*mimics you in your path*

What do you do?

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

Hand him a phosphorus grenade. It seems to be incapable of deception, which is why it got blown up.

I’ve always wanted to make out with myself

sex it and make alien babies

finger its butt... so that... you know

>alien starts twerking
What is it with this director and unnecessary dance scenes...

cheat on my husband with the nearest black guy, obviously

Play vidya with it and always end in ties.

i honestly love this fucking movie and i dont give a fuck what you nechbeard/hipsters think about it this movie is to me what blade running is to you autistic fucks

> Annihilation >>>>>> blade runner 2049

Attached: 12.webm (1176x660, 1.67M)

Hershlag should have started fucking it!

Offer DNA

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1200, 2.57M)

They were both ayys, Portman died in the hole

cuck my spic husband with bbc because thats what kike main leads mery sues do das rite yass queen

>that hole

Attached: 1445695675422.jpg (600x602, 28K)

>expected Ex Machina-tier "it's okay" sci-fi
>got an unsanctioned adaptation of Color out of Space

If only that user spamming "what are some lovecraftian films" threads a few months back had waited

I just finished watching about half an hour ago. Much much better than I expected. The sound design of the end section in the lighthouse was trippy as fuck.

seriously why did he have to be black?

DANCE OFF BRO, ME AND YOU

The film plays with our perspective on things a lot.
The House, the crocodile mouth and the bear, the voices of the girl that died from the bear, should we kill the alien or should we leave it be?, do we understand what it is doing or it does not matter and it is out of our comprehension to understand or rationalize.

challenge it to Tic-Tac-Toe
>alien realizes the only way to win is not to play

cum on it

don't bring him back,
also lovecraftian focused on not showing you the monster/alien, this film does not shy away from that.

anyone else assume that Natalie was the alien at the end and she lied to the Chinese scientist that she blew it up with grenade ?

its natalie, because she knew where to go, what to say, what not to say, she also knew he wasn't her husband but the alien. I mean, why would the alien talk to another alien like a wife would be talking to her husband then realising that he ain't him and he died based on the video she saw

If I had to give a gripe it would just be "what was the point"

the message of "we aren't meant to understand it" was unsatisfying because it just leaves scenes as "well it's just some shit that happened to look cool& mysterious"

the alien didn't "talk", it's one creation only had sentience because the human whose DNA it used had. It mimiced the human and might've gotten better with Natalie. Think a computer program that pretends to be a human, not an actual sentient AI

It was her, but mutated just like the husband

The shimmer reached Area X by the time she came back. Maybe it's all fake at the end

>alien thing crashes
>Start messing with the genetics and properties of everything nearby, inadvertently or not
>Crystal trees just to look cool I guess
>Grass seems fine tho
>Makes a weird human shaped mimic
>Catches on fire and it all dies
>Except for Oscar Isaac

ok.... What am I supposed to get from this other than visual spectacle?

>The shimmer reached Area X by the time she came back

No it didnt

I'd like to die in her hole

ouroboros

maybe the movie was a dream.....
maybe it was the bbc mans dream

its a space cancer with reality bending properties crashed to earth and start mutating the earth it start to grow learning evolving breaking down the world and rebuilding it not because its evil just because it is

not until it met humans mutated and copied their brain did it understand what it was after that it destroyed all the other mutations and lived as Oscar Isaac & Natalie Portman thats scifi answer

you can write a book about what it was doing mentally to the humans inside it and another book about what it was doing to the land and animals

Attached: werd.jpg (291x173, 11K)

>Keep this pose until I fall over and die.

Attached: 4kbane.jpg (3840x2160, 2.72M)

How did it frig up their skin cell DNA so they turned into trees and other gay poetic shit but it didn't frig up their heart or brain stem DNA killing them in a boring way

>it
i want to shit on you but its just sad if that is all you took away from this master piece

why would Padme be married to Poe despite them existing 60 years apart from each other?

Yeah, i got all that while watching except for the end bit. Are you saying that turning into a human was the end goal?

The book was better

Face toward it and back toward the wall, then edge around the perimeter until I reached the door, then leave.

