Steven universe

Now that the Steven universe comic con panel came and went, what do you think of the news that it's coming back this winter? Were any if you at the panel?
Also, they showed a new episode clip and song
youtu.be/Oi4j7NgIXE0
youtu.be/QIpAqMiS9E0

Any remaining interest I had in this show is gone,

When the last special dropped, I had so little hype that I didn't even pay attention to when it was supposed to come out. I only knew about it because I saw a thread with a screencap I didn't recognize.

I'm so tired of moody connie, that one where shit hit the guy at her school made me drop it for awhile.

If this doesn't suit you anymore jump to ok ko, it's pretty fun.

>what do you think of the news that it's coming back this winter?
What, only to leave again?

I'll definitely look into it, have heard good things

Is this ever coming back or are Youtubers going to have to fill the void with me more MOMMY swap episodes

Yeah plus Ian is working on the show
Someone should dump pics of connies mom

I was fucking obsessed with SU in 2015, but now I'm mildly interested to see when Jasper comes back. Now I've jumped onto the OK KO train because the show is fucking hilarious

Who gives a shit about this show anymore? I was obsessed with it when I was 14 back when it first aired but 4 years later I realize its just a dumb kids show.

>Connie is becoming Mabel 2.0
>Sugar will put her on the right too.

Can't wait to see Connie hate threads in the future.

You 18? I'm 19 and always only been mildly interested
Did you see the furry and Halloween episodes?

Waiting months on end for 5 episodes with no full ARC closure and 2 filler episodes sucks.

Honestly, I can see decent arguments for both sides.

Steven did what he thought was best at that time as they literally had no other option and Aqua would've won no problem. But at the same time Steven was against Connie throwing away her life in order to protect him and told Connie not to, and then Steven later ends up sacrificing his life in order to protect others.

Steven has some serious mental issues that need to be discussed out in the open.

>Steven was against Connie throwing away her life in order to protect him and told Connie not to, and then Steven later ends up sacrificing his life in order to protect others.
This isn't mutual. He's a different thing than she is, it's like his fucking duty. He's part of a space race. He's the guy that saves Earth if it needs it. She would've just died saving him for him to save Earth.

The real issue was she was being brainwashed into being a fucking soldier and it was fucked up, there's no reason these 2 things should be compared and put Steven in the wrong, she's just being emotional and stupid.

>Kids who were fourteen when SU came out are now on Sup Forums
It's okay, I'm only just under 20. God, my fucking pony Homestuck convention retard phase feels like so long ago even though it really wasn't.

>it's ok
>starts talking about your life
not surprised you had a pony homestuck phase

I love that KO is actually funny.
Something SU can't do.

Nigga I'm the same age as you. What interests you now? Jojo, MHA, and berserk is my Forte now
And the surplus of THICC

>brony cancer are the same as Jojobronies

The name was always fitting.

I honestly just want to see if Steven will get any character growth since now even Bonnie considers him a sperg, or if they doinh le townie filler episodes that don't matter to the plot and that no one cares about.

from the start of season 2 to the 6th board rotation of production season 3 (Room for Ruby, Lion 4: Alternate Ending, Doug Out, and The Good Lars) SU eps have followed a specific pattern of board teams and overseas animation studios and directors (technically the board team pattern had been finalized in season 1B, but the overseas directors were still in a flux), with no deviations in the boarder pattern and only the occasional deviation in the overseas director pattern.

The pattern was:
1) boarded by Raven and Paul/Lauren (Room for Ruby). Post-Sardonyx eps directed by Kat Morris. Animated at Rough Draft, directed by Hye Sung Park.
2) boarded by Hilary and Katie/Lauren/Paul (Lion 4). Post-Sardonyx eps directed by Kat. Animated at SMIP, directed by Ki-Yong Bae and Sue Hong Kim
3) boarded by Lamar and Hellen/Lauren (Chille Tid)/Katie. Post-Sardonyx eps directed by Joe Johnston. Animated at Rough Draft, directed by Byung Ki Lee
4) boarded by Joe/Colin and Jeff. Post-Sardonyx eps directed by Joe. Animated at SMIP, directed by Ki-Yong and Jin-Hee Park

with the 7th rotation of season 3 we have
Are You My Dad? (Raven and Lauren) (Kat) (Hye Sung)
I Am My Mom (Hilary and Paul) (Ki-Yong and Sue Hong)
Off Colors (Lamar and Jeff) (Joe) (new Rough Draft directors Sang Un Jeong and Seung Wook Shin)
Lars' Head (Jeff and Madeline) (Kat) (Ki-Yong and Jin-Hee)

and so far for the 8th rotation we have
Stuck Together (Lauren) (Kat) (Hye Sung)
The Trial (Katie and Paul) (Joe) (Ki-Yong and Sue Hong)
Dewey Wins (Lamar and Jeff) (Joe) (Sang Un and Seung Wook)

My guess is that Katie/Paul and Lamar/Jeff are here to stay, Amber/Hilary is going to be after Lamar/Jeff eps, and that Lauren's final eps will be with Madeline.
predictions of who's boarding what: The Peri and Lapis ep is likely Amber/Hilary, the Lars of the Stars stuff looks like Lauren (thus Madeline), and the Kindergarten ep looks like Paul (thus Katie).

