TODAYS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODAYS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

heavy.com/entertainment/2017/10/szechuan-sauce-mcdonalds-locations-near-me-list-every-city-address-where-available-sold-today-saturday-october-7-all/
youtu.be/lhc_bXGvmp0
archive.fo/ebQDa
buttermilkcrispytenders.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Signature sauce and Sriracha sauce is better

I was just at mickey dees and all I saw was Sriracha sauce ads.

only certain ones? fuck that shit
i can't wait for the ebay jew mastery of selling it

for me its the szechuan mcchicken

>Each store gets 10 posters of 10 different sauces for nuggets
>Each store only gets ONE of each poster
>Each store only has a single container of Szechuan Sauce that's first come, first serve.

Yeah, not worth it.

I tell you though, the fact that he got it brought back is envious. Imagine having that power.

I'm a Sweet and Sour guy, myself. I can't imagine Szechuan sauce being that good. Very few people in Rick and Morty's fanbase were teens/adults at the time that Szechuan sauce was a thing so people my age are just pretending it's the best shit ever.

Call me when they're bringing back their old buffalo sauce. I miss that stuff. It was thinner and spicier than the new kind.

>tfw the closest one near me is downtown and smells like piss

I was thinking about stopping by to grab some nuggets for the first time in years, but they're so damn limited that I'm not going to both.

WE DID IT REDDIT

Someone said they're actually going to have several packets of each sauce but only one poster. But several is like, 20. So who knows.

you can just make your own for like $20 a gallon

Dude Reddit lmao

well
cool

bad thing is, its at 2PM local time
and i need to be in a place that has zero MCD in the area

meanwhile, the place im leaving has like 5 of them within 20 miles of each other

What's stopping them from just selling anything and saying it's that sauce? It's been like 20 years since they last had it it's not like anyone's claims of it tasting wrong could be validated and they could claim the packs on ebay are too old for the authentic taste.

To be fair, r/RickandMorty is probably full of people patting themselves on the back for something they had nothing to do with

Holy shit it's not even in my state. Fuck you McDonald's.

Instead of a one day only super limited promotion why don't they just make a regular teriyaki/soy style dipping sauce and add it to the regulars? I think people would really enjoy that.

Yeah, but who cares? If anything, it's a great subreddit for keeping them out of our precious, precious Sup Forums, where the only good cartoons are pre movie Spongebob and Moral Orel.

Also,
>To be fair
I don't think I can ever see those three words the same way again.
I feel stupid for having not thought of this. It feels so obvious.

BBQ>Sour Sweet>Seiracha>Szechuan

I tried the new Surge and it didn't quite taste the same. Like it had the ingredients but the mix was off. I can tell when a batch of some soda hasn't been mixed quite right or if its old, even a decade later. Thats the type of thing that drives me nuts. 7up isn't the same. Happens a lot with energy drinks when its not perfect. Not sure I had enough shezuan sauce, but I remember it was close to sweet and sour and it was red.

I don't care about nuggets, I want their new tenders.

>keeping them out of our precious, precious Sup Forums

You sound like a woman.

where the actual fuck did you read that? They don't just have a single fucking container or said, that would be retarded.

Redditor show promoting corporate devolution serving of artificial soy infested fat filled McNuggets?

Classy.

Do you think the sauce and poster will actually be worth something on ebay? the Mcdonalds right across the street from me is one of the participating ones and I get off work an hour before 2 when the promo is supposed to start.

I heard it's better than barbecue. I'm going with a friend today to get some.

I'm traveling into the ghetto for sauce
I don't know how they picked which locations were going to have it, but I'm not happy about what I have to do tomorrow to get some

this is one of those roll your windows up if you have to drive through neighborhoods

mcdonalds made a teriyaki sauce?

There's no way they're really doing it for one day, right? I'm no economist but wouldn't making whatever adjustments to whatever facility to pump out a different sauce for just one day be more trouble than it's worth? Wouldn't they need to keep it up for weeks, maybe months for the amount of sauce produced to justify the amount of time getting the ingredients and equipment together to make it?