>not until it met humans mutated and copied their brain did it understand what it was after that it destroyed all the other mutations and lived as Oscar Isaac & Natalie Portman
That's not what i understood from the ending, to me everything burned because it was still connected to the original "entity" and the thing cannot stop from mutating and passing down the properties of whatever it touches to the rest of "it". Oscar-thing was outside the shimmer, and Natalie "died" some time after exiting the lighthouse.

Attached: 1520108665970.jpg (655x527, 59K)

I understand what I witnessed, user, I just don't know what the point was.

>Spectacular mutating life
>Spooky screaming bear
>Crystal trees
>Crazy 4D cloud-like entity
>But then it all just dies
>Everything goes back to normal except for Oscar Isaac who is not human
>Nobody seems to care

That's why I say it's just a visual spectacle, it didn't really give me anything to think about. I'm wondering if I'm missing something

>not until it met humans mutated and copied their brain did it understand what it was after that it destroyed all the other mutations and lived as Oscar Isaac & Natalie Portman thats scifi answer
wrong you humongous retard, it never did. That's not how any of that works. When mutation occurs it's one possible path to see if that one happens to survive. Merging with human was one path it took, it tried before with other humans and with natalie / isaac it tried different approach, which resulted in copies of them that worked somewhat but not quite. It didn't gain any knowledge or sentience, it was just one possible path. Don't you faggots have any idea how viruses and cells work? The copies you saw weren't aliens, they weren't "it", they were just a results of cells merging and mutating like the fucking animals you saw or the plants or anything you see in real life. It keeps trying different paths because that's what life does; it didn't learn anything from those two copies, they existed separately

Why did they have to show her eyes shining at the end? Spoiled it a little, felt like Hollywood meddling.

....brap?

it read human DNA and was trying to use it on other thing in nature like the plants growing in human forms and read trees and grew trees with sand

with the humans now i think it was more mental like the black chick who was cutting herself who at this point just wanted to die so it turned her into the earth

Not rush at the door, causing it to tackle me and crush me against to door as it tries to occupy the same space.

Maybe I expected more but they said this film would be "too smart" for normal audiences. It wasn't complex at all. They literally explain it flat out to you.
>This shimmer is like a prism, it takes all kinds of separate things be it genetics, magnetic fields, radio waves, and then it mixes them up.

not its end goal it didnt know anything about humans it was just growing and leaning when it meet humans it became more than just a mindless cancer more than a animal it became self aware and destroyed the rest of the shimmer seeing it didnt need it anymore become truly alive

what it did after that is what the robot chick did in ex machina when he reached the city

This is one of those films that retards will try to say is SOOOO deep and complex but it's really not

>SOOOO deep

...put your dick in it

Attached: kino.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

I loved it as well. Not as much as 2049, but it was very good.

i guess i wanted it to live on guess if this is the true ending it did live on in Oscar Isaac

Attached: S7e1_mother_gum.png (1920x1080, 1.33M)

These same people defend Dunkirk vehemently.

it's not deep most people just don't understand how cells or viruses work. They instantly think of the phenomenon as "it", an alien, some entity, even though the movie tried to explain all of that

damn you got it

Guys
why didn't she just face the thing, and scoot backwards around the edge of the lighthouse, then just dip?
Like so

Attached: lighthouse.jpg (2816x1760, 117K)

ah fuck you beat me to it

good plan
but Hershlag wanted to kill it

she's a woman and women are stupid

so what's up with the blacked scenes?
when did she swap with her clone?
was it literally about cancer like how it mimics its surrounding environment?

ps: the ritual was way better

this but unironically

why didnt she just start licking the doppelgangers pusy so that... you know...

No user, "it" can simply be a word to refer to the collective phenomenon that happened within the shimmer that stemmed from the the lighthouse.

It clearly didn't mimic her 1:1. I imagine if she got close to the door it would rush to stop her just like it did.

fuck u medical degree faggots i enjoyed it more because i dont know shit about cells or viruses

People spout shit like "yeah dude it gained sentience after it copied natalie and isaac" and what not, completely missing the mark. There's no "it" that gained anything at all

Is this movie The Color Out of Space meets Roadside Picnic? I haven't viewed it but my tertiary impression is that it is a derivative work.

>can you describe it's form?
>No.
>Are you sure?
>Actually, on second thought, it was a glowing gas with a symmetrical shape, which then condensed into the form of a human being and began to mimic me

The copy of Isaac can talk and understand other people's questions. Maybe it's still just mimicking behavior but it's not unreasonable to guess that it just learned how human minds work

Seemed to very clearly be an "it" though, which also died, destroying the zone in the process, which means it was all a single entity and connected.

