Realistically, would there be any strategic advantage for somebody to invade New Zealand or Australia?

Realistically, would there be any strategic advantage for somebody to invade New Zealand or Australia?
What economical or geographical reason would someone need to bomb or occupy this place, and which superpower would do it?
Is there any reason to defend ourselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcu9BxTpQj4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_disposal_of_radioactive_waste
youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3892120/Love-Bug-kangaroo-hops-goat-called-Boo-Exotic-Animal-Experience-Orlando-Florida.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>occupy straya
>forget that everything is poisonous and/or hostile
>die from bug bite or unarmed kangaroo

Stop oppressing the emus you fucking bogan piece of shit.

YOU are the occupiers.

AUSTRALIA BELONGS TO THE BIRDS.

PIC RELATED: Emu war hero Spazzy McGee is forced to spend the rest of his life in a pen, laughed at by children for his long neck and wispy feathers.

Nuke base.
A giant nuke base.

No thanks, we all know what happened in Castle Bravo. I don't want the same to happen here.

We are about to invade your country.

Pauline Hanson is leading the way with this movement

Just a heads up.

>Realistically, would there be any strategic advantage for somebody to invade New Zealand or Australia?

Not New Zealand. But Australia is a strategic staging area for US forces and has several US military bases. If the US didn't have access to it's base in Japan for some reason Australia would be pretty important.

A lot of trade goes through here and losing our ports or access to our resources and agriculture could be harmful to the global economy.

For what purpose? Are you going to send all of your criminals here?

Control straya and get infinite emu WMDs to enslave the world.

Get NZ and make more LOTR kino

The Japanese contemplated it.

They decided attempting a blockade would be the more effective method of dealing with us.

First the British, then the U.S., don't concern themselves with a land invasion of Australia. They know if they can maintain the sea lanes, they can keep it as top shelf staging area to handle the pacific.

The only reason to invade Australia and/or New Zealand would be to weaken our western allies.

If you've ever played Risk you know that only huge faggots want to occupy that shit area.

The only time it's been discussed, the entire purpose was to stop the British or Americans from having a staging ground.

Australia has lots of Uranium and gold and shit, I guess. Otherwise the 2 countries only really serve as lebensraum.

Fook off m8
I'm gonna buy a schooner, get a hobo crew, then go to Somalia to arm it with that sweet sweet discount black market weaponry

Australia has a lot of space and mineral wealth. New Zealand has lots of fresh water. All of those are appealing to Chang, who is currently invading and annexing both countries.

There are a lot of resources on this barren chunk of rock that the chinkas would love to get their yellow little hands

Whoever occupies Australia and New Zealand must either:
>be allied with the leading naval superpower
or
>BE the leading naval superpower

Maybe in a few decades, if the Chongs start catching up to us.

Wrong. China is already occupying both of us.

No they're replacing* you.
>It's less costly than invasion/ occupation.

>If the US didn't have access to it's base in Japan for some reason Australia would be pretty important.
Never mind their satellite outpost at Pine Gap...

Pic related: The average street in Auckland

BAHAHAHAHA

aw

you actually bring up a good point. other than being a possible staging area for an attack on the australian mainland or nearby islands, i don't see any reason for anyone to invade.

we need a naval base, beer, and some opals, you can keep the vegemite though

Is that Domnion Rd?

Happy 75th Birthday to the Kiwi Navy m8s!

Brits didn't even send a ship, pathetic IMO.

Come to think of it, the current trend is that NZ Europeans and Maori are moving to rural towns en masse. The government has even encouraged this, offering $5000 to any beneficiary who relocates outside of Auckland. The Labour party is also suggesting to wipe student debt for students who move to rural towns.

If the pattern continues, the wealthy city districts will be majority Chinese while the rest of us will be working on farms.

Why do I think a lot of those are fronts to launder in money from China?

NZ has no navy, would it even be called an invasion?

Yes it is! I live in Mount Albert, I should have sent a picture of that suburb to explain how bad it is.

We have an army solely for the purpose to fight Britain and USA's wars

youtube.com/watch?v=lcu9BxTpQj4

springboard for south american invasion of southeast asia
but currently that's not possible

you kiwis have the cooliest BDUs/camo patterns. jelly

Shipping Lanes and Basing.

We've got 2 guys in a waka with a cricket bat. Keeps the boat people away.

Well there was an episode of Sliders where 99% of the world's men died and the Australian women took over half the earth and formed rape squads to hunt down the remaining men. What are the odds of that happening do you think?

I get my hair cut from just across the road from that pic I think, Iranian guy (i think) pretty based barber.
I used to live in mount albert, moved out west, it and sandringham are fucking little india it always stinks of curry shit

Annex Auckland from NZ, it can be its own country.

Finland? I thought the soldier was a chink.

Australia has one of the largest Uranium deposits in the world. Plus shit load of other natural resources.

But to invade and occupy Australia would be extremely hard. In WW2 Japan gave up because they realized they would need an unblockable naval supply and 250 000 troops just to hold parts of North Australia. It's easy to forget just how large Australia is even though 95% of it is empty.

The outback is good for testing nukes.. I dont know if youd call that "strategic".
As for making basses, dad has us hook up with a shit ton of islands where we can park our boats and do general empiring.

