Rwby

Why does 4chins hate this show so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQLiOGWrys8
dailymotion.com/video/x5sbk97
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why does 4chins hate this show so much?

That’s sort of like asking why more people don’t like eating shit.

Because Monty Oum got to live their dream of taking his imaginary waifus and making his own successful anime out of them. He then proceeded to find a girl willing to dress as his waifus.

And then he died.

Killing and mutilating waifus just to have a "darker" tone. It's unforgivable!

Monty was such an edgy fool I half suspect he planned it himself just so he could go out early like all "tragic artists".

But Weiss isn't dead or mutilated.

Because it really isn't very good.

take your pic

>really shit voice acting
>fight scenes suck, even when monty was alive
>plot is dogshit
>characters all look creepy as fuck
>animation sucks
>soundtrack sucks
>mutilates characters to try & make you care
>she almost immediately recovers with a robo arm

I could probably go on

I wish at some point whenever something is thrown off-screen its followed by Blake or Neon yelling in pain depending on the location.

This is why I can't get invested, I feel like once a character is liked enough then the show will find some way to fuck you.

You don't like Jaune-the-not-self-insert or Neptune-am-i-cool-enough-yet-Kara getting all the spotlight in RWBY and Chibi respectively?

Perhaps he made one of those demonic contracts and got his life cut in half for it.

If Monty "wore cosplay to work at a desk for 47 hours straight" had signed a deal with the devil, RWBY would be even edgier than it was in V3.

It's popular despite its mediocrity.
It's "western made anime", and presenting that to a site for weebs who put anime on a high pedestal is just going to annoy them. Then it being popular, especially among "certain circles" encourages contrarians to act like they need to voice their discontent and encourage others to join in on their discontent, instead of just ignoring it.
I like it, though not as much as people who go into generals for it or whatever, and I'm not going to back-off and say it isn't good in its own right, however, that kind of thing makes people feel like they have to "admit" it's not good or be dismissed.
Yeah, you can talk about what sucks and what doesn't, but at the end of the day, it's because it's popular that it's outright hated instead of being something people just ignore.

Like Neo Yokio, and the people who were more vocal than they really needed to be about hating it just because it was "western anime" and because it was attached to big name, and easy target of ridicule, Jaden Smith.

TL;DR: Its actual quality may cause people to dislike it, but popularity, contrarianism, and being a "disgrace" to the pedestal of anime seeps into hatred.

Is Jaune x Ren official yet?

Only in our hearts.

Its anime, but not anime.

It anime. It belongs in Sup Forums.

>Looks like shit
>Story doesn't go anywhere
>Action is lifeless and stiff now
Literally the only reason people watch it is for shipping.
Soundtrack is pretty great though

Because it's complete garbage and I love and don't know why
kill me

I like it.

>successful

Wha?

>Soundtrack is pretty great though

Evanescence knockoff AMV tier shit.

It's ran for several years, is popular enough to have fans out of country, and merchandise sales are decent. Successful doesn't mean "GOAT" or "Cultural Milestone". Success means being able to pay the bills and have some money lef over.

So we're finally getting a first look at Volume 5.It's about time.

The half animal people only having one physical feature from their respective animal really triggers my autism for some reason.

can't wait for /rwbyg/'s return

How many animal features are enough? Two? Three?

I really wished that Yang fought with one arm, it would have shown that she can still kick ass even while handicapped.

Ah well, I supposed her taking the FMA route will be fine too.

Why is Blake so unlikable?

Also I really hope that RT's Trump hate doesn't work it's way into the writing.

Kinda hard to do that when you're living at home binge watch television. Who knows maybe one of her arms will break and will have to fight one handed.

I doubt that the arm will break, but hey, one can only hope.

>Why is Blake so unlikable?
Because her first instinct in the face of hardship is always to give up and mope until other people have to browbeat her into actually doing something about it.

Considering they're deep in the liberal hell hole of texas and have a ton of libcuck fans they're actually not all that bad with politics. They tend to stay out of them for the most part. At least from their stuff I've seen.

This, RvB didn't have a drop of politics in it this year

They didn't make Neo barefoot

Blake would be best girl if she had a cat tail but she only has ears so she’s shit.

