DC’s The Terrifics w/ Tom Strong and Family

cbr.com/dc-terrifics-tom-strong/

>Mister Terrific, Plastic Man, Phantom Girl and Metamorpho — joined by Tom Strong and his family: wife Dhalua, daughter Tesla and their allies, the steam-powered robot Pneuman and the genius gorilla King Solomon.

>No details were provided, but more information will undoubtedly be revealed this weekend during New York Comic Con.

FULL IMAGE

And Alan Moore continues to roll over in his grave.

But I do love some Tom Strong.

They're really going for it, they're going through Moore's basement and trash for anything and everything.

>And Alan Moore continues to roll over in his grave.
Moore's alive.

What makes you think Moore would give a shit?

RACOONS
A
C
O
O
N
S

>DC buys the Maxwell the Magic Cat rights and shoves him into a Captain Carrot comic

lol what if Oz is really Majestic from the Big Chill

This is cool and all but I don't want the Tom Strong characters taking the spotlight. I'm fully invested in the relationship of the Terrifics.

I wouldn't call what DC did, does, and will continue to do to his legacy 'living'

You certainly care more about it than himself.

If Marvel wont save the Fantastic 4, then it is up to DC to keep the tradition alive.

is this the first real SCIENCE! hero comic for rebirth?

>DC has to make a Fantastic Four book because the people running Marvel have no respect for their own history

What relationship?

That remains to be seen. The hope is that there will develop an interesting and long-lasting dynamic.

Moorefags are so fucking pathetic. I love the guy's work too, but I really can't bring myself to give a shit about a guy who's lavishly wealthy (though he still lives like a working class brit lol) has all the praise and accolade he deserves, and still makes the comics he wants to but is such a fucking whiny bitch about disputes surrounding contracts he entered to voluntarily. Call me when he's blackballed or penniless.

Watchmen I can understand him getting angry over but he basically ceded Tom Strong and Top 10 over to other writers (mostly writers he trusted, but still). It's a different situation than with Watchmen. Hell, I think he'd rather they not touch Promethea.

Yeah Lemire can't handle a cast this big

He's only butthurt about Watchmen because of how many times he was burned by Hollywood trying to get the movie off the ground. So he decided it would be better if he had nothing to do with the movie or comic anymore since it was only causing him problems.

So, is that Dr. Doom expy Lord Havok, or an OC?

>implying he doesn't sleep in a grave

This, not a good announcement IMO. I was psyched to have a family dynamic like Animal Man but this is gonna be another disappointing lemire clusterfuck

I understand why he hates DC but why does he hate marvel?

He's probably just sick of contracts and rights and all that shit altogether, so he'd rather have nothing to do with any of his old works and just let other people have the money.

Moore declared some years ago that all superhero comics are childish and should not continue to be published because they perpetuate immaturity in their aging demographic of readers. He basically disavowed his entire career in cape comics.

>based bleaching man returns

Praise Jesus.

>it's written by Lemire

Oh boy. He cannot handle a cast this big...

Don't listen to
they're fucking casuals.

The first problem came about when he wrote Marvelman for Warrior Magazine in the early 80's. There was no problem until Warrior published a special that was titled Marvelman and then Marvel sent a cease and desist. To Moore this was stupid on account that Marvelman was around long before Marvel Comics started calling itself Marvel Comics, so that turned him against Marvel.

The second time was over rights to his Doctor Who stories. I forget what caused it (probably the UK laws were different than US), but those stories actually weren't done on a work-for-hire and so Moore would own the rights to the story he wrote. When Marvel reprinted them in the US without permission he got pissed off and vowed not to work for them. There were only two exceptions, one was for an X-Men benefit book and the other was for the 9-11 tribute book.

Are you actually saying that Moore didn't take a fat dump on the genre because then you're the casual.

>Taking what Moore says nowadays in interviews at face value

>Moore declared some years ago that all superhero comics are childish
Was this before or after Neonomicon? There are worse for a picture book to be than "childish".

Additionally, when he finally allowed Marvel to reprint his run on Captain Britain as a trade paperback, they had specifically promised him and Alan Davis some specific copyright/authorship acknowledgment (I forget what the credit was supposed to have been exactly). And of course Marvel left it out of the trade edition -- possibly just due to a sloppy oversight, but considering their history and the tone Marvel representatives took with him in negotiating the book even mere carelessness can be seen as having some contempt to it.
So he told them to fuck off again. (Which is at least one of the reasons why Marvel's Marvelman reprints weren't allowed to mention Moore's name on the cover and in promoting the book.)

>Lemire on a team book
Get ready for another Justice League "oh right that book was a thing" United

>The first problem came about when he wrote Marvelman for Warrior Magazine in the early 80's. There was no problem until Warrior published a special that was titled Marvelman and then Marvel sent a cease and desist. To Moore this was stupid on account that Marvelman was around long before Marvel Comics started calling itself Marvel Comics, so that turned him against Marvel.

In marvel's defence thats how they got the captain marvel rights. Yes Shazam was published before Marvel... but they stopped publishing a while ago. Same thing could probably apply to like the marvelman situation.

That being said the company is trying to protect its branding. I'm not against corporate practises like this.

>The second time was over rights to his Doctor Who stories. I forget what caused it (probably the UK laws were different than US), but those stories actually weren't done on a work-for-hire and so Moore would own the rights to the story he wrote. When Marvel reprinted them in the US without permission he got pissed off and vowed not to work for them. There were only two exceptions, one was for an X-Men benefit book and the other was for the 9-11 tribute book.

I am confused. Did US law supersede UK law or something?

>Metamorpho AND plasticman

Sign me the fuck up day 1 buy

It could go either way really. The design of the mask doesn't match perfectly any Lord Havok, but it's still a Doom-like guy with a white mask, so it could be just another new design. And he basically has a different design in every appearance anyway.

>this meme again
what is Black Hammer?

I had some hope when it was just Terrific, Phantom Girl, Metamorpho and Plas

But adding in 5 more characters? That's a bloated cast even for a decent team book writer.

I don't sympathize with Moore, rather his situation which isn't unique to him. These corporations have fucked over artists for decades.

>What is Black Hammer
A book about a family, or at least a group of people pretending to be one.

Buy my book!

>he doesn't know about Moore's secret wizard hibernation chamber

He is legally dead until a threat large enough to warrant his attention rouses him from eternal slumber

I want to cuck Tom Strong hard...with both his waifu and his daughteru...

>an user cucking Tom fucking Strong
>implying

user, I...