Am I the only one who found this fight bullshit?

Am I the only one who found this fight bullshit?
>Cell is hyped up as the biggest and baddest for like 50 episodes
>SB comes in
>None of cells punches can effect The Sponge
>He absorbs literally every hit like he was made of some sort of spongy material
>Not even Larry The Fucking Lobster could handle him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GLhbYhLyeVA
youtube.com/watch?v=kpBW0rznGRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think it had good buildup. We always knew Spongebob was capable of more than what he usually does. He finally manned up and realized his potential.

I just got upset at Squidward jobbing like a bitch again, that's all he ever fucking does.

You idiot, the show's been alluding to the Musclebob Buffpants transformation since the Anchor Arms debut midway through the season. Of course Cell wasn't going to be able to touch him.

>Not even Larry The Fucking Lobster could handle him
Larry has only been jobbing since day one fanboys just pretend he's stronger then he actually is.

youtube.com/watch?v=GLhbYhLyeVA
Why did toriyama put this fight into the official anime? It felt out of place even if PBS paid him for the sponser.

Does he have access to his Fry Cook form?

>expecting Hillenburg to remember anything pre-Shell City Arc
Come on man

that "Muh mortality" deus ex machina was such bullshit. he couldn't have just told Poseidon 'I want access to this form and also to stay in the Ocean with my friends"?
God, the entire plot tumor should never have existed

this was the level beyond, once he reached manager.

that isn't even his strongest rival user.

You guys think this fight was bullshit or did it make sense

>implying that he can go two rounds against the Satsui Hoy Minoy

I'm still more mad at the Patrick's sudden death at the end of Season 5 and sudden, unexplained resurrection at beginning of 6. That was half-assed and got no reaction from characters at all.

He TOLD him he was ready, Goku was just a dumbass for not knowing when to back off.

>I think it had good buildup. We always knew Spongebob was capable of more than what he usually does. He finally manned up and realized his potential.
I agree. Mr Krabs knew this too, that's why he fortified his match with Cell to let Spongebon go up after Larry was beaten, even though he could have taken Cell down himself. But people always seem to think he was just betting on Spongebob's potential loss (and possible death) for a quick and easy buck, it's like they didn't listen to his monologue when Larry was getting the shit kicked out of him. He knew Spongebob had the potential to surpass all of Bikini Bottom.

Remember when Patrick touched his toes? How did that make Frieza explode?

Goddamn its been over a decade, when will Spongebob surpass Hasselhoff? seriously, why the fuck even foreshadow so far in advanced?

>"Let it go Spongebab..."

>95797862
>Forgetting that Starfish can regenerate

It's a reference to the Buddha- in the accounts of Buddha a bunch of demons were harassing him while he sat under a tree meditating, in this case Freeza being the demon analogue, and the Buddha touched the earth and it shook or something and all the demons got beat.
Patrick touching his toes is a clear, beautiful metaphor for it.

Hasselhoff is the final boss of the entire series, we've got a while to go

What is the best arc and why is it the fry cook Olympics

I hope he doesn't become irrelevant like Mr.Krabs

Yes but, why did he explode? Patrick was doing nothing but hiding under a rock the whole time, while Spongebob was training his ass off to grill as fast as possible.

Because of the fucking ending.
Two titans locked in mortal combat only to learn that deep down, they love each other through the color of their underwear?

Brilliance. Sheer brilliance.

Because that's what happened in the fucking MYTH

Otherwise I don't know but they talk about it in the commentary.

>Mr.Krabs
>irrelevant
Come on user, Krabs is still relevant, he is the strongest restaurant owner

Good shit.
And then there are those fucking fags to thought it was an anticlimax because nobody won, they just don't get it man.

But he hasn't done anything as of late beside just being there for a gag

Remember, he's the only one who can properly control the Monster Krabby-Patty.
I dont know man, fourteen episodes of Grilling only to get curbstomped by feet touching.

Can we all admit that spongebob was the best Quickster? I know the nick execs have a thing for the Silver age Quickster but sponge Bob has objectively the best runs and is the most developed out of them al

Say what you will, but the Jellyfishing storyline was the Chimera Ant arc of the season, maybe as good as the CA arc itself.

Took a heaving shit on Anais' Rescue, Marco's Fiesta and Steven's Hell arcs but it wasn't that hard to do on the last one. Can't believe no name went back to being no name, cried for hours.

Still could never defeat El Tigre in that form mate.

Oh my wife karen

No that's the whole point. The Hoff is the power ceiling...or rather BEYOND the ceiling.

Someone who SB cannot ever beat...and that's ok.

A starfish can regrow from it's limbs, you retarded spoon needing child

It isn't about power level, it is about character growth. Sponge is far more developed of a character.

Which is retarded. Bubblebass was clearly being built up to be the final boss, but it's like they lost the rights to him or something.

We don’t talk about the Hentai or doujins enough.

I mean, I know this is a blue board. But still.

