They should have just invited her

They should have just invited her.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/poIqMXfVPTc
youtube.com/watch?v=ol2x56MHDoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

agreed

Really would have been best for everyone

She probably would not have shown up if they did. They already thought she wouldn't so really just take the extra step to avoid pissing off someone who can kill you with a hand gesture this is really entry level stuff for a royal family.

It's generally a poor idea to NOT invite the elegant but vindictive fairy with a command of black magic.

>Dear, I don't think the sorceress devil lady would like to attend a christening

>They did invite her
>It got lost in the mail

Or

>If they had invited her she would be pissed to be invited to a christian ceremony
>Being a devil dragon lady fairy and all
>They thought not inviting her would be the good solution

Just can't win really.

why didn't they just get a gun and shoot her

She seemed to be looking for an excuse to curse someone. Not inviting her gave her the justification she needed.

They would have to go all the way to china to get one.

They might've been able to salvage it if pic related hadn't opened her fat little mouth.

>"You weren't wanted!"
>"Alright, for the record? She does NOT speak for myself or my wife and child."

thank you, that makes sense

>I think they prefer to be called jews

>not gypsies

She would probably show up and yell at them that they must think she has nothing better to do.

And then someone would tell her she doesn't because she showed up.

Why didn't she wait until the other fairies wasted all their weak-ass gifts to curse her?

And then she would curse the child.
Can't win with evil witches.

Sick burn.

And then comes the curses again.

But at least watching her get flustered would be entertaining.

I had a crush on her and I still don't know why.

It's the smug that does it for me.

same

In medieval culture, an event like a royal christening is not a private party; it’s the public social event of the year. To not invite any person of rank to such an event is a deadly insult.

Maleficent is certainly someone you wouldn’t want at a party, but she’s also someone powerful enough that only a fool would ever dare treat her with such blatant disrespect. The only way the King and Queen could possibly have gotten away with not inviting Maleficent was to not invite any of the fairies at all; inviting the other fairies and excluding her is explicitly taking sides in the conflict between the fairy factions.

Which means they made themselves her sworn enemies, and she responded by treating them as such from then on. If you actually get into analyzing the social dynamics of the scene, it’s very clear that Maleficent was willing to show mercy at first by giving the King and Queen a chance to apologize for their disrespect to her. She doesn’t curse Aurora until after she gives them that chance and they throw it back in her face with further disrespect.

And yeah, if the King and Queen had done the properly respectful thing and invited her, Maleficent would have given Aurora a scary awesome present. Moreover so would the other fairies, because at that point both sides would be using it as an opportunity to show off and one-up each other. What they gave her before Maleficent showed up was basically just trivial party favors by fairy standards.

Keep in mind too that, as in many fairy tales, Aurora is a long awaited baby. The tale is distinctly that the King and Queen pray and pray and wait for a child. So basically triple the big deal that this event would have been in the kingdom. Aurora wasn’t just any royal baby. She (like Snow White and Rapunzel in most versions) is the long awaited first child of a King and Queen who desperately wanted children. So her Christening would also been a huge deal bc the belief (before we knew anything about fertility and it was so deeply tied to superstition) was that God or the gods had given them this baby and they needed to praise God by having this huge party and offering gifts to her. Fertility back in this time was rooted in not angering the gods. Not inviting Malificent–no matter how much they hated her—was absolutely a huge slight.

Clearly the King and Queen somehow never learned the most vital survival rule, which is to NEVER show disrespect to the Fair Folk…

There was literally a war between England and Wales over one of the Kings not going to the other's wedding.

I wouldn't even be surprised if those three fairies were the real reason she decided to crash the whole event over her lack of invitation. She probably wouldn't have gone anyways, but the fact that THEY showed up and charmed everyone with their magical blessings probably triggered her barbed spite boner.

If people were nice to her she might have turned into a dragon and let the men jump inside her giant pussy. Would be a great ride for the party.

I forgot in the live act movie they did didn't they portray the "good" fairies to be assholes and dicks?

Older women are the best. Define face and bold personalities

They were stupid fairies.

I suspect that they thought "Hey, these three fairies surely will whoop ass of this scary bitch, so we can kinda get away with not inviting her...". But in original fairy tale, they just forgot about her, because they thought she is fucking DEAD, for a long time.
But more importantly, in original fairy tale king outlawed spindle and spinning wheel, only efficient way to make yarn back in a day. So, no yarn, no cloth. All cloth would probably imported, or made illegally. Or, you know, just probably almost ignored law.

