So various flavors of libertarians, are roads a proper domain of the government?

So various flavors of libertarians, are roads a proper domain of the government?

No,
If they were, we'd be taking better care of them.
Roads should be a privately run business with toll-booths used to help pay for their maitenance

this sounds like an ancap meme

>the business will be more efficient
>the board of directors won't make up bullshit expenses, steal most of those money
>they won't try to save every penny on the actual road manutention
>they won't lobby the government when the public will outrage

Nice delusions you've got there, pal

Looks like great roads to bike on except the bottom right.

United States Constitution Section 8, Clause 7;
>To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

It looks like the USPS and roads are here to stay under the libertarian position.

where is that road in the top left

>>privately run businesses that control utilities are well managed and don't take advantage of their customers

It's actually Italy 15 years ago.

You can amend the constitution homie. Also libertarian here is little "l", so it's being used as opposed to authoritarian.

No clue, but it looks like a fun drive.

They will make their roads efficient or another company will come in and buy the lease on the road the next time it goes up for sale from the government, I'm guessing every year or so

No, they'll put in the bare minimum to attract customers until they have a monopoly and then they'll neglect it all, raise prices, and outbid everyone else.

We have the same problem with telecommunication in this country and that's LESS monopolistic than toll roads.

>Amending the Constitution a good idea
>Ever

Worked out well for the 18th Amendment

> what is the bill of rights?

sure road can be private

it would be nice because now roads are made with 20x the normal price using stolen tax money, taken from corps and individuals

totally true
or sell monthly pass etc

shut up commy

Libertarians and communists make the same key mistake.

They assume people are rational and at their core, good.

>roads

muh corporatocracy taxing me will be better than gubment!!!11!1!1!

will under the constitution the federal government is not supposed to own/hold land outside of D.C.

also this. 90% of humanity is authoritarian sadomasochistic scum under cover.

The roads near me are unbelievably shit.
I don't get where this stuff about governments being good at making roads came from.

>Toll booths
Realistically it'd be an app on your phone that tracks when you've been on certain roads using GPS and WiFi. It'd then automatically pay the relevant company on-the-fly.

To prevent misuse they'd have occasional cameras detecting any cars that go past without a valid account. There are probably cheaper ways to prevent misuse, but I can't be bothered thinking too much about it.

no shit?
woa!!
I also read some amendments where the senators are supposed to be not directly elected.

What about roads like interstate highways?

I feel like it's in the federal governments best interest to build them and maintain them.

It'd be crazy if we had to pay for all that travel on top of other taxes and expenses.

Also what is the most scenic interstate?

The one West out of Denver through the Rockies...70 I think

You muh roads statists realise that most French motorways are turnpike a with privately managed roads right?

I'm fucking British and still admit that France does this better than us.

This, california roads are shit and the towns are falling apart. Fuck this gay state

>top left
>great road to bike on

>bottom left
>a literal freeway
>great road to bike on

>top right
>desert road that stretches for hundreds of miles between human checkpoints
>great road to bike on

two of these options will leave you dead and the other will leave you extremely tired and dehydrated.

>property of government

property of the community you dumb ass. same shit as living in a condo; you pay a nigga to keep shit maintained. Government isn't a fucking strata.

you feel wrong

allow unfettered prostitution at all roadside inns

that will get the roads built swiftly

I may have become too powerful with this idea.

I should tone it down before assassins come.

Am I able to sell my "part" of the road?

Yes, infrastructure is something the govt should be responsible for. However, all they really do is pay for the roads and do some very basic maintenance. All of the paving is done by contractors, so we get the worst of both worlds. The govt overpays and has little direct control over the work being done and the contractors use the worst materials and labor available then come up with bullshit cost overruns.

I worked as a quality control inspector at several asphalt plants. Everything's fucked. The testing is mostly bullshit and often falsified, but the results actually affect how much the company gets paid, they can get a bonus if they get closer to the target compaction %. You are literally basing this decision on one single 5 gal bucket out of dozens of dump truck loads. The first and last 100 tons are exempt from testing (because they're typically shit), this still gets put in the road though.

government doing anything is poo stew

Personally, I think the perfect sized government is federal military/border control, state law enforcement for crimes that directly violate the NAP and a state body for regulating drivers and roads. Emergency services should be on a local level.

This is just because I'm personally quite satisfied with the road system where I live. There's no principles behind why roads should be public but, say, telecommunications should be private. Or why drivers should be regulated but guns should not.