This was loads better than Watchmen

This was loads better than Watchmen

Lots of things are.

It has peaks that I'd argue that rival Watchmen but there are some really weak parts that bring it down as a whole. Still a fantastic comic.

most icecream vans are better than watchmen

I think I'm partial to it because I like when Golden/Silver Age characters get this kind of treatment

Probably part of why I liked Kingdom Come so much, because of how it handled Captain Marvel

It wasn't
>not!Sivana being a literal nazi doctor and raping Not!Mary Marvel cause lol EDGE
>Endlessly long flowery pretentions descriptors where Moore pretends he is Kurt Vonnegut
>the black guy with fire powers being literally a nothing character
I could go on, but I like this page, it's probably the best thing Moore ever wrote.

I liked both.

What are those "really weak parts"?

>al kindsa shit
read that in the Hodge Twins voice

Yeah I like it a lot more. Still waiting for Marvel to put it in a reasonable trade.

>not!Peacemaker being a literal baby killing Vietnam vet stereotype and raping Not!Nightshade cause lol EDGE
>Endlessly long pretentious fake autobiography pages where Moore pretends to be Dos Pasos
>Molloch being a literally nothing character
It's pretty easy lad

>The complete second arc
>the characterisation is nowhere near Watchmen
>ideas are not fleshed out
>structurally weak
>prose is purple
It's nowhere near Watchmen.

All of those are wrong though, sadly same cannot be said about the Miracleman criticism.

Swamp Thing is better than both

The only thing I will agree with is the purple prose, The second arc is excellent. The characterization is strong but it's not a character driven story like Watchmen is, it's a mythological deconstruction.
>Structurally weak
Howso? It has a much cleaner arc than Watchmen, though it is less complex this doesn't inherently make it weak or even weaker. The story never wavers or meanders and takes us from the man Mike Moran to the God Miracleman, while covering his backstory and mythos.
>Ideas are not fleshed out
Which ones? Firedrakes is the only one I can think of, and that was just to have more characters in the fight against KM. Maybe his daughter? But I think the point that she is supposed to be as alien to him as he is to humanity is pretty obvious and well done.

Nah, Under the Hood is fucking shit like all of Moore's prose, and it takes you out of the story between chapters. Especially since it's a murder mystery where you're not looking for reprieve. Also I did find it disappointing that all of the villains are bitches/non existant including Molloch, but I get that they're supposed to be washed up, it's about as valid of a claim as the firedrake who is in like 16 pages at most being a less developed character.

>like all of Moore's prose
Jerusalem is great though

>not character driven
I don't think that works as an excuse to make something good. Are lord of the rings or Harry Potter to be considered good only because they're not supposed to be genre stories?

>Structurally weak
It's not bad, but it's structurally nowhere near Watchmen, Swamp Thing, TKJ or From hell. You can easily see that it's some of Moore's earliest work before he hit his stride.

>ideas are not fleshed out
The one where Miracleman and Micky hold the same space. Moore teases a jealousy between the two when his wife is pregnant with Miracleman's baby, but it's never taken any further. Moore just decides to have an alien attack instead. Micky remains without much of a character until the end. He's shown to be nothing more than a passive observing figure in a story where neither the main characters are much fleshed out.

This

Molloch is an actual character and he plays off well against Comedian. All the rest of the points are just shit posts.

Miracleman is good, but is flawed and not as great as Watchmen or From hell, which remain his best works.

>posting low res trash

>not as great as Watchmen
You're wrong.

No, you're wrong.

>Micky
Man if you don't even know the characters' names why should I entertain your arguments?
Also saying that the story has a different storytelling style from Watchmen and should be critiqued as such is far from an excuse. Might as well shit on these two works for not being all ages or something.
Honestly the fact that you missed the entire point of this scene, and the whole Mike/Miracleman relationship and then attempt to use your lack of reading comprehension as an argument for a dropped plot speaks volumes about your argument. And the Killing Joke is not even in the same league as the other books you mentioned.

>MUH CANCER PLEASE DON'T KILL ME
Bravo Moore

It's interesting certainly, but I think one of my nitpicks is you can tell at the tail end he's not sure what to do with such a spectacular stage.
I'll commend him however for integrating that very thought train into the story with the people now living it in unsure what they've done, are doing or should do next.

Before someone compares it to his usual thing of leaving the future uncertain, it's slightly different because in things like V and whatnot there are limited options and it's a matter of choices, in the new world engineered by Miraceman and his associates there's virtually no limit to what can be done so it felt more like someone trailing off rather than leaving you on a cliffhanger to speculate. But again I return to my commendation in that Miracleman's own musing on just how overwhelming this all is leaves you with a similar sense of awe in the traditional sense. He recognizes there's no going back and even with all his ability doesn't quite know what's ahead.

MUSHROOM TIP

Hey man, some of our Miracleman scans are from before the restoration.

If by restoration, you mean that shit recoloring that Marvel did, that isn't what I'm posting from.

The user who supplied this res will never not be based.

No, the ALL NEW HIGH QUALITY SCANS torrent, which if I remember correctly was also a restoration.

I really like how miracleman mans aspirations were to turn the world into a 50s comic

I never said Killing Joke is even in the same league. It's definitely a lot better structured than Miracleman. Miracleman not being character driven should've ended this discussion. The difference in character depth between Watchmen and Miracleman is astounding. That scene speaks loads about the unevenness of the comic.

This spread bummed me the fuck out

I like Miracleman but I feel Watchmen edges it out in the art department. That's not to say that Miracleman doesn't have fantastic art, just that Watchmen does some really brilliant stuff like Fearful Symmetry being completely symmetrical in the paneling or the alien explosion in New York turning into the blood splatter on the Comedian's badge.

>y-you were actually the retarded one who's arguments shouldn't have been entertained, nevermind I didn't know the name of the main character of the comic I'm claiming to have an informed opinion on

Top 10 + Smax, Supreme and The Big Chill are his best work

you do know that mickey is what he was called in the anglo days, right? it's not that huge of a mistake to make

Micky is fine, you sperg

>Marvel doesn't have something as good as the watchm--

DCfags BTFO

maybe miracleman would sell as well as watchmen if marvel released it in softcover and in it's original colours