Glad they're doing this on a Saturday because it means I can grab some sauce, and then drive straight to Chick-Fil-A for their vastly superior nuggets to dunk in it.

like an user said, they can just use a different combination of ingredients they have on-hand to get a crude approximation and nobody would be able tell the difference without also having a fresh sample of the original on hand, which don't exist as I'm sure the 3-4 jugs they had left from which Roiland got his are long past being fit for human consumption, and definitely don't taste the same way they did over a decade ago

New Jersey?

>not even happening in my state

good going ShitDonald's

thinking of making a twitter account just to spam McDonald's telling them Chick-Fil-A has better nuggets and better sauce

My local McD's says they'll be carrying 20 packets.

Fucking TWENTY.

I'm going to make my own sauce. Fuck this.

Binging with babish made a video where he recreates it. I'd just do that.

What does szechuan sauce taste like

He's eliminating the competition.

And it's working for him, nice.

Only certain locations will carry szechuan, it's stupid.

>tfw the closest sauce location is 2.5 hours away from you

heavy.com/entertainment/2017/10/szechuan-sauce-mcdonalds-locations-near-me-list-every-city-address-where-available-sold-today-saturday-october-7-all/

What's the point of doing it in the first place then? No point in half-assing it.

>drive 2 hours for a chance to have a packet of sauce that might not even be good

dumb as fuck, if every location had it and it wasn't limited i'd probably pick it up just to try it, and I haven't even had mcdonalds in years.

I don't understand why it's super limited. I doubt it's made from some sort of borderline extinct animal, right?

Just watch some jerk is gonna charge $10+ for a packet on ebay.

Mcdonalds fucked this whole thing up, I'm not fucking driving 5 hours for a packet that's likely going to be sold out by the time I get there

Literally going across the country for this
You fucker better leave some

I mean, there's a shit ton of McDonald's in the US, and you can't just make sauce appear overnight. They just got lucky enough to tie it in with another promotion that was already rolling out. I'm really amazed that even bothered.

>CSUN

anyone else in the Northridge area going to the McDonald's?

They're probably converting a prexisting base of a sauce.
Like with the McFlurries, from bubblegum squash to oreos. Its just a flavor approximation, same shit.

>mfw I'm driving across the country today so I will drive through a state that has it

That was a late as fuck response; meme's already way dead. Even a McPickle with extra pickle in it would be late at this point.

>closest one is 25 minutes away

Still not worth it.

You want Buffalo Sauce? That's easy as hell to make. It's just Tabasco sauce with melted butter mixed in.

>mfw Oklahoma
>not a single god damn McDonalds in the whole fucking state is participating in the promotion

Oh well. Hopefully this does well enough that they bring it back as a regular sauce. I've still never tried it.

>Only select restaurants will have the sauce in limited quantities.
> You can ONLY get the sauce if you dine-in. >You cannot get the sauce at the drive-thru.
>You must purchase 4-piece, 6-piece, or 10-piece buttermilk chicken tenders to get the sauce.
>The sauce will begin selling at 2 p.m. local time at participating locations.
> Only one Szechuan sauce per person. :(
>Supplies are really limited. Many stores will only carry 20 packets of Szechuan sauce each.

What the fuck? They're making this so hard to get for no reason. Fuck it, they can keep the dumb sauce. I'm not going all the way downtown just for the chance to get one packet

The thing you gotta remember is that to McDonalds it's not about the sauce. It's a one day promotion to promote the new chicken strips.
They can afford to take a loss on the sauce because they consider it advertising.
And really, those little packets stay good for a while, they don't need to change over much production if they know they'll only need to have it for one day.

there's nothing wrong with fat unless, like everything else, it's trans.

>no one apparently saw the recipie compared to the original
This is why /ck/ doesn't visit

youtu.be/lhc_bXGvmp0

God damn it, I hate living in a small town now. It's barely recognized in my state so it's not on the list. Guess i'll die

>talking shit about trans-atlantic airlines

>Nearest McDonald's is a five minute walk up the street from me
>Don't care about the meme sauce so I probably won't even go

>live in a country so fat that you celebrate the return of a fast-food sauce for one day
Burgerland, indeed.

