Hi OP!

Boop

Ah yiss Howard

Did I miss Winda geting waped?

Lol
Just lol

hoot hoot

HI user

Yeah, last issue. All off-panel of course, the CCA wasn't that lax.

>tfw all of Marvel's announcements suck

Howard is a fan of the book of Ecclesiastes

I'd quite like to eat duck in Weltschmerz sauce.

I had to take a break from comics news after that Top Cow thing this week.

100% #relatable

Mike Pence doesn't have the balls to hold people hostage at gunpoint and neither did Quayle; Doomsday Clock lacks verisimilitude.

What happened with Top Cow?

You say that now, but wait until Marvel's indoctrinated child PMC mercenaries go all Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on your lily-white asses.

storytime good news and bad news:

good news: OP's job role changes for the better
bad news: at least for right now, gonna be more nights off, but I'll try to do meaty storytimes on active nights

I think that was Ivan the Titty Ghost, right? Horrocks and Graham both had eyerolls over people having the vapors over it.

Congrats on the job improvement OP!

You've been pretty active of late anyway OP.

it's been scheduling luck of the draw and we'll see how things settle out, but I know not this coming week but the next one we'll have 2 storytimes only

Doomsday Clock and marvel's military announcement thing sound sucky.

Thoughts on Young Animal/Vertigo?
>Milk Wars – a weekly crossover event between Young Animal and the DCU. (Orlando and Way)
>Mother Panic/Batman
>Doom Patrol/Justice League
>Shade the Changing Girl/Wonder Woman
>Cave Carson/Swamp Thing

>MOTHERLANDS, from writer Si Spurrier (SUICIDE SQUAD, The Spire) and artist Rachael Stott (Sex Criminals, Star Trek/Planet of the Apes), is a sci-fi series set in a future where universe-hopping bounty hunters are the new celebrities. A spotlight-shunning hunter named Tab finds herself in a race for her greatest prize yet, but to ID her target she’ll have to work with her fiercest rival and the most famous bounty hunter of all time—her mother. The six-issue series launches January 31.

>DEATHBED, from writer Joshua Williamson (THE FLASH, FROSTBITE) and artist Riley Rossmo (BATMAN/THE SHADOW, CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER), follows a former adventurer turned recluse who has re-emerged 20 years later. When reporter Valentine Richards is hired to get his story, she soon finds herself in an insane world of violence and supernatural adventure. The six-issue series begins February 21.

>ETERNITY GIRL, the new miniseries from Eisner and GLAAD-nominated writer Magdalene Visaggio (Kim & Kim) and Eisner award-winning artist Sonny Liew (The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye) follows Urania Blackwell, a former CIA agent who can’t die. Her only solution? Destroy the universe first. This six-issues series launches March 2018 from DC’s Young Animal.

That's fine by me desu. Congrats as said.

Unsurprising, we're still right in the middle of the Legacy clusterfuck.

I'm torn between disgust for the retailers who allegedly threw manbaby fits about "diversity" at a behind-closed-doors event and sympathy for them since Marvel are alienating the direct market's bread and butter.

However Marvel's critics need to fucking stop blaming this all on the nebulous concept of "diversity" because not only does it further the stereotype of comics' main fanbase being sheltered spergs but it makes Marvel look like a martyr being vilified solely for trying to expand the fanbase.

I'll gladly take fewer storytimes in exchange for better job conditions for you, OP. Most of my storytimes slowed down when my job got better too.

Doomsday Clock 6 page preview made me think that Johns should've boned up on Herbie.

Shit, mind blanked on the "job role" bit. Thought it was braces stuff.

Congrats.

Nicieza getting a Red Ronin one shot would be pretty decent if it weren't corporate propaganda.

>I think that was Ivan the Titty Ghost, right?
Yeah. When the biggest question is "How did you even find out about this shit?" I find it hard to buy the outrage as genuine. Also I'm increasingly convinced everyone's favorite twitter furry is high as fuck most of the time.

There's a seriously extreme, holier-than-thou Captain America hot take on that nobody has written yet. I eagerly await it.

Im happy that Shade isnt stuck with the BoP or Harley, but WW is an odd choice

I wish Nicieza was on something I actually want to read.

for some reason I just don't have enthusiasm for NYCC, not even keeping up with news

If a crossover is what we need to help YA sales, I'm all for it.

>Shade the Changing Girl/Wonder Woman
>tfw the only decent Wondie content lately are crossovers
Shade is my favorite ongoing right now so I'm definitely ultra excited for this.

Are Motherlands and Deathbed the two new Vertigo books? If so, neither of those sound like they're going to change my lack of interest in Vertigo right now.

That or he just has some kind of head trauma.

Motherlands and Deathbed could be good.

The twitter furry has adhd and is on meds for it.

IIRC the big driver was Claire of WWAC, who has this crusade about how comics won't be safe for women/girls until all the titty comics are completely gone, but man, I just want less of Bleez' talking ass ambushing me in my capeshit, I don't give a fuck if dudes wanna buy Hellina as jerk-off material as long as it's labeled for what it is

They're special oneshots so they aren't going to help sales at all.

Delays have ruined the sales beyond repair anyway. Only DOom Patrol is selling like shit and that one probably end up selling bad too since Way is so busy.

Williamson blows tho.

I'm betting Wildstorm sinks pretty quickly after its gap months too.

Fuck yes neeezz

Speaking of furries, WHERE IS SNAGGLEPUSS?

I saw at least one retailer say, really bluntly, how mad they were at that dipshit because the conversation got derailed from how Marvel has been fucking retailers

I WANT IT SO BADLY

OP what classical music pieces does Dr. Bong make his mutant animals play?

