Which was the better team book?

Which was the better team book?

Other urls found in this thread:

instocktrades.com/TP/DC/LEGION-BY-DAN-ABNETT-ANDY-LANNING-TP-VOL-01/JUN170405
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Uncanny X-Men.
Claremonts New Mutants was even better.

Uncanny spawned 3-4 spinoffs that last up to +5 years and from 94-201, it has been hailed as the best of the best.

What does NTT have?

muh cartoon

hasn't X-men also had a few of those? would probably have more if Disney wasn't being so aggressive.
Speaking of which, why doesn't FOX make an X-men primetime adult cartoon?

NTT and it's not even close.

Both aged like dogshit though. I was surprised to find that last year I could barely make it through Dark Phoenix Saga (which is already less interesting than Judas Contract).

>What does NTT have?
Three Stories that it cannot stop rehashing.

Judas Contract, Raven Going Evil, A TITAN DIES!.

>read through Claremont run for the first time
>a bunch of classic characters and some Indian stereotype I've never heard of
>told that some character will die next issue
>oh ok

I also like how Marvel didn't make it subtle since he's the only one not included in the floating heads thing

How is that even remotely as bad as the way the x-men were merciless milked in the 90's. There has literally never been a more creatively bankrupt series than the X-Men franchise.

At least TT had WAY less spinoffs so it took longer to get tiresome.

Legion

The correct answer.

>How is that even remotely as bad as the way the x-men were merciless milked in the 90's.
Because it actually lasted past the Eighties. Meanwhile NTT gets rightfully forgotten until the Cartoon.

What, you didn't like the Teen Titans series starring a de-aged Atom and a crew of nobodies?

Oh, so you just don't read comics. Gotcha.

Wolfman's highly acclaimed run lasted WELL into the 90's. Not to even mention his Deathstroke run.

And Peter David's Young Justice puts Wolfman to shame, and it was all 90's.

Geoff Johns' run is also quite good.

Stop talking about things you don't understand.

NTT is really overrated

I mean Judas Contract is probably the one people hail as the best yet it's where the book started to go downhill
The couple years leading up to JC were better

Young Justice has all of fuck all to do with Teen Titans.

>Wolfman's highly acclaimed run lasted WELL into the 90's
The quality started sliding since Perez left and it was downright terrible by the late 80s.

>Peter David's Young Justice
Not a Teen Titans, which is why it's fantastic.

And Johns' TT is only good if you have shit taste or have never read PAD's YJ. It's only good compared to other Titans runs, and is not good compared to Johns' other works.

>Wolfman's highly acclaimed run lasted WELL into the 90's. Not to even mention his Deathstroke run.
The Wolfman/PEREZ run is acclaimed.
And a Deathstroke solo is hardly a Teen Titans book.
>And Peter David's Young Justice puts Wolfman to shame, and it was all 90's.
Not Teen Titans, though better than any TT could hope to be.
>Geoff Johns' run is also quite good.
Everyone is entitled to like mediocre books.
Like me with Winick's Outsiders.

>Oh, so you just don't read comics.
Nah see, I just don't read shitty ones.

They're making a Deadpool adult cartoon, Donald Glover is attached to produce I believe

>Wolfman's highly acclaimed run lasted WELL into the 90's.
The book is a waste of time post-Judas Contract, the first volume is a classic and that's it
>Geoff Johns' run is also quite good.
This is what Titansfags actually believe.

>young justice doesn't count as teen titans

Bull fucking shit. Then X-Factor, X-Force, and all the other X-cancer doesn't count either.

Young Justice is explicitly not Teen Titans, Terror Titans is though

Those were explicitly spinoffs.

Young Justice was just a teen team.
Had any YJ members ever even been on a Teen Titans team?

In what fucking universe does Young Justice count as a Teen Titans besides the one in your head?

Teen Titans launched a shit load of literally who's

*As a Teen Titans team
Got ahead of myself

>Had any YJ members ever even been on a Teen Titans team?

Yes. Flamebird and Beast Boy.
But they were only in Young Justice for one issue as a B-Team.

Does Robin count if DC mandates that he be the leader of any teen team?

My favorite Teen Titans book is Superboy & The Ravers.

Claremont X-Men ≥ Legion of Super-Heroes >>>>> New Teen Titans

Superboy

The cartoon based on one ruined them forever, the other had a cartoon that immortalized them

This was meant to be in reply to

This, but with Claremont New Mutants separated and placed first.

Generic flighty pretty girl Anima will always trigger me something fierce.

