Steven Universe panel at NYCC today aired a sneak peek at the episode Dewey Wins

Steven Universe panel at NYCC today aired a sneak peek at the episode Dewey Wins

youtube.com/watch?v=C9_8zB-V-R4

Well now I guess we know why Lion is missing in that promo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IaR8KO4VFPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Instead of seeing lars' space adventures we're forced to watch Steven goof around with the mayor
>Connie lost lion because she's a little bitch so we're going to miss the rest of it, too.
>After over 100 days of hiatus the staff decided to show us a filler episode
I knew leaving this show after wanted was a good idea

wow, again with the character non proportions

For fucks sake, Rebecca! JUST MAKE THE LARS SPIN-OFF ALREADY!!!

They also confirmed that the show would come back "This winter", which since they don't air new episodes in December due to holiday programming almost certainly means January or February.

Whatever happened to the "Reunited" special? Is it still happening? This is clearly the first ep after Lars' Head. Actually, Reunited might(?) be the episode where Lars and the off-colors come to Earth. It might come after all the space stuff.

FEELINGS DONT MATTER COMPARED TO PEOPLES LIVES CONNIE, GET OVER YOURSELF

wonder if all the people who believed in lars since day 1 got vindicated for putting up with all the detractors.

Welcome to Garnet mad at Pearl 2.0!!

FUCK AYWGDKLANUWLDHNL:DBHIV:AWDIOMAPDN:OAIHWDBNAWHMGAV:OIWHMNDOUBGV:YE

But we are going to see lars space adventure. And the connie stuff will probably still be in the episode.
How about you wait until the episode airs nigger.

We've missed the actually interesting stuff
>Avoiding the sentries
>Fooling officers
>Traveling through different parts of the gem colony
The show follow Steven's POV so while he's out bumbling around with the citizens Lars is having the adventure Wanted should have given us. And by the time he catches up with Lion we will have already missed it all. All because of F I L L E R

>"This winter"

Fucking christ. For real?!

THIS IS BEYOND "NOT OKAY", CN!

>hiatus for half a year
>new episode is townie shit

Could Shitbecca just die already?

>Another full episode of crying and moaning

JUST

I sure as hell did. He was a little shit but I knew they'd redeem him in some way, no way we were spending that much time with his character if he wasn't gonna have a glorious turnaround.

>Filler episode and forced angst
pass

Wanted is coming later said sugar.
And yes it would be cool to see that but you dont know if this is filler.
Also,its better than just steven preending everything is fine

>back to townie filler
>after waiting for so long
Thanks, Rebecca.

Wanted already came. And it was 44 minutes inside a void or a cave. It was a let down.
It is. Lion is gone and Steven has nowhere else to go. Unless Homeworld just comes out of nowhere during this episode then it's filler
He might as well be. His only way to Lars is gone and now he's just screwing around. He clearly has the memory of a goldfish. This isn't the first time something similar has happened either.

>Connie is actually Steven's friend only for the magic shit.
Can't say I didn't see this coming.

Get yourself a copy of the Daily Growl cause you're in the dog house Steven.

It feels so good to be right, doesn't it?

>What about Stevonnie, Steven?! Did you even stop for a second to think about how I felt! Me! Your best friend Connie! What about Stevonnie, Steven? I've done so much for us, Steven!

>What about Stevonnie, Steven?! Did you even stop for a second to think about how I felt! Me! Your best friend Connie! What about Stevonnie, Steven? I've done so much for us, Steven!

To be fair, she has put a lot of time into training, first herself, then as Stevonnie too, it makes sense that she'd be pissed off that she didn't get use any of it. Plus, she's at least kind of right that Steven giving himself up was crazy, and without that crazy set of circumstances they never could have guessed, Steven probably would have been shattered or stuck on home world forever.

The magic shit jealousy is definitely a part of it, but she's right to be a little peeved here, especially since Steven himself is acting so non-chalant about it all.

Its clear that Connie is an adventure whore. She's the same as us.

>Want Gem and space related adventures
>Get an episode of Mayor Dewey trying to win the election.

>larsfag since the start because i like male bully characters and always hope they become close friends with the MC, as it usually only happens with female bullies
>didn't happen with gravity falls' robbie so i expect the same from steven universe
>the motherfucker ends up getting a whole fucking arc and his relationship grows much closer with the steven
I came loads.

Hivemind

Also, there have been literally no human characters who aren't more moral and enlightened and wise than the aliens, so it's a fair assumption that the writers weren't going to introduce one.

That's not what she seems to be mad about?

Like before she was willing to die for Steven when Pearl started influencing her during the training, but then Steven broke that mindset and they became a true battle duo.

