I just binged this show after learning about it through horses. Wow is it amazing. It's a bit too fast paced...

I just binged this show after learning about it through horses. Wow is it amazing. It's a bit too fast paced, especially in later episodes, but I think this is my favorite contemporary cartoon now.

Other urls found in this thread:

equestriadaily.com/2017/02/toy-fair-2017-my-little-pony-preview.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's really good.

Its pretty good

You could start by telling us what it's called

Any rips yet?

Hanazuki, its on hasbro's yt channel

Does anyone have the short from the movie?

this

It's good shit, eh? Happy to know that equus ferus caballus is introducing more people to the show, it really deserves more (non-children on Youtube's Kids app) attention than it's getting. It does have a bit of a pacing problem, but it's not break-neck speed or anything, thankfully. It tells and shows what it needs to, and is cute as fuck while doing it.

Hoping that the short (or just word of mouth) opens more people up to it.

Now the important question: Favorite Moonflower?

Also curious

It's kinda hilariously ironic seeing bronies shit on this over at /mlp/.

Did you watch the short? What was it about? My favorite moonflower is Kiazuki but Hanazuki is a close second. I love how cute and innocent the show is but how it also deals with these really significant themes.

looks neat

I'm someone who is probably going to jump ship after S6 and S7 have been very disappointing and the movie was lackluster to the point of draining. I've lost interest in ponies but Hanazuki has gotten my spirits up. It feels like S1 where you had these naive, innocent characters that felt very small in a huge unknown world.

Painfully, no, I haven't seen the short. I've heard that it's about Yellow being a little twit and mucking about with one of Hanazuki's treasures, and hijinks ensue.

The show's writing does feel like a breath of fresh air. The motto of the show at one point was "there's no such thing as a bad mood," and thankfully they're not just doing the whole "it's okay to be afraid/sad!" Literally the first episode is "yes, it's absolutely fine to yell at stupid shits for being stupid shits." Even despair, the "bad" emotion seems to have its positive uses, as shown by Kiazuki and Kiyoshi. It takes a simple theme, emotions, and gives it some fun depth.

Also, good taste. Though my tastes are a little less refined.

Is it being discussed at all? I only spy one rather quiet thread, and it seems a 50/50 split on opinion. But maybe they're discussing it in one fo the dozen other threads talking about the movie.

It wouldn't surprise me if bronies didn't like Hanazuki, not that I can fathom why. Isn't it written by a good deal of MLP veterans? I'd think "cute girl going on cute adventures with dark undertones" would be right up their alley. Is there a common complaint they have?

>I've heard that it's about Yellow being a little twit and mucking about with one of Hanazuki's treasures, and hijinks ensue.
Sounds like cute filler.

I really love how they're dealing with these themes of expressing emotion in a child-friendly way. Like you said, they've even talked about despair as an emotion, and also inspiration which was unique and nice. The Big Bad seems to be a metaphor for depression which sucks up all your emotion and pleasure in life, leaving you bereft of anything. It really shines through with Kiazuki and I loved the ending of S1.

I'm sad that I binged it so haphazardly though. I can't wait for S2.

>Is there a common complaint they have?
I just read meme arguments like it's pedoshit and that it's made for toddlers.

found some new pics from twitter

Heard this show being described as "Evangelion for kids"
Can anyone confirm...?

So cute!

What do they mean by "Evangelion for kids"? I guess it's about a character who is against all odds to fight against some existentialist threat which acts as a metaphor for hopelessness but she's really optimistic about things.

One of the crew did some Eva parody pic

I dunno if I'd go that far. But it definitely has some freaky, almost Lovecraftian undertones.

It's amazing how far just a bit of shading and lighting goes towards improving how something looks. Also confirms for me that the soft glow from a moonflower's hair and clothing does not overtake the light from other sources. Good to know for fanart purposes.

Are there any Little Dreamer-Kyubey edits?

Not that I'm aware of. That sounds like a great idea, though. Pernicious little bastard...

Someone could do a nice Madoka Magica twist on the show.

bump

So no Kiazuki in the short?

According to /mlp/ this happened:
>Hanazuki is helping the Hemka go down this rainbow slide thing, but Little Dreamer arrives when it's Yellow's turn
>Little Dreamer gives her a gem
>Feeling ignored, Yellow snatches the gem and runs to the dark side of the Moon
>Hanazuki catches up to them, and they try to get out without waking up this beast that's near them
>It wakes up, and they're chased off a cliff with lava at the bottom
>Yellow gets separated, but Hanazuki manages to save them
>The beast is so touched by their love that it helps them out of there, and gives them their gem back
>Also the gem turns yellow and has a face for some reason

Well that explains this smug fuck's face.

This is a bit interesting, though. I mean, not the plot, it's fairly basic and that's fine, it's a short. But I mean that this is NOT the short with "Moonzuki" that was mentioned and apparently briefly shown earlier this year at some preview event.

Oh well, time to wait for 2-4 months to learn about that, then.

Yellow hemka's face over there is too funny.

What's the Moonzuki short that was mentioned? I just got into this show.

At this year's Toy Fair back in 2017, there was apparently a Hasbro preview event for various brands. Not many people seemed to report on it, but one source gave a brief run down of the event-
equestriadaily.com/2017/02/toy-fair-2017-my-little-pony-preview.html
>Hana Zuki plug from Megan. Clip of Hana learning from the Moon Zuki about her role in the world!

And that's literally all the info we got on it. No one recorded it, and there's been no mention past this. However, Titmouse employees HAVE been teasing "Moonzuki" a little, such as giving Momflower (a fan character, pic related) the title, but that could also just be them having some fun. And so, when Hanazuki threads were more common earlier this year, there was a little theorizing that Moonzuki would be a mother figure of some sort. Though some people also thought it'd just be the moon literally talking to Hanazuki (the creepy moon face in the show's opening). I'm hoping that's not the case, but we'll see.

Provided the info wasn't a jape, what this tells me is that it's something either in Season 2, or in some stand alone shorts that Hasbro has said will be releasing at some point.

>back in 2017
I meant back in February, my bad.

OK thanks. Is there a big fan community? Where is fan art and info about events posted?

Sadly no. While, the series is, at least in Hasbro's eyes, a success, any kind of active fanbase for the show is fairly small. Your best bet for any new info is to just occasionally check the hanazuki tag on twitter or tumblr. Titmousers and a few more dedicated folks seem to keep close tabs on things, and a few frequent fanartists post their work now and then.

Thank you very much. Hopefully this show goes on for a long time because I think this is my new cartoon obsession.

lll

Yo