Node.js is the nu-male of programming. Seriously. Go to any node project...

Node.js is the nu-male of programming. Seriously. Go to any node project, and its going to be full of fat SJW "grrl" programmers, cucks, kikes, and other useless dregs of society.

Just look at this shit: github.com/nodejs/readable-stream/pull/238#issuecomment-257954715

Not a single strong chin anywhere.

Why is this? Why does node have so many fucking cucks? Is it because javascript is a shit language? There are other shit languages without the cuck problem.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/juliangruber/isarray
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

node.js rubi on rails are startup trendy meme langs

>everyone on this site probably knows basic HTML and coding
>mfw I have absolutely zero knowledge on the simplest coding

Yes it's because Javascript is a shit language for betas. Javascript devs are all failed graphic design guys and the sort of people who suck Elon Musk dick.

Also node.js is easy as fuck with the asstons of frameworks. Any 11 year old can fart on a keyboard and make a web app.

That being said, ease of use is a utility. With Typescript support there are few reasons not to use it.

And which is the most alpha language?

Web development in general is dominated by hipsters, nu males and SJWs

Wtf is a node?

What your opinion on c#?
I want to start learning it for unity.

Go C or go home nigga.

Go do the basic codeacademy, it is by far the best and easiest way to learn

You must have been born after MySpace.

lol

Use it if you need to. They're all basically the same until you want to actually manage memory.

Its ok for beginners, only annoying thing I hate about it is that it passes by reference by default with pointers

So much this.

Javascript and especially Node.js is trash tier crap for hipsters.

Java is just plain shit used in big companies because their outsourced crap from the 90's would cost them money to replace and they have no interest in their IT departments.

C# is Microsoft shit.

C is the ultimate language however it depends what you need to do. Python is excellent for a lot of stuff that would be too time consuming for the same result in C.

>I hate about it is that it passes by reference by default with pointers
Why is this bad? If you want to clone an object it isn't really that hard to do.

>imperative languages
all cucked
OCaml is the alpha language.

here there aren't many node programmers, mostly ruby, python, and c.

python is for Sup Forums types, c is for actual work, and ruby is for system automation and web programming.

I do ruby and c. Its not bad. C has managed to resist all the sjw kikery coming out of the bay area by being C, and ruby has managed to resist it because the japanese, for all their faults, aren't cucks like the koreans and don't put up with that crap.

still, the few node programmers i've met are all awful and couldn't code their way out of a wet paper bag

Powershell :^)

scala if u trying to make nigger money
haskell if u str8 dgaf

Yikes.

How can a programming language be cucked?

It does everything Java does plus more. Also it compiles straight to binary executables which is nice. imo best language. C and C++ are for tryhard fags.

Dude. Everyone uses node or at least npm. The problem is probably github itself.

This is a shit thread.

Scala, C, C++, or VHDL

B-but muh pointers
Srsly dude, pointers make quick work of verbose java/C# brograms

doesn't node need libraries for shit as simple as 'isArray' or 'leftPad'

Javascript used to be a more shit language.

It wasn't until Google sent out an arctic adventure team to find Lars, an ancient sage ice fisherman in Iceland, to develop the V8 javascript engine. Beautifully virtualized, compact, thoughtful. V8 runs in the heart of all these new age services because it's so damn fast. MongoDB, NodeJS.

Sure, Javascript has it's declarative, functional approach, which maybe wouldn't be the choice of many OOP veterans, but with prototypal inheritance and new ECMA6 features, it's really coming together. Arrow functions (lambdas), native async, native AMD with 'import' statement like python, good interpolation and templating, assignment by object restructuring, and syntactic sugar to make traditional class-based inheritance easier without having to extend objects yourself. It's getting pretty sexy.

And why shouldn't Javascript? I mean, I have the same objections as any programmer does: it's not compiled! it's interpreted! its weakly typed! it's declarative! Good objections, all.

