Oh god, this thing comes out in a little over a month, and it's barely been marketed. How bad will it be?

Oh god, this thing comes out in a little over a month, and it's barely been marketed. How bad will it be?

ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU IS YOU GOT TO BE FREE

I thought this shit was still like a year away.

>live-action
I stopped giving a shit about that a long time back

really bad.

Wasnt that also the case with Wonder Woman? Maybe WB learned not to spend fucktons of money on marketing considering the name itself is guaranteed to travel by word of mouth. Theres a new trailer coming Sunday

>live action
Count me out

>new trailer

Do tell?

So who's the seventh member they're not showing?

It's gonna be Green Lantern right? How are they gonna do it? Shows up during the final fight, brief exposition at the end before he flies off?

Why do you think there's gonna be a seventh member? They dropped that "Unite the Seven" thing ages ago. And even when they were using it a bunch of DCEU fans were insisting it meant the Seven Seas because Aquaman was gonna be the focus.

The problem is, word of mouth for DC movies is usually bad. They got a lucky break with WW, but would be stupid to assume it will be the same with JL.

he is friends with Barry.

Apparently the only GL to show is during a flashback of ancient earth repelling Steppenwolf and his army

On sunday we get a new trailer.

>i'm tired
>my cape is getting dirty
>i wonder what zod is doi... oh

Drops on football day. Get ready to watch some football.

They have time for marketing, don't worry about that.
>How bad will it be?
I don't know. After Wonder Woman I have some hope, but then again, it's a Frankenstein Snyder/Whedon movie. Maybe they pulled a rabbit out of a hat, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

>word of mouth for DC movies is usually bad
Lots of unpaid Disney interns, user. Especially now that the MCU is dying.

What is superman doing there? Didn't he die?

I feel like this is said about every fucking cape film regardless of company and you should kill yourself OP

This is exactly what people were saying about Wonder Woman.

>snyder's monotone direction juxtaposed with gross overuse of CGI combined Whedon's quippy rewrites
I expect a full on trainwreck. The sheer amount of damage control from snyderfags will be amazing.

it's so bad that DC has finally got it through their thick skulls that no one wants them around and have given up

thank god

Didn't this end up being clickbait, and what they actually said was, they're going to focus on director's vision over Avengers-style build-up but keep the universe connected?

>and it's barely been marketed

You fucking morons really don't know anything about marketing.

What a shit name for a villain.
Fear the frightful Boccaccio! And his henchman Unterm Rad!
While we are misappropriating Hermann Hesse, why not go all in and call them Trost der Nacht or Spaziergang in Würzburg?
Bah!

Yes.

Yes, Geoff confirmed it was more fake news

Huh, Lex kinda looks like the Incubus from Suicide Squad.

It was. They learned that marketing for movies should really start the month before and pick up the pace a week before release. If you expend all your marketing power too long before it comes out, people will forget about it before it's even in theaters. I can't remember which movie did that, but I remember a reviewer talking about that once.

>all these shills

No you.

>Chaim Gartenberg
obviously a joke article. It's from the onion or something.

>MCU is dying
What?

Good, now we only need to let the DCEU die and we can say goodbye to capeshit.
Nobody will miss it.

I'm about to drop a harsh truth.
The Aerosmith cover of Come Together is the best of all versions.

Kek the thing is the movie had quips even before snyder.

*Whedon

Not exactly dying but Infinity Wars is their big event that they've planned since the beginning.

Oh it's going to be a disaster. They're just getting it out the way so they can push Flashpoint and finally start over.

Live action concern trolling is a really played bait genre, OP.
All of Sup Forums's bait is really tired these days.
I'm embarassed by you're lack of originality and effort.
SAGE

Inhumans basically bombed as expected, they are being forced to artifically extend the life of AoS which never ends well, the Netflix shows seem to be getting less attention with every new one AND their future is uncertain with Disney wanting to do its own streaming service, Spider-Man did well but not as well as hoped/expected, no one gives a shit about Black Panther unless Bucky turns up, the comics are utter shit with sales dropping every month...

and Infinity War is the culmination of everything they have been building towards. It's going to kill/remove beloved characters and we don't know that Marvel has anything decent planned as a follow up 'event' or even whether normies will be interested. Thanos may well end up underwhelming if not handled right. Worst of all; Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel are planned as (potential) replacements for Iron Man and Captain America respectively.

Dark days ahead bro.

>dark days ahead
Why?
Capeshit dying is excellent news.
Only need Justice League to bomb hard and these fucking awful movies will be finally gone.

>Ghost Rider wearing Vans
May as well have given him some fucking crocs

I have been wrong about every major comic movie for the last 3 years. Good was bad, bad was good. So as a marveldrone, I will say that it will be good.

"I don't enjoy these movies so no one should make them regardless of how popular they are"

Is there anything to the movies?
The actors in them are mostly shit, the plot is always the exact same shit but with a different actor for the villain, and it's all about hinting never-ending sequels.

The name will sell, I'm actually pretty pumped to watch it, would have been better if MM was in the movie but the guy who plays cyborg looks cool.

