Which actually makes the best "final boss" of Marvel? Which is the best character?

Which actually makes the best "final boss" of Marvel? Which is the best character?

Thanos=Ultron>Glacatus>apocalypse>onslaught

how can you possibly think for a second its anyone other than full bodysuit darkseid

Tripfag, I...

none, they all job like bitches!

oh right there's two of them there eh

full bodysuit darkseid with bedazzled hulk hand

This Onslaught sucks ass.

Galactus is supposed to be the most powerful of those guys, but he has been jobbed out so many times that he has become a joke. Same with ApocaLIPS.

Of the rest Onslaught is probably the most dangerous.

>Of the rest Onslaught is probably the most dangerous.
He got killed by having random fucks sucide charge him.

Apocalypse is the one involved in better stories so it's him.

No. If we're going by that metric then Galactus wins.

It's all conditional to me really.
Firstly I don't see Galactus ever being final boss material since depending on the narrative he either has a role as a balancing abstract or a rule due to needing something remaining to sustain himself.
Ultron's always just left me underwhelmed for some reason. I guess the machine uprising threat concept ran thin with me after seeing it so often.

Now we get to the real stuff. Thanos is high up there but only when he has the master plan, throwing him in for the sake of it like his recent stints dilutes his threat and significance since he shows up, does nothing and then leaves or is defeated. As an aside this whole move from Death to Nothingness worship is asinine, something I'd expect from Kingdom Hearts writing.

Speaking of nothing, Apocalypse is second up in potential but rarely practice. See I only find him fascinating in the whole horseman of the Chariots of the Gods sense where he's preparing life for the coming of the Celestials, and I never really get that pay off with him so he never seems worthwhile. I'd like to see a story around him that's something out of /x/.

Lastly is Xavier's dark side, it's admittedly an interesting concept but the execution needs work and I feel there's something lacking in Onslaught's capacity to make him feel a legitimate threat beyond a certain point. I'd throw out suggestions but in case Marvel's listening I don't want to give them anymore Xavier events after that Bendis thing, what with him already coming back and mention of Legion being used for an event too.

Lastly I get how using Shuma, much like Thanos and Apocalypse, is a precarious thing since if he does nothing then it deflates his threat and if he does anything then everyone should be well and fucked, but I still feel something like him, something foreign to the marvel universe would make for the best final opponent since it's something entirely alien to everyone, no allegiances or concern for what becomes of them.

This can't be a real post. Galactus and Thanos stand head and shoulders over those 90s X-Clusterfucks in terms of quality of story, even including recent overexposure.

lips never came across as that much of a threat
onslaught was pretty good but his very existence depended on a very specific sequence of events.
Ultron has the potential to be as devastating as the Annihilation wave but we havent seen it
Thanos has successfully ended the universe...

I agree with this. Apocalypse belongs higher on the list but he's a fucking idiot.

zeno-sama is here.

Doom the Annihilating Conqueror
Ultron controlling the Phalanx
Shuma Gorath

>Apocalypse
He's the final boss to only the X-men.

>Galactus
Not exactly the final boss, is more like a big obstacle and not really a threat to the universe.

>Onslaught
Maybe, but nah. He's too generic to be a final boss.

>Ultron
Now we're getting somewhere. This guy is definitely final boss material.

>Thanos
Now that's the stuff, but quite frankly, Thanos is old news. He was a former final boss, but now he's more like Baal from the Disgea series who's an extra Boss to beat from time to time.

And for shame OP... You neglected Doctor Doom and Mephisto? Really? The latter really needs his own arc wherein he gains ultimate power like Thanos. He's been trying to get more and more of it and it only makes sense that he finally gets his own event where all the heroes have to beat him.

>thanos always wants to lose and just die
>apocalypse is a joke even for the xmen
>onslaught is a mess
>galactus isn't even a villain, just an antagonist
>ultron is barely above avengers level threat (which is aight) outside of the time he was leader of the phalanx

I guess Thanos takes it by default.

thanos

my reason: galactus is more like nature, apoc is jobber, onslaught is bland, ultron is small scope and more personal to avengers.

