DC fan here, what's the deal with this guy?

DC fan here, what's the deal with this guy?

He killed Bane

Isn't Bane his rip off?

Venom? He's like Spiderman
But bad
Also use Google

edgy fag-lord that wants to rape a bug, but instead has consensual sex with bug's girl-friends instead.

Okay, the basic deal is that the suit is an alien that bonds with people and can, when bonded, take on attributes and alter physiology around. The symbiote (really more of a parasite at times) first bonded with Spiderman, until he found it was alive and changing how he thought so drove it off. Due to time spent on Spiderman as it's first host, and the mixing of genetic material that happens due to the fleshwarping abilities, the Venom symbiote as it is known got to duplicate his powers and routinely bonds with another person who has a grudge with Spiderman as it was scorned by him. Weak to sonic and fire based attacks, it mostly resides on Eddie Brock, though it also goes on a number of other characters over time. The only time it does not look like that, though, is on Spiderman or Flash Thompson (known as Agent Venom) where it looks more like a costume. Recently had a stupid multiverse event where the symbiote went onto other characters.

He fancies himself a hero but his warped view of things results in him buying into whichever perspective is most convenient to him. He hates Spider-Man and convinces himself he's evil just because of a personal vendetta against him. He's pernicious and hateful, but penitent and righteous and always wants to do the right thing. he always threatens to eat brains but doesn't actually do it, he thinks of it as a way to scare criminals but is actually a subconscious desire of the alien symbiote he wears[/spoilers]

>doesn't do it
Pretty sure he did it in that one shitty arc

>Recently had a stupid multiverse event where the symbiote went onto other characters.
i miss What-If comics being used for those purposes.

An alien tried to get a little too grabby with Spidey so he chucked that shit away and it ended up on a muscle head with mental issues, an axe to grind with Spider-Man and a Messiah complex worse than Cable. Sometimes they have lovers spats or Eddie gets cold feet and it moves onto other people or gets sold/experimented on for other people to use against it's will.

He licked a little bit off a wall in a fugue but was shocked and disgusted at himself. He later discovered that it was because the symbiote feeds off a specific chemical in the human brain he'd been milked dry of, but that he could replenish it by eating chocolate

He has the Venom STD. It's like really bad herpes. He spreads it to basically everyone in the Marvel universe.

>I had the news story of the century, but Spider-Man revealed the killer I interviewed was a copycat
>I want to die... Lord help me...
>W-what is this black goo? AHHHH!
>It... it talks in my mind? It seems both of us hate Spider-Man, it abandoned this... other. It's my other now
>We should make him pay for all of it. Especially for this yellow crap we're forced to write now to make ends meet. This... VENOM

A mentally ill man trying his best to protect the innocent

Edgy left over from the shitty 90's that needs to be put to bed already.

Wow you're a casual

What an edgelord

Wait until you hear about Anti Venom.

I know the symbiote got powers from spider-man but how come when the symbiote bomb hit NYC everyone got Spidey powers and in Venomverse they also have spidey powers.

This is the fucking best.

>i know the symbiote got powers from spideman

No it didnt, stop being part of the problem and continuing this lie

I don't know why but I fucking love how they clap before saying they're going to beat him up. It's just so cheesy.

>Do i look insane?
Holy fuck my sides

>1994
That explains everything.

>This... VENOM
I prefer the "poison to Peter Parker and Spider-man" from Spectacular Spider-man.

Its an old snl skit

Any of you guys interested in a storytime of it?

The Symbiote is basically that one crazy ex that never got over you and sends you a two hundred texts messages a day, each one more desperate and disturbing than the last.

This is Sup Forums. The only time you ask permission to storytime in a thread is if it's in another thread where somebody is storytiming.

Fair enough.

Thanks, bro.

good lookin desu

No problem.

Ah yes good old Jim Craig, his art was always so crazy busy/detailed for what he do with it.

I forget, what was the mail away supporting? This and Trail of Venom one shot had some charity attached to it.

I like that Venom is making a comeback

>comeback
Venom never left baby.

He looks cool

Pretty sure he was dead for while, then he was an anti him
Oh then he was a Toxin or something

How do you pronounce symbiote?

Yes, hence the name

That was Eddie, the symbiote never left

He's a big buff weirdo that's obsessed with a nerd.

It's complicated.

I say sim-be-ot for some dumb reason but I believe the proper pronunciation is sim-be-oat

Oh the irony.

The way you thin it is

I really miss smartmouth Hulk.

das gay

When Todd Mcfarlane worked at marvel, he was bullied during his spiderman run, so he created venom out of pure anger as a distorted spiderman. the guy eventually quit marvel and created image comics.

I have no doubt he earned every bit of it. I think even PAD bullied him when he was working on Hulk with him becuase he was such a chucklefuck.

He works better as a girl

Todd rules Marvel sucks

Wasn't it implies that the symbiote got mad after briefly interacting with deadpool's mad psyche?

Beauty of the symbiote costume, Venom can be a girl. Or, well, the host can be, the symbiote seems to just be whatever it wants at the time,

He's cool

God, that Hulk costume. This was before or after Infinity Gauntlet?