Is this the only "Forced diversity" group that felt somewhat natural

Is this the only "Forced diversity" group that felt somewhat natural

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gTuYqYM0w58
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah

Captain Planet did a good job too, since they were actually people from allover the world.

>one token black character
>forced diversity

Doesn't even have an Asian in there.

What about Rescue Heroes?

>three whites
>irish
>jewish
>two blacks
>latina
>middle eastern or something in the back

They literally look like the burger kings kid club, down to the colors

>all over the world
>no Australian Planeteer.

its only 2/6 non white. Maybe its looks more natural because its rare that group of 6 friends will actually all be 6 different races.

1/6. Italian is white.

I thought Extreme Ghostbusters and Hey Arnold did okay. I didn't often find myself focused on the race of the characters in either show.

Do you really think a drunken Australian kid would have added anything to Gaia's cause?

Pretty much any group from you childhood is going to look better because you were young and liked things and hadn't been half-convinced by retards that the Jews were using superheroes and video games to end western civilization.

Extreme Ghostbusters was pretty ok

Was Gus Jewish?
For the life of me, I can't remember, but it's a thought that has just come to my mind.

i thought Wind girl was Australian. i dont remember

>2/6
Who's the other non-white one?

Russian.

>Italian is white

No she was Russian .

Not really. The issue wasn't the racial makeup of the group, but that the Recess gang still fell into the same problem that a lot of "diverse" kid groups do: realistically, none of these kids would ever hang out often, if at all.

lol Gus was the nordic, TJ was the jew

Why do you think gus was jewish?

Isn't Spinelli a spic?

What made you think Gus was Jewish?

The only one I can't see in the gang is Vince, not even because he was black but because he was literally the stereotype of bb players

I always cringe at 90s shows when they make the black kid some "Kind hearted basketball bro"

I just recalled one of the kids being Jewish and stereotypes led me to point at Gus. Anyway, thanks for the correction.

A challenger appears.

>Sinelli

She's Italian.

bad reaction images don't make him less correct

Other than doing roughly 70% of the shit talking, not much.

Spinelli is an eyetie

What was forced about it?

What about cool shoes wannabe?

The only two that make sense are TJ, since he has natural charisma so he'd get along with anyone, and Gus, since he's a tagalong (at first anyway). The others don't feel like they'd really have much in common with anyone else in the group. Not that they'd be unfriendly, but they wouldn't all be best friends who do everything together.

>stereotypes led me to point at Gus
Then why didn't you think of the cunning leader or the literal rat?

The fact that there is any diversity at all. People never interact with other races by choice.

red heads are also a minority group.
and fat kids count as exclusivity

>he fell for Sup Forums propaganda

No

This was a forced diversity group

I always find it funny when diversity groups still have more white people than any other race.

q > t > b > dogshit > a

Atlantis nailed it, though it was a throwback to a pulpy "exotic" diversity.

If you think it was natural, that's kind of missing the point of them being a ragtag team.

The only thing that's forced is boys being friends with girls. That never actually happens.

99% sure Spinelli is adopted.

Kids Next Door was pretty good at it too- and had well written characters from both genders

Magic Schoolbus?

It's whiter than you, stupid Americuck.

>Spicnelli

>Forced diversity
What the fuck are you talking about? This is the classic 5 man band plus Gus. It's "forced diversity" because they had a black guy and some girls?

So you never had any female friends, sure, but are you really trying to say you didn't see the more normal boys and girls hanging out with eachother?

this

my favorite /vco/ forced diversity
>black nerdy girl
>dude munchies lmao asian
>pushover spic
>spunky ginger who really wanted the spic dicc

Depends on North/South.

it's the burger king big kids club secret big kids only club

Why is Kid Vid black now?

>the comic Marvel wishes it could replicate

Holy shit, forgot this existed.

Good taste. Q is a qt.

I'd ask how that is Sup Forums, but... oh MAN were those games ever awesome.

same shit. Italians are the spics of europe.

Criminals can't be heroes.

Isn't that the Spanish?

everyone should be a straight white thin male or else it's forced diversity

Are you dissin' Jake Justice?