>>she almost immediately recovers with a robo arm
To be fair, that wasn't even immediate. Luke getting an arm right after getting one loped off in Empire Strikes back was immediate. It took Yang a time skip and then some to get over her PTSD, another episode to get the arm, and the other half of the series to be willing to use it.
One thing they did well that season imo was avoid the usual fantasy "But then she got a cool robot one right after so everything's better.

writing is trash
animation is trash
voice acting is trash

eh, I like it

Same here. "I May Fall" and "I Burn" are some of the best tracks.

>"I Burn"
I randomly sing "come at me, and you'll see, im more than meeeets the eyeeeeee" to myself

"Kick my ass?" "I'm first class." "I'm Super Saaaiyan nooow!"

wait, what was this for?

>music sucks
Besides that, i agree.
also:
>direction sucks
>there are a lot of scenes that are down right retarded
>Characters getting killed before finishing their arcs.
The last one isn't "bad" per se, but they killed the only characters with an interesting arc.

>Why does 4chins hate this show so much?
Plagiarism

Just a thing for people to rate their waifus

who the fuck would ever like jaune? What quality could that self-centered whiny shitstain have that could possibly redeem him to that extent?

Hes good in vol3 and 4.

In 4 he was at his absolute worst.

Give the guy a break; his girl-friend disintegrated at the hands of a psychopath.

didnt phyrra willingly go and fight cinder? she could have ran and lived

Explain.

They were training to be heroes, and it wasn't in Phyrra's nature to run from a fight, even at the cost of her life. Still, Jaune hasn't fully adjusted to it.

Overhyped mediocrity the show
I do find it a guilty pleasure though.

honestly, I can no longer tell if I'm blindsided by the hype train or it just gives me something to watch or the rather annoying fandom.

So, who did V4 ruin more, character wise, Weiss or Blake?

Eh, I'd be surprised if they ever killed off any members of Team RWBY. Technically Nora is possible, but I didn't like Pyrhha that much, and Penny will probably be rebuilt at some point.

What about those 'troll' Reds and Blues in the last few episodes? Technically some of those statements could be political.

How to fix RWBY

No bad edge fag.

Neither actually, Blake has always been a shit character and Weiss has always been shown to be a little bitch to her family.

By no means would I call Phyrra his ex-girlfriend. Yes, they kissed once, but he never really expressed any sort of attraction towards her as more than a team-mate until it was too late. In a way, I understand that this makes it more tragic for him, because now he'll never know what they're life together could have held, but he can't just decide that her love for him means that his grief outweighs the rest of the team's. Throughout 4, he is self-centered about his grief. Nobody else gets a chance to develop how they cope or how phyrra's death truly affected them, because they constantly have to tip-toe around Jaune. For fuck's sake, Ruby was the one traumatized by watching Phyrra die. Ren and Nora were close to Phyrra too. But I guess since Phyrra didn't have a seemingly mostly one-sided attraction to them for the better part of a season and a half, their grief at losing their teammate doesn't matter as much.

Can RT be sued for false advertisement? Because the show looks nothing like that.

you're comparing a movie from the 80s where they had to worry about how much time they fit shit in a movie, and even then there's roughly a year's worth of time skip between the two episodes & the character is actually plagued by it more than Yang (hence his anger issues when he fights Vader later)

I could understand his grief if he blamed himself a little, or something. After all, Phyrra expressly told him to call Glynda to get help, but instead, he calls Weiss to whine and throw a fit. Or if he had just done as ozpin asked and kept watch, he would have seen cinder coming down in the basement, and the previous Fall's death could've been delayed enough for the soul transfer thing to be completed. But he didn't. He never listens, and then when he has to face the consequences, he does nothing but wallow in self-pity. He puts Qrow down after Qrow answers all of his questions and implies that he's no help, but Jaune has yet to show evidence of truly caring about anyone but himself through his actions.

It's weeagoth the show, is there anything more fitting than evanescence knockoff amv tier shit?

Pic unrelated, I think

Hard to say, but it did neither of them any favors; despite Weiss saying she wants to better the SDC, she makes to efforts to improve it, or do anything really, since leaving Beacon, while Blake still has the same shitty characteristics, she also has the whole "my parents are actually super important but this is the first time we're actually talking about it" thing.

If I had to pick, I had to say Blake, because her story is responsible for keeping make Sun shitty by association.

