Has anyone else seen this? What are your thoughts so far? And which X-men movies is it better than?

Has anyone else seen this? What are your thoughts so far? And which X-men movies is it better than?

It's a literally a show about white guilt and how Trump is bad. Pass.

Somehow I don't think you'd like any X-Books

I like the X-Men, but I never got the irrational hatred everyone in the Marvel universe has for them, I never got why they're treated like a separate species and I lost interest entirely when Marvel started genociding them. Gifted is just more of the same, only now with "Punch Nazis" and "Trump is bad, you guys!" leftist memes.

It was meh, has potential to be good but its based in the FoX-Men universe so its eventually going to turn to shit. And I don't think Fox can do worse than X-Men Origins Wolverine

I get the feeling you haven't actually watched it

The fox-men have put out nothing but X-kino ever since DoFP

Apocalypse was shit though. Fox has cycled between shitty and good x-men movies for like a decade now

Why can't TV shows use the big name heroes?
Where is Wolverine? Where is Charles Xavier?

We are supposed to be grateful that they sprinkled in some C-listers like Thunderbird, just because Simon Kinberg and Laura Schuler Donner want to keep making X-films until the day they die.

And it's not just Fox, Marvel won't put Avengers on their shows, DC won't let them use Batman or Wonder Woman or Green Lantern.

So I can't sit through an hour of this crap because they don't want to give me what I want. They can't even get a B-lister like The Blob or Juggernaut? Fuck this pretentious garbage

It wasn't the best but it wasn't shit. It just felt out of place

Because it would cost a shit load of money to have Hollywood actors reprise their roles in low budget shows that most people won't even know exists

That ringtone sold me the show. I'll watch it now, even if they replaced Sunspot with some no-name OC.

Oh

I liked it but its going to need a few more eps until I can actually judge how good or bad its going to be. The main cast is likable enough so far

The writing seemed poor from the start but at least Blink was hot to watch

What the fuck does that have anything to do with feels? Stop misusing that image.

>which X-men movies

None, so far. The effects are working, so far, because of the power set they chose, except for the daughter's force field, which look like bubble wrap - not sure if they didn't want it potentially be confused with Sue Storm's power set, not sure why since Fox owns the right to exploit that IP in live action as well, but it could have looked better without the choice they made, and because of what they are using for practical effects, which is probably good on a broadcast network budget.

I didn't really like the family and I've too many shows to watch but I'll probably catch up with it on DVR or something at some point.

THIS

There's no reason they couldn't give us, not necessarily Logan or Charles (and I don't mean the actors) but someone portraying Ororo or Jean, or even Scott - if the DCW can use someone for Superman, even if sparingly, there's no reason for for it not to happen here.

And Stewart would not be expensive, given that he's willing to do voice work on animated series.

maybe he has feels for not being wowed from the first episode

>not sure why since Fox owns the right to exploit that IP in live action

If they try to overlap any FF stuff to X-men without Marvel Studios permission Fox is liable to lose both properties

How shit are the villains? Usually I'd ask how good they are, but every live-action villain who wasn't Kingpin or Shadow King ended up being super-disappointing.

So another case of Mutant freaks out. People react. Mutant starts to lash out and causes casualties and which the response is to put them down like rabid dogs.

>Why can't TV shows use the big name heroes?

Why should they? Getting more characters out there is far better than using the same ones over and over.

...what?

I don't think we've seen the villains yet. There are some mooks from Sentinel Agency or whatever it's called, a government agency for catching and handling mutants.
There has been only 1 episode and so far it looks pretty solid for a cape tv series.

the main villain is Ahab iirc

>so far it looks pretty solid

Yeah its a solid 7

Probably talking about the overt use of mutie stuff being used as a metaphor for racism and shit

ITS ALWAYS BEEN THAT!

It’s like being upset and accusing the new Star Trek of diversity pandering and being a disservice to the original show.

>irrational hatred
>irrational
HAHAHAHA
Just wait until one accidentally blows up your house.

How is that any different than Spider-Man or the FF blowing up your shit?

So, is that Nightwing: The New Order book that came out just to pre-empt this?

Watching the episode now.

Why does the blonde girl run like a fucking moron?

The story of parents that participate in a system that shits on people then finds out their kids are those people is a little old.

I don't know how much of that is going to carry over through the whole show. It wasn't bad for a start other than I hate the sister's face and having a Lauren and a Lorna sounds like bad move. Little nit pick.

A+ Dog content.

>Lauren and a Lorna
That and naming them Struckers.

Seems like there should be a HYDRA connection but they can't use it.