The Shadow/Batman #1 Storytime

Thus begins the follow-up to the former Batman/Shadow crossover, which ended last month.
Scott Snyder is no longer involved but Steve Orlando is still writing it, and now the art is being done by Giovanni Timpano.

Previous issue
youtube.com/watch?v=PBnO9dw3n6A

To briefly explain, The Silent Seven were villains that The Shadow fought in his 7th published story titled "The Silent Seven"
>A violent crime wave swept New York -- ingenious, well-planned escapades masterminded by the Silent Seven, a vicious underworld conspiracy. Hooded criminals, meeting in secret, known to each other by an ancient ritual and matching scarab rings, they plotted to terrorize the city.
They were the first criminal cult/organization (apart from the Chicago mobs) that The Shadow fought and although they didn't make any further appearences they did pave the way for more interesting and threatening groups like The Hydra or The Hand.

And no, Moriarty was not involved but it's not the first time writers try and make a connection between Sherlock Holmes and The Shadow.

And that's a wrap for now.

Yikes page 9 bump

they really kept this going huh?

any chance of a storytime of the previous series?

The previous series was not good, unfortunately. Maybe Maxwell Grant user can come back and storytime an actually good series.

I kind of like the setup of this one more than the previous crossover.

Yeah I have some hope for this run. I also like seeing Timpano doing the art because he's done Shadow books before.

To be fair, the art in the last one was probably the best part. I loved how the Shdaow's scarf was drawn so you never saw the end of it, really added to the visual mystery and strangeness of the character.

I never get tired of pages that show off all his different batmobiles

That's something I disliked because it made the Shadow seem way more supernatural. I guess that's not inherently a bad thing, however, I like the aspect of the character where people believe he is something other than human but as the reader you see that he is only a man.

>finish one crossover
>start another the very next week

The last one must have sold REALLY well.

I'm the OP. I forgot to namefag this time.
I'm trying to arrange time to finish storytiming The Shadow Strikes. There's not really many other good series out there that haven't been already storytimed and I refuse to be responsible for introducing anyone to the Chaykin/Helfer series or any other similarly awful run.
I wish I could instead make threads dedicated to the pulps but I'm not sure how I would storytime those.

I was intending to do a full storytime of Batman/Shadow this week once the 6th issue came out.
But last issue's lackluster finale and that idiotic backstory retcon that The Shadow was cursed by Cthulhu aliens into gaining his powers and becoming who he is and he actually hates it and only trained Bruce as bait to take the role for him honestly repulsed me so badly that I'm not touching this series again.
I'm still going to storytime the Dynamite issues and I have slightly better hopes for this series, if only because for once they actually aren't using Shiwan Khan or a made-up character as the villain but instead a pulp entity.

Matt Wagner's books are good if you haven't already done them. The 1973 series is great too.

This was announced before the previous series was even halfway finished.

Those have already been done before. I usually link them at the end of every thread.
Pulp user did Year One and the O'Neil series, and I did Death of Margo Lane. Someone else did Grendel vs Shadow.

Ah I see. Justice Inc., The Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights, and Twilight Zone: The Shadow are some other good ones that I can think of. Have they been done?

Twilight Zone: The Shadow has already been done.
But the other two have not been done.

i don't think i've ever seen the shadow scared of anything

He looked afraid when his agents were being abducted by Shiwan Khan's men in The Shadow Strikes

Hey, man. I'm the user who was chatting with you before about what was wrong with Batman/Shadow if you remember. You in a public discord or anything? I'd love to chat with you more.

I don't use Discord much and I'd rather not post my profile here.
But if you go on The Shadow FB groups you can find me.

Huh, I guess since this was from Dynamite, they even included in the Golden Age Daredevil, Black Terror, and Miss Fury.

And of course if this is still a continuation from the previous mini then you know that Miss Fury was one of the heroes The Shadow trained that got killed by the Stag.

Although it doesn't star The Shadow, there's a Lone Ranger/Green Hornet crossover also written by Michael Uslan that also takes place in the same universe as the Shadow/GH: Dark Nights and Justice Inc series (the one with Doc Savage, The Shadow, and The Avenger).

bump

I just joined the Agents of the Shadow one and of course Anthony Tollin's in it, haha. He's such a great guy. I think he's what every fan dreams of being, making a career out of loving a character.

POST THE OTHER VARIANT COVERS

those pinkies

I think I know which person you are so I sent you a friend request.

>that also takes place in the same universe as the Shadow/GH: Dark Nights
Dude, a lot of other superhero books from Dynamite take place in the same universe.

The Shadow: Death Factory is also fun if no one's done it yet.
Some Dark Horse books that I don't think have been done are:
The Shadow two issue series based on the movie.
The Shadow and Doc Savage
The Shadow and the Mysterious Three