A fucking emo singer made one of the best spider-man stories to date

>a fucking emo singer made one of the best spider-man stories to date
How does that make you feel?

we will never get a sp//dr solo series ;_;

Gerry is to busy running his own part of DC.

I wouldn't say it's one of the best spider-man stories to date, but it was the best part of spiderverse.

I new I wasn't the only one who loved this

Gerry is a solid writer, writes a bit too close to Morrison but its fine

>grant morrisons protégé made a good comic
Shocked

SP//dr was alright, but it really could have done with less blatant anime references. Everybody knows about Eva, Cowboy Bebop, etc. now.

If anyone can find a copy of Gerard's first comic On Raven's Wings that would be cool.

>Morrison's fucktoy writes a good story
wow what a surprise.

Spider-Verse series were good because they could drop their best moments at once with no repercussions. The regular series has to worry about continuity, about bringing people back every month.

It was the equivalent every regular issue being a "Death of Gwen Stacy" or "Master Planner".

>SP//dr was alright
Pretty much. That's all it is.

>Everybody knows about Eva, Cowboy Bebop, etc. now.
So?
You're talking like it was some sort of secret club
You're literally autistic, aren't you?

What was that MORE GWENS?! Okay have 9 more Gwen versions

We could have gotten more of this if the stupid fans didn't latch onto the lamest spiderverse comic because they thought the costume was cool

It isn't because of the many gwens.

It is because of the writer isn't giving a crap.

So is anyone going to storytime this

Sometime, I think she is best legacy character for spider-man.

Uhm, yeah. Since the 90s when they aired.
That's why they get referenced. Nobody does references to Stealth Symphony for a reason. What's Stealth Symphony? Exactly.

Shoulda referenced Outlaw Star.

>a fucking emo singer
>Blah blah blah look at me I'm a big stupid dummy head and the only thing I know about Gerard Way is he was in a famous band

Anyone who's read one of his books could have told you sp//dr was going to be good. He's Grant Morrison's pupil. Go read Umbrella Academy.

Sidenote, if you want to see Grant dance in his underwear, watch the music video for Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na) or however many fucking Nas it is

And I want more recognition for Otoyomegatari.
But references are meaningless if nobody can even tell what you are doing, so I won't get a lot of background-Amiras.

Holy shit, Stealth Symphony.

I remember being super fucking excited for that. Narita on JUMP? sign me up. Yeesh.

Otoyomegatari is super recognized in Japan though. It won multiple awards. And Kaoru Mori is pretty well known in manga circles.

I want more of this one so fucking bad.

Regardless what the fuck has Dustin Weaver been doing since Secret Wars?

How about Golden Kamui references?

This one...

His own anthology book at Image.

The concept of a multiversal destroyer isn't bad.

Perhaps if it wasn't a family of retarded vampires it would have worked better.

I can never remember which half of her name to capitalize

Yeah, but US cannot into good manga. Is trufax.
Because there's gonna be tits somewhere and then it's 18+ and nobody carries that.
So it would be a reference missing the primary market and going for a complete non-starter. And while the author is widely recognised, even in Japan the chance for someone recognising her characters is significantly lower than complete pop-cultural icons like the Lupin cast.
And unlike Mr. Jones-Quartey, he doesn’t owe anybody an ending to a comic.

I liked Danger Days. It was fun.

>but it really could have done with less blatant anime references. Everybody knows about Eva, Cowboy Bebop, etc. now.
I cringe everytime.

Waiting for Hickman to finish his FUCKING SHIELD BOOK.

Gerard Way is rad as hell. I'm not surprised.

it makes me wonder why SJWmarvel didnt continue with this one, it would be an "interesting way" to make some popular animu charcters and shit "canon" in marvel including the old Mangaverse

like Duo Maxwell and Kaneda as the ghost riders, Char as Victor Von Doom of that earth, Old Sakura as The Supreme Sorcerer and the list goes on

What? How the fuck do you suppose they'd get the rights to those characters?

mah nigga

Dustin posts on his Tumblr a lot about this. It's 100% finished and done Marvel just...don't fucking want it.

He's posted previews of the final two issues like a dozen times basically saying it's done and....they've done nothing with it.

Wasn't it just a EVA tribute