HEY ARNOLD!

The Jungle Movie trailer has dropped
youtube.com/watch?v=Rudcxsk31fg

Other urls found in this thread:

heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Hey_Arnold!:_The_Jungle_Movie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NickSplat#2011.E2.80.9315:_Launch_as_.22The_90.27s_Are_All_That.22
youtube.com/watch?v=vHlFQEGocUs&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=uX20cS9drEc
tendraheyarnold.wordpress.com/2009/03/28/confirmed-notes-about-the-jungle-movie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D

god damn it

>1080p
My ass

Helga is filling up nicely.

it was a thing even before that meme tho.

>fondle my tits, football head!

have you never watched the show?

Alright.

It’s kinda weird to me that Helga has tits now. How long after the series is this set?

A lot can happen in a year.

I'm really happy this exists. It's some really well needed closure that I never thought would happen but like, can someone explain to me why this is happening? Why did they suddenly decide to make Jungle Movie now?

too little screentime in the trailer for Rhonda.

it's shit.

Banking on nostalgia. The success of 90s Nick at Night probably influenced it a lot.

>After all these years nick is better than CN

>Banking on nostalgia.
Yeah obviously but why? Samurai Jack was one thing because that was a mini-series and Gendy had been pushing the conclusion around for years but this is a movie and the old creators were very clearly done with Hey Arnold passing off Jungle Movie as a "NEVER EVER" kind of thing. I can't see much business this will do for Nick unless they're planning to revive the series or something.

I'm not trying to sound negative, it's just extremely baffling to me. It's giving fans what they have always wanted but I don't understand what they are expecting back.

Because hundreds of fans have been mailing, emailing, calling, harassing Nick for almost a decade to have this movie made. This article sums it up the history nicely.
heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Hey_Arnold!:_The_Jungle_Movie

>I LOV-

Also, if it does well the creator is willing to do a 6th season.

Nick isn't doing well and needs people to watch them again. Seeing how successful Sam Jack and the other nostalgia cash ins were nick decided to do it to.

>The success of 90s Nick at Night probably influenced it a lot.

I misnamed it, but here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NickSplat#2011.E2.80.9315:_Launch_as_.22The_90.27s_Are_All_That.22

>Response to the debut was very positive; hashtags pertaining to the block became trending topics on Twitter[4] and the Nielsen Ratings for TeenNick on the debut night increased to between eight and 60 times the ratings TeenNick received in previous weeks, beating numerous higher-profile basic cable programs in the same time slot.

They've been at this for a while, the movie is just sort of the logical conclusion of that block's success. If they can get those viewers into theaters (which they probably will), it'll be a success.

youtube.com/watch?v=vHlFQEGocUs&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=uX20cS9drEc

New trailers

>theaters
Uh, isn't this a TV movie?

>helga arnold's pic is still his first season design

I love this

My bad, the original was gonna be a theater movie and I thought that was still the plan, but nope, it's a TV two-parter.

I guess they're risking even less in that case then

This niggas never even seen the show

Couple things;
>1080 my ass
>Are we just going to retcon Hey Arnold: The Movie, what with Helga's confession and kiss? Not that I mind but... I was content with it.
>Nov 24th, FUCK. I won't have access to internet around then

>the broken locket
Oh shit, this is what was mentioned at SDCC

>Eduardo's face being ripped off in the picture
Fuck, was that theory actually correct? Is he one of La Sombra's men?

By the way, that mountain island and every scene in it is a dream. Craig said so previously.

Probably not. In the trailer, it seems Helga gets cut off from confessing, and there was no kiss. Anyways, Craig said last year that the plan was for the Neighborhood story to have Helga confess, and the Jungle Movie have Arnold respond. He also mentioned a big moment at the crow's nest.

Well... shit.

I want this now. Only one and a half more months.

I assume Helga is at the point where she's ready to be serious about how she feels about Arnold because they're in an increasingly dangerous situation, and he either rejects her or dodges the the situation again. I figure it's the latter because it leaves Helga in a frustrated position, and if the writers had any sense the former would make her upset but not angry like she is in the trailer.

I guess I'm just not used to networks making a revival decision that's actually kind of smart but isn't a giant fucking monkey's paw in return

Also, notice that Helga rips up the picture in the locket while still on the boat.

I think Helga's gonna confess at one point or at least get close to it but Arnold will sort of put it off to "not-really" reject her which leads to the ripping up the heart scene (She'll get the locket back right!?)