>that time furries got mad at Snagglepuss not being fuckable

I hope they bring Porter back for that book

chamber music isn't my forte (lol) but there's a lot of Baroque smaller stuff with flute, so let's start there

Can't believe the duck is a cuck.

The Circus of Crime is great and underused, same as the Serpent Society.

I do honestly love how CBRforums managed to turn this around by revealing how DC is the REAL villain for supporting fast food.

....seriously?

Fair enough. I was going more based on the pitch; i was barely taking writer into account outside of the last one where I assumed her GLAAD status means 'quirky Gerl kills the universe' which offers little appeal.

PRIME TIME IS COMIN

ha ha ha whaaaaa

KFC comics are amazing

I lost it at Koln-El

HI user

everything still hurts ;___;

I don't believe you

I need someone to write the offbeat amoral space bounty hunter/soldier comic I've seen like 4 of in the last year, but do it as good as Japan does it. Like Dirty Pair, VOTOMS, Harlock, Cowboy Bebop, Gunnm. None of the shit people are doing is as good as that (I'm still pretty interested in Heaven Will Be Mine).

Fantastic.
All of the Alternate Colonels.

>everything still hurts ;___;
That sucks. But it'll all add up in the end.

Doomsday Clock looks... pretty bad desu. Like, I'm not even mad and I'll still give at least the first issue a try, but damn.

I got a friend to read L.E.G.I.O.N. and now we all really want "Carol Ferris gets roped into business ops for Vril and loves it"

I want mai amoral husbando back

The narration is too...Johns-y.
It hasn't captured Rorshach's tempo.

Not a huge fan of crossovers, but I'll take anything that will bolster the Young Animal line. It's the best thing DC has done the past couple of years

I got no interest in Doomsday Clock

get back to me when FLASH WAR has best Flash in it

Woah...

Maybe bringing back Watchmen for an event was... not a mark of quality after all...

In b4 johns ties Rorschach to that Trinity War Question shit

They really are shockingly good. They're as good as KFC is disappointing in real life.

Frostbite was a decent read

When the Doomsday Clock preview in Batman/Flash also ripped off DKR I laughed so hard I gotta read it

okay, Johns digging up the body of William F. Buckley Jr. is pretty fucking amazing

fucking National Review, lol. if he has a re-enactment of the fight with Gore Vidal, I'll buy five copies

I hope they announce something about it tomorrow, I need more Mark Russell. Prez and The Flintstones are in my top 5 Big Two books from the last few years

Rorscach calls someone a goddamned queer

I do feel a little weird about all the people fanning themselves over this when I know someone who works for an arms dealer IRL.

>he actually expected it to be salvageable

>not liking herbs and spices
It's a hit in the south and Asia, you must have bland tastebuds.

Mark Russell did tweet promisingly!

twitter.com/Manruss/status/916038088320839687

also said he hadn't given up on Prez v. 2

That had nice art, but I thought had bad pacing.

Flash War is going to be so damn boring.
Fucking Williamson.

>Rorscach calls someone a goddamned queer
I think he's Watchmenverse Vic Sage

I got burnt out on Johns events promising the end to grim and gory like 3 events ago. They nevery deliver on that promise.

yesssssss, and then he gets called a crypto-Nazi

it's honestly mostly people who are already Justifiably Mad at Marvel and who now have another righteous bone to pick, it's really performative

this is....a thing that is

Johns is definitely not who comes to mind when I think of themes like the very nature of superhero comics and how they relate to real world issues like the current political climate but I'm 100% in support of him if he wants to try and do something a bit more poignant in an event comic.

Even if it turns out bad I will give him full credit just for attempting to do something different, and also for not treating Watchmen as an untouchable sacred cow despite the fact that it's had more of an effect on the DC universe than any actual event has despite not even being connected to the DCU.

I'm glossing over the obvious underlying motivation of Wacthmen still perennially outselling every other DC book 30 years later and therefore being a good way to print even more sequels/companions to it while promoting your monthlies, but I want to believe there's some artistry at work here despite Johns not really being synonymous with "artistry"

That's a good point. Also most of the first half of Secret Empire being critical of self-indulgent hero v. hero events only to end with... a self-indulgent hero v. hero fight was very disappointing.

in waifu academy I have Steve and Zemo leveling up their friendship, so I guess that's something

I hate that hangouts mechanic so much

I've seen a sudden uptick in people talking about that game, but I just don't want to go back because of how hard it is to get shit without paying.

Also still steaming about how DC won't get with the program and make an equivalent to it instead of wasting time with these ultra self-serious grindfest games.

Maybe Rorschach isn't Rorschach but instead is Gore Vidal in Rorscahch's mask.

I'm really enjoying Williamson Flash. I didn't know it was so disliked.

Russell says Snagglepuss will be out in January

I had it like 3 hours ago, the only spice you can actually taste is fucking salt.

LoSH dating sim when.

I mean, Rorschach is dead.
So it's a second Rorschach

It think it's Vic. Rebirth Vic. For a Johnsian-hype moment.

honestly I liked it last time, this time it seems more convoluted in how they've incorporated it to the normal grinding

I basically stopped playing the past two events so I'm less burnt out

youtu.be/1XHcPYorSJw

Aunt May likes Crue?

I stopped reading it but I definitely didn't think it was outright bad. I'd say it was very mediocre like Nightwing and Titans, but if you just want something with Flash in it, it's fine.

I'm finally starting the script. Been re-reading a lot of Legion lately to prepare. I've written a couple adventure games before and this has been my backburner project for a long time.

oh shit I saw that video so many times

Ooo, that's a good sign that he's getting to work on something. HYPE!

Don't taunt me so cruelly user.

Crüe is definitely one of my well-remembered 1980s guilty pleasures