Lets say it's just lying on the ground outside. Can I technically pick it up with a constriction digger...

Lets say it's just lying on the ground outside. Can I technically pick it up with a constriction digger? Like if I just scooped the ground up under it?

Stan Lee couldn't move it with a truck. Yet an elevator can lift it.

Nope.

Nope, because its still an extension of yourself, your will

What if it's floating in space? Can't I pick it up then?

I think Red Hulk did that at one time.

You'd grab onto it and it'd stay in place and pull you with it.

It's still connected to the ground, so even if you blew up everything around it, the hammer still wins.

Plus what the fuck good is being able to pick up the physical space around a hammer vs. being able to actually use it.

Okay so what if I pick up Thor does that count as picking up the hammer?

You probably need to actually come in physical contact with the thing, along with the worthiness, in order to get sickass thunder god powers

I think you're still at its mercy, drifting wherever its going. Its not a matter of weight, but magic bullshit preventing you from doing anything with it. If the snobby self aware hammer deems you unworthy, you cant do shit

>grab floor that has a hammer on top of it
>lay it on someone
Or you know just place it some on toilet cover to fuck someone's day

What if I used a backhoe that's worthy?

Are you a woman with cancer? This is important.

Thor is holding the hammer though.

Might want to buy her a few drinks first. Maybe some Asgadian stuff, not fit for mortal men. Going to need one hell of a roofie, too.

Yeah but if you lift thor up by extension you are also lifting the hammer.
>her
Get out fag.

Jane "I want to be sick" Foster

Bill did that with his hammer.

>Yeah but if you lift thor up by extension you are also lifting the hammer.
There is no transitive property for worthiness. And by that logic every Thor viillain and Hulk has "lifted" Mjolnir.

Has a villain ever used Thor as a bludgeon? On panel.

Could Rolf with three shoes pick it up?

Does smacking him against the wall/ground count?

No. This was actually proven in the first Thor movie. SHIELD digs around the hammer and even attempts under it a bit. If SHIELD couldn't figure a way around the problem, it's safe to say none of us could.

Now here"s a question. Thor puts the hammer on Loki's chest in the movie. When you breath, your chest goes up and down. But the hammer can't be lifted. So wouldn't Loki suffocate not being able to expand his chest to breathe? It's not like it would float slightly above him.

Thor leaves it on the floor of an elevator, and you come in and press the button to go to the top floor.
The elevator goes up or jams?

What? It wasn't on his diaphragm.

I was more thinking of the villain using the motherfucker to hit another motherfucker with.

Probably depends on if you're trying to move the hammer or if you're trying to get to your floor.

This. The first film covers the OP's question.
Now, if we're talking about the comics, I've seen all sorts of stupid bugfuckery involving the hammer ranging from Juggernaut grabbing it in mid-flight to hitch a ride back to Thor, to telekinesis & gravity powers lifting it up.

Can Jesus lift the hammer?

if the hammer is flaoting in space, can I move it from position to position with gravity, magnetism or a force pushing against it?

No, he's already using both his hands.

What if you capture Thor, imprison him holding the hammer within a powered exo-skeleton remotely controlled by you?

What if you kept just his head and hand alive and built them into a hammer-wielding mech?

Could Asura lift it?

Now we're cookin

IMO the hammer understands the will of the last worthy person to hold it. The reason it "falls" to the ground when dropped is because the wielder expects it to.

PS, nice trips

no, hes jewish

Didn't the Hulk lift it on strength alone? I'm pretty sure he did.

Going on the theory that all asgardian magic is actually super advanced tech that makes Stark weep, at least in the MCU, Mjolnir is a very interesting piece in general.

Firstly, it's stated that it was forged in and of the heart of a dwarf star.

It is equipped with a hypercomputer, near as I can tell, capable of accessing the nervous network of any living thing, assessing your character and actions, and deeming you worthy. The OS of this computer may either have sentience, or simply very rigid judgement protocols.

