Doesn't know he's a Toy

>Doesn't know he's a Toy
>Still freezes when Humans are near

Other urls found in this thread:

cracked.com/personal-experiences-1250-5-myths-about-prostitutes-i-believed-until-i-was-one.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably just being respectful to the alien's culture.

Interesting observation.

I have some more.

What defines a toy? What gives them life? If Adny were to take a marker to a piece of wood and draw a face on it and play with that, would the piece of wood come to life?
How are other toys like Buzz not coming to life on the store shelves? And why is the Buzz line of toys the only ones that seem to not understand that they're toys?

This, or freezing as a toy is something that is ingrained in every toy's brain so that it's as automatic as breathing is to us.

The world of Tou Story is dark as fuck. They spend time with a kid only to be inevitably dumped in the future and the cycle repeats itself until they are thrown away

Pixar world is weird. Everything is sentient, toys, insects, fish, rats, monsters and even emotions. They're all watching you

do we ever see any other toys fresh off the shelf? i think they met Barbie at the toy store and she was pretty into being Barbie (this is a bit fuzzy because barbie doesn't exactly have a fleshed out backstory to believe in)

The Toy Story That Time Forgot christmas special was entirely about this with the Dino warrior toys

I wonder if Pixar would ever explore this.

They could create a story about the first toy in history. Going back to prehistoric times, the first ever doll could be shown coming to life and figuring out her purpose in life, suggesting that it was her that established the rules that all toys instinctively follow.

Damn Dolly in TS3 got it good. Since she's a homemade doll the family isn't gonna get rid of her anytime soon. They're gonna treat her like a queen as an heirloom

Whats the difference between a factory made toy and a toy made at home with love?

Would a fleshlight be alive since it's a toy?

There were Buzz Lightyear dolls in the second movie at Al's Toy Barn. Apparently they kept still because they believed they were in hypersleep or something.

Did none of them find it strange there are hundreds of doppelgangers nearby?

Meanwhile there is an aisle full of barbie toys that are having a party presumably every night.

How did none of the cameras capture that?
How does no one hear the music?

I figured the freezing was basically just some hardwired instinct. He could fight it or not do it if he wanted to, but something in his mind really tells him it's the right call to freeze

We know that lawn gnomes and Christmas ornaments are alive going off lines from the movies.

That Toy Story comic actually extended the definition further in that it had a story where a game console tries to get rid of the toys to monopolize playtime with Andy. And there was another story where a GPS device appears to be sentient.

>tfw the fleshlights are left alone so they end up coughing up jizz after you leave but the suffering doesn't end there
>they know they have to swallow the cum again before you come back and get suspicious
>also every time your mom goes to the grocery store for tendies weird sounds come from her room like a motor is running but it always mysteriously cuts off when you go to investigate.
>your mother evades the question when she's home by dropping hints that she knows where your fleshlight is

Toys aren't alive unless they have faces. We've never seen thing like beach balls or kites being alive.

>doesnt realize some have mouths

>Your $12,000 J cup real doll actually hates you and her own existence.

It's a survival instinct.
The toys have no ego of their own, they only receive any from the kids who perceive them as people rather than objects. That's why only toys are alive and not everything. The personality they have is based on the one the children give them, which is why toys from shows like Buzz have a preset personality, while more generic toys have no backstory.
The toys drop dead when humans are around because if they knew they were alive they'd stop using their imaginations to imagine them as such, thus the toys wouldn't receive any mental energy to sustain themselves.

Do you think she sees herself as a real woman?

That's not realistic. Buzz by default will take his role as a space ranger totally seriously, as will Barbie, Zerg, the aliens, etc.

If Pixar went that route your real doll and fleshlight would tell everyone have how sexy fat neckbeards who like hentai are.

No, she knows she's a toy, but she resents her owner and the fact she was made just to be fucked.

>would tell everyone have how sexy fat neckbeards who like hentai are
I assume they would act like prostitutes and talk shit about how disgusting and pathetic their "customers" are.

What if toys are actually devices planted by Monsters to learn the fears and personalities of every children they want to scare?

>a toy resenting it's being played with

Nice try roastie, prostitutes generally dont dislike their customers unless they're abusive or assholes

All the other toys seem to really get off on being played with

I googled it and there's a ton of Salon articles in the last year about how prostitutes hate everybody. I'm tempted to think it's just SocJus trying to fuck with society again.

Think then she ever imagines killing her owner?
Who would blame her? She's just a toy.

Not really, they disliked being played with roughly by toddlers, even though some of them were toddler toys.

Factories implant souls into products; normal consumers are unable to give sentience to inanimate objects.

but clearly means thats not the case

>I am just a mouth and I must scream

its cracked but this one describes legal prostitution well

cracked.com/personal-experiences-1250-5-myths-about-prostitutes-i-believed-until-i-was-one.html

All the villains in Toy Story always mention how resentful they are for not being as loved as other toys, but they never take out their frustration on humans, only other toys.

Even in the first movie. The fucked up toys didn't really do shit to Sid beyond scaring him, and he's been torturing them for what presumably has been years.

Why is that? Is the need for human love so ingrained in toys that they could never think of actually rebelling? Has any toy harmed a human in that universe?

>character concept is an insightful fleshlight who is exceptionally understanding and great for conversation but all anyone wants is to fill her mouth with penis

>character concept is a woman

>"Looks like you've got a friend in you!"
>"I swear to god, Woody..."

>Woody

>Toys aren't alive unless they have faces
Etch-a-sketch was alive though

If you asked Buzz why he did that, he would no doubt have cited some technobabbly Space Ranger protocol requiring him to do exactly that.

They're six-inches tall, made of plastic or cotton and treat television remotes like unmovable NASA computer consoles. How the fuck is one going to murder a human? Convince an army man to kamikaze down a kid's throat while he's sleeping?

Dunno, but at my Toys R Us the only cameras are focused on the min wage cashiers.

I presume no one hears the music because no one works ovrrnight?

>Tou Story
There's a story about the King of Hamath?

Etch-A-Sketch, toy trucks and cars (at least the big ones) and that thing that makes animal noises when you pull the handle are alive.

This. Buzz believes he's on a secret mission on an uncharted planet, and freezes to avoid being detected by the planet's inhabitants. Like how the ones in the store in 2 thought they were in hypersleep.

I'd love to see Toy Story 4 take a Small Soldiers direction concerning a splinter cell of hundreds toys that want to rebel against the humans and try to recruit Woody and the gang.

and Sid comes back as a toy hunter trying to find and destroy the living toy regime and protect humanity from their wrath

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Sid's the garbageman headbanging in TS3 with the skull shirt, he's not traumatized to Mr. Crocker levels or anything.

>ancient Toy Story
I never knew I wanted this until now

It's part of his training. It's even said in Toy Story 2 that they think being tied up in the box is "hypersleep". All Buzz Lightyears are probably taught in the academy to freeze when humans are nearby.