But we know that Javascript is the lingua franca of the internet. Delivering serialized+compressed JSON is now the de-facto method for delivering easy to consume data, because everything understands JS.

Node is nice. Node is modular. Compartmentalized, fast. I recently converted a legacy project for an old client which was done in .NET MVC 5 -- making an MVC service in Node was a dream. It was so much faster. Like, ten times faster. So not only did I make $25,000 as a one time project fee, their legacy project actually got BETTER just because of node's low overhead.

JS is better with Typescript. Strongly typed classes, transpiles to normal JS.

And I agree that most devs who are like "i'm a javascript developer" are faggy starbucks sipping apple users. Who couldn't tell you what "prototypal inheritance" or an "interface class" is in the first place. But Node is honestly pretty cool. yaaa nigga spin up some docker instances on AWS and get yo chedda, shiet

I'm doing HtDP -> SICP -> CTM, on HtDP now. Is this the most redpilled way to learn programming?

C# is not pass by reference by default. It passes object references by value. There is a big difference.

I don't hate myself that much

COBOL

bruh fuckin nobody codes C anymore. why in the fuck would you make a web app in C.

No it doesn't compile S traight to an exe, the exe is a basic container that launches the .net runtime VM and injects the compiled .net bytecode (which is NOT raw instructions like compiled C, but more like java bytecode, exactly the same principle as java actually)

bueno

Same, I'm slowly learning though. Nice that there are so many tutorials online to download, sucks that there are so many tutorials available.

This is news to me. Sounds like it's just self-contained Java

If your high-level code is needlessly verbose then you're doing something wrong.

>popular
>it attracts normies
Boy, I wonder why it got popular.

I know that Koding with Karlie has scholarships or whatever to coding bootcamps, they teach Ruby.

Java and C#, just in syntax alone, are verbose.

>It passes object references by value
It passes object by reference and primitives by value.

What you said doesn't even make sense.

js is a great language and you can't prove me wrong faggot

It doesn't? I really thought that it did, although I only used it during an internship a couple of years ago.

wtf I hate C#
I am now a Cmissle

This...

No point in arguing whether a language is cucked or not. You either need the language for a job or you don't. Either you can use a language easily in your project or you can't. There's seriously nothing more too it. This thread is cucked

assembly

What you call "verbose" everyone else calls "readable"

I think he was referring to the ref keyword along with passing primitives by value....

I think.

C# is absolutely fine - don't listen to the "C or bust" crowd because while they're correct in the C gives you the most control and flexibility, it also makes most things take way longer because you have to manage it all yourself.

With .NET moving to be a crossplatform language there's a very good chance C# could end up killing off Java (albeit very, very slowly because of how entrenched Java is).

Literally nothing wrong with Node. Kys

Go back to Basic

ASSEMBLY LIKE A REAL MAN

>muh C meme
underclassmen college kids with no industry experience.
slide thread. sage sage sage

pure primitive circuit logic.

if it was good enough for nukes and astronauts its good enough for me

Its true. The latest Java updates have been implemented in c# for ages.

Fuck off, ECMA 4 lyfe. Functional and Prototypal.

Nodejs rules.

These faggy numales are all front end designers that barely know JS and use npm and act like theyre software engineers.

None of them can write a MapReduce if their life depended on it.

Was required to be able to use some messageboards and whatever.

Which is why I can type this tb᠎h f᠎am

Isn't this just the case for all programmers? Excuse me, I meant "Software Engineers" (or maybe now they call themselves "bit baristas"). Maybe people who do embedded stuff aren't such fags, but I would bet that everyone in web development is a total queer, no matter what the language.

Of course, I'm running under the assumption Microsoft doesn't fuck up .NET Core....and based on how much they're fucking up everything else lately, that's not a sure bet

>mapreduce

Stop using this shitty meme lexicon. There is literally nothing that mapreduce does that requires it needing a special snowflake name.