I think it was important to show that Patrick could actually DO it, you know? Because if he didn’t have that fear under him the Fry Cook Games arc would’ve felt stupid. Like “when the fuck did Patrick get so strong?” Sort of thing.

Let's be real here: The biggest bullshit was Patrick knowing how to use the Goofy Goober Rock technique.

Does the Flying Dutchman stand a chance at being relevant again, or has he been surpassed too far by now?

he's coming back for an epic boss fight, I think he has what it takes

I'm hesitant after what they did to Man Ray

>Cell has Sandy's DNA, giving him Sandy's Talent.
>Has Mr. Krab's DNA for Defense
>Has Patrick's DNA for Raw strength and regeneration
>Has Spongebobs DNA for the exact same absorbing powers
>Has Squidwards DNA for extra arms
How the fuck did he lose? It was an asspull. Plain and simple.

because the musclebuff>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> exceeds all of that with sheer strength alone.

>Sandy's Talent
That was his flaw, he should have gotten Squidward's talent. Remember, Mr. Tentacles has all the talent.

Mr. Talent has all the art tentacles

>being a flying jobman fag
Everyone already freaked the fuck out about Mr. Krabs and Old Man Jenkins being relevant again, why would you want more?

WAKEY WAKEY SQUIDWARDFAGS

Mark my words squidward will out Larry in the tournament

was it...dare i say...the greatest fight of all time?

no but it was the lewdest

>Caring about any of the other character's fights when they are all going to job to x just so Spongebob can beat him/her/it.

That issue was bullshit. Squidward has been using the InkForce for years and yet Larry was able to beat him after just one day of getting it.

>Squidward getting his ass handed to him in the most contrived way.
What else is new, man?

Beings squidward fan is suffering

Yeah but they immediately wrote him out of the arc right after that. He's finally not entirely useless and he gets sidelined for more even more Plankton fanwanking. The GGR is probably going to end up a one note gag anyway.

Top five fights and why, go.

>5. Spongebob vs. Bubble Bass, Fight 2
This was when the series first started getting good. The concept of a finicky snob customer as a villain fit the fast food theme brilliantly, and Bass handed Spongebob his first real defeat. Seeing Spongebob have to face his inner demons and regain his confidence was some great stuff, and it's capped up with this high octane finale. From the first patty throw to the cheating reveal, it's a ride, and it really sold the setting and characters.

>4. Spongebob vs. Sandy
It really says a lot about the strength of these characters and the animation of the fight scenes that a relatively stakeless fight between to friendly rivals can be as thrilling as it is. The two of them really bonded through this. I know it sent the shipfags into orbit, but I still see it as a platonic friendship-and a well done one at that.

>3. Spongebob, Krabs, and Squidward vs. Robo-Krabs
Might be bit heretical to put THE most well known fight here instead of number one, but hey it's still really fucking good. Plankton's mostly been an intellectual and manipulative villain, and while he's still damn good at that here, this is his real fighting debate. And boy, is it impressive. THIS is what sold him as the series villain for me. All three of the Krusty Krew just barely fought him off, and individually he curbstomped them hard.
>2. Spongebob vs. Possessed Neptune
Yeah, I know that power up was bullshit, but this fight gets on the list for sheer spectacle alone. No other fight had this kind power being thrown around, no other fight these stakes. And damn does the animation deliver. And the fucking soundtrack. That, fucking, soundtrack.

>1. Spongebob vs. Patrick, Frycook Games
Yeah, you all saw it coming. No other fight had this kind of heart. The whole tournament arc had been building up to this. We'd been following their friendship since day one, and this was the culmination of it all. 10/10.

bubblebass was always an early bird villain, a disc one final boss type

you bassfags have such bloated egos

Was this the pinnacle of the series? I've never seen a sadder Sup Forums death.

a solid list but I would have edged out Spongebob vs. Bubble Bass in favor of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy vs. Spongebob and Patrick. There's a lot of heart in that fight, I'm always a sucker for anything about surpassing your predecessors and all that shit.

>Patrick got beaten senselessly the entire time
>Not even a Krabby Patty could save him
>As soon as he died, he got removed from the opening
>The reason he died was because he wanted Man Ray to become good
That arc hit me like a truck. I never felt a feeling of dread before or after.

>Patrick just took it
Shit dude I'm tearing up he knew ray could be better

On the topic of Sup Forums, what did you guys think of the redent adwptation od the fight between Donald, with「DER FUHRER'S FACE」, and Daffy, with「THE WIZARD」?

I liked Larry better in the Rock Bottom Saga. That killstreak he had going was totally badass. First the Hash-Slinging Slasher, then the Dirty Bubble, then the Tattletale Strangler and most of the Squilliam Force. No wonder he became such an iconic antihero.

youtube.com/watch?v=kpBW0rznGRs
>This starts playing before a fight starts.
>That means the animation is going to be complete sakuga.
>The hype skyrockets.

>Post yfw Man Ray used the orb of confusion on the opening to fuck up everything
That was the hypest part of the anime.

While the Karate Star is one of my favorites arc due to friends vs friends that are equally match in technique and will to fight. Then ending in a forfeit of power over friendship it still haven't address biggest plot point as a another Patrick star is created due to a dismembered limb. That can take on Spongebob is roaming Bikini Bottom without any compassion and on a war path as the ending implies.

Who can beat shill squidward?

Nigger, he came back for the Pet Sitter Pat arc, it's honestly one of the best returns a villain has ever had, he just toys with Spongebob and kills Gary to drive him over the edgd.

>Biggest twist in the whole show not even mentioned

Still waiting for him to come back and have his rematch with Squidward, though I don't think Squid's found a way to overcome BB's speed

he's coming back next year

Because it pales in comparison to the twist that Doodlebob can survive being erased by the magic pencil, or the reveal of the Alaskan Bull Worm being a cosmic entity.

>that episode where spongebob goes into hiding from the greater evil because he can't hack it
>for 7 years he's hiding, and for some reason the greater evil never showed up
>later meets someone in his cave who becomes his friend
>he poisons spongebob because the cave isn't big enough for the two of em'
>instead of dying spongebob can now take on the greater evil
What the fuck was the writing team thinking? It doesn't make sense.

>biggest twist

post your motherfucking face when that's not the worm. that's it's tounge

The twist that you came from tumblr is no big reveal.

>No Doodlebob vs Spongebob, Round 2
That was one of the best fights in the series for this moment alone. You knew from this one shot SpongeBob was fucked.

he wasn't actually poisoned
no-one was in his cave
it was a metaphor

it's first grade man

pardon me for using google images

this guy knows

>nematodes arc looked like it had a stupid concept and the series was going to shit
>post yfw it turned out to be the best one

Daily reminder that we have one month until shit hits the fan and /ourguy/ from best arc revives and takes over the world.

>groundbreaking 2 hour episode announced with only one commercial break in the middle
>put up against the superbowl
>It's "The Great Pizza Delivery"
>the only important part of the episode was the reveal at the very end that Squidward was possessed, which ended up quickly retconning the one nice thing Squid did for Sponge earlier in the episode and shows the entity possessing Squid had a soft side already
>still gets ratings better than the fucking superbowl because japanfags fucking with the streams and recievers
It should have been cancelled right here, yea we'd be missing the Patty Caper saga, and the Shell City saga, and a bunch of other SAGAS, but god damn the shits just not worth everything in between.

read the fucking manga

Oh shit! I just watch this and it made the Karate Star arc absolutely the best.
How did i miss this? The way Carbon Patrick torture Gary show how he is void of empathy reflecting back to the ending of the Karate Star arc. Also it remember Gary and spongebob have a mental link as shown during the Have You Seen This Snail Special as Spongebob is disgusted and disturb by the cruel act Carbon Patrick inflect on Gary. Been though the loss of his snail and feeling his pain made the confrontational personal.
I cried when it revealed that Gary use last of his life energy instead of healing himself decide to save Spongebob by transforming Carbon Patrick into a giant piles of bubblegum.
Kinda mess up when you realize that he is conscious.laying there on the bus bench as people walk past knowing he can't do anything to them or even scream but only to talk to himself.

so was The Orchestra Party a fanmade episode?

I paid big money for the new manga issue but instead of shipping it out to me, the main distributer btw, they sent me an E-mail saying my money has been refunded and that the release date has been pushed back, they even said why. Apparently they're releasing it side by side with a one off issue. No actual date given or any name for the next issue.

Anyone actually get their order through before the pushback? Are they sending it to early birds?

>You lived to see abridging die

Hoff is the fucking God of Destruction, nobody could surpass him

Except Plankton in the dream episode

A Plankton big enough to destroy a city still can't defeat a GoD, just ask Majin Patrick

Wrong dream episode, I'm referring to the Cosmic Collider Crustacean where Krabs gets the shit kicked out of him in every dimension when Plankton masters reality warping, only limited to under the sea. He wasn't able to be stopped by anyone, even Spongebob. He just stopped because he realized it was damaging the ecosystem and he'd be out of a home and people to sell his food to.

Wasn't that a noncanon filler episode?

yea i just love the sandy x spongebob shit that they did for no reason

>but it got better when they dropped it!
said an user days before they brought it back as a love triangle between them and patrick that ruined their friendships, and was very contrived

still mad that we wasted an
ENTIRE
FUCKING
ARC
on fucking pearl

He spent an ENTIRE ARC fucking Pearl? That sponge has some insaiyan stamina

>that
>an asspull
But that's wrong you fucking retard, it was all foreshadowed. You wanna know the real asspull? Plankton using Maximum Overdrive, like what the fuck?

''O MY MAXIMUM OBERDRIVE'' RITE GUYS

Fuck off, it was cool, Krabbscuck.