>Or if he had just done as ozpin asked and kept watch, he would have seen cinder coming down in the basement, and the previous Fall's death could've been delayed enough for the soul transfer thing to be completed.
That is arguable, since, all things considered he would've bought them a coule of seconds at best. Probably enough for Ozpin to intervine, but who knows, Ozpin's aptitude for the task at hand is questionable.
>yet to show evidence of truly caring about anyone but himself through his actions.
Well, he does immidietly get Qrow out of the way when Nuq arrives.

If he DOES blame himself for her death, then the writers should expressly say so. Further, he could do something healthy with his grief, like share it with his teammates, two of who were also on phyrra's team and one of who watched her die. His receding into a shell of "You can't understand my pain" and "I clearly have it worse than any of you because maybe if I had pulled my head out of my ass at any point in season 2(when not everything was always chaos and emotional turmoil) I could've hooked up with the girl I was ignoring in favor of this other girl who had no interest in me" paints him as self-absorbed asshole with no ability to empathize with the remains of the team he is supposed to have lead.

youtube.com/watch?v=HQLiOGWrys8

>no members of JN_R made the poster

back to the background you go

>3 sword slashes
>"ok jaune now you can rest"
This scene took me so off the moment that i couldn't watch the show for months

from what i see in this thread and some threads on Sup Forums its just some weebs and some retard with daddy problems i know the show is not the best thing out there but it is good no matter how much some guy freaks out and tells me its trash

Or he was there for a while.

I don't even give a fuck anymore, I want fucking Roman back.

no, the video resets and we see it's entire loop.
Phyrra made jaune a video telling him to do just 3 slashes and then a rest.
What the fuck.

If you want to watch a show about cute girls fighting, there are hundreds of different anime that do this better. Like Symphogear
dailymotion.com/video/x5sbk97

yea and most of them are shit

I don't know about this site but for me the only people I've seen outside in real life who like this show are stinky gassy neckbeards who still plays children's card games, fedora-wearers who unironically tips when they see you, entry pseudo-weebs who's only in it for the tits and self-insert anime with edgy shit, people who still like shitty shock humor toons made by YouTube animators, and people who wear cringy merch that no self respecting geek who knows how to contain his powerlevel would wear in public. Also the animation is just a notch better than Berserk (and that's not a compliment) and the voice acting is pretty painful. Plus their humor on the show is so Canadian it hurts my soul.

I recently watched the first volume and it's kind of a mess

The only character that was developed was Weiss and she wasn't even the focus
The characters are too strong for their age so how the hell are they going to progress
The villain just kind of showed up for the last episode
They just told us about Blake's terrorist group instead of showing us them
The final battle has 2 newly introduced characters fighting the villain while the main character watched
Why is a terrorist train robber allowed to go to high school

This is the closest to a Sup Forums thread, so I'll just say it.

Y'know what would be hilarious?
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle as a Switch/PC exclusive.

Also Yang had no reason to exist in this season, the voice acting was poor but also too quiet compared to the rest of the sounds, and the only time I enjoyed dialog was when Weiss was involved

The majority of everything is shit, what's your point?

I know, but I couldn't resist the urge to rant. This show and the people who like it suck.

to be fair, he used to be REALLY shit.

Trips confirm
Bites the dust is the only way

If only you had the self awareness to realize that people like you are far far worse than the ones you're describing. Really, ragging on people who in the grand scheme of things are harmless and defenseless, you're such a saint.

it seems you are assblasted about a show you dont watch that shit is sad

>Why is a terrorist train robber allowed to go to high school
Fuck, you reminded me of one of the biggest things that piss me off about Blakes character.
Almost everyone in Adam's part of WF hides their faces at least somewhat, expcet Blake. AND she uses one of a kind huntsman like weapon. How the FUCK, in a world filled with future magitec, clearly including surveillance camers, Blake didn't get arrested on the moment of entering any large enough city?
Hell, how the fuck any of the main AND secondary characters can travel even remotely discreatly, when entire fuckin world saw their faces?

RWBY seeks to emulate anime. Considering it's fucking terrible and most people only watch it for the waifus, I'd say it's emulated anime very well.

it's almost like they have a mask on

Upvoted
Liked
Subscribed

Also, I know that nobody inuniverse gives a shit about menagwhatever, but Belladoana should be still a pretty fuckin recognisable surname, considering its the same as leader of what is effectively the fifth kingodm.

This guy gets it