/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Hyena Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
From a Certain Point of View (Oct 3)
Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran (Oct 3)
Absolutely Everything You Need to Know: Updated and Expanded (Oct 3)
Star Wars #37 (Oct 4)
Captain Phasma 3 (Oct 4)
Darth Vader #6 (Oct 4)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - This is Star Wars Battlefront 2
youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

s0.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s0nDH1Cj3Q3e.mp3
reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/74bh6h/how_to_get_a_battlefront_ii_early_access_beta/
youtube.com/watch?v=KH5DJmcBMyE
youtube.com/watch?v=YoaUjUCQbMo
youtube.com/watch?list=PLzV-n2VYY4E9rlDD5hAXykzxXALo7VzrZ&v=fEYba1Rx2mw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey, it's storytime

>cadet reeeee

Is Dark Disciple on par with good TCW or not?
If not, is the story just bad or is it Golden that messes it up?

Leaked Battle of Crait track hidden in BFII beta

s0.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s0nDH1Cj3Q3e.mp3

It starts off pretty good, it just goes into a nosedive towards the end. It's hard to tell how much of the problem is with Golden and how much of the blame lies with Katie Lucas's scripts that the book is based on.

It's on par, but since the latter half wasn't finalized before cancellation it suffers little

Reposting from last thread:

Easy way to get into the beta early if you didn't preorder: reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/74bh6h/how_to_get_a_battlefront_ii_early_access_beta/

Worked for me

Kind of reminds me of the Trade Federation theme

BFII is fun, but it can get a little frustrating if an enemy is on a tear with a hero.

If you didn't like the first BF, this is more of the same

>deemd

Hm. It's not bad, but... I get the feeling Williams is kind of on autopilot. Maybe it'll sound better with the context of movie.

That's a bit disappointing to hear, did they add any worthwhile modes?

Proofreading is for people with attention spans

Is there a shred of imagination left in the Star Wars franchise?

It reminds me of the arena music from AOTC, which itself felt like the TF/Droid theme tweaked. It doesn't quite pop out the way those themes did though.

reminder: it's objectively canon that y-wings are the best ship

I doubt it's actually Williams. BF1 had loads of generic Star Wars sounding music.

Screw Ciena, tell me more about Boobwindow over there

>That Kendy
>That Jude

It does sound like generic Star Warsy music, so I hope you're right that this is just an original track, because I don't know if I can take two disappointing Williams SW scores in a row.

is it weird i find jude hot?

No. Jude was already my waifu when I read the book, seeing the manga depict her as a qt is just icing on the cake

too bad this won't last

nope

im reading the book too user. I know what happens

its makes a subtle reference to boners and asajj has to a slutty a couple times so theres that. everything else feels pretty tcw-ish to me

Exquisite taste in clothing

I guess I should clarify. The mechanics are basically unchanged, so you can find yourself running halfway to the objective, get picked off by some lucky guy or a basically unstoppable hero unit, and have to start all over again, which I personally find annoying.

That said, Galactic Assault is fun and keeps you moving pretty constantly. Starfighter Assault is actually deep now and had real objectives (as obbosed to BF1's "shoot this transport, ok, now just go back to dogfighting mindlessly). I haven't played strike yet.

Thanks for reading guys. Up on bato.to as always, probably gonna make a blog or something just for this. No pdf this week, don't have access to a comp.

Thanks again man!

DEFENDERFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

does that ship even get destroyed? i always wondered

I'm disappointed theres no bwing or defender in bf2, they're both great ships, but Y-fu is forever queen of starfighters

>I can give you anything you want Anakin just choose

I'm 99% sure its just disabled so that Vult Skerris can appear again in a later episode to blow away some rebel mooks and harass the Rebels while then getting killed in a dogfight in the final coupla episodes, probably by Hera or Wedge

Is that Stormtrooper who stunned Leia in A New Hope the first case of a character being completely different in canon from the EU?

>tfw even if there was a new Star Wars RPG it would be made by BioWare
Why live

I imagine a reason could be there is no "4th ship" equivalent for the CIS, First Order or Resistance.