>jojobronies
Never knew there was such a thing

Ugh fuck this is one of those "You did X thing without me. How could you" relationship episodes isn't it.

god fucking damn it, this hits close to home already.

I've grown so exhausted from the frequent and perpetual haitus my interest plateau. I'll watch it, yet it won't be the same type of feeling I had when it first aired. I'm only latching on to see who Mystery Girl (if she weren't meant to be a one-note character) and for PD to get reveal. And, for Jasperedemption.

>What interests you now?
I don't really have as much time for anime/cartoon/vidya stuff since starting college. My media courses have kind of led me into a lot of the old classics of movies; favorite directors are Fellini and Hitchcock.

For the time I do have, I've been chipping away at Bravely Default, that's fun. I also really need to complete Pokemon Sun before US/UM come out.

My ridonkulous ego feels like an unfortunate constant sometimes, no matter how many times I fail.

Do you guys think in the next 5-10+ years Sup Forumsmrades will treat the show with the same reverence as the first Avatar?

Literally zero hype. None. I mean, I'm totally going to watch it because I'm too invested at this point, but I'm also not going to pretend the show will even begin to live up to all the promises it's made. Expectations are rock bottom, bro.

Except Stevonnie could definitely have defeated Topaz but Steven was having a bitchfit. Also Yellow Diamond would in no way be sated just by killing Steven, and would eventually realize the Cluster wasn't going to emerge.

That song was played on the podcast.
its also the worst song so far.The lyrics are so terrible.

people enjoyed Avatar while it was airing

I predict a lot of people will probably treat it like Korra if LOK was objectively less flawed...
As in focused on waifufaggotry and complaining about the ending and the main character being a bitch.

Next, your going to say this was the work of an enemy unicorn

I understand Connie but I'm on Stevens side with this one. This is coming from a guy who hates Steven. Stevonnie would've been useless and Connie could've also died like Lars did.

Funny I've been trying to enjoy old horror movies like Firestarter or the birds

Yeah it's better if both of them die right?

Tumblr guy

>Connie could've also died like Lars did.
And it's too bad she didn't

Yeah, you won't have as much time or even basic interest in cartoon shit. But... Whenever I have a difficult time on a midterm or a exam, it's always good to bitch about SU to let the steam out.

The zoo's a pretty nice place. Steven should have just let them go.

what happened with the aivi/sursomething soundcloud? they used to put up their bgm after an ep of su would air, but they deleted nearly everything. i have a rip of the page but it would suck if they're not going to post their stuff anymore.

Looking forward to the four episodes of townies followed by another year hiatus.

>Make a show with an incredible concept, which has seemingly unlimited potential
>focus on the emotions of children, freaks and random Literally-Whos in some Flyover town instead

Name one other show that butchered its potential as badly as SU did

Jasper needs to fucking go.

The townie stuff was fine because it set up the characters. We were waiting since Ocean Gem to see the moment the show started going into space and dealing with Homeworld, and now that it's finally happening the mix of hiatuses, weak episodes and behind the scenes drama killed all the hype. And it fucking sucks.

They deleted most of the stuff since the official soundtrack was released.

This is the most optimistic, yet believable, route for SU in the Sup Forums future. Now we just need the ending to not be shit.

>there was a time when townie episodes were still sprinkled with gem magic, which actually made them still appealing
>world history butchered and no explanations seem to be in sight, which butchers the world building even more
>no more interesting gem concepts in sight even with all those possibilities

There isn't and I doubt there will ever be.

Human episodes are the most appealing with how Steven handles story/Homeworld.

how many tracks is it? my ripped folder has 188 tracks but a few, maybe 10 total aren't from su.

Ok Ko is surprisingly comfy and fun.

Who would have guess putting a show on long and frequent hiatus will remove hype for it

I've stopped Bravely Deafult for absolutely no reason after getting the Valkyrie class, haven't played ever since I maxed out the village. Now I only play Rune Factory 4 and Etrian Odyssey
I also have to finish S/U but that game sucks ass.

How the fuck is Connie in the wrong? Stevonnie would've wiped the floor with Topaz and saved everyone, Steven is acting like a messianic douche.

God damn, so much faggotry in this thread today.