>mfw people fell for the claremont meme

for what purpose

just read DnA legion dumbfucks

Anima not being used ever again will always trigger me something fierce

I'll read it when they finally get another book how about that? And the fuck is DnA? I keep seeing queers post it when talking about shit they pride themselves on being the only ones to read it.

>The original Prometheus quickly crippled Gunfire, and as Anima charged him, he teleported. The effect of the teleport cut Anima in half, killing her and leaving her legs on the streets of Gotham, and the rest of her in Prometheus' Ghost Zone.
Ouch.

Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (D and A)

They're writers, you self-righteous prick

>Dan Abnett
And like that my interest evaporates.

Hot damn, a book DID just come out!
instocktrades.com/TP/DC/LEGION-BY-DAN-ABNETT-ANDY-LANNING-TP-VOL-01/JUN170405

X-men. While individual characters like Dick and Wally are among my favorite comic characters of all time, Uncanny handled team dynamics very well. Both aged, but NTT most especially.

Either way, New Mutants combined and perfected both book's premises.

>one of the best writers currently working
>interest evaporates

You're awfully arrogant for someone with such poor judgment.

That's not an ongoing.

>only reads whatever is current

Jesus christ how much of an insufferable faggot can you be

>one of the best writers currently working
And you're awfully presumptuous for someone so who hasn't read much. He should stick to the 40k novels since that's clearly more his wheelhouse.

Your newfag is showing, friend.

No you're the one who wanted to misunderstand what I clearly meant by a "new book". Which is far more insufferable than than not caring about your favorite writer.

I don't care about his cosmic Marvel work and I'm not going to care about his Legion work. I gave him a chance and he provided me no reason to care about the rest of his writing career. And you can cry newfag all you want.

You seem to think that I have some interest in making your miserable life better.

I don't. I don't give a shit if you cheat yourself out of a good experience because you're too dumb to understand what good quality is. Feel free to be unhappy for the rest of your life. I promise, I won't remember you.

I will never understand what happened to New Mutants.
I read these books in the 2000s, it was great, but IMO the quality drops like a rock after Claremont, stops being worth reading, and characters like Dani Moonstar who seemed like strong candidates to become A list, by the 90s were almost a limbo, no in the Liefeld or XForce books.
Like Marvel squandered a lot of potential there.

Sure thing user. You have a good one and read Abnett and I'll read all amazing comics not written by him and be all the better for it.

You should check out John Francis Moore's X-Force run.

Lots of Dani, and it feels like a real followup to New Mutants.

kek stay mad

I'm really losing sleep over it user.

>I don't give a shit if you cheat yourself out of a good experience because you're too dumb to understand what good quality is. Feel free to be unhappy for the rest of your life. I promise, I won't remember you.
This is one of the most fedora things I've ever read

X-Men has had at least three cartoons better than Teen Titans.

retard

You must really impress all the other kids in middle school with your wit and wicked sense of humor. I wish I wasn't a retard and could be as cultures and intelligent as you

I like both, but Claremont managed to do so much more in terms of group dynamics and overarching plots.

Plus, you can read today and it still holds up

NTT has an extremely solid first issue, then it staggers around for awhile trying to figure itself out. I like the doom patrol arc and the space war arc and Judas Contract. I like the Robin-Nightwing transformation, and the Starfire/ Grayson match up is better than any couple in UXM.
However, UXM is better over all, with one good story after another straight through until the end of the Brood saga, when Marvel in general starts to drift into crossover confusion, from which it never recovered.
Kirby Fantastic Four is better than both.

Keep wishing. It just might come true.

Nice to see Chip out of the wheelchair for a change.

>>>one of the best writers currently working
his current book is fucking awful and is a contender for worst rebirth book.

X-Men is better, once Crisis happens Titans goes from brilliance to complete garbage

NTT

and they're even more likely to die than a post 80s mutant teen

Yeah but if you just compare them both at their height...

Titans still suffer from bas writers. No one is able to top the Wolfman run.

X-Men on the other hand doesn't have that problem. it has shit writing too but occasionally actual gold

x-fags are so battered that they actually believe this

He said X-Men has shit writing

At their height, Claremont and Simonson are still better than Wolfman.

As a Teen Superhero comic, New Mutants blew NTT out of the water until Liefeld fouled it up.

>Deathstroke solo is hardly a Teen Titans book.
Couldn't have that without the titans sonit counts.

That's stupid. By your logic Wolverine comics should count as Hulk stories.

You're talking out of your ass, Claremont was boring as fuck.

Deathstroke is a teen titan character, his most fanous story is a teen titan story, all his kids are connected to the titans.
Deathstroke is a teen titan character.