Hell I'm not even sure the first order HAS a third ship

youtube.com/watch?v=KH5DJmcBMyE

haters gona hate

>there will never be another Empire at War or Republic Commando tier game again

>period in gaming history where I can finally destroy twi'lek pussy as a bull dyke jedi qt
>the twi'lek will be an ugly annoying cunt like the shrek asari from andromeda
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What bioware? The original staff is gone and the andromeda z listers got fired

they went the way of blizzard north did they?

were never gona get a quality video game ever again and if we do its going to be from some random out of no where studio.

i'm confused was there more to that it kinda just goes no where

Andromeda was the Bioware B team or C team. The A team that made Mass Effect 1-3 has been working on Anthem

It's just one chapter

youtube.com/watch?v=YoaUjUCQbMo

Andromeda was made by EA Montreal, renamed Bioware Montreal for the duration of the Andromeda project, they were an internal technical support unit for EA subsidiaries not a software development house. Bioware that made the games everyone knows is Bioware currently known as Bioware Edmonton. It's never changed beyond being turned into yet another EA subsidiary.

>fire at the side of the ship
>makes contact on the rear

Who animates this garbage?

After Inferno Squad I realized just how awful her writing actually is. Granted I doubt the episodes would have been that great since Katie Lucas's episodes weren't that great, but even Golden's short in From A Certain Point Of View was trash.

Who is the most pathetic character in the entirety of the franchise?

youtube.com/watch?list=PLzV-n2VYY4E9rlDD5hAXykzxXALo7VzrZ&v=fEYba1Rx2mw

Battlefront 2 soundtrack. Guy confirms Crait's music is not Williams and was done by the guy that did all of BF2's music.

Rey

Whew, that's a relief

wheres the virgin/chad edit of krennic/tarkin (respectively)

Honestly, probably Jar Jar. And I'm talking in-universe.

Boba Fett.

Nah, it's I love that they took the Mandofag's favorite and made him a little bitch while his dad is the cool one

I feel like the people who say this are just contrarians who hated him in the EU

Nah, I just base it on his appearance in the OT. Specifically the way he went out.

So I take it you've never seen ROTJ?

it's retroactive sour grapes from decades of mandowank so now they go SEE LOOK ITS CANON THAT HES SHIT LMAO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY THIS THING ARE WRONG

QED

No, there's just way more pathetic characters in Star Wars.

Name one character who's more pathetic than the man who was knocked out by a blind man accidentally using the force to conk him on the head with a fucking box

oh by the way watch how they will conveniently ignore any achievement or reputation Boba Fett attained by saying "it doesn't count because of my own autistic reasons and goalpost moves" and then post the irrelevant issue from the Star Wars comic where he's beaten by Luke as if that constitutes an argument

Exactly as I predicted, you even beat me to it.

>plot armored character survives encounter with slightly less plot armored character
wow...so this...is the power...of autism...damn...

>boba fett being beat by blind luke doesn't count because of my own autistic reasons

you have to have some balls of steel to fight on a y-wing. they tend to job harder than most other rebel dogfighters, imo.

What did you expect? The villain to kill the hero right in the middle of an already existing story? Get that Infinities AU garbage outta here, Jesus Christ just enjoy the comics

>dat first panel
>[skies of love intensifies]

Going back to rebels vs the empire is hard after the fun with Clones and Battle droids.

>Someone mentions Boba
>The shitting commences

Like clockwork. Might as well throw out EU, Reylo, and shilling while we're at it.

I can do you one better.
Shieldgate.

surprised its not on this considering how every single mention of Boba Fett in an /swco/ thread results in LOL HES JUST A PATHETIC JOBBING JOKE IN CANON NOW I CANT BELIEVE ANYBODY EVER LIKED HIM

it's so pitifully obvious sour grapes, just because the EU was trash doesn't mean everything from the movies mentioned in it was trash, are we supposed to hate Sheev too because he blew it with Endor and Luke?

Was Boba Fett not canonically the best bounty hunter in the galaxy circa the OT? Isn't that the very reason Jabba kept him on payroll?

I'm the furthest thing from a Bobafag but jeez you guys, give the man his dues.

Force Arena posting should be replaced, I haven't seen it hear in months.