Sorry, I know it's /v.. but it IS a cinematic

Sorry, I know it's /v.. but it IS a cinematic

Does Illidan make it on the Mary Sue list? I mean, he's the only character that killed what's basically a God, that wasn't basically another God.

youtube.com/watch?v=Td0pUwrBWjc

Illidan basically is a god. And the naruu aren't that powerful.

The players destroy a Naaru in Sunwell Plateau and in Seat of the Triumvirate.

He is a mary sue and I AM MY SCARS is probably the edgiest thing one can say. But he makes it work.

>did everything wrong
>lmao I was right in the end, suck it faggots
>a class that attracts edgy asshats as hard as deathknights
yes

Yes, and he STILL manages to be one of WoW's most likable characters. WoW is shit.

Yeah but a raid party can kill pretty much anything in the universe. That's like, the point of the game

not a wow fag, but wasn't he like dead?
Is illidan the final boss of warcratf? being cucked by his brother was really that bad?

Nah, too much plot armor. Turns out he was just in Jail.. Again. And now he's the ultimate hero and we're the dicks for foiling him the first time.

>but wasn't he like dead?
He got better.
>Is illidan the final boss of warcratf?
Illidan is the goodest guy on your team.
>being cucked by his brother was really that bad?
Malfurion is a way bigger cuck anyone who as played through the first part of Legion will verify and Illidan dodged a bullet with Tyrande, she's the second biggest cunt.

>Sorry, I know it's /v
Then fuck off to Sup Forums

He's a mary sue in the sense that despite being called the Betrayer, every betrayal he ever did was justified and he was always secretly working to fight the demons even though we're just learning this now and every bit of info we had on him before was just as a powerful, yet spiteful, elf who didn't like that the chick he liked chose his less douchey brother and had a tantrum about it for several millennia. No no, he's actually been the good guy the whole time! We were just too dumb to notice it....He should've died when Arthas defeated him at Northrend and that should've been the end of it.

Illidan is back? Cool.
I don't think he's a mary sue. He checks a lot of boxes like uber powerful and being an edgelord, but he's also a dumb-ass and don't get any pussy.
I mean, Mary Sues don't get cucked by their own brother

>but it IS a cinematic

So still not related. Fuck off, you autistic retard.

>Illidan is back? Cool.
This expansion will be the the closing point for his character (for real this time.)

Apparently, he traps himself with Sargeras.

It takes them both out of play, but not out of the game, so to speak. We'll see them both again someday.

The na'ru being the bad guys kinda cheapens a lot of the stories/climaxes of older wow. That isn't to say the light hasn't been used for bad things but I'm just kinda sick of the whole

'light and dark are bad so we gotta be strong independent and need no ideology but ourselves'

Post modernism fueling peoples' egos is the reason why the world is becoming a polarized mess today.

Warcraft died with WoW

Yeah, this "good cannot exist without evil we need balance like yin and yang lmao" is wearisome.

>"Champion, sometimes you must abide by your destiny"
>1 patch later
>"Illidan my son, accept your destiny and be purified by the light"
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Never change Illidan.

Please, the true Mary Sues are the players. Especially those who were since vanilla and achieved so much it's crazy.

I don't know much about WoW but I did suffer through Homestuck when I was younger.

Is Illidian basically Vriska?

>Stop the Burning Crusade in Outland
>Conquer Icecrown
>Fell Deathwing
>Go back in time and defeat the Iron Horde
>Fucking Nathanos Blightcaller thinks he can't afford to give you the day because he's Sylvana's concubine.
Fuck that guy so hard. Like, Sylvanas herself knows you're a big deal and treats you with respect why's he have to be such a cunt?

I don't know anything about Homestuck.
Illidan's basic jist-
>Hot for brother's wife
>Makes deal with demons because he's horny
>Gets imprisoned for 10k years
>Gets out
>Fucks with the world some more
>Awakens a long-slumbering mutated version of his elven race to do his bidding
>Also convinces a bunch of magic-addicted High Elves to join him
>Fucks off to alien world to hide from everyone who wants to kill him
>Goes insane
>Players kill him
>Skip ahead like a decade
>Alternate Reality bad guy that was poofed into existence in the last expansion resurrects him
>"Hey guys, I'm not actually crazy. Doing evil stuff, killing people, literally attacking servants of the most holy order in the universe? All just a stepping stone towards defeating the demons I made a deal with! Totally!"
>Everyone forgives him for some reason
>He kills Alternate Reality bad guy
>Leads assault on demon "homeworld"
>He literally fucking kills what may as well be an angel of God who was about to bless him with the power to more effectively fight the demons
>"Now's not the time to be angry, we need to fight the demons!"
>He's going to become the jailer of the ultimate demon.

I was familiar with Warcraft 1-3, then WoW from Vanilla to Cataclysm.

The story looks like it became utterly retarded. Is it worth catching up, just to understand the story? probably not right?

Pandaria and fucking Draenor were side stories, I feel.

Legion puts the plot back where it needs to be.

>Pandaria and fucking Draenor were side stories, I feel.

I think that's what made Pandaria so nice. I hate to use the word "comfy", but not everything involved there was end of the world catastrophes. Just honest questing which later built into a full on war effort.

Questing through the first few areas and then fending off the Mantid swarm with the help of all the characters you met was really satisfying.

I liked Pandaria, probably one of the most well-polished zones in the whole game. The villages and zones felt natural and alive - compared to how sterile Draenor felt.

Plus the thunder king was awesome.

>Ends up Sargeras's jailer for all eternity
>sends two messages- to Tyrande and Malfurion
>they are full of contempt and treat it like a nusance
I really hope Maiev joins Illidan. He is her charge still.

That edit though

So much hate fucking between those two.