But then when the time came instead of being a duo with her he gave up without a fight and handed himself over to be sacrificed instead of believing in their power.

Personally feeling she's being kind of overdramatic about it but can understand the logic involved.

>"Steven's life will never be the same. Everything back at home is different now."

Why is this the moment that changed everything when Beach City has nearly been destroyed and individuals have nearly been killed hundreds of times already?

Even when it came to fighting as a duo, Steven didn't exactly have time to go grab Connie because his mind was focused solely on getting Greg back from Homeworld.

So has anyone else pretty much moved onto Star vs The Forces of Evil and OK K.O?

Its a little different, he basically handed himself directly over to the diamonds, they took him to homeworld with no way to get him back. Obviously the gems are going to be more neurotic than they ever have in keeping him safe.

Gee, maybe she should have looked for some sort of monster if she wanted to use her training? Maybe instead of running a car wash with meme and memer she should have done something if using what she learnt is so important.
Maybe Steven saved everyone by doinig it his way and she's just jealous.

Fusion is really addictive, Jasper and Lapis proved this.

Steven still just gave up though. Everybody was Litterally training for this shit not to happen and Steven was like lol Mehr mom bad I feel bad buy guys.
Seriously you think Greg Connie and the gems would not try to go to home world to save him? They would a risked Thier lives anyway.
Also why is lion pissed

Yes, to Star. It's better than SU in every single way and I don't have to wait half a year just to get a shitty filler episode.

this time steven gets raped by the mayor and sold to comet pizza with special guest stars john podesta and hillary clinton

No, this time specifically was with the fairy and the big fusion kidnapping all the townspeople. who Steven sacrificed to save (apart from Lars, who was so much of a pussy he hid deeper inside the ship).

Garnet is an even stronger proof, if you ask me.

I watched the RPG World episode of OK KO.

It was cool to see Hero but everything about the show itself in terms of quality seems pretty rubbish.

OH Shit yeah!
Steven Universe ends to infrequently, I fucking forgot the order in which the episodes happen.

This needs to happen if SU somehow makes it to Adult Swim.

Why would anyone watch Star Vs? It's a turd.

Watch the T.K.O special

>This season is going to be huge
>The first episode after their disappointing special is townie filler
>It's been implied that all our flashbacks are going to be full of silhouettes
Quality show.

Because it's not fucking shit like SU?

The only good thing about Star Vs is the Cuckqueen art.

Well that's not true, Hekapoo is a sexy shortstack bitch.

>This winder
FUCK OFF!
WHY WOULD THEY DELAY THIS SHIT FOR SO LONG!

is steven universe on puberty blockers???????????

I think the bigger issue may be that Connie and the others are upset that Steven was basically willing to throw his life away without a second thought, and now that a drastically improbable set of circumstances has brought him back home safe and sound he's playing it all off like it was no big deal.

I heard that they played "Escapism" live. Was it with the actual singer or Rebecca?

>Steven was basically willing to throw his life away without a second thought,
>Connie thinks she's allowed to do that, but no Steven

What a relatable character she is.

"as it usually only happens with female bullies"

What are you talking about? When and where? And don't say Gravity Falls, you already used that. Also, Is Yu Yu Hakasho your favorite anime? Because that is exactly what happens

>"Coming Soon"
>8 fucking month hiatus
Fucking cunts.

>OK K.O
I'm trying to watch it but it seems too "le wacky funny faces" and can rarely keep a consistent tone throughout an episode. I'll keep watching because K.O is cute and the robots are cute.

The only thing keeping me invested is seeing Star suffer. Season 1 was poopoo aside from like 4 episodes, and then they handled Toffee poorly. I like what they did with Ludo though. I'm more interested in Ludo than Eclipsa.

She used to think that, before Steven snapped her out of it by promising her that they would always fight together. So you should be able to see why Steven's decisions here would hit her hard.

You know that whole episode was her learning to value her self right? Steven said that to her himself.
Steven is just being a hypocrite now

reunited's name showed up on the TCM website, just like Bismuth's and Gem Harvest's
that's literally all we know about it

>Lamar and Jeff are gonna be a regular team

hey townie episodes aren't so bad, atleast it's a dewey episode.

Steven seems completely out of character the way he just brushes off everyone's feelings about him basically trying to kill himself.

They have to change Steven a bit to make Connie's character shine brighter.

Like with the whole Kevin ordeal where the crew admitted in the book that it's purposely OOC.

Plus Jeff's involved

What was so OOC in Beach City Drift?

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE GOVERNMENT NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT PLANET DESTROYING, GENOCIDAL ALIENS INVADING THEIR SHIT?

> Maybe Steven saved everyone by doinig it his way

He really didn't, unless 'his way' is just flying by the seat of your pants and hoping something miraculous will happen to save you, which, yeah, is still something worth getting mad over.