>Olga being a fucking slut

RUINED

Remember how Lane Toran and Jamil Smith said they would be in the movie, but as jungle characters? I bet Toran is the tour guide and Jamil is the black-haired guy with Olga

Now that Helga and Arnold will finally be a thing, will Brainy get over Helga and find true love for himself?

Brainy's gonna be revealed to be some sort of spiritual being who has just been trying to encourage Helga to be honest with Arnold by showing her how creepy her stalkerish behavior is. They'll get together and he'll disappear like Leonard Nemoy in the monorail episode from The Simpsons.

>HD
>280p

Fuck, I mean 240

That's bait. Real links are >Brainy does his thing at a very emotional climactic moment
>Helga goes for the punch
>Brainy casually blocks
>Takes off his glasses and goes into a super eloquent speech about the need for personal barriers but having enough courage to overcome the hedgehog's dilemna and that her family doesn't define her
I can dream

Shit, now that I think about it, the "Arnold ducks out of responding" theory fits very well. Helga gets pissed and yells at him "I've told you I love you twice and you haven't responded" and gets pissed at him; Gerald overhears this and also gets pissed that Arnold never told him about this. (Both the Gerald scene and the locket scene take place on the boat)

I hope they don't make Arnold gay/asexual

Would be a copout and who even needs that shit in Hey Arnold

Craig's said in the past Arnold/Helga is endgame.

Because nostolgia is big right now, and and Nick realizes that there is still a large enough audience for these classic shows that they can still bank on. So, the fans get what they want while Nick rakes in more viewers. This isn't difficult to understand.

So are they going to ignore helga confessed her love to arnold in the first movie?

>t they can still bank on. So, the fans get what they want while Nick rakes in more viewers.
That's what I don't understand though. If it was a mini-series, that would be one thing but this is a one-shot movie that I don't even know how many are gonna tune in for

they finally are going to make this?

Made, past tense.
It's finished and coming at the end of next month.

10 half-hours of animation for Samurai Jack S5 probably cost way more than the two hours of Hey Arnold. Nick is probably investing less in this than Adult Swim did on SJ. And if it flops, then that's that. They have no obligation to produce any more HA.

And don't forget than the Jungle Movie was literally pushed into production by fans. They made petitions since 2009 and they supported HA! on the 90s night blocks, both of which actually got noticed by Nick way before the movie was even in pre-production.

>watch the movie trailer
>Arnold is a dick and gets everyone upset
>Helga throws her locket away
I'm afraid, guys...
What if this sucks?...

Makes sense that Arnold doesn't return her feelings, Helga never actually gave him a reason to. She spent the entire series being a massive cunt to to everyone, with Arnold taking center stage of her abuse. Realistically Arnold would never really fall for her immediately.

Arnold's dodging the question to not hurt her feelings, because who knows what she will do if he rejects her. Helga has used Arnold as an emotional crutch for years, without that she'll probably make Columbine look like a fucking joke. Granted, that doesn't make him in the right at all since she at the very least deserves an answer, but it makes sense why he's doing this.

That was always a thing though.

90's Nick became succesful, so much the tweens at the school I work in started talking about their old 90's cartoons.

I am guessing they already showed all the seasons of Hey Arnold, Rugrats, and Rocko so they are producing new content of the old stuff to bank on the new audience and the old nostalgia fans.

Which is why we're getting a new Rocko series and a new Arnold movie.

I guess.

Since Jungle Movie was originally planned, would the first movie even be canon?

Honestly I think they'll get together because of the nostalgia factor, but I think if the show were made today their dynamic wouldn't exist.

Why wouldn't it?

I wish it wasn't happening but ok

>The old creators were very clearly done with Hey Arnold passing off Jungle Movie as a "NEVER EVER" kind of thing
Except that's not entirely accurate. Bartlett was incredibly open to doing the film and was incredibly supportive of all the petitions to try and get the film made. If anything it was probably a combination of the general populace's new love of nostalia and the die hard fans who were so vocal about wanting the film that made it a possibility.

Oh wait nevermind. Their relationship will just take to the next level apparently.

tendraheyarnold.wordpress.com/2009/03/28/confirmed-notes-about-the-jungle-movie/

The plan was (and still seems to be): Helga confesses at FTi, Arnold reciprocates in San Lorenzo

Looks great, now where the fuck is that Zim movie

>if it does well the creator is willing to do a 6th season.
I doubt Nick will want that

holy fuck its actually happening

time to binge hey arnold

i know i'm not the only to be hoping this is a stepping stone for a "The Patakis" spin-off, right

>heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Hey_Arnold!:_The_Jungle_Movie
What the fuck happened to Jujin

I'm really hoping for more Hey Arnold anything after this

it's gonna suck lmao

spirits, don't do me like this!

