Gore Verbinski To Direct GAMBIT

>Gore Verbinski ("Pirates of the Caribbean") is in talks with 20th Century Fox to direct GAMBIT, replacing Rupert Wyatt ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") and Doug Liman ("Edge of Tomorrow"), who have previously dropped out. Channing Tatum is set to star in the movie, which was penned by Joshua Zetumer ("RoboCop") and slated for release in 2019.

>According to reports, the movie centers on Remy "Gambit" LeBeau, a mutant thief capable of charging objects with explosive kinetic energy, and the adoptive son of Luke LeBeau, the leader of the Thieves Guild of New Orleans. Gambit falls in love with Belladonna Bordeaux, daughter of Maryanne Bordeaux, the leader of the rival Bordeaux crime family, and the pair plans a heist that'll benefit both families and hopely end their feud, but are betrayed by Maryanne, who kills Luke to seize control of the Thieves Guild, leaving Gambit to be arrested for the failed heist.

>10 years later, Gambit is sprung from prison by Nathaniel Essex, CEO of the bioengineering corporation EssexCorp, who hires Gambit to retrieve a mysterious box stolen by Maryanne to be auctioned off at the Thieves Ball, an annual meeting between the world's criminal enterprises under the cover of Mardi Gras. To help him infiltrate Maryanne's fortified headquarters guarded by mutant enforcers, evading the world's best thieves in the process, Gambit enlists his own crew of mutant criminals. But Belladona's unexpected resurgence, now pursuing her own agenda, might complicate Gambit's plans beyond his own expectations.

deadline.com/2017/10/gambit-gore-verbinski-channing-tatum-x-men-spinoff-1202182926

>Daniel Craig is reportedly being eyed by Fox to play Mister Sinister.

>Director agrees to do Gambit movie
>Mentions at party "Hey I'm directing a movie about that superhero Gambit for Fox"
>tfw pic related
>go find something else to direct
Willing to bet it happens at least twice more, til they get some commercial director.

>It's Zack Snyder's triumphant return to superhero movie making!

Wyatt and Liman are notoriously picky with their projects and prone to dropping out of stuff. Liman also ditched "Justice League Dark" and Wyatt dropped out of the "Planet of the Apes" franchise.

Why would they even make a Gambit movie

JLD was and is never getting made into a live-action film.
It was lucky to get a direct to video cartoon.

Who asked for a Gambit movie

Literally the worst character from the Claremont/Lee collaboration period.
Prove me wrong.

Tatum wants it.

His neck is too wide

>People can still say "never" in an age of Guardians of the Galaxy and Gambit movies.

It won't be made WELL, but DC are willing to throw anything at a wall to get a break, so they will end up making it.

I'm sure he's selling it as the next Deadpool.
The reality will be close to Wolverine: Origins 2, Cajun Boogaloo.

I like Gambit more than Wolverine.

>In an age of Gambit films
Wake me when it starts actually filming, and not simply switching directors.

>DC gets Whedon
>Marvel gets Snyder

kino

Gambit isn't even a team member in the old, new and Logan timelines, so will Xavier show up at the end or something? Will he appear in New Mutants?

Fox has had far worse.

Boudreaux

Gambit used to be cool, back when they let him smoke.

You know, the first time I heard of the Gambit movie, I was still in Highschool.

Why is it so hard to make the damn film anyway? Is there anything so unusual about a Frenchman who can turn random objects into bombs, that you can't make a film out of it?

Directors dropping out tends to severely delay movie projects. The Flash was supposed to come out in six months, but after losing three directors it'll only come out in 2021 in the earliest.

I mean, me too, but not being at the bottom of the shit pile doesn't mean he should have a movie too

That's not what is grinding the DCEU-related projects to a halt and we both know it.

>I mean, me too, but not being at the bottom of the shit pile doesn't mean he should have a movie too
I suspect that they likely wanted an X-men film that wouldn't have that many mutants in it. Gambit is often working alone so you have an excuse to not include the rest of the Xavier school. In many ways that was how Wolverine got multiple films too.

It's like, can you really make a Strom or Cyclops movie without the rest of the X-men?