I mean really, without the miraculously convenient shit like Lars not leaving the ship, Zircon's rebellious accusation during the trial, the diamonds falling into bickering and not noticing Steven, and Lars dying, Steven definitely would have died or at the very least been stranded on homeworld.

Because there's only been a couple of alien ships showing up in one beach town?

>Peridot
>Tried to kill him
>M-m-maybe she just misuderstood

>Kevin
>Was too pushing on a dance
>REEEEEEEEEEEE

Steven being so outwardly hateful of Kevin for making him/Connie slightly uncomfortable when he's shown to be far kinder and more forgiving for WAY worse shit.

will Dewey finally shag Pearl?

You'd think instead of glaring at him, someone, anyone, there would notice all of Steven's suicidal signs, pull him aside and try to reason with him.

I hated the Kevin episodes, I've got a sinking feeling I'm not gonna like these either.

Because there is no big government in this timeline.

>Ocean disappears
>No investigations

Will he have a threeway with pearl and her biker girlfriend?

Steven being the one to less likely forgive someone despite that part of him being his entire character.

And it has been admitted that his hatred of Kevin was written for comedic purposes.

Speaking of peridot. Are lapis and her still stuck on the barn?

desu most of his guardians have tried to kill him so he's gotten kinda numb to it

Kevin and writing plots about him were stupid and entirely pointless

BUT WHAT ABOUT STEVEN'S LIFE user
IF STEVEN TRUSTED CONNIE HE COULD HAVE BEEN SAFE TOO

Biker chic turns out to be Dewey's ex-wife. Both of them start trying their hardest to seduce Pearl to spite the other in some weird game of one-upmanship stemming from unresolved issues in their former marriage.

I mean Sugar could of at least thrown in a few jokes of the government being incompetant. Like have FBI miss obvious dangerous gem tech, or have them be too lazy to check things out. But all we get is Steven and the gems taking it upon themselves to fight Homeworld, even though the threat affects everyone. Hell didn't Greg say that a crapload of humans died during the gem war?

Yup. They're busy doing nothing.

>have tried to rape him
Fix'd

>Rebecca Sugar admits that the whole story behind Last One Out of Beach City and Mystery Girl was based off another story about a heterosexual romance
I wonder how many lesbians were mad.

Yeah, I hope they explore it further. I guess the reactions are proper though, even in real life if you were to think about killing yourself you'd probably get some people mad at you for being selfish.

Well, it's time to repost this video youtu.be/IaR8KO4VFPM

This show has the air schedule of a webcomic.

And that could have been an episode where the Gems and maybe Ronaldo have to evade the fuzz.

Hell, it can be something that will involve both townies and gems.

Why would they? The humour in OK K.O. is very simillar to SU and Star vs doesn't offer that much more in lore and story than SU.

>I'm trying to watch it but it seems too "le wacky funny faces" and can rarely keep a consistent tone throughout an episode.
That sounds awfully familiar

I don't give a shit about Connie, I just want Lapis and Jasper and maybe Bismuth development because the first two especially have been shafted hard for a while.
When is that shit happenin Becky?

>The humour in OK K.O. is very simillar to SU
eh it gets a bit more cartoony and self aware at times, like a cross between SU and Uncle Grandpa or SMFA

Well, gem war was in pre-historic times TBF.

I am so tired of being let down by this show and their incompetent crew.

The Gem war seems to have lasted for quite a while as there was a moment where Pearl talks about being like a knight to Connie.

>There will never be a scene where we'll see human medieval auxiliaries fight alongside gems during the war.

I feel like the show would be much better if it were called The Crystal Gems, and didn't have every episode need to include Steven in some way.

I dunno Steven is a goddamn paladin but can't he be allowed to have SOME people he irrationally dislikes? His first encounter with Kevin was while being fused his first time and then getting macked on way too hard while figuring out what the fuck was even going on

I can see it leaving the kid with an irrational take on the dude

Gem war lasted until approx 4500 years ago.

Star is alright but I like SU better conceptually and KO isn't really holding my interest despite some fun episodes.
I just want another action/comedy cartoon that is actually competantly handled like SU seasons 1b and 2.
I kind of want Jasper to stay dead.
I don't get her cult following and Steven has absolutely no reason to revive her.
I feel like all of her interesting elements would disappear if she got redeemed.
Lapis NEEDS more development if they want to keep her around though.
She us awful right now and I hope her arc fixes that.
Bismuth is too expensive for me to hope for.

can you explain why when CN is the one who controls their schedule

seems like a case of them being fucked over by execs who are too out of touch and inhuman to understand what people actually want