Tom Strong and family returning with the TERRIFICS

>That's titular hero Tom Strong, his wife Dhalua, daughter Tesla and companions Pneuman and King Solomon, the cast members of Alan Moore and Chris Sprouse 1999 America's Best Comics title.

>The last appearance of the characters was in 2013's Vertigo limited series Tom Strong and the Planet of Peril by Peter Hogan and Sprouse.

>The Terrifics will be written by Jeff Lemire with artists Ivan Reis and Doc Shaner. Described as a superhero "family" title with the goal to recapture the feeling of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's Fantastic Four, if a part of the extended cast, Tom Strong and his family would fit right in with the aesthetic.

Dude on top looks like doom.

I thought Moore owned the strongs and abc? Are these new versions?

Challengers too. That's 3 Ff style familys.

Certainly a surprise.

Wonder if that's Lord Havok up top.

>I thought Moore owned the strongs and abc
He doesn't, Tom's had a couple of minis after Moore left, one of them under Vertigo banner

I thought Tom Strong was Moore's creator owned character

Shit I didn't even read the op
Disregard me

>Marvel isn't doing F4
>So DC is doing their own F4
I suppose turnabout is fair play. Can't wait for more Plas shenanigans

Don't forget Morrison made two in the multiverse.

I'm in for Plastic Man and Mr. Terrific.

On one hand, more Tom Strong, finally. On the other hand, this feels wrong.

I'm fucking hyped, lads
Don't fail me once again, Lemire

they dropped Element Woman like a rock didn't they?

>Ivan Reis and Doc Shaner

They picked alternating artists with really clashing styles.

This has me a bit worried also, hopefully they alternate story arcs and the arcs themselves are different enough from each other

IIRC Reis is drawing the first arc and Shaner is taking over afterwards

So I should read Tom Strong huh?

my favorite part of this image is Stagg and Java. Who's the other dude?

New dr doom clone.

>DC in full 'Fuck Alan Moore' mode

That they are committing this strong to it amuses me greatly.

Its solid
Better than Promethea.

Shaner will eek out only a couple issues, then majority of pages in another couple with fill-ins, then just covers.

I think he gave his half of the copyright to the artists of the ABC books so they could do sequels? (Top 10 Season 2, Greyshirt, etc.) Can anyone back me up?

I know the meme goes as: Moore hates the comercialization of his works, but from what I see and read, it looks more like a facade to keep appearances, and he actually enjoys the money he gets from all that stuff.

FUCK YOU DC JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY

>assblasted SJW marvellian cucktard

Is this an entry for the how many buzzwords can you fit into a single post contest?

You should have used quotation marks and two two questions marks in that sentence, you illiterate hack.

He managed eight consecutive issues of Flash Gordon that one time.

>actually enjoys the money he gets from all that stuff.
So you've seen and read nothing? He's done multiple interviews saying he refuses and turns down all money offered from them using his works.

>He's done multiple interviews saying he refuses and turns down all money offered from them using his works.
Common misinterpretation/urban legend, Moore *loathes* adaptation, and so he refuses any money and scrubs his name from the credits. But the substantial comic royalties from Watchmen, Killing Joke, Tom Strong, V for Vendetta trade with bonus anonymoose mask sold in malls, etc... show up every month, and he has no problem taking it (and he shouldn't).

Who's the girl on that team with Terrific, Plas and Metamorpho?

I think most of the Dark Matter artists will be like that lol

FUckin Jim Lee is drawing one and you know he'll leave after 2 issues or delay everything after the 3rd

Phantom girl

Rob Liefeld has basically said this is true.

Same. Creative team's not half bad, either.