No, you need at least one straight white thin girl to lust after, otherwise it's gay.

It's kidkino
youtube.com/watch?v=gTuYqYM0w58

Like paw patrol on steroids
Or GI Joe if they had no terrorists to fight

Extreme ghostbusters didn't feel natural, but it got by because they executed the hell out of it, and didn't cut back on Garret's massive swinging dick on wheels. Which reminds me. There should be a virgin/chad image with a 2016 ghostbuster and Garret.

Yes. Being a sick cunt smacktalker, ala captain Boomerang. Bonus question: Abbo or bogan?

kek'd

I can't believe our only Burger King got rid of it's park

That shit had a fucking suspended rocket ship you could climb inside. Like 15-20 feet high. It was awesome.

you jest, but a weird portion of Sup Forums actually feels this way, because they also for some reason think that demographic is 90% of the audience (instead of just 90% of Sup Forums)

and people think there's no way that artists could've just felt like making a character that wasn't a straight white male, nope, every artist was clearly forced to make not-straight white male characters

The original Kid Vid got retconned by the Whizz Kid.

You say that, but when an artist feels like making a majority of their characters white or straight or male, they get attacked.

To clarify, it's forced diversity when characters are diverse for the sake of it and not because it ties into the plot or their individual personalities. Take Recess, you have at the very least three regular white kids and only the one black kid in the group, but they're distinct enough as the leader, athlete, tomboy, brain, gentle giant, and new kid that it works just fine.

It's also forced diversity, in every sense of the phrase, when they make a traditionally white character non-white for no other reason than to do it. Now, that doesn't mean that the media is automatically going to be god awful, but it does evoke a certain sense of mismanaged priorities.

>Italians are the spics of europe
>when Spain exists

That's like saying the Taiwanese are the spics of Asia when the Philippines exist.

looser

well they did actually attempt to make them friends
every other time diversity kids usually just know each other by name
conceptually it makes sense, but the group doesn't really interact as friends all to much

So would a gang of black gay kids be considered forced diversity?

Shit, why can't it be done for the sake of it? It's not like the writer can't think about other things, and if they don't? That's just bad writing.

Urbance bombed, get over it.

Kids Next Door was too

>persecution complex

>Diversity
>No males
Huh

>when characters are diverse for the sake of it and not because it ties into the plot or their individual personalities

What? So you're only allowed to have black characters if you make them a stereotype? What the fuck does "forced" mean anymore? Am I, as an artist, only allowed to make straight white males unless I take extra caution to make everyone else some kind of retarded stereotype?

scandalous

KND

>reading comprehension

Okay, so if I felt like making a character that wasn't a straight white male, then I need to come up with an excuse to do it other than just feeling like it?

No, it's fine if you do it because you feel like it as opposed to doing it because you feel obligated to shoehorn a character like that in.

So then why do people call everything "forced" if they don't know the artists intent?

No they just need to not be token. It's so weird how hard this is for people to understand. Elba as Heimdal is a great example of forced diversity that ironically worked well anyway because he's a good actor.

If it's natural, it isn't forced, you dipshit.

So if I wanna make a black character I need to make sure there's more than one?

So much nostalgia right here man

>Kids Next Door
>Recess
>Hey Arnold
>Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
(Edwardo the Latino, Wilt the Polite Token Black Guy, CoCo the arguably weird Asian girl. Though they weren't even human so that might be cheating)
>Rugrats
All that comes to mind at the moment.

>implying huffing petrol isn't a valid power

You're not gonna make any character in the first place anyway because you can't fucking read, so I doubt you can write.

Yeah, for Captain Pollution.

How was Coco Asian, unless you're a weeb and thought she was saying ここ

I'm pretty sure Coco was supposed to be Caribbean, especially considering she's literally based off the idea of an island vacation.

Wow great argument, you really convinced me.

She's based off the stuff a little girl sees after surviving a plane crash on an uninhabited island. I think if Coco is any race she'd be the same as the little girl who imagined her and probably died on that island (probably white).