In the Grimm version, the 13th wise woman isn't invited because the king only has 12 golden plates and decided to leave the 13th out like a dumbass.

In the Perrault version, they genuinely thought that this fairy was dead or bewitched because no one had seen her in decades. The king had special golden and jeweled place settings made for the invited fairies, so there were only 7. When the 8th showed up, the king immediately ordered a place be made for her to eat but since she didn't have the gold/jewel place setting she thought was being intentionally slighted which is why she decided to curse the baby.

And in the Disney version, she's presumably not been invited because she (as Merryweather says) wasn't wanted. She gives the King and Queen a chance to apologize, but they don't take the opportunity to smooth it out. Of course, considering her temperament and the fact that she wasn't invited because she wasn't wanted rather than because they thought she was dead, who knows how she might have reacted.

Maybe they tried to invite her but her minions killed the messenger before he could deliver the invite.

Nope

She would've just found another reason to curse the princess. She comes across as a petty witch.

>welcome to the party Mal'! Have some hoers Derves.
>does this have gluten? I CURSE YOUR CHILD!

>you look positively dashing this evening Malificent. Your horns are looking especially black today
>THEY'RE NOT BLACK! THEY'RE AUBURN SUNSET! CUUUUURRRRSE

You know?

They weren't assholes and dicks, just ditzy and dumb. Maleficent had to save them from killing Aurora because of their stupidity.

I was going to post this if you weren't. I'm just wondering what she could have gifted her.

I think it's funny how she got the last fairy to waste her blessing to counter her curse. Hell she made it even better, the princess of the kingdom takes a nap until she gets "True Loves" kiss. Sweet so she gave her a nap and a boyfriend.
>"What can I say except your welcome!"

user, she didn't really CARE about being invited.
She's just a cunt.
If they invited her she'd probably end up taking offense at some innocuous shit and cursing them anyways.

A gift of being metal as fuck. And then Aurora was a metal head. The end.

What would a Maleficent version of "Your Welcome." Be like

>Cursed with an awful taste in music and equally awful taste in men
We'd rather our daughter have her original curse back, please.

>curesd, but that wasn't a cursed!

>But more importantly, in original fairy tale king outlawed spindle and spinning wheel, only efficient way to make yarn back in a day. So, no yarn, no cloth. All cloth would probably imported, or made illegally. Or, you know, just probably almost ignored law.

In the Petipa ballet version, the king finds some literal poor peasant women knitting using spindles because they need money and decides to execute them. In the original Petipa version the Queen convinces him to spare their lives but some productions decide to leave out this out and have them imprisoned or even executed. I wish most Sleeping Beauty adaptations touched on the implications of banning spinning wheels and spindles!

And of course in the ballet the reason that the fairy isn't invited is because the Master of Ceremonies misses her name on the list of everyone to be invited. Fucking Catalabutte.

She was fucking evil and constantly caused plague and famine to the kingdom for no reason other than that she's a fucking cunt. Why would you invite that? She was shown to be conniving and plotting anyways, she would have cursed her anyways even if she was invited.

Ok, ok, I see what's happening here
You're face to face with prowess, and it's strange
You don't even know how you feel
It's adorable!
Well, it's nice to see that Royals never change

Open your eyes, let's begin
Yes, it's really Maleficent: breathe it in!

I know it's a lot: the horns, the Crow!
As you bask in my fiery glow!

Probably something powerful, but with a double-edged drawback, like being able to turn people to stone by looking at them (whether she wants to or not) or immunity to flame (but fires tend to spontaneously break out around her).

> hoers Derves

...you mean hors d'ouevres?

Every important survival lesson needs someone to learn it the hard way so everyone else knows what not to do.

no I mean horse dovers

Pretty good for 10 mins, solid A

God i hate I the French. And I hate the British Even more for getting their asses kicked by the French and then deciding to corporate a bunch of their stupid habits into English, like writing “Color as “colour” And what not.

I would invite her to touch my willy.

I tried. But it'd be easier for me to win the lottery than spell that right.

>comes to party
>curses someone for not laughing at her jokes
>curses someone for taking the last chip
>curses someone for bumping into her, etc

yeah great idea

At least she won't curse the baby.

>gives baby a skull or some morbid shit as a gift
>baby starts crying
>takes offense

A baby isn't going to know what a skull is. And taking offense from a baby is really a stretch, even for her.