I've been thinking about this for a while and come to the conclusion that NZ is far more vulnerable than Australia - in fact it should be Aust not NZ that pulled out of ANZUS - Why? Because no one can hold Australia - if it ever comes under contest then no-one will ever be able to pull off controlling the whole area - most likely at least a third of the region will remain an unstable quagmire of armed rebels. Consider China comes down and takes the capitals of the South East - Sydney and Melbourne fall (oh ye and Canberra as well lol) but before they can do anything the army has retreated and consolidated so they can't take Queensland. At some, after several decades China will have to accept a peace treaty and sure maybe there will be change but there will not be unchallenged dominance. NZ on the other hand is a sitting duck and if I was playing Civilisation by Sid Meier I would probs take NZ first as a foot hold for taking Australia

TLDR - Australia is far safer than NZ but its NZ which thinks its disconnected from all vulnerabilities in the world. Take NZ first and then you've got the perfect inroad to BTFO'ing Syd and Melbourne. Consider the trade embargo they could put on us especially if they got Indonesia and Tasmania as well.

I thought they gave up because their navy got sunk?

>Implying they wouldn't just carpet bomb you cunts with mustard gas or something.

>Chinks carpet bomb Melborune and Sydney
>The rest of the country celebrates

WW3 can't come soon enough.

What's the point?

Not like you cunts would go anywhere.

>finland
caught me off guard, hearty keks

>mustard gas
>using mustard gas in the current
>its 2016

So they carpet bomb all of Australia or just the CBD districts of two cities thus killing tonnes of civilians but not even touching the military. Good move.

oooh round 3 of the south china sea stuff. should be good. the australians arent at 100% because they lost people and the brits cant afford any loses just like the americans.

any loss in naval power will ruin everything. this is all or nothing and the chinks are going to nuke them again. yes 1 missile sub remote controlled with 1 nuke on a kamikaze mission again. the west never learns

the worst part is they have to make up another excuse as to why people wont go home over faggotry.

>new zealand
they would control 80% of the world's nicest scenery
>australia
access to 100% of the world's best shitposters

Not the CBDs, I mean they'll gas you in the outback.

Outside of the Cities NZ is kind of cunt to get around.

Yeah we're going to deport all the Maori back there, and all the Abo's as interest.

Enjoy m8.

kek

Agreed

Nice GIF mate.

Take ALL the JAFAs, and PUSH THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE!

>BOOMERANGS WERE FOUND BURIED IN NEW ZEALAND
>PRE-DATE MAORI ARRIVAL
>NZ NOW TECHNICALLY ABORIGINAL LAND
>ABORIGINAL LAND IS AUSTRALIAN LAND

GO BACK TO OLD ZEALAND FAGGOTS

THATS OUR LAND NOW

SAY IT WITH ME Sup Forums

MAAHHHHHH LANNND

Fucking Kiwis have the shittest cam.

Pretty good places like Afghanistan in summer. Also we shoot the enemy before they shoot us, we're also not total cunts so the locals love us!

Australia has the worlds larges Uranium deposits

>They were and are scared away by the bird population.

Ain't the first time.

Me funny reddit straya may may

I read somewhere that alot of data via the underground internet cables come through us. That would be worth something to someone

I lol'ed for 2 minutes at that gif

space and resources.

With current tech you could literally turn the non-nuked parts of our desert into enough farms to feed the world.

I was always a fan of this one, as well.

I hope this happens just to fuck Kim Dotcom over. Fuck him.

Why would you even want to invade that shithole when your country is absolutely beautiful?

almost died from laughter.

post yfw Best Zealand starts ww3 by nuking ausfalia with out secret nuke stockpile

out of 14 countries nz is one that has radioactive waste sites in its waters

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_disposal_of_radioactive_waste

>revealing the locations of our secret stockpile

Any kiwi male under 30 is a beta religious "god is great" while trying their hardest to copy black American hip hop culture.

Fuckwits. The older maoris (mates dads, my brothers mates) are based af. The younger ones are fucked.

Nobody wants New Zealand, except Peter Jackson.

>Any kiwi male under 30 is a beta religious "god is great"
?

If you take over Australia you can put all your armies in Siam which stops your opponents from conquering Asia!

As somebody who actually isn't a fucking convict, I can say most people over here are pretty xenophobic ESPECIALLY the Maoris. The average person is either vehemently against immigration or just simply apathetic.

The government likes to pretend we're really tolerant, but try being Chinese in the South Island and see how long you go before Skinheads beat you to death

Australia has a shit ton of precious ore, such as lithium and uranium.

NZ has hobbits and moria.

youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY

> you will never fly on chopper shooting savage animals GTA style

why live

That fucking GIF

My favourite

>moria
just commit

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3892120/Love-Bug-kangaroo-hops-goat-called-Boo-Exotic-Animal-Experience-Orlando-Florida.html

We have Uranium deposits in Southland but don't tell anyone

The Pacific ocean is the largest body of water on a planet that's surface is mostly water.

Any land in the Pacific is valuable because of logistics. You can't traverse the entire Pacific without stopping in land.

commit what?

commit to calling you a cunt?

South Island is white man's land.

this guy gets it

If poland had a way of getting their whole armed forces to australia, we could easly conquer your whole shitty "continent". you unruly descendants of thugs, robbers and rapists would stand no FUCKING chance against our modern leopard 2s, T84's, and disciplined armey. pic related - our leopard 2 with most recent upgrade package. the few abrams you have would be penetrated no problem, their DU armor would offer no significant advantage over the shit that saudi arabia gets in export packages. try to prove me wrong you shits, because you can't.

>Navy
More like Coast Guard. Only they can't guard shit

We don't have to, you gopnik fucks learned your lesson in 1939

The clacking of your winged hussars would attrack the emus to defend their territory and then it would be all over.

Inside of cities NZ is a cunt to get around

I remember that episode. Poor professor was graded as C grade meat. Ironic, after a career of giving poor grades based on the intellectual performance of the individual. But a lifetime of captive snoo snoo anyway so...