Thanos - comically inept but actually powerful
Apocalypse - shortsighted and nowhere near even a global level threat
Onslaught - should've stayed dead. His 15 minutes of fame ended when Heroes Reborn started.
Galactus - hasn't technically been a villain for a long time. Never technically was a villain. Jack Kirby and Stan Lee created him as a riff on "What if the F4 fought God?"
Ultron - Definitely a universal tier threat, but I don't think he even holds a candle to Doctor Doom in terms of villain accomplishments.

Your list is shit, OP. Sorry.

>Your list is shit, OP. Sorry.

But Doom is portrayed as just a guy...Capcom games never even gave him the honor of being a final boss, he's just another villain

what about the phoenix force?

deadpool?

existance itself

the celestials
or time - what was that series about a bunch of superheroes jumping from one parallel dimension to the next?

Thanos

annihilus fucked some shit up

Doom is not just a guy. Doom is Doom.
All memes aside, people have mentioned far better villains in terms of scope, power, and decent levels of exposure.
I'd love to see another Annihilus--centric storyline or a high-stakes Mephisto story. Not out of the current Marvel staff, mind you, but from a good writer.

Sort-of-relevant: What would be good first time reading for Galactus?

Doom is portrayed as a Magneto/Green Goblin level guy, he's all powerful when the plot demands he be but he's still just an arch villain, not a gigantic threat

His very first appearance.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #4

Thanos for just how ridiculous he is.

Smarter than Iron Man.

Stronger than the Hulk.

Better magic than Dr. Strange.

And he's a God like Thor, only more powerful. Plus the dumb "cosmic powers" he's got.

In his own comic, he took back his godhood after the concept of Death stole it from him, and now he's brawling it out with the Phoenix, that thing that completely bitch-slapped all the heroes of Earth in AvX. His power level is maximum.

He's so brokenly and obscenely overpowered it's basically a joke. He was designed to be the ultimate villain, the one every hero would need to unite against and even then that wouldn't be enough. It's just that you can't keep a character around that long and let him stay as powerful, so we've got dumb stuff like him jobbing at the start of Civil War II.

Objective truth here. It's too bad, I like Apocalypse the best, but he doesn't have the same reach as some others. He's a great boss, but by no means a final boss.

>never read original secret wars
>inb4 doom is hero fag

>Smarter than Iron Man.
Really? It's Tony you use as the benchmark for smart? Not Reed, or Doom, or Pym, Tony? He's lucky he got EXTREMIS'd.

>unironically thinking any of those fuckers can be the 'final boss' while Dr Doom exists

smdhtbhfam

>deadpool
Explain

>literally grabbed Beyonders powers while latter was performing live autopsy on him
Are others even trying?

GALACTUS HAS NEVER BEEN A FINAL BOSS YOU IGNORANT FUCKS

WHERE DID THIS MEME EVEN COME FROM

Jesus Christ you don't know anything about Thanos

/thread in one reply. good job user

>Ultron has the potential to be as devastating as the Annihilation wave but we havent seen it
yes we did, it was Annihilation Conquest, which I liked better than Annihilation.
Also in Rage of Ultron he 'killed' everyone

MvC3 and that Fantastic Fur movie

Where does Dormammu rank in all of this? I know he's below them, but by how much? Is he stronger than Magneto or Scarlet Witch?

Best final boss

For any of us Vikings, it's Ragnarok. And that means there is no one final boss, you have Fenrir, Loki, Surtur, Jormungand all destroying heaven and earth

He is stronger than Magneto or Scarlet Witch by virtue of ruling his own Universe.

In his Dark Dimension Dormammu is allpowerfull. Outside of it he is a bit weaker than Galactus, but still stronger than Thanos, Ultron or Onslaught.

>not Surtur