Rick and Morty Finale

Why was it so bad? That's the right opinion...right? That it was bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JewKH5ugU6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought it was hilarious, personally.

I think the show runners knew this season overall was crappy. Beth's season 1 line at the end gave it away

He fought the wrong president.

S3 is where they stop moving the story and instead they reserved plots and characters from before and added nothing to the global lore. It entered the sitcom phase, basically.

Haha, all those dead security people. So funnay!

It got bad the moment they show a t-rex as a stripper.

Nah I liked it. People just had crazy expectations.

It actually makes complete sense considering the first episode. Think about how the first ended, galactic government and council crumbled and rick was king of the castle. By the end of the episode rick is actually at his lowest point: government has a Phoenix person council is now ran by a morty that's purging ricks (if he kills the infinite rick, that's the only thing that actively matters), and Jerry is back to being head of the household. Rick failed, even if he isn't aware of everything yet.

What I don't get is why rick stayed. My only guess is morty, but that wasn't suggested at all.

It was awesome. Only normalfags think S3 was bad.

Nah it was great.

Sucks how Rick 2.0 morty has become. He didn't even flinch when an innocent guard died instantly in front of him. I miss the naive but kind-hearted morty. He was funnier and relatable. Now everyone has to be some nihilist philosopher.

In what way was it bad? It was genuinely great. It gave all the characters arcs and put them back where it wanted them for next season. I thought it was very satisfying.

Because Beth was a clone so her getting back with Jerry didn't matter. Because Rick likes his Morty. Because he probably didn't find a suitable universe to replace himself with yet. And because he knows nothing about the citadel.

In the end, Rick can easily take over everything again. If not, he can just universe jump. He realizes it doesn't matter in the end and eventually he'll be taken down, like he told Beth. Even the smart people fall--especially the smart people because they realize nothing matters and they can use their smarts to take power.

The correct opinion is that Rick and Morty has always been bad.

It would have been a pretty good episode as just another one in the series, but as a finale? It was a wet fart. It's almost as if they just lumped the end of the season on to an otherwise innocuous episode because they realised halfway through that they had run out.

Beth getting back with Jerry and the family reuniting feels a bit unearned to me.

Like, I get it, it makes sense within the context of the episode and the characters, it just feels like it happened too fast. Especially after a couple episodes ago, Morty and Summer's contempt for Jerry seemed to be pretty much absolute.

Good Half of season 3 > season 1 > season 2 > bad half of season 3

I think the writers figured out at the end that the Jerry Beth stuff is the worst part of the show and decided to reset without the drama. I'm ok with that.

The other bad thing about this season is the HUGE amount of it barely having rick and morty adventures. 2 were anthologies, 2 were Beth and Jerry episodes. 1 was pickle rick. Very little actual rick and morty doing shit.

Loved it as an episode. as a season finale it wasnt that great because ONCE AGAIN, Jerry fucking ruined it

Poor story structure and unsatisfying climax.

>Rick vs President and Morty was into it. >Suddenly, Morty wants no part of it when it was his suggestion to bail is what sets it off.
>Summer is literally a prop
>Hailed as the darkest season
>Family is back together now despite there being 0 build up.

Ending is pic related

I liked a lot.

Wait, I thought that was Fisherman Rick who appeared? Original Rick didn't stay

between rick becoming a god that can resolve any problem without risk and s3 arcs getting abrupt anti-climatic resolutions in order to return everything to the status quo, ive lost interest in any potential conflict the show may have, since any conflict either has no risk or will just get resolved without any actual climax or release of tension. theres no reason to pay attention to or care about what happens anymore

>but its a lighthearted comedy

even lighthearted comedies have plots. its plots that attach people to a show; not comedy, not action, not sex, not special effects. those things might be necessary depending on the genre, but they are secondary to the plot itself, and if the plot is bad, those other things will not save it. i cant speak for anyone else but im honestly really disappointed in all of this. i wish they had just kept the show as episodic wacky adventures instead of wasting time on a bunch of pointless arcs just to throw them away. it leaves me with a jaded feeling, like theres no reason to even watch it since nothing on screen matters anymore. i guess saying this makes me autistic or something, but yeah. im just really let down desu

They shot themselves in the foot with the Citadel episode, I really didn't think a President Morty confrontation would live up to the hype and of course if it was anything other than that it would have been hailed as garbage. Possibly a good episode but I'm not sure, I was distracted by the ass bouncing on my dick at the time

Considering how previous finales worked out, this was disappointing. As Rick and Morty is known for its clever writing and handling of sci-fi.

This was the Family Guy chicken fight extended and the whole broken family plot resolved without earning the right to resolve it.

What they should have done is switch this finale with the Citadel episode and this season would have been well received.

Too late for that. Doesn't help that Harmon lied about Eyepatch Morty showing up at the finale.

The only good thing about the finale was the dino-stripper.