Now, the reason I mentioned the dwarf star thing is because if you took a teaspoon of this stuff, and placed it on the ground, it would literally sink into the ground, like a penny through water, sink into the planet's core, and the planet would implode around it.

Mjolnir is much larger than a tablespoon. The head seems to be about half a gallon, maybe three quarters? It weighs more than Saturn, and the computer inside seems capable of regulating its own gravity, and specifically, the direction that gravity is directed.

As near as I can tell, it allows someone to breathe when placed on their chest because it was bid to do so by someone "worthy". You cannot move it in space any more than you could direct a planet.

Interestingly, the eldest of the power pack could simply negate the gravity of the thing, assuming he has absolute mastery of gravity, and thus pick it up with ease.

Thor's hammer and Silver Surfer's board are put at the end of the universe and duct taped together. At the same time, at opposite ends of the Earth, both Thor and Silver Surfer call for their hammer/board. What happens?

Only in that Ultimates cartoon movie

Asgardians don't require air to breathe.

The duct tape rips

You clearly don't actually read Thor comics, and you're just making up things as you go. Your headcanon doesn't count, and it's not packed with a computer.

he'd just rip his own arms out trying like always

dude you must be high as shit to think that makes any sense at all.

What's with this spacing.

Again, going off the MCU version. According the the first movie, asgardian magic is just super tech. Which would mean it has a computer to do all the things it does. Going off the comics? Sure, magic, have fun, none of this applies, but the OP is a picture of the movie hammer, and most people are referencing the movie, so we're talking about the movie.

Mjolnir is a hunk of Uru metal that weighs about 43 pounds. Before it was a hammer it was just a lump of Uru, and Odin trapped a sentient cosmic super storm in it when he couldn't defeat it after centuries of locked combat. He used It because it's like a magic sponge it's incredibly easy to enchant and also holds enchantments beyond what other materials can hold. He caalled in a favor to the Dwarves, who owed him one for killing a shit ton of Trolls that were attacking them. He says to forge that enchanted Uru into a hammer. The Dwarves forge this hammer in the heart of a Dwarf star, not out of a Dwarf star. They needed the screen heat because the magic in the hammer made it basically indestructible. It takes almost a generation to make it, it melts their forges around it in the process, many Dwarves die. They give the finished hammer to Odin, on the condition that they never have to see it again. Odin adds the enchantment about worthiness, but because the hammer is sentient, it decides what is and is not worthy.

It's not a super computer, it's not made out of ultra dense star core with the weight of a planet, and you're an idiot who doesn't actually read comics.

Even in the movie it's still not technology and computers. If you can explain it, it isn't magic, and Asgardians understand magic enough that you could call it a science. If magic is a measurable and observable energy source, then it's not magic, even though it is in every other perspective. When he says magic and science are the same, he doesn't mean all his gear is filled with super tech, he means that to his people magic is as simple as science.

Just cause its a science that doesn't mean "computer". Their science may be advanced enough it doesnt need those things. It could just be an application of a law or theory they have.

The mcu where the goddess of death and sutr are showing up in the next thing movie? Asgard might not be full magic, but there are definitely hints that it isn't pure science either

>just be an application of a law or theory they have
Yeah basically this. If magic is real, it isn't magic. If you understand magic enough to have universal constants and laws associated with it, you might as well call it science.

he was clearly talking about MCU cunt, he even says it explicitly

The MCU one which has even less info about it, and all this super computer bullshit is just headcanon and conjecture

And "he" (definitely not you, of course) is still wrong even in MCU.

Nothing about that post has been explicitly disproven in the MCU, and I'd it doesn't say it's different then we must assume it's the same. At least, we can't start making up random bullshit about supercomputers pulled directly from our asses.

if you set the controls and walked away, yes, you could move it with a construction vehicle
but then you couldn't pick it up from the shovel, so you couldn't really use it in any useful way. it's not that complicated, people.

the hammer obviously interacts with gravity, so in space it'll move just fine. it's not an issue of inertia, it's gravity. otherwise you couldn't push it DOWN either, it would sit floating wherever Thor left it. but even then, it would be sitting relative to the rotation of the planet you're on. so no. Clearly it interacts with the earth mana and whichever norse god is the one of earth, I forget. He's in charge of gravity.