Dude has plate, therefore the guns were already in Europe

Me too.

I hope you're into kinky shit user.

>taking offense from a baby
>a "stretch" for a fucking fairy who steals real babies for shits and giggles

FUCK THE FAE FOLK
INVITE THEM TO YOUR CHRISTENING AND DO THEM IN WITH IRON SHIVS
BURY THEM ALIVE IN RUSTY CHAIN MAIL
POUR BOILING PIG IRON INTO THEIR EYE SOCKETS BECAUSE THEY DESERVE NOTHING LESS

>A baby isn't going to know what a skull is.
>tfw timeline with an Aurora who grows up with a whispering glowing skull as a childhood companion

The humans were just pawns in a fairy war. I wouldn't be surprised if the "good" fairies were happy Aurora got cursed since it gave them human allies in their fight against Maleficent.

If there was any way to get away with it I'd probably rather just not invite fairies at all. The cardinal rule of dealing with fairies is: don't, if at all possible.

>ballet version

Wasn't Mattel going to make a Barbie Sleeping Beauty ballet film similar to their Swan Lake but but they bailed because Disney filed a trademark for "Princess Aurora" or somesuch?

I think so

Not thinking it would go like youtu.be/poIqMXfVPTc when people welcome her

>Cursed with an awful taste in music
Are you shittalking Blind Gaurdian and Sabbaton right now? Because if you are I think we might have a bit of a problem you musical heretic.

Maleficent is a Metal fan now. Nothing anyone says can prove me otherwise

I read that in her say that in her voice

It’s not that much of a stretch. She already dresses like something off of a Metal Album Cover.

But now I imagine in her free time wearing an oversize Blind Guardian shirt with a mug of coffee

We need a drawfag on this STAT!

>The Good Fairies planned to antagonize Maleficent into cursing Aurora all along, whom they had enchanted so everyone in the kingdom would love her enough to be devastated by her impending death
>Maleficent didn't even care about the invitation in and of itself, she just seized an opprotunity to spite the ever-living shit out of her fae rivals
>fast forward 16 years later: the Good Fairies were outright manipulating Prince Philip by giving him all the enchanted tools and cheats he needed to butcher Mal
Why the fuck did the King even invite those three to begin with? Were they even friends of the kingdom or was he just afraid to be on bad terms with the "benevolent" faes?

Seconded

Original Maleficent confirmed for Jewish:
>Eleanor Audley (born Eleanor Zellman)
>interred at Mount Sinai Memorial Park Cemetery in Hollywood Hills, California

In the original fairy tale they not only forgot her but didn't have an extra place on the table.

Specifically, they had 12 golden plates for the fairies and silver plates for their servants. But they were missing a golden plate for the 13th fairy and she was so old and no one had seen her in so long that they thought she was dead.

So, the royal family had a couple of reasons.

>She's standing next to her bed which has Aurora in it

>"Seriously I put you to sleep fine, But I'm not the one who put the ENTIRE kingdom in a coma!"

>And taking offense from a baby is really a stretch,

hoo boy
didn't you know babies can be racist, user?

>tfw you will never have your pelvis crushed by Maleficent's dragon form during Snu Snu.
Why even live?

>Are you shittalking...Sabbaton

Not that user, but yeah. They're popular songs all sound the same and follow such a basic pattern that they're boring as fuck. I still listen to a song or two of there's once in a while (Panzerkampf and 40-1) cause they're catchy, but they're far from great.

The biggest mistake made was on Phillip's part for not trying to get to know Maleficent better.

Attractive features, obvious power, and being of a personality that demands the center stage are likely why.

What do you mean “had” faggot?

Screencapping because you were able to articulate into words that which I could not.

Also, how would you feel if for whatever reason, Maleficent tucked you in and helped you fall asleep?

That would be very comfy.

I'll draw her in a bit. Let me relax after work. Someone give me a pose you'd like to see her in.

Something like this would be neat

Gimmie a bit, I'm tired.

>how would you feel if for whatever reason, Maleficent tucked you in and helped you fall asleep?
It would be comfy and boner-inducing

Here you go then mack.
youtube.com/watch?v=ol2x56MHDoI

On a scale of Monkey's Paw to It Was OK, how do you guys rate this? I haven't seen it yet.

Take your time bud. There’s no obligation.

I didn’t see it either, but from the trailers it looked really gay, leaning towards monkey’s paw.

Sup Forums is full of nice people. I like making you guys happy when I can.