"I'm going to make sweeping generalizations about movies I haven't seen"

he's a hispanic dude from LA, it'd be weird if he didn't have vans

This basically. My capeshit movies, Marvel and DC, are bright spots in my year. A few hours of fun. Why would you want to take that away from me and others who like them?

It's not like the resources would go towards anything more 'worthwhile' in this day and age.

Oh yeah, because as we know, superhero movies are the most unique and personality-filled movies in the market.

The stories they tell are not interesting, the action is fucking awful, and despite being some of the most expensive movies, they often have some atrocious CGI.

Black Panther will only do well in America because of white guilt and it will bomb in China where they don't like "black devils". Cumberbatch will save the MCU though

Other countries don't have white guilt so don't expect it to do well overseas

>A few hours of fun
I'm sure you could get an equivalent in entertainment by watching the capeshit released over the 10 years considering they never change unless an actor decides he has gotten enough money.

>It's not like the resources would go towards anything more 'worthwhile' in this day and age.
Those resources not going to capeshit means it's already being spent better.
Even if they just take those 200 million that these movies cost and just burn them.
But they won't because they are useful advertising for DC and Marvel toys.

"I'm going to make sweeping generalizations about movies I haven't seen as pretentiously as possible."

No wonder the audience of these movies considers simply calling the CGI and action shit being something pretentious.
Which is hilarious when you are defending a genre that has MoS and BvS with all that jesus crap.

>Wasnt that also the case with Wonder Woman?
In the states WW was marketed hard as fuck, they didn't put BvS levels on it, but they made sure you knew it came out.

"because a genre has two bad examples then every other movie in said genre must be awful"

I wonder if people ever really read what they write to check how childish and conceited they are but apparently not. You're not even constructing a logical argument, it's just that you don't appreciate an entire genre and can't stand that others do.

Guys seriously where's the marketing?

Probably because there's nothing to appreciate.
The only thing capeshit can do is bounce between being le quipfest or go serious and edgy, but they are still dumb as fuck movies with, somehow, low production values.

They probably should've used that in the trailer.

but really they should've put more than 2 seconds of thought and not picked a so obnoxiously on-the-nose song

>Those resources not going to capeshit means it's already being spent better.
>he actually believes this
If it's not going to capeshit, it'll be going towards whatever the mass-market appeal flavor of the decade is.

"The world revolves around me and just because millions of others can't really enjoy it if I don't"

>Especially now that the MCU is dying
Haven't people been saying that since 2012?

It's a lotto, better keep killing fads until a decent one lands.
Capeshit is definitely not going to stop being a fucking joke.

First of all, we have something called greentexting for cases like that.
Second, the movies are garbage and have nothing to offer in any way.
You know you have nothing to say against and you'll just keep making quotes.
But again, this will only last a few years more.
The MCU will die after IW because it's just boring as fuck, and that rapebaby between Whedon and Snyder will be BvS 2.0

"I'm going to keep being a whiny, humorless bitch until they stop making superhero movies and make clueless statements about movies that aren't out yet because one of them will eventually be generally considered bad by the general public"

At least the general public will be right for once.
Thank god people are realizing how fucking boring these turds are.

>capeshitters can't do anything to defend their cancerous fad genre other than "d-dont generalize" even though capeshit has been the fucking same for 10 years now

>The MCU will die after IW

>The MCU will never work
>The MCU will die after Avengers
>The MCU will die after AoU
>The MCU will die after CW

>Fad
>Lasted 15 year and still makes vast sums of money.
Pick one

>Thank god people are realizing how fucking boring these turds are.
What did he mean by this?

A long one, like westerns.
Will be a joy to see it rot and die.
And the sad thing is that it could last as long as westerns, and still fail to deliver a single decent movie.

>New Posters came out just the other day

>New trailer coming this next week

>Barely Marketed

Suuuure....People were Claiming that DC "wasn't marketing wonder woman" back in May, and then everybody loved that....

>Beauty and the Beast
>500M

How the...?

The difference is the Wonder Woman wasn't directed by two talentless hacks.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, user.

Also, it was actually pretty decent for what it was

I liked it well enough too, I just had no idea it did as well as it did.

>hasn't ever like a capeshit movie
>still comes onto Sup Forums and spends his day in capeshit threads
really makes you think

It's fun seeing you all fight over these turds, as if they were worth fighting for in the first place.

>95804254
Yeah, Sup Forums, now fuck off an go masturbate to little girls.

>and it's barely been marketed

wat

>"I enjoy these movies"
>fighting
ok friend

No, people here are just braindead and haven't learned how modern marketing works.

You only market when you have an actual product to sell, not before. Telling people to go see your movie is useless if there is no movie in the theaters yet.

That guy who photshopped them into that picture fucking sucks.

Anyone have the GotG copy pasta?

>a bunch of DCEU fans were insisting it meant the Seven Seas because Aquaman was gonna be the focus.

There's always been 7 or more; other than the very first Starro issue, that's kind of their thing.

Having Superman as the charismatic head is kind of their thing too. This is a different DC universe.

normies loved ww and suicide squad. word of mouth is at an all time best for DCEU.

Why did they bank their entire cinematic universe on a director known for shit movies?