>When you breath, your chest goes up and down.
some people's, but on the graph of people, the more you go on the 'older' and 'male' axes, the less likely yours does. Our ribs have a tendency to ossify and then you're stuck stomach-breathing
>SHIELD digs around the hammer
I don't recall this, but if you dig under the hammer, it should immediately fall downward onto whatever's below, and then be unmovable again.

No, you just can't manipulate it if it doesn't want you to. Gravity is irrelevant, you can't move it in any direction without it's consent.

Can a robot pick it up?

Yep.

No. That's how Red Hulk did it.

If the Construction Digger is worthy, sure.

would chad be able to lift it?

>put Thors hammer on someone's toilet seat cover
>they become worthy enough to lift it through sheer desperation alone

Its called formmattingy you fumbshit

>the virgin vigilante: does hundreds of good deeds every day for no fame nor respect, has undergone rigorous self-improvement to the point that he's incapable of selfish thought. can't lift it
>the chad champion: is a corporate PR mascot that has never done a good deed in his life. Mjolnir flew into his hand the day he was born and has never left it since.

Kek

"whoever HOLDS the hammer"

Unrelated part of the enchantment. That just refers to who gets the power. There's nothing about lifting it in that phrase.

If you body switch with Thor, who can lift it, you in his body, or him in yours?

Depends on the nature of the switch. Some just change minds, others swap souls.

him in yours

>not just doing an upper-decker to teach him to not fuck with you

I've never once heard of a switch that swaps minds but not souls. What would that even entail?

at that point you're justified to just piss on the hammer

I miss ItsJustSomeRandomGuy.

Swapping minds is a technological body swap, it's basically brainwashing to convince you that you're the other. The Soul infinity stone can take one person's soul and put it in another person's body. Also, transporters glitches that end up mixing or swapping people around are usually physical only, not spiritual.

thats assuming souls are unmalleable, unchanging, and completely unaffected by what happens to your body, which is demonstrated untrue in most settings in which where souls are confirmed. something that reprogrammed your mind to become another person could easily reprogram your soul as a side effect

Best stan lee cameo

Sure, but I usually assume the simplest possible explanation unless told otherwise. If they don't talk about the soul at all and just doing doing some mild meld thing, I assume it's only the minds that are changed and the soul is intact.

Hes talking about the movie where nothing is really magic.

Where are you getting this shit? Point to three times this imaginary distinction has mattered, or would make sense in any way. So if a good person gets mind-swapped with Hitler the good person goes to hell instead of Hitler? I would think that in the vast majority of metaphysical philosophies the soul would default to staying with the mind rather than with the body.

The simplest possible explanation is that the soul is tied to the mind and not the body, and will go wherever the mind is. Why the fuck would you think otherwise? I'm honestly curious now, what your cultural and educational background is to come up with this, because it's sure as fuck not anything I'm familiar with.

Read the replies, I don't feel like calling anyone else retarded today.

Is severe autism a cultural and educational background?

Take a deep breath.

Because the "mind" being the brain is just a part of the body. Consciousness is tied to the physical, not the spiritual. It seems like an unnesesary extra step to think the brain and the body and fundamentally different.

I've noticed it mostly in Christians and religious Chinese/Japanese.
Because whenever someone is sick or feeble or whatever, the consolation offered is 'when they die and go to heaven they'll be fine"
but if things that effect the body can effect the soul, that creates the idea of still being crippled or retarded in the afterlife.
now, obviously, an all-loving etc God would fix that shit anyway when they got there. but then, what if...? its an unpleasant thing to think about having your immortal soul permanently damaged for all eternity because of circumstances on the comparatively brief period you were alive on Earth

I guess that's how you get things like Nearly Headless Nick. I view that as more of a joke though, I think it most cases the soul isn't affected by the body.