Fairly Oddparents

for the love of god please don't make this about shipping bullshit

Did Butch/Nickelodeon spoil their potential with this show?

On one hand-
They had a fuck load of episodes. They had movie specials. They had (weird) live action movie specials. They had TONS of events and episodes and all the financial success that comes with those commercials.
So it was financially successful.

But as a SHOW. It just...fizzled out. Characters were quietly and completely phased out, a literal Poochie was added and then removed without notice or reason, and they added a baby character that was inevitably removed as well in the same quiet manner as the others. It's like the show was on life support and new characters were the support until the body stabilized- when they were then removed.

I don't like the idea of comedy shows going completely up their own ass with lore and drama shit, but look at the fucking (first 8 seasons) of the Simpsons. They had comedy as their basis but at the same time they had moments of heartwarming and shit. This show could've done SOMETHING but it just...didn't. It never did and it just rotted from the inside.

I mean look at this shit, every kid growing up knew- no one but Timmy can see his fairies unless they had them as well.
But then in their last season they just threw that shit out for no reason, no explanation.

So, apparently at the end, they just didn't care. A pity. As one user said "It ended not with a hurrah, but with a whimper."

Sparky and Poof were just executive meddling and most of the problems in later seasons were caused more by Hartman losing people around him that originally helped made the show great. Steve Marmel, Sarah Frost, Dave Thomas, there are probably others but the point is these people not only helped but also kept Hartman's own autism in check. Once they were gone, Hartman became like George Lucas in that he was so full of himself he thought every idea he had would work and everyone would love having Crocker or Cosmo or whatever character shoved down their throats every episode because he liked those characters.

I'm actually shocked the show took as long as it did to die. FOP season 10's ratings took a dive but they were still respectable compared to other contemporary shows. The fact that it took Nick so long to get a show to challenge it (Loud House) is probably a big reason why.

It's much better if you ignore all the filler stuff created after Timmy was allowed to keep his fairies. There's absolutely no reason to continue watching after The Timmy Turner Loophole unless you like strange filler that breaks the canon of the cartoon. Stop watching at the real end of the cartoon and it had a great ending.

>spoiler
Well I mean yeah, the best ship is obviously Timmy/Vicky.

Can an episodic cartoon really have "filler"? I mean shit episodes sure, but ti's not like FOP had an overarching plot.

>for the love of god please don't make this about shipping bullshit

Fuck you faglord, TimmyxTootie.

TimmyXVicky is best
Tootie can be Vicky's other sub she sometimes orders to fuck Timmy for her amusement

How about the fact that the show was cancelled TWICE already, and yet it somehow came back?

Dig the hole deeper next time.

Wait, they put a new girl in now?

Also, Did Sherwood ever get finished

still going strong last i saw

>no one but Timmy can see his fairies unless they had them as well
Horribly worded user, but I get what you mean. This irks me so much more than anything else honestly.
and you really can't talk about anything on Sup Forums without it devolving into shipping bullshit

>Wait, they put a new girl in now?
yep, in the last season

she replaced the dog, who they pretend doesn't exist

>Also, Did Sherwood ever get finished

It is being worked on, not finished but Mister D returned and picked up where he left off

Thread ruined. Now we can never have a thread without these two faggots sniping back and forth about their ships.

Unironically a baitpost.

REAL AND SCARY

>spic starts samefagging
>THREAD RUINED

>he posted as he proved my point

I haven't watched FoP in years. Poof is gone? Normies can see fairies?

Poof is at school, normies can see fairies because they don't really care about anything anymore

So is it finally dying after this season? Long overdue, but fuck this show unraveled so fast. Should have ended back in like 2005.

I think so. They had to switch to flash animation around halfway through Season 10 and the show got shoved to one of the lesser channels for the rest of the episodes.

>Should have ended back in like 2005.
I agree. Ending off with Season 5 and the last couple Jimmy/Timmy Pour Hours would have been perfect and let the show end while it was still consistently good.

Wouldn't that completely change Timmy's dynamic with the entire cast?

it's not really a change when they've been shoving Crocker and Timmy's Dad down our throats since ~Season 6/7

have you noticed how half the characters are just the letter p with a face drawn on in a way that isn't funny or interesting

I forgot did they remove Sparky because the VA became a tranny or was it just because they realized the character was trash?

they removed Sparky because of negative reactions to him both inside Nick and from the fans

actually Da Rules don't care if the fairies are seen, only whether they're identified as belonging to a specific kid, not sure why everyone keeps getting tripped up on this

honestly considering how easily Fairy magic can erase memories that being a rule that can cause a kid to lose their fairies has never made sense, especially since it leads to almost all godkids to lose their fairies within a week of getting them, rendering the whole point of giving fairies out moot

>They had to switch to flash animation around halfway through Season 10 and the show got shoved to one of the lesser channels for the rest of the episodes.
actually apparently the usage of Flash for the back half of Season 10 isn't a permanent change if the show continues, they only did that because Season 10 had it's episode order extended from what it originally was, and they had to use flash to get it completed in time

What did he mean by this?

I have no clue, since Live action shows are just as varied in genre and content as cartoons.

>Big Guy
>Is voiced by Brendan Fraser

Sup Forums, is that you?

This show stopped being good after Season 1.