Why, I do believe it might be time for... INFESTATION 2

Why, I do believe it might be time for... INFESTATION 2

youtube.com/watch?v=E8tRH8xnCaQ

But enough about me, what've you got planned for the weekend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SpY4na_ofxs
youtube.com/watch?v=wGS1ETFT_1I
youtube.com/watch?v=3JjhQ1Oi_3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, at long last I'm finally posting Infestation 2 - it'll probably be finished over the weekend, but that's just how it is.

good

This is the one where Optimus Prime turns into a train and fights Cthulhu, right?

Yeah, it's part of the Hearts of Steel miniseries which took place outside of regular continuity but then someone at IDW decided to make a version of it canonical.

The TF Infestation 2 mini is also referenced in the X-Files crossover, so I guess in IDW's X-Files universe the Hearts of Steel stuff happened.

Yeeeeeeeeees, I thought one of you would be quite pleased.

>but then someone at IDW decided to make a version of it canonical
Hwaaaat?
>The TF Infestation 2 mini is also referenced in the X-Files crossover, so I guess in IDW's X-Files universe the Hearts of Steel stuff happened.
HWAAAAAAAT?

I was waiting for it my dude

That's enough of Infestation 2 proper...

... it's time for The Transformers!

youtube.com/watch?v=SpY4na_ofxs

...heeeeey, this is the same guy that does the art on Rom, isn't it?

Why yes, yes it is! Is nuROM any good?

It's pretty great! The first arc is a solid 7/10, second is a 9/10, and the third is only 6/10 so far, BUT it's made up for by the Rom vs Transformers miniseries being 10/10.
Also the third arc has Sal Buscema backups so I can't fault it too hard.

Nice.

You have my attention

>Submarauder Deep Ones
I'm sad that we'll never get action figures of this design.

>unmoving for millenia
>they already have steampunk submarine bits all over them
WHAT'S THE DEAL, DIXON

Wouldn't it be more Guidi dropping the ball?

Yeah, but I like Guidi and I don't like Dixon, so I'd rather blame the writer.

There's two timelines.

The shared Hasbro universe with the IDW Transformers, along with GI Joe, MASK, ROM, Micronauts, etc. In that one they now establish that a group of Eukarians (basically Transformers that had colonized Eukaris) crashed on Earth and were found by Shockwave, who secretly brainwashed them into believing they were Optimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, etc etc.

So in the Hasbro universe, the Eukarians became the Hearts of Steel Transformers, and presumably versions of the Hearts of Steel miniseries happened, just not the X-Files crossover.

As for the IDW X-Files universe, there was a miniseries called X-Files Conspiracy which had one-shot crossovers between the X-Files characters and other characters, such as Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles, and The Crow. The Transformers crossover has the Lone Gunman meeting Optimus, Bumblebee, and Ratchet in modern day, and Optimus has a flashback that was based on a scene from Infestation 2. So in the IDW X-Files universe, the Autobots and Decepticons did fight during the ice age, got revived during the 1800's, and then operated in secret from thereon (with Optimus, Bumblebee, and Ratchet being the only known survivors in the modern day so far).

tl;dr version: Hearts of Steel Transformers in Hasbroverse are characters who thought they were the originals, Hearts of Steel Transformers in X-Files universe are the originals.

By the way at the end of the X-Files Conspiracy story the ending prevents the events of the miniseries from happening, but it wouldn't have affected anything from before, such as Transformers being around in the 1800s. It would just mean that the meeting between the Lone Gunmen and the three Autobots didn't happen.

That's stupid. I love it.
Does that mean that the X Files and Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles are in the Hasbroverse?

It's possible but I doubt it. Especially not with the events of All Hail Megatron and all that. On the other hand the New Avengers exist in the IDW universe but aren't seen again. I personally think Civil War happened and Cap died, and so the Avengers were spread thin and unable to stop Megatron.

Wheeljack in a victorian alt mode!

Sorry, real life intervened for a moment there.

youtube.com/watch?v=wGS1ETFT_1I

That's it for The Transformers...

... it's time for Dungeons & Dragons!

youtube.com/watch?v=3JjhQ1Oi_3k