>Sriracha sauce
My friend of African descent

>Live in a country where you celebrate your turn to finally see the doctor after months in the queue.
Anywhere else but burgerland, indeed.

Shit. I could fucking make this. I hate ground chicken though.

WE DID IT SCIENCE BROS!!!!!

WUBALUBADUBDUB!

archive.fo/ebQDa

But, what did Justin Roiland meant by this?

How much do you think they'll but it fir if I get one and sell it on eBay

fucking /ourguy/

Why did everyone like it so much? I never had any, so is it just that good or is it the pure novelty factor?

Tot Frogman, Walt Disney and now Justin Roiland. The hall of fame continues

>totes real

In only a matter of moments, we'll all be on our waaayy

What's even worse is that they gave the creator of Rick and Morty a half gallon of the stuff yet can't spare doing an actual distribution

The guys behind Rick and Morty liked it and the target audience wasn't alive during the promotion. Now you've got legions of 19 year olds who've heard it's the best shit and want to try it.

It was okay 20 years ago. Not something I'd have ordered a second time.

Same.

So I went for those new Chicken Tenders yesterday at my usual Mickey Ds and they were completely sold out by 4:00 PM. Like, this Szechuan shit is not gonna go well.

the mcdicks right next to me is supposed to be carrying it. It's lunch time and they don't even have the sauce in yet. I don't even want the damn things it's for some friend who had to work.

>be in Tampa
>go to the Rickmobile about a walk away from house
>wait 3 hours in line
>cops shut it down

>want dat sauce
>any McD near are way too far out
>probably be mobbed and soldout

I just went and the McDonalds location we went to didn't have it. Incidentally, it's in the city next to the one I live in and I could catch the train to get there, but I feel it's not worth it. It's at limited supply and likely already gone.

>I tell you though, the fact that he got it brought back is envious. Imagine having that power.
I don't know if I trust Roiland to have meme power like that.

I just checked 3 manhattan mcdonalds and them niggas were selling TICKETS for it hours before 2.

I drove up to the location near me 30 minutes early and I shit you not there was already 100 ppl in line going down the street out the door. I just kept driving.

OH like you'd fucking know

>each location only gets like 20 fucking sauces

That's beyond bullshit- even if you're not into it- that's just supply and deBULLSHIT.

>dine-in only
There's a mcdonalds that has it 3 minutes up the street from me and I decided against it.

Sounds like the Rickmobile line again.

zsachuan sauce doesn't exists morty

just curious: has any1 here actually TRIED the sauce?

I'm going to. I'll let you know how it is.

I would if not for the fact there is a line of 100 people for 20 packets.

If it's anything like when the Rickmobile came to my town, it's gonna be a 4 hour line down the street with no place to park, and a bunch of smelly nerds dressed as Rick.

Those chicken strips are shit, by the way. The nuggets are better. You could get a more satisfying chicken strip at KFC or Popeyes. Literally no flavor in the McDonalds ones.

reporting in
I went to the event, it was in a very bad neighborhood and when I got there there was a line of neckbeards wrapped around the building out into the highway.
the crowd was so big the cops came and were standing by, and there were even undesirables in costumes.

then at 5 to 2 a girl comes walking out and announces WE OUTTA SAUCE

they had broken the street date and were giving the sauce and posters out to regular customers all day, so nobody that was lined up for the event actually got any.
I quickly drove to the other location nearby to try and get some and it turns out they never had any sauce to begin with an only had the promotional posters

they fucked up and I'm complaining to corporate about it

buttermilkcrispytenders.com/

check to see if your store has it. instead of searching other websites

My friend tried it and Snapchat streamed it. He said it was pretty bland, and he wouldn't recommend it over just barbecue sauce or something.

Good, I wish more people would complain to corporate about fuckups like this

This is the worst possible way to promote your brand

He hasnt. Its justmarketingbpower. McD use that to be hip and cool.

That is some bullshit. What were they even thinking with this promotion?

>sweet and sour sause
good taste my friend