Milestone thread

Let's talk about Milestone. After reading Static I started reading the rest of Milestone and there really good. What were your favorite titles from Milestone ? Are you excited for the return of Milestone at NYCC ?

Kyle Baker is doing something with them, I'm interested in that only

At first I was excited for Milestone returning cause it meant more Static but after reading Icon, Blood Syndicate and a little bit of Hardware now I'm for all of the Milestone characters returning .

Blood Syndicate was good but I think the characters need to be fleshed out more especially Fade, Tech 9 and Mask .

Rip Dwayne mcduffie. Without you, Dc 's new52 static sucked and got cancelled

Dwayne McMduffie being died makes me worried that the new books won't be that good cause he wrote and created most of Milestone and he did a really job of writing.

>Kyle Baker
NICE!

I tried reading them but they were pretty crap. And their aggressive "fuck whitey" tone from the get go didn't help.

Agreed. Other writers don't get his style or his motives for the character

>I tried reading them but they were pretty crap. And their aggressive "fuck whitey" tone from the get go didn't help
The art and character designs aren't that good but it's not bad. and there is no anti white people in Milestone.

It's definitely bad. The dialogue reads very "how do you do fellow urban african american kids?", Static in particular has trash dialogue. Blood Syndicate literally has a character who's power is that the guns he shoots has unlimited ammo... that's so XTREME it hurts. And then the rest of the team is mostly super strength/invulnerability. Icon is actually pretty okay, the character is such a Superman rip off but whatever, Rocket's the more interesting part of the comic anyway. I doubt anyone actually liked Hardware. Anyway, there's some "white people stink" variation in all series in the first 1-2 issues.

Icon was my favorite book.

Milestone is how you do diversity right by creating original characters and not piggy backing on pre existing characters.

I hope Icon and Rocket get more screen time on the next season of Young Justice.

>and there is no anti white people in Milestone.

There was a subtle "fuck white people" vibe from at least Blood Syndicate. Can't say anything about the other books cause I've only read first issues mostly. There's a reason Static was such a hit, it wasn't hostile toward the biggest demographic in the business

Another one. And that was over 20 years ago, I can't imagine what Milestone 2.0 will be like now that openly hating white people is the new trend in media

I hope they don't have anti white people SJW stuff in new Milestone . One of the best things about Milestone is that even though it starred characters of color ,it wasn't anti white people.

What kind of titles will we see in Milestone 2.0 ?

Static, Icon , Blood Syndicate and Hardware will probably get books.

I've heard there will be new characters so they will probably get new books .

I hope we get another Milestone crossover with DC.

Man I love Icon's big cape .