Maybe I'm a pleb but the visuals + sound design alone were enough to make an entertaining movie. The story was confusing but it was scary and I didn't mind the mystery since I viewed it more of a horror sci-fi than a super deep sci fi.

>so what's up with the blacked scenes?
Explains why the husband left, and why she felt guilt throughout the movie
>when did she swap with her clone
She didn't, she was just changed
>was it literally about cancer
No, it was metaphorically about cancer

I despise sci-fi movies like arrival or interstellar which are actually just about human emotions, but at the same time I wasn't fond of this film's "weird things happen and then it's over"

Some kind of conclusion or reveal felt missing

>Jew waifu is able to test DNA in the field
>Not one scientist has tested either ayyyy isaac or ayyyy jew waifu's DNA in an actual science lab

The movie is shit tier and Sup Forums is once again retarded

thanks based trips

>>Actually, on second thought, it was a glowing gas with a symmetrical shape, which then condensed into the form of a human being and began to mimic me

if she said that or told them about what she saw on the camera they would think she could be it and lock her up

Vaguely has elements of the two but not really. The book is very inspired by Lovecraft (doesn't really come across in the film version though). Film's more of a "personal" thing about the main character.

what every you got out of it you start out of it diving deeper and trying to understand things you didnt get will only turn you into a jaded asshole who a official /tvtard who sits and shit on things everyday because

Once the lighthouse thing was killed, all the mutations went back to normal, (as evidenced by the crystal trees dying and then the human-shaped bushes being absent from the field) so they wouldn't have the glowy cells in their blood

Even if the influence is less, I was thinking about Lovecraft for the whole movie. Not in a derivative way though.

If they're not retarded they'll incinerate both her and the guy anyway. And even if they are retarded they'll never let them out of isolation.

That one copy of isaac is just a copy of isaac, not part of anything previous at all. Has same memories, same dna, same cells. It was just one way the virus happened to mutate. We don't know if the isaac in the end was the real one or the copy one, he nor the copy knows it itself. The copy is just as clueless as the real one because it's literally just a copy of him. It certainly doesn't know anything more than him. There was never "it" who realized anything, there wasn't some alien nor some entity that understood jack shit. It was just a mutation of the virus not linked to anything previous

A virus mutates to different paths and if they survive they turn into more and mutate more, if they don't survive they obviously die and that's that. Think of it as evolution, how you became to be from some fucking ameeba. The ameeba gained nothing from you being as smart as you are now, nothing before you did. You're just a mutation that survived long and became really efficient

delet this

>which are actually just about human emotions

this was both scifi and filled with a little to much of humans metaphor to the point you have people even questioning if the scifi aspect even matters when a SCFI movie reaching that point fuck it

and fuck trash like mother

Attached: sdcv.jpg (183x275, 10K)

it doesn't matter to anyone unless you're an insecure faggot

I thought the mimic transforming into Natalie combined with the footage of a similar looking mimic on oscar's camera was meant to imply that's what he was

Contender for Best Original Score?

Attached: cover.jpg (1200x1200, 276K)

Well I mean it had some metaphors like that but it was mostly about cells/viruses

Is this movie worth torrenting?

you have two clueless isaacs, one can't handle his own existence and kills itself. The other goes back because it vaguely remembers there is back. How can you know which one is real? Natalie didn't know if she was real in the end either

the final 40 minutes or so saved this movie from being complete and utter trash

possible, and the director could have lied to us, because we saw OG Nat walk in and walk out, I was looking for a switcheroo and there was none.

That said, is it possible the alien learned how to coexist with Nat, like how it filled the other people with it's.... weirdness?

Her eyes suggested she was one of them, no doubt. But there was no point when she would have been switched out, unless the testimony was all lies, or the imagery was left out... but without even a hint, that's hardly a good deception.. more just an omission.

its worth signing up for netflix

> and finding Oscar Isaac getting down on your knees and sucking him off

the complexity of it is to be lauded but its nowhere near the almost perfectly well-rounded film br2049 is

Is it on US Netflix?!

This movie was Solaris and STALKER at the same time