>falling for the imperitive jew

You're wrong and probably know nothing about passing arguments.
Both C# and Java are pass-by-value. However objects of classes are represented by object references (they are boxed). What gets passed is the object reference, by value. To pass by reference in C# you need to use the ref keyword. But again, you're passing an object reference by reference this way.

> node.js
> language
pick one

There's startup/silicon valley web development and then there's actual business web dev.

The former category is mostly like this (I say mostly because many of the startups that are ultimately successful likely are the exception), the latter is very much not. That shit doesn't fly in an investment bank for instance.

Java

I think OP has presented a valid topic. Arguing about whether a language is good, bad, worst or best is futile. Ultimately, you use what you need to get a job done.

However, the community surrounding a language or technology can absolutely be shit. Try attending a tech conference some time and see. JavaScript conferences will be approximately 80% blue haired transgender feminist otherkins talking about diversity in tech and other SJW soft topics..

you must be a pajeet.

it makes perfect sense if you know what pass by reference actually means and how parameters work in C#. if you pass an object, it is a reference type and the value of the reference is passed. that value can be changed without affecting the original parameter that was passed. you have to use the ref keyword to get pass by reference, regardless of if you are passing a reference type or value type.

jesus christ.

Swift

Awww, someone is big data butthurt.

Sorry they didnt hire you for that analytics gig.

C# is fine, I've used it. Only in an MVC app.
C# triggers my autism, and C is soothing. Low level control is a desireable, albeit impractical, feature.

This is correct. If you pass in an object, it's the value of the object - you cannot change the object itself, but you can change the values of the references that object encapsulates. By using ref you can change the entire object that is being passed in.

Rust is sweet if you love sanity while programming. Community is pretty shit though.

>using the gay apple programming language

Pls is this bait or what?

cool

Javascript is good, but it isn't a tool for every single issue.

Why make a backend cms with it?

Conplex Classes and objects in js would make me want to kill myself.

Why not a language made for backend

kys

The ability to efficiently use the Sup Forums UI makes you better off than most normies

I thought fagchan would be a fan of (((lisp)))

Rude dude

whoa

Just memeing bro

>Node.js is a language
OP your opinion is worthless and retarded. Kill yourself

Fuck node, double fuck the node community, triple fuck node maintainers who put fucking emoji in their commit messages.

Fuck node.

No shit.

>node.js
>writing backend in javascript
>JAVASCRIPT

Can't wait till we dump this garbage javascript for WebAssembly.

Also, there's a billion more isArray examples.

They have "web assembly" now.
It's some kind of abomination where you can program in C/C++ and compile a binary that executes assembly in javac (java virtual machine).

C mos def

Javascript is NOT real coding

but how?

Any language that is not strongly typed is simply bluepilled cancer.

What is your functional language of choice?

What has MS fucked up recently?

Good thing theres typescript

Thanks Microsoft

Let's get into a real discussion here

Why are all "female" programmers transgender?

Windows 10
That's because microsoft hires shitty graduate students.

>javascript
>node.js packages

The isArray package in the OP is just this:
"toString.call(arr) == '[object Array]';"

that's the entire code you can call any time.
yet look at all this shit

github.com/juliangruber/isarray

literally for cucks

Windows 10. And with the heavy downsizing of the QA department strange bugs are showing up in some of their other software (Office, VS 2015, and SQL Server 2016). None of them are showstoppers, but they're below the standard MS used to have

I agree.

At my workplace the numale graphic design major "front end devs" constantly bitch because they sometimes have to use strongly typed Typescript

Haskell

Yeah but that's fucking horrendous though.

Yeah no
>tfw fell for the C/C++ meme and spent 6 years tinkering with low level C++ libraries for embedded stuff and sdks
>now spent 3 years designing entire gloruous scalable nodejs systems one per week

Js is the present and the future for the next 5-10 years and it's foolish to deny it.