtitle as well as the rest of the article how Puerto Rico is being equated with America itself. Are you going to pretend it was always common knowledge like everyone knew PR is American? Look at this fucking thread. Look at the fucking president.

That’s completely bullshit. The speed of aid arriving was molasses. The SS Comfort was still docked in Virginia days after the storm while people were desperate for medical aid. There’s a clear dissonance between how the situation is being described by the general in charge of the situation and the White House. Being a commonwealth doesn’t impair the speed that aid can be given.

Puerto Rico isn't part of America, there is a kefuffle every couple years about it and it's decided to keep it not part of America.

Well no one gives a shit what you like or don’t like.

>Puerto Rico isn't part of America
It has been since the 1910’s.

It is not the job of the Washington Post to do geographical activism. They apologised and changed the headline. Apparently, the only person in this planet too autist not to see that the headline is inappropriate is you.

>you
What American territory are you from, user?

Tomorrow, Breitbart posts the headline "human being stranded in black ghetto".
I assume you'll defend them, too? They're just doing some activism.

It's a commonwealth the same as the US Virgin Islands or the Solomon Islands, it is not a state nor does it have any of the benefits as a state and trade and aid is treated like with a foreign nation for the most part.

No it hasn't, it's not a state.

>it is not a state nor does it have any of the benefits as a state and trade and aid is treated like with a foreign nation for the most part.

That’s untrue.
>google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/10/3/16400510/fema-puerto-rico-hurricane

You’re either b8ing or are stupid. It’s a commonwealth as plenty of other people have pointed out.

>vox
And there's a delay because it's questionable if it's even legal for that.

Well yeah you can just drive to places on the mainland
Puerto Rico is an island so you can't do that

Since when do foreign nations get aid from FEMA?

You know why the general is there? There was multiple reports of ineptitude and corruption.

>geeentexting about news sources and spouting shit without providing any sources of your own

No, he’s a millitary liaison from FEMA

google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/administration/353337-general-overseeing-puerto-rico-relief-this-is-the-worst-ive-ever-seen?amp

Well how many has he really seen

But the actual requisition of aid by the government took too long regardless of where it was going.

Too long compared to what

You're stupid and wrong
And so are you the aid is getting there fine fema.gov/blog/2017-09-29/overview-federal-efforts-prepare-and-respond-hurricane-maria

Ms. Diaz seems to be skipping meetings and handing out campagin t-shirts though archive.fo/Y9uWC.

Why don’t you ask him or look it up nstead of being a contrarian faggot on a Korean Pottery Fansite?

Do you have his cell phone number

>the aid is getting there fine
That’s completely untrue. The anount of Time it took to requisition and send the aid compared to what was possible took way too long.

>look it up

You're being kind of rude

>compared to what was possible

How do you know this?

At that point you are going to have to get on a volunteer boat yourself because the Jones act has been waived and there's not enough hands on the ground to distribute, well there are just the truckers decided to strike as helping out is too hard.

At one point you have to acknowledge the government isn't a magical girl caplbe of banishing blight with unlimited money. Puerto Rico is getting on it's feet, pretending to be the kind and caring master to his slave isn't going to help.

Nigger gave you two articles sourcing himself about the aid, and your response is "no ur wrong". Fucking hell I hate Sup Forumsmblr.

I dont understand. Why do the Simpsons creators want me to feel glad that Puerto Rico is suffering?

It is an unincorporated territory but Puerto Ricans are citizens of the United States. It is a complex situation emerging from complex history, but long story short they are Americans without federal participation and a degree of regional autonomy.

t. crisis logistics expert

>simpsons with stern looking faces holding a cuban flag
>crying lisa in the front

Jesus christ, this looks like an actual parody, something some teenager made on deviantart, or some april fools prank. This is embarrassingly bad and it's 100% real and serious, holy shit.

>cuban flag
You aren't even trying.

On Sup Forums perspective what happen was very good

Is it really that big a deal that someone thinks you're supposed to be upset that PR is getting fucked over

Compared to the magic lamp that solves all problems instantly that is never used since every disaster always takes too long to resolve.

But the POTUS didn't get a flight there day 1 to say hello instead of prioritising aid flights either, so he personally doesn't care.

It's hard to have sympathy for PR when they reject state status every other fucking year, for no real reason other than some idiotic, misled notion of civic pride in their own national identity. Then when they realize they can't stand on their own, they pretend it's somehow the US's fault they're an island in the middle of hurricane alley.

The Redpill on this is that the Local Government would lose a lot of power in statehood.

Is the devil shooped in there? It's gotta be.

Why is Cyborg Mr. Burns there?

>because the president isn't doing enough for Puerto Rico!

people would of done this regardless of orange twitter god's response. you knob

UNA
VELA

No, he's from an early treehouse of horror episode.

They just used the generic "bunch of simpsons characters" image that they used to sell as posters since actually having to draw the characters individually would be too difficult.

This is a fake image that op made and all of you are retards.

Best post /thread

Solomon Islands isn't part of the States, idiot.