Questionable Content thread

Fresh Fruits and Veggies........on a poverty budget.

Jeph truly has lost touch with reality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8xwLWb0lLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Fresh Fruits and Veggies........on a poverty budget.
>Jeph truly has lost touch with reality.

You realize that she only said that because Bubbles was glaring at her, right?

What WAS she going to say? Was it some sort of coffee joke told without setup and thus there was no reason for the overweight robot to glareblock it? I don't understand this comic.

>it's cheaper for americans to buy premade food
Lmaoing at your lives

>What WAS she going to say?
>Title of comic is Ramen and String Cheese

A MYSTERY FOR THE AGES

It also appears that Sam is wearing her skull mask right behind Bubbles.

A robot can't be overweight. It is exactly the weight it is manufactured to be.

I've decided she was going to say something uncomfortable like semen or lube. Her answer is obviously the strip title, but I don't care.

>being this level o unselfaware
user veggies and fruits are cheap as fuck. Also it was clearly a joke anyway.

-parents, some buttblasted poor people seem to think daddy money isnt a legitimate form of income.

i bet she sucked a bunch of dick
women have it so easy

The joke is pretty obvious dude

I remember when I used to read this, why is she a lesbian that's fucking a robot now?

The red chick (bubbles?) wanted the chick in the green shirt to eat healthy and the chick in the black dress (Dora?) was going to say something unhealthy.

Jeph is privileged to make money scarred hand over scarred fist. He is still pulling in six figures a year. He went to a liberal arts college where you make your own degree. He escaped reality a long time ago, which is probably why his first wife escaped.

Did he ever have touch with it to start with?

No it's fucking not.

Silently intimidating someone into saying something different from what they were about to say is humorous.

Who is fucked in the ass by whom?

Both of them by Pintsize

the readers by jacques

So what the fuck is op blabbering?

Ah, I see. The middle panel is entirely pointless then as the joke is present only in panels 1 and 3.

Its a common misconception.

>ramen and string cheese
>when you can buy things like chicken and potatoes and rice in bulk

Why are people so fucking dumb, who seriously considers ramen edible beyond ebin "haha I'm a middle class kid but I'm in college so I call myself super poor because I spend all my money on booze and eat ramen and it's a shock if I live to 50"?

Fresh fruit is expensive especially when out of season because they deliberately throw away about 1/3 of the crop because it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing in order to maximize their profit ratios, keeping in mind that the USA literally has millions of semi-enslaved Mexicans picking the crops. One has to wonder how things would be if the United Farmworkers Union hadn't been destroyed as a result of illegal immigration, but I assume we wouldn't have megafarm conglomerates ripping everyone off if that was the case.

FAT SHAMING

Anything marked "Organic" or "GMO Free" is generally marked up twice or more than it's Processed, Pesticide laced brethren. This is why Whole Foods is often joked as "Whole Paycheck" because their stuff is Organic or GMO-Free, and is priced likewise.

> Fresh fruit is expensive especially when out of season because they deliberately throw away about 1/3 of the crop because it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing in order to maximize their profit ratios,

youtube.com/watch?v=i8xwLWb0lLY

>The middle panel is entirely pointless
You mean besides the explanation to why they would suddenly be in the coffee shop from the workshop, or why the fuck Dora was talking about what she used to eat in the first place?

Jesus, how dense do you have to be to be worse at basic storytelling than JJ Stabrams?

People who have eaten real, non-instant ramen?

Anytime labor costs increase significantly, companies invest in automation.

>Anytime labor costs increase significantly, companies invest in automation.
user, I grew up poorfag in rural commiefornia and was a 4h kid. We could have a whole fucked up conversation about how fucked up labor laws and taxes and big bizznes plans are, and why.
Or I could say "yeah, automation is going to fuck the whole economy right in the ass."

I like ramen.
Also, it's insanely cheap.

Protein would be abundant, very important in a diet.

Is there even a point to having pintsize in the comic anymore? I mean he won't let pintsize be himself why even have him there?

There was no point in Pintsize in the FIRST place.

Probably instant ramen or something. That shit is so goddamn cheap.

>Sup Forums once again proves itself not even smart enough for questionable content.

