youtube.com/watch?v=VNttqN1wUMY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSm07stzHZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Fo_yWp9AYV8
youtu.be/h03QBNVwX8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=K-JlevnccDk
youtu.be/ABIDs6qBtcY?t=1144
twitter.com/AnonBabble

See, this shit is why I don't like this age of animation. It's so creepy.

Is this a motherfuggin gubhead reberence? :DDD

I like it for that exact reason
They don't make surreal, creepy shit like that anymore

that was fuckin awesome

Cuphead would of been 100% better if it had more butt pats and put spanks.

Took long enough for someone to upload this in HD.
>tfw prefer Bimbo to any of Fleischer's other characters

>tfw prefer Bimbo to any of Fleischer's other characters
me too

>tfw no black and white level in cuphead

there's a whole MODE dedicated to that and Technicolor

modern animators don't understand surrealism. They assume that they can get by using Post-Modernism.

You have to beat all the platforming levels without killing though and that's fucking HARD. Probably harder than S ranking bosses on expert.

There actually is a cheevo named Swing You Sinners
Also the flower boss does the same little dance as the jewish guy

fuck cuphead

>can't discuss 1930s cartoons without it automatically being related to cuphead

WAIT A MINUTE

Bendy and the Inkwell and Cuphead are bringing back interest in rubber hose animation, just as Hamilton and La La Land are bringing back interest in musicals. I think all of these things except Cuphead are overrated, but I love rubber hose animation and musical theater, so I'll take whatever exposure the medium can get. You should too.

i'm sure plenty of them understand it fine and are required by their employers to get by with post modernism

Don't you hate it when you fall down the sewer into a spanking cult's mind-fuck dungeon?

youtube.com/watch?v=FSm07stzHZQ

WANNA BE A MEMBER? WANNA BE A MEMBER?

So did people back in the day think spanking and getting poked in the ass was the funniest shit?

Gay undertones? Maybe like a subtle way of calling someone a fag. That, or just a different time's style of humor.

Post more spoopy cartoons
youtube.com/watch?v=Fo_yWp9AYV8

>fall down the sewer into a spanking cult's mind-fuck dungeon?

Sounds like my next DnD campaign!

what?

We get plenty of both, and when animators get the go-ahead they do great surrealist animation (unless you are triggered when shows use irony, then you must feel pretty BTFOd).
The problem is that animated sitcoms do better than experimental work, and that cheap (outsourced) animation is profitable; not that somehow animators became less talented as art styles changed.
You mentality is a popular contrarian meme

Supposedly this is based on a famous jewish vaudeville comedian at the time

This guy () has been watching too much Jordan Peterson and thinks he knows what post modernism is.

youtu.be/h03QBNVwX8Q

NO

Imagine it's the 1930s, and this is the norm for cartoons. You have never even seen a colored cartoon. You buy a ticket for the cartoony-picture and have to endure this horrifying thing stretched over 20 feet tall right in your face. Shit must've been surreal to people back then.

Yeah, it's pretty funny. People were running out of the theatre because a train was coming to the screen in 1896. It didn't take long to bring weird nightmare shit to life for the first time.

youtube.com/watch?v=K-JlevnccDk

The lighting/shadows while the doctor is explaining his experiment are creepy as fuck.

Sorry to contradict, but the train story is a myth.

If it happened at all, the most likely case is people getting scared when the film was transformed into the first 3D film that happened decades after 1896

>That time Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog had an entire scene recreating this cartoon

So did Sonic Underground

I never watched that train wreck, don't make me search the episodes out of curiosity to find the scene

youtu.be/ABIDs6qBtcY?t=1144