This is true, Ricklantis would have been a fantastic finale

No accounting for taste, I guess.

yes that is what the Sup Forums hivemind has decided, yes.

>Harmon lied about Eyepatch Morty showing up at the finale.
He never said that, matpatfag.

If you have to be told what to like and dislike, or have your opinions validated by strangers on the internet, you're doing it wrong.

Rick just borrowed Jerry's hat and pretended to be a different Rick to smooth things over with the president.

You don't think that even morty would eventually become numb to killing? Think of all the crazy shit he's been though thus far.

That was definitely a rick and morty finale
i appreciate how despite Rick's talk about infinite timelines and infinite realities, he stays with the family. I guess along with his fear of pirates his biggest weakness is that he can't really say no to his daughter.
I also enjoy how not even rick can avoid punishment
>Citadel, which he tried to destroy is now run by a morty hellbent on killing him
>The family that rick tore apart is now reunited and stronger than ever
Everything he set out to accomplish failed
also there was a dino stripper
i liked that

It's shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=JewKH5ugU6s

The dinosaur stripper was the best thing to come out of the episode, honestly. Possibly even the entire season.

I cringed hard at the libertarian rhetoric that Morty threw at the president when he was sperging about him being a civil servant who's working for him or some shit, he's so unbelievably out of character.

that's literally what it is tho
morty doesn't even believe that shit it was just banter

...the whole point was that it's a ridiculous thing to say, something a retarded 13 year old would "because he learned about it in school". It's meant to be cringe inducing, it's meant to suggest that said rhetoric is pathetic.

Rickfags are just mad that Rick got shit on, even though he was getting shit on all throughout the season.
It also proved that Jerry is Rick's anti-thesis.

>Rick, despite being a genius will never ever get what he wants
>Jerry is a complete fucking retard, and has everything a man could ever want

It didn't just break the 4th wall, it recycled the bricks to build a reddit server room.

You have to be really dumb to watch the next season is all I will say. It's literally identical to what happened before
>rick appears defeated
>end seasons
>new season
>hahaha a-a-all according to k-kekaiku, Morty
Beth is a clone, Rick is doing the longcon, again. Could this shit be any more formulaic?

what if I just watch it for the comedy and not the lore
would that still be dumb

There is nothing libertarian about what he said.

thisanyone who actually cares about the lore behind rick and morty is fucking stupid
quite literally missing the forest for the trees

Rick doesn't want to feel trapped.

>Hates the council of Ricks
>Hates the government
>Basically broke Beth and Jerry up
>Abandoned Beth at a young age
>Couldn't sustain a relationship with Unity

I see what they were doing this season, by exploring Beth, Jerry, other Rick realities(The Ricklantis Mixup). I feel they themselves feel obligated to initiate an arching story over the series, but having fun one off episodes at the same time. They are teetering between an actual canonical universe, but want that "Treehouse of Horror" feel.

I'm way to fucking lazy to explain but I will say, this season wasn't AS good as it was thought to initially be, but in no means was bad. I was able to stomach each episode more than once, even Pickle Rick. I feel the seasons lowest point was The ABC's of Beth because it was the most forced story to give Beth some depth. I feel Froopyland should have been a 1-2 minute segment, and then explored Beth's other childhood toys. Season 3's best episode for me was none other than The Vindicators 3. I loved the fun they poked at superhero teams with Million Ants and Crocbot. I also loved that they showed how accustomed Morty has become to Rick's behavior. Overall, the best part of that episode is Morty's confidence that Rick loves him only to find out that the ride was designed for Noob Noob. It seems Rick has a soft spot for those that unconditionally enjoy him.

tl;dr Season 3 has forced story, but like its previous 2 seasons the subplots are great as well.

What's up with all the characters being like Rick now. It's like they wanted to develop the characters but forgot to give us a reason why they changed.

I didn't watch the show and never will. However I have to point something out.

There is no such ting as a right or wrong opinion. The very nature of opinon is that it is personal and based entirely on the preference and perspective of the person forming said opinion.

So while most of us may indeed feel that having a small German woman shit on your chest is disgusting, there are those who love it. And it is their right to do so. Thereis no rightor wrong opinion, because either side is acceptable to the people forming them. See what I mean?

If you didn't like the show, then it is indeed the right opinion because its your own.

I liked Ricklantean Mixup mainly because I have a thing for vignette episodes, like Tales of Basing Se

>What they should have done is switch this finale with the Citadel episode and this season would have been well received.
>only good episode in the entire season
>written by a man
gee hard to believe

i watched it for the amount of weird shit they could fit in.
BUT NO big mouth has done more in one season with only one universe than randm in 3

I hope Beth is a clone and we get to have both versions of Beth exist at the same time. "Good" Beth and "Evil" Beth.

"I know I'm related to your daughter but I don't relate TO HER!"