M
A
N

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC

My Little Pony?
The Loud House?

Makes a good litmus test to see who is a sensitive bitch. If they are still bothered by it after 6 years, they deserve their tears.

not moldybutt?

MY LITTLE VOLDEMORT: BARNEY IS MOLDYBUTT

TTG, MLP and Loud House are guaranteed to be cheap toonboom shit on the big screen.

Bob's Burgers and Spongebob 3 will at least have traditional animation.

Have no clue how Adventure Time's movie is going to look, WAG is doing it but WB was inspired by the success of Spongebob 2 which was mostly traditional.

>he doesn't know about the scrapped Adventure Time movie

>Bob's Burgers
Wait, what?

the movie was cancelled? You got a source for that?

>He doesn't think TTG won't change it's animation

I know, right?

I'm fuckin' stoked

It still feels so weird to me that TTG! is getting a THEATRICAL film adaptation. It's a jokey reboot of an action cartoon adaptation of a pre-existing comic book series.

How exactly does a comedy cartoon that takes great liberty in its 11-minute story structure convert into a feature-length film? And how does one tweak the designs/animation to make it look like a real movie and not just an hour-long TV special?

The Night Begin to shine.

So now western theatrical animation is going the Japanese route, making spinoff movies from semi-popular stuff on TV.

youtube.com/watch?v=SANfUvm9WhI

It won't since it got announced this year and is coming out next summer. Animated movies are typically announced years in advance right when pre-production starts. Since it's taking less than a year to finish TTG, it'll look like the tv show.

It hasn't been scrapped yet from what I recall. WAG has a bunch of movies in development that we may or may not see like S.C.O.O.B. since they seem to focusing on Lego films.

Maybe TTG is a special case. I'm pretty sure stranger things have happened.

We did that in the early 2000s and it didn't last long.

No, this is actually going to be the killing blow to 2d animation in theatres, cheap spinoff movies of pre existing properties successively flopping one after another mixed with successful 3d movies is what killed them in the first place, and now that 3d is the juggernaut chad cucking the 2d virgin from his theatre stacy, it's only going to make things worse.

It's a special case because WB wants a cheap buck.

>the thing that deteriorated the reputation of 2D
>the reason 2D is making a comeback
Fat chance.

That's WB. the TTGcrew isn't going to embarrass themselves on the big screen.

>It won't since it got announced this year and is coming out next summer
>He doesn't know how TTG works
The Night Begin to shine was foreshadowed since S2. The movie is part of their plan, m8.

>he thinks this is cheap toonboom shit
What beautifully animated shows/movies do you watch if this looks terrible to you?

Die you degenerate Barneyfag

Horse movie was disappointing.

this actually looks good

how old are you?

I wonder about Bob''s Burgers. The Simpsons' tv animation regularly surpasses the movie no, and it makes me wonder how Bob's Burgers would look

>he thinks this will be cheap toonboom shit
youtube.com/watch?v=GM8tRdFaWS0

Where were you in the 80s or hell the early 2000s for that matter?

>Bobs gets a movie
>Shit Titans Go gets a movie
>MLP gets a movie
>SpongeBob gets a third movie
>Simpsons gets a second movie
>The fucking Loud House gets a movie
>Kemono Friends gets a movie
>Adventure Time gets a movie
>Regular Show already got a movie

>no The Amazing World of Gumball Movie
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK, WHERE IS HIS MOVIE!? It's almost been SEVEN YEARS since Gumball PREMIERED. I will shit my PANTS if "Clarence on Clearance: Clarence The Movie" and "OK K.O. Let's Be Theatrical" happens before TAWOG Movie.

Gumball isn't good enough for a movie

And TTG is?

Yes

Your autistic breakdown means this was probably for the best. If you get this bootymad at it not getting a movie then you'll probably kill yourself when it inevitably flops.

Clearly it is.

>The Night Begin to shine was foreshadowed since S3
FTFY

Man that time seems so long ago. What were some early 2000's cartoon show movies? The big ones I can think of were like... Simpsons Movie, Spongebob Movie, and the Powerpuff Girls Movie. Though I swear that was like after 2010 but maybe I'm misremembering.

I know there were still a bunch of series being adapted FROM movies in the early 2000s. Man I remember really likeing the Evolution show and film when I was like 12 or some shit... I wonder if they hold up? Also the Mummy.

Why would Gumball get a theatrical movie? It's a UK property and definitely is something that would get a TV movie, like Regular Show.

Lack of content. There is nothing in Gumball worth of a movie

>the void
>that magic red van
>leaving Elmore

>the void
Boring meta shit. Not even the writers give a shit about it

>that magic red van
Irrelevant

>leaving Elmore
Not enough for a movie.

SHUT THE FUCK UP ARE YOU TRYING TO GET BANNED

>Boring meta shit. Not even the writers give a shit about it
They seem to since Ben is going to explore it during Season 6.

>Irrelevant
It hasn't been used much, so? Anything can be expanded upon. A few months ago, Ben stated that he would like to do an episode where Gumball and Darwin leave open the doors to the van and characters like Batman and the Crystal Gems would come into Elmore. Clearly the van can do a lot of zany things, like Darwin's origin?

>Not enough for a movie.
The Rugrats meeting the Thornberries, going to Paris and into a local Forest isn't enolugh for a movie. They already went to local locations before so why should they use a fucking Forest of all things?
When movies like this are created, they make new locations and new characters to interact with. How do they get there? How do the new characters interact with familiar ones in order for plot progression? How does their adventure complete?
What about The Loud House is "enough for a movie"? They figure out things to do. Bringing familiar characters into unfamiliar situations, something the show wouldn't do.

>They seem to since Ben is going to explore it during Season 6.
>Ben stated that he would like to do an episode where Gumball...
Ben doesn't have the control and most of the writers are shit. You need new writers if you want a Gumball movie

Bob's Burgers has good animation on occasion so I expect the movie to move like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkwqeYIO9zo

Thanks for proving my point, that looks terrible.

>Ben doesn't have the control
It looks like this was a late-moment change by animators who didn't like how the original Kip looked, since the first already aired.

The Void is returning.

2D Movies currently known of:

Spongebob Movie 3
The Loud House
Bob's Burgers
MLP
TTG
>5 2D movies at once
Holy shit

Goddamnit I was about to post this!

Steven Universe: The Kino when?

>90% of movie is townie filler content

Can't forget that Hanazuki movie that's supposedly in "very early development".

Don't forget Nicktoons Avengers

is that a gallon of diareah?

I wish

Really?

Holy Crap that animation is quite fluid.

No, there will never ever be a show to animated movie as successful as the first rugrats movie ever again

Adventure Time probably isn't getting a movie.

>>Regular Show already got a movie
To be fair this is the only one that got a TV movie in your list, and CN kept pushing it to be a 40 minute special and not a movie until production fully started.

Forevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah (Mine) (Mine) (Mine)

Will B.E.R summon S.W.E.E.T in the movie?