Runaways Thread

Hulu series trailer:
youtu.be/Z6_0dJkjFAM

Are you excited for the Hulu show? Will the 2017 revival be good? Why was the 2008 run so fucking trash?

Wow, people are really hyped.

>Will the 2017 revival be good?
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA
*BREATHS IN* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Fuck yeah I loved this comic, not enough people talk about it!

Wait, there was a 2008 series?

Pls I just want it to be good again.
Bringing back worst girl was a big mistake. I miss Victor.

Her hair looks concave from that angle, like a bowl with a ball of yarn in it.

>Expecting anything but disappointment from Marvel in the year of our lord 2017 AD (except for Platoon)

*BREATHS IN HEAVIER* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH AHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Ha ha ha h where did it go so fucking wrong

The 2008 series lasted 14 issues and the writing and art direction was all over the place. It has no consistency and it's p shit desu
2005 run was the best except for Joss Whedon's arc at the end.

That's hideous, they look like Bratz.

This was the only good moment in the 2008 series if I'm gonna be real with you. Logan's a good man.

Why is Molly dressed like a slut in the comics now?

Why is she an old mexican in the show?

>Why is Molly dressed like a slut in the comics now?
she's older now, slut tho? she still looks like a dork to me.

>Why is she an old mexican in the show?
they changed the character from a mutant to a something else with the same powers and changed the ethnicity last name is different.

probably has something to do with Marvel's need to keep everything in the MCU

As much as I love how Rowell is pretty much erasing Hopeless and Whedon's run from existence, I feel like somewhere along the way things are gonna turn into trash.

Man, the sjow actually looks great

Was ready to trash it, but honestly looks really good. At least the trailer does, seems really faithful to the first issue.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the show. Molly being older and wearing less hats is lame, but if her actress still portrays her as cute, she'll be good.
I hope it's good enough that we get season 2 and Xavin, Victor, and Klara showing up.

>Xavin, Victor, and Klara showing up.
Why the fuck would you want such trash?
I guess Victor was ok, but the Vision comic completely JUSTed him.
But the other two were horrible ideas executed terribly.

>Slut
You okay there?

>Old Mexican
Replacement character because mutants and preteens don't age well in shows filmed over multiple years / with filming gaps..

Good, Runaways deserved to be an evergreen line.

God dammit, Nico sounds like a stoner tansvestite.

Is the more pics of the blonde chick? Talking about the comic version. She is doing things to me.

gerth is too fat in the new series disgusthing

>they changed the character from a mutant to a something else with the same powers and changed the ethnicity last name is different.
>probably has something to do with Marvel's need to keep everything in the MCU
and none of this is excuse to make her old mexican and ugly

telepathic dinosaur confirmed!

We haven't seen her powers.
The Actress is 15 and was born in America.

so you expect her powers to be mexican related?

All I have of Anka's Karolina.

you know her entire arc is that she is uncomfortable in who she is. That never stopped until after Runaways stopped

>short hair
fuck I hate Anka

Those are just bangs.

Thicc

why are the sides short then? cause they end, they don't go into the uplifting light in the back

Shit, you might be right. Are mullets making a comeback?

Oh no, Humberto Ramos.

Because her hair turns into rainbow energy? Look at literally every other picture of her.

I know how her powers are supposed to look. Anka is a hack and can't even make that work. His fetish for manly women is out of control

No, no, and the series hasn't been good since Vaughn left.

Xavin was great and Klara was fine.

I liked issue one quite a bit, it had the tone of BVK. It was a little slow in some parts but that was mainly to establish the tone that the author was going for

Actually looking forward to this

I'm torn about the Anka design because I love thicc, but Karolina is supposed to be sticc.

everyone on Sup Forums hates artists for sameface but Anka is terrible cause he designs everyone the same. You can just change the clothing of most of his characters and it's the same

Are you literally retarded?

I agree

it's because of the colorist, compare how the yarn hair appears to be "lit" vs her skin/the pink headband/the entire rest of the scene

>season 2
>scene with Xavin transforming into Nico to try to pleasure Karolina

I can dream. I also hope they include the scene where Xavin explains to Molly that sometimes he's male and sometimes he's female, and people just need to accept that.