Dang, those links weren't even up yet and I was so excited to talk about it.

I'd rather not, cause while it's more "realistic" that Arnold & Helga don't stay together as teens, it also totally blue balls everything The Jungle Movie is leading towards

although if you just mean The Patakis as a Helga focused sequel and not what the original proposal for it was than maybe

Notice how Helga's arms are up in the crows nest like she's talking to him and Arnold gets distracted by the boat coming and ignores her.

explain what you mean by the original proposal and what you had in mind for it

I know, I was expecting them to change it when I saw the redesigns.

>Goes in for the hug
>"Eh, nandatte"

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

there's been details about the original proposal for The Patakis floating around for years now, including details like Arnold and Helga breaking up not all that long after The Jungle Movie hooks them up, with Arnold moving to San Lorenzo to be with his parents, among various other details

they only break up because Arnoldfucked off to live with his parents, that's literally it, but they get backtogether canonically when they'readults, so donut fretmin

It sucks that Lila isn't going on the trip, considering she had more screen time than a lot of the other girls.

Also I hope the done go full toon cause Eugene blimped out is a bit too weird.

it's still weapons grade retarded, especially when you'd think after being stuck in a 3rd World country for more than a decade that Arnold's parents would want to stay in Hillwood for a while

not to mention a ton of the appeal to finally seeing Arnold & Helga get together would be to see how they act as a couple, and The Pataki's proposal nukes that just to make Helga a dime-store Daria knockoff

Did you even watch the movie. At the end they just brushed off the whole love confession scene and Arnold says, “you didn’t mean that right Helga?, it was just in the heat of the moment, right?” Then they brush it off and move along.

CHINKED actually, asians have strong genes.

whats with the bad ass animation all slidey and shit? like grandpa in the airplane window

This doesnt look too good

maybe im expecting too much

Helga's gonna get cucked, I can just feel it

Oh for sure, extreme tsunderes like Helga are really dated.

I'm afraid this might suck, lads...

Part of me hopes they don't get together, mostly because Helga, regardless of how she feels, has treated Arnold like shit.

He literally has no reason to even consider liking her.

Some of that animation is fucked, not where they're moving and walking usually, but shit where it's a static model sliding around, it happens throughout the trailer

Thats how it should be until she decides to commit her murder suicide that is brewing

The problem with nostalgic revivals is that nothing will ever be as good as what that ideal version you think you remember. Hey Arnold itself was full of mediocre episodes, so a mediocre movie wouldn't be that different.

>He literally has no reason to even consider liking her.
He seems far too understanding to hate her fully for that treatment and there has been many occasions where she has let her inner kindness and compassion slip through. It would make sense that he knows theres more to it. Even if there were no events that showed good in helga he'd at least hear her out and give her a chance.

Its not just about quality. They may simply get a lot wrong in terms of getting the basic shit right like each characters personalities. Thats the kind of thing that surpasses the "its just your nostalgia goggles" and becomes a bad revival.

blacks are stronger

Voices are a bit off and the animation and art are not as cozy has they used to be.
Still it's hard to blame them as most of the talent has probably moved on from then.

>if it does well the creator is willing to do a 6th season.

Don't fucking toy with my feelings, user.

Really takes me back. Don't know if it'll live up to the cliffhanger after all these years but I'm glad that it actually exists.

>They may simply get a lot wrong in terms of getting the basic shit right like each characters personalities

Where are you even getting that from? No one was out of character from what was shown, it's just a natural evolution of their characters. There's being worried, and then there's being paranoid.

I'm not really holding my breath, considering how mature some of the subject matter they talked about it having, like Helga's mom going to AA meetings, but I think it'd be great if they could get away with it.

I would love this but I'm worried it would turn into another All Grown Up situation.

No one said anything about Arnold hating Helga, just not having the same feelings she has for him.

>and there has been many occasions where she has let her inner kindness and compassion slip through.

And for each of those times, there are several other times where she acted like a borderline sociopath.

>It would make sense that he knows theres more to it. Even if there were no events that showed good in helga he'd at least hear her out and give her a chance.

Of course he knows that, but that doesn't mean he should be wiling to risk it further for someone that has burned him repeatedly. And it's been established that he treats relationships very highly, dating Helga even if he doesn't feel that way doesn't add up. Hell, he straight up rejected Lila until he finally felt something for her.