>"haha I'm a middle class kid but I'm in college so I call myself super poor because I spend all my money on booze and eat ramen and it's a shock if I live to 50"

Whoever hurt you did it a long time ago. Just let it the fuck go user

>whoever hurt you

If anything it's obvious by your post that the user you quoted struck right on an exposed nerve.

this is where we find out the coffee shop doesn't make enough money and she has been living off her parents or her brother.

How did you derive such an untrue statement from the comic?

>Fresh fruit is expensive especially when out of season because they deliberately throw away about 1/3 of the crop because it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing in order to maximize their profit ratios

That's, like, a very tiny part of what's going on. What's really happening is that in order for supermarkets to be profitable they have to continuously overstock fresh produce to entice customers. They only achieve their small profit margins through sales of non-perishables.

Fruit isn't expensive because we leave it rotting on the ground any more than it's expensive because we leave it rotting on the ground. Production of produce is massively subsidized, nobody pays proper wages for labor, and the value of pretty much everything is next to nil as it leaves the farm.

So why are fruits "expensive?" Because they're shit. They're sugar and water with little to no real nutritional value that we've told ourselves are healthy. We deal with the huge problems of transportation (where a great deal of the value consumers pay is added) just to put it infront of ourselves 'cause it's pretty only to throw the bulk of it away.

But still, frankly, they aren't expensive. They only appear expensive when compared against real staple foods with real nutritional value which are as mass produced but are simply less perishable and easier to transport.

Essentially, the entire fruit market is an exercise in needless transportation expenses that allow us to feel good about ourselves because of a generally accepted but wholly superfluous and insane belief that fruits are a health food because they contain vitamins just like everything else. Centuries ago, the Brits legitimately needed to treat scurvy -- these days all we really want is for fruits to be there looking pretty when we go shopping.

>Fruit isn't expensive because we leave it rotting on the ground any more than it's expensive because we leave it rotting in the dumpster.

Dora runs a coffee shop. She obviously ate her own inventory.

Bubbles wants Faye to eat healthy but not TOO heathy because spanky sparky dat ass

The main deal is you gotta know where to shop and how to prepare shit, once you do you get WAAAY more mileage from buying fruit and veggies and prepping yourself instead of Hamburger Helper.

And even so you can mix shit, get cup noodles and put in some real veggies and/or meat/egg, speaking of which, the expensive shit is the meat (and soy-substitutes because they know they can get away with meat-like prices or higher for higher profit margin).

OP clearly wasn't around when /cock/ was a thing.

I know how we can make it stop

kek

Most of the original, "problematic" characters have been written out. Pintsize would be, too, but he's kind of an institution. Plus I think Jeph still has two gross of Pintsize plushies that he hasn't been able to unload at cons, so he's gotta keep him around just for that.

i thought the joke was that she sucked men dry for protein and the robot doesnt want her to reveal that so she can fuck the human

wait so what is the actual joke here

This coming from a comic where several of the main characters can afford rent in a sub-metropolitan city on retail-grade wages.

Huh, so QC is post-singularity, but not post-scarcity. Think Hanner's super science dad could have solved things at this point.

And yes, I know not even Jeph thinks much about his futuristic society, and just uses it to write about coffee shop sitcom misadventures forever.

it's not post scarcity because being post-scarcity would remove some very important pressures on human breeding and behavior, and the robot masters would need to more directly manage and cull the population

how much does jeph make from patreon?

also i just looked at qc for the first time in a few years, what the fuck is this fetish-bait musclebot

>pretending a diet based on potatoes and rice is healthy in comparison to anything.

Carbohydrates-industry shill.

Over $10k/month. It's not known by how much because he disabled showing the figure some months back. Personal guess: $10,500 - $10,750 range.

>fetish-bait musclebot
Yeah, that's about it.

I like it a lot, just too unhealthy for me to actually eat.

wow, you're a dumbass

>people unironically defending a QC strip

Truly, a new low

You just don't understand the top rate characterization that is Faye.

Poor Winslow. Poor, desperately abusable Winslow.

Once I got that joke it was actually kind of funny.

this